UPS has Outdone Themselves...

By Billy16

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

queen-studios-collectibles-thanos-avengers-endgame-lifesize-1-1-scale-bust-img03 (resized).jpg
z9c83 (resized).jpg
20200428_162228 (resized).jpg
20200428_162015 (resized).jpg
5D52B74B-B649-4E02-9434-4BF8B6709FA2 (resized).jpeg
4A0216EB-331B-4AD6-A17E-C3AD33B871CF (resized).jpeg
Colon-Blow-672x372 (resized).png
60200646_1fa0f5a28a_z (resized).jpg
20180513_151951 (resized).jpg

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

My package started its journey less than 100 miles away last Tuesday. It sat around the UPS hub collecting dust for two days. Some enterprising UPS employee had the realization that this item just might not make it to the final destination if they did not actually put it on a truck. OK, day three and now it is moving. Makes the 92 mile journey south, gets put on another truck last Friday and is now "out for delivery". Except it was never delivered. Check the tracking the next morning and "your package was delayed due to circumstances beyond our control." Huh, I'd think being on the truck and "out for delivery" would negate that excuse for poor service, but whatever. So today, Monday, it is again "out for delivery." Only one slight problem--it was once again not delivered. Be interesting to see what reason they have when some other genius scans it tomorrow.

Now I need that future VP of Operations who put it on the truck up north to come out to Aguanga and show the driver how to take it off the truck....

UPS, you really suck at what you do!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My package started its journey less than 100 miles away last Tuesday. It sat around the UPS hub collecting dust for two days. Some enterprising UPS employee had the realization that this item just might not make it to the final destination if they did not actually put it on a truck. OK, day three and now it is moving. Makes the 92 mile journey south, gets put on another truck last Friday and is now "out for delivery". Except it was never delivered. Check the tracking the next morning and "your package was delayed due to circumstances beyond our control." Huh, I'd think being on the truck and "out for delivery" would negate that excuse for poor service, but whatever. So today, Monday, it is again "out for delivery." Only one slight problem--it was once again not delivered. Be interesting to see what reason they have when some other genius scans it tomorrow.
Now I need that future VP of Operations who put it on the truck up north to come out to Aguanga and show the driver how to take it off the truck....

Sounds exactly like a previous experience that I have had with them. The item eventually got delivered.

#3 3 years ago

My package was 100 miles away on the 13 of April, no updates, was on hold for 45 minutes yesterday til I have up.

#4 3 years ago

Gave up

#5 3 years ago

I get the notes in the mail box that they tried to deliver but nobody was home. Ive been home for six god damn weeks.

#6 3 years ago

I'm currently waiting on a package that had a label created on the 21st, and that is all the tracking that is available. Big giant cluster.

#7 3 years ago

Post office is worse I can assure you.

I sent a priority package out from the East Lyme post office on the 20th to upstate NY and it STILL has not gotten there yet. Last update was yesterday were they indicate it just arrived at the Springfield distribution center.

They really absurd part? I found a pin I was looking for, made a deal for it, drove to upstate NY and back to pickup and have it operating in this same timeframe.

The kicker is I was less than 20 miles from the address the package is going too. I could have hand delivered it faster.

#8 3 years ago

Delivery problems happen in the best of times. Currently not the best considering the current situation. Maybe? Hope you get your package soon

#9 3 years ago

I am in mail order/Ecommerce. We ship roughly 3000 packages a week. UPS does an absolutely stellar job. The failure rate in my 25 years in this business could well be under 20.

#10 3 years ago

Patience is a virtue right?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

My package was 100 miles away on the 13 of April, no updates, was on hold for 45 minutes yesterday til I have up.

When you first called and when through pressing keys for language, type of issue, tracking number etc., were you asked to press 1 to stay on the line after the call end "to answer a few brief questions on how we are doing"?

#12 3 years ago

Once I was waiting for MSDS profiles on various chemicals in our shop. It was from Houston. It took 7 weeks to arrive. One stamp on the envelope, stated 'Arrived Poland', with a date stamp. That was with DHL.

#13 3 years ago

The shipping companies seem overwhelmed right now even including Amazon.
I feel lucky when I get something within 10 days right now.

It is not only the shipping companies but also the retailers are swamped with online orders. Costco.com has more than a two week delay just preparing and giving the order to the shipping companies.

#14 3 years ago

These poor guys are overloaded . Talked to delivery man at 7 pm said he still had 65 stops yet to go. Worse than christmas he said with all they stay at home people to scared to leave the house .

