(Topic ID: 333139)

Urgent: Fold backbox- Supet Orbit

By ravve

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Guys, just bought a Gottlieb Super Orbit (1983) and needs urgently to know if backbox can be folded on those things, or does it have to be removed?
Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Any backbox can be folded on itself. that head it pretty light. Just unbolt it, lay it on the game, and strap it down to the body. You can place a blanket between the head and body.

#3 1 year ago

Im pretty sure this one HAS hinges though. I remember someone saying it was one of the earliest with the fold down hinges.
If you look at the gallery here on pinside you can in fact see the hinges below the backglass in a couple of the pics.
Not sure if they all were like that but I think so. Also what Gundam said you can fold down any backbox and secure it to the cabinet

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for your replies! I am on my way to bring the machine home. Dont know if it has hinges or not, but either case it should be pretty easy to unbold the backbox and lay it down on the playfield glass, right? No cables that need to be deattached?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from ravve:

Thanks for your replies! I am on my way to bring the machine home. Dont know if it has hinges or not, but either case it should be pretty easy to unbold the backbox and lay it down on the playfield glass, right? No cables that need to be deattached?

If it can be folded down, there should be no need to detach cables. If you do have to detach cables just take good pictures. I think it's the type where you can fold it down (check for bolts behind the backglass under the boards). If you are having space issues in your car you can bring it to your car, load it half way in with the head folded, then you should be able to unhook the head from the hinges with 2 or 3 small bolts on each side of the bottom of the head. Slide the head down a few inches to a foot to get it just a little narrower to get it in the car. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/urgent-fold-backbox-supet-orbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.