UPS has Outdone Themselves...

By Billy16

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

queen-studios-collectibles-thanos-avengers-endgame-lifesize-1-1-scale-bust-img03 (resized).jpg
z9c83 (resized).jpg
20200428_162228 (resized).jpg
20200428_162015 (resized).jpg
5D52B74B-B649-4E02-9434-4BF8B6709FA2 (resized).jpeg
4A0216EB-331B-4AD6-A17E-C3AD33B871CF (resized).jpeg
Colon-Blow-672x372 (resized).png
60200646_1fa0f5a28a_z (resized).jpg
20180513_151951 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

My package started its journey less than 100 miles away last Tuesday. It sat around the UPS hub collecting dust for two days. Some enterprising UPS employee had the realization that this item just might not make it to the final destination if they did not actually put it on a truck. OK, day three and now it is moving. Makes the 92 mile journey south, gets put on another truck last Friday and is now "out for delivery". Except it was never delivered. Check the tracking the next morning and "your package was delayed due to circumstances beyond our control." Huh, I'd think being on the truck and "out for delivery" would negate that excuse for poor service, but whatever. So today, Monday, it is again "out for delivery." Only one slight problem--it was once again not delivered. Be interesting to see what reason they have when some other genius scans it tomorrow.

Now I need that future VP of Operations who put it on the truck up north to come out to Aguanga and show the driver how to take it off the truck....

UPS, you really suck at what you do!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Delivery problems happen in the best of times. Currently not the best considering the current situation. Maybe? Hope you get your package soon

Sure, times are weird right now and if things slow down--understandable. But to be on the truck, twice, and not get delivered?

Checked the tracking one more time last nite, and got "your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control." How is not delivering something in your truck not in your control? This morning, it is back "out for delivery"--once again. If the driver does grant me the special privilege of driving by my house and actually removing my item from his truck today--20 bucks says it will look like hippos played water polo with it for a week...

My biggest issue with these guys--absolutely no accountability--none.

#35 3 years ago

Who cares about the guitar--tell me about the wok!

#37 3 years ago

Good news, my package just arrived! I asked the UPS driver if it wasn't in pretty rough shape. He told me not to worry, he would take it back to the hub and put some more tape on the box. That should help.

Just kidding--still waiting...although now I've taken the advice that was offered and am patiently (and indifferently) waiting.

60200646_1fa0f5a28a_z (resized).jpg60200646_1fa0f5a28a_z (resized).jpg
#41 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Hope she still holds air when you inflate her..........

Hahaha!

#54 3 years ago

That is a nice looking SG. I'm guessing that is a Gibson trem? How does it sound and will it stay in tune if you use it?

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Man, I remember when DHL practically shit down, didn't they file for bankruptcy protection some years back?

This was either an interesting play on words, or that is some wild auto spell check you have...

#73 3 years ago

Wow, look at the time! I'm betting UPS will achieve the almost mythical and very difficult to obtain "Out for Delivery" (that was not actually delivered) trifecta! Wish I was getting free miles on this...

Wait---what? The trifecta has been avoided by a heroic effort from UPS! Gee, thanks boyz...

#77 3 years ago

That is the genius of UPS, minimal competition, high prices, poor service, no accountability. The roadmap to business success! (except it would be business suicide if they were in solved in any most other field of service).

I sent an email inquiry to "customer service" (laughable to use UPS and customer service in the same sentence) several days ago asking why my package was not being delivered. No response until after it was delivered with a cheerful "We see your package has been delivered, please contact us if we can be of any further service!" UPs--you'd have to be of some real service first, before you could be of further service...

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Funny, I actually thought this thread might be one dedicated to being grateful for UPS.
I work at a major parcel sorting facility for USPS, and we are bogged down with mail from other offices shutdown. That info isn't out there for people to dissect or interpret, but I assure you, this is a hectic time for people in this industry, as well as many others...

My beef is with UPS in particular (pandemic or not), as over the years they have proven to be uncaring and inept as far as customer service is concerned. USPS and Fed-Ex seem to do a better job of things. I've had packages from both those services actually delivered earlier than predicted--which never has happened with UPS. On time and generally undamaged if you are lucky; late, broken or just plain missing if you are not--and good luck getting any real help from them if you have an issue. How is something scanned as "out for delivery" three days in row before the driver finally decides to do me the favor of delivering it--at 7:45pm? I'm sure I was 15 minutes away from having it ride back to the hub one more day. Ridiculous.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Why use them? Why not just use FedEx instead if UPS is giving you bad service?

It was not my choice, someone used them to ship me something, unfortunately.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

has the package arrived yet?

I mentioned that it finally arrived after three days of "out for delivery" in post #88. It had only been dropped a few times causing some cosmetic damage, but at least it works and I got it.

1 month later
#122 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I just had a go 'round with the local UPS distribution center. It's nearby, so I dropped in personally with a box containing the remains of a backglass I had delivered to me this morning. It arrived broken.
They took the box back, "damaged refused". They gave me a phone number to have the sender call to initiate a claim. It was insured for $200.
Am I mistaken, or does the recipient file a damage claim, not the sender? It seemed to me that no one there knew what they were talking about.

My understanding is that the sender has to file the claim. Good luck seeing a favorable resolution from UPS.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ups-has-outdone-themselves?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.