#15 3 years ago

Tried again today told me 13 minute wait , hung up after 35 minutes. I received a package from nova
Scotia in less than a week. This package was sent on the 9th, no updates . Made me stress out
Waiting, thinking it would not come. Yes was asked to stay on line after call, but call was never picked up.
About 12 years ago, the delivered to the wrong house. I had to track it down myself.

#16 3 years ago

All the delivery chains are facing challenges now. Their workloads are unprecedented. I have a package 100 miles away for 3 weeks now with no updates. It took a week to get a package from one side of the city to the other. Normally this is 2 days. I suspect more packages will be lost than normal.

#17 3 years ago

I had an old used TAF payfield coming my way. I never got a tracking number, so I didn't know I was expecting anything.

Fedex guy shows up, and drops a box off on my front porch. I'm in my office, see him deliver, and wonder what is in the box. Figure that it was some scheduled delivery or something. After a while, I go down and look at the box - it has an address that is over a few miles away. And a name that is not ANYTHING like mine.

.. Ffff..

So I figure that since I'm going out tomorrow, I'll drive it by and drop it off. Later that evening, some random car shows up in my driveway. I go out and he asks is this is my address. Yup, I ask, wondering what the heck. He says that he has a box for me that was mis-delivered. I ask him if he's the name that's on the box *I* got. Yup.

Apparently the FedEx guy was NOT paying attention, and somehow swapped out boxes - even though I SAW him scan the box se sent down on my porch.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The shipping companies seem overwhelmed right now even including Amazon.
I feel lucky when I get something with 10 days right now.
It is not only the shipping companies but also the retailers are swamped with online orders. Costco.com has more than a two week delay just preparing and giving the order to the shipping companies.

Can confirm. Work tractor-trailer for FedEx. Mandatory 7 day work week for the foreseeable future

#19 3 years ago

I think all of the delivery services do a good job as a whole, and it really comes down to your regional facilities.

When I lived in Milwaukee, UPS was a nightmare and FedEx was great. Where I live now, UPS is the All-star and FedEx is my personal shipping purgatory.

USPS has always been very consistent everywhere I have lived, and often times it comes down to the route carrier on what kind of service you will receive.

We have always given our carrier a gift card at Christmas, and always have excellent personal service at our current residence.

#20 3 years ago

Since I'm working from home, I have been able to squeeze in ebay sales much easier than pre-COVID lockdown. I refuse to use UPS any longer. I find FedEx Ground the same price, faster and much more reliable. FedEx also has a new Home Delivery service. This may be temporarily unavailable due to some modifications because of the 'VID. But home delivery is affordable and reliable. I sold an analog oscilloscope and shipped it to Texas from Pennsylvania via Home Delivery and it was not expensive and made it there in 3 days.

I sent one USPS ebay sale to a person in NY. It went to Pittsburgh, then NJ and finally upstate NY for delivery. It made it just in time for the service I paid for, but it was odd it got bounced around. All my other USPS packages have been fine and delivered on time.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Delivery problems happen in the best of times. Currently not the best considering the current situation. Maybe? Hope you get your package soon

Sure, times are weird right now and if things slow down--understandable. But to be on the truck, twice, and not get delivered?

Checked the tracking one more time last nite, and got "your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control." How is not delivering something in your truck not in your control? This morning, it is back "out for delivery"--once again. If the driver does grant me the special privilege of driving by my house and actually removing my item from his truck today--20 bucks says it will look like hippos played water polo with it for a week...

My biggest issue with these guys--absolutely no accountability--none.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Sure, times are weird right now and if things slow down--understandable. But to be on the truck, twice, and not get delivered?

I had a PingPong table delivery from Amazon via FedEx last year. It never happened. Using the tracking, I could see it quickly left Georgia, and made it to Wauwatosa (WI- local hub for me) in three days. For the next two weeks, each day it said- "On truck for delivery". After getting the run around from FedEx, I was able to talk to the local hub manager. His response- "Yeah, its here, we haven't found a truck yet that is big enough to deliver to you" (I live in a rural area). I asked when I should expect to receive it, and he said he had no idea, but not likely anytime soon.
I contacted FedEx, and cancelled the delivery, per the sellers instructions. It made it back to Georgia in three days, and then said out for delivery back to the seller for two weeks. I have no idea if the seller ever got it back, but it was simply just a sad shipment process start to finish.

I have some other crazy FedEx stories from our local hub and their inability to read an address that is clearly printed on a label.

#23 3 years ago

One positive outcome from a UPS mess-up 10 years ago I just remembered. Guy bought a piece of hi-fi gear from me. Ends up 20 miles from his house at a Sprint Cellular distribution center for some reason. I find the phone number to the Sprint distribution center, talk to the manager, he goes and finds the box and allows the guy to come and get it. I thanked the manager and asked for his personal address to send a gift card. He said don't worry, he was just happy I was a Sprint customer. No thanks to UPS, but thanks to a good person on the other end of the phone!

