Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

SOS fellow pinsiders! It's a long story but I bought a Data east Star Wars for a friend (off ebay) and am arranging freight with navl. Come to find out they live in an inaccessible area of Alabama and are moving Tuesday!! Navl can't get in to pick it up with their big trucks and can't get a small truck in time!!

So here's where I need the help. Any Pinsider in or near Alabama (36278, Wedowee to be exact, maybe 40 miles from Birmingham) can help a complete stranger? I'm hoping someone nearby can get a pickup and go move the pin to a safe place that can be picked up by navl later. Heck, I'd even let you keep it for a few weeks and play it if you want!! It would be worth well more than a sixpack to me! Anyone?

#3 7 years ago

Please please? Anyone need $50?

#4 7 years ago

I'd ask the seller for a refund. Tell 'em it's not your fault they live in such a remote area and waited until three days before they move to sell the thing. With Paypal it's easy to get your money back.

I don't think even somebody in the state would be tempted to drive to some remote area in Alabama, heft a 250 lb beast into their truck. take it home, unload it and then store it for you for fifty bucks. Most of that might be spent on gas anyways.

Even if you offered 300 bucks you may not find anyone with the time or inclination to do it. I'd go for the refund. Good luck with it.

#5 7 years ago

Are you out of your mind?! You're asking a complete stranger to come haul a pin sight unseen in BFE and hang onto it for you while you get your act together for $50! At best you're begging to get ripped off. Bad mouthing Michelle in a seperate thread probably isnt helping either. Call a private moving company to move and store it properly.

#6 7 years ago

Seller needs to help you out, otherwise they won't be able to prove it was shipped. The seller will have no protection if someone picks that game up other that a moving company that can leave documentation of a safe pickup and a receipt of delivery address.

Maybe seller could have driver meet them at the end of the street or nearest accessible location. The pin looks nice BTW, but the seller said nothing about moving and having a limited time to get a pickup done.

#7 7 years ago

Sounds like the seller doesn't want to sell it that bad. Make the seller work harder.

#8 7 years ago

For $3700, you would think the seller would figure out how to get this done. Especially since his ad said he would!

#9 7 years ago

U ship best bet. I have place ads and had games picked up next day.

#10 7 years ago

Uship is an excellent idea. Guys with small trailers/trucks looking for exactly these kinds of loads.

#11 7 years ago

Can you give some examples of Cost using Uship? I'd be interested I comparison to NAVL.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Can you give some examples of Cost using Uship? I'd be interested I comparison to NAVL.

I think you are running out of time to be checking & comparing prices, just find a local moving company in the area to pick up and store.

#13 7 years ago

I've never moved a pin with Uship. Had a polaris ranger picked up in PA and delivered to AL for $450. And a 38' fifth wheel camper from NC to AL for $600. It was surprising both times how many offers I had within 2 days of guys ready to go almost right away.

#14 7 years ago

$460 ish from California to Florida in 10 days with Michelle.

A sweetheart of help for over 20 years!, or close.

#15 7 years ago

Detroit to charlotte 160. Northern va to charlotte nc 150. Charlotte to md 185.

#16 7 years ago

May not help you but there is a pretty great show in Atlanta on Friday. I know you said they move Tuesday but I wonder if Don @ Pinballs on the Move would be in that area for the show and could grab it with his epic trailer?

Good luck! / Wish I was closer and could help!

#17 7 years ago

Thanks to all the help and "constructive" criticism. waitibg on bids from uship.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/urgent-help-needed-in-alabama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.