#24 3 years ago

deliveries in general have been bad, but I can't place blame on anyone. there are likely many things happening like people out sick, higher volumes of packages, people doing jobs they may not typically be doing, etc. it sucks, but I think like most things these days, you just kind of have to lower your expectations and take posted delivery estimates as just that.

#25 3 years ago

Yeah I had a package go through UPS and it kept going back and fourth from Cincy to Dayton 4 different times so I went to the UPS store and they could not tell me why. They looked at it and said yes for some reason your package is being sent out from Dayton on a truck every morning but then every night going back on another truck instead of being delivered to me. Finally after I did that in person I got my package 2 days later. Crazy but what are you going to do when it's already in motion.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Damnit! I am awaiting an item from Russia.

This doesnt give me hope

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Damnit! I am awaiting an item from Russia.

Was it a spy kit from the Kremlin? I kidd, I kidd

#28 3 years ago

In the past 20 years (or so) we have shipped over 100,000 packages between the several businesses I am involved with and I can count on one hand how many packages we have had lost of damaged any given year. Personally with the number of packages, USPS, FedEx, UPS and other shipping services handle I am totally amazed what a great job they do overall.

With that said it always sucks when you are the one waiting for something to be delivered and it doesn't get to you in a timely manner or arrives damaged. From my experiences a lot of the time issues occur because the person shipping the item has done something wrong. (Not verifying a questionable address, bad packing, bad label or label not being fully taped over that has gotten wet - etc.)

Regardless of how you look at things when you are the one waiting it always seems like the "shipping company" sucks.

#29 3 years ago

I’ve been doing ok. Probably had a dozen items shipped over the past month including a $3500 guitar the only thing that never showed up was a wok.

I really wanted that wok too. We ordered another one.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Was it a spy kit from the Kremlin? I kidd, I kidd

From Russia with Love, eh?

No, it is a Radical! plastic.
I am making a williams system 11 plastic collage using 1 plastic from each pin. It will be my 30th, and final, plastic to acquire. It was easily the hardest to get.

#31 3 years ago

This thread is a great example of the (non-)power of anecdotal evidence.

Let's have a thread with all the juicy details of every single package any of us ever had shipped without a hitch! That'll make for some compelling reading!

Delivery people are among the unsung heroes of this crisis, let's cut them some slack!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

From Russia with Love, eh?
No, it is a Radical! plastic.
I am making a williams system 11 plastic collage using 1 plastic from each pin. It will be my 30th, and final, plastic to acquire. It was easily the hardest to get.

Wow that sounds interesting please post photos when you are done. I made a shadow box pic for the entrance to my game room.

20180513_151951 (resized).jpg20180513_151951 (resized).jpg
#33 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve been doing ok. Probably had a dozen items shipped over the past month including a $3500 guitar the only thing that never showed up was a wok.
I really wanted that wok too. We ordered another one.

Levi, what kind of guitar did you get?

#34 3 years ago

Ok, funny delivery story sort of, involves luggage.

So I was on my way to Brazil for a work trip, the airline looses my luggage on my trip down.
Now it just so happens I know a guy in the conveyor maintenance department for the airport I took off from. I send him an email after being told by the airline they don't know where my bag is and I will have to file a claim to get money back to cover lost goods. My contact guy (after 11PM his time) sends me a note he found it in the system, it's in Atlanta. I did not even go through ATL, he says it is set to return back to IAH. Airline maintains, it's lost.
So my company buys me all new clothes, medicines, etc, still no original bag.
My 7 day trip is coming to and end, I'm at the airport about to head back and just for kicks I take a picture of my 'new' luggage, as I try to find humor in most of life's inconveniences.
I get back to IAH, as it's an international flight, I go to customer service about my original bag, pick it up and return to the conveyor for my arriving flight luggage.
It never shows up! They lost my luggage on the return trip too! How lucky am I. The customer service person says, 'weren't you here already', I laugh explain the situation and she asks me to describe my luggage. With another joke I show her a picture of the actual new bag. It was delivered 2 days later to my home by private courier.
Two morals to this story,
1) how is it a maintenance man can find my bag but the actual airline can't ? (rhetorical I know the answer, just sometimes find it hard to believe)
2) Shit happens! Have a laugh and try to keep a positive attitude, seems to get more positive results.

Seriously though, I do hope you get your package soon.

#35 3 years ago

Who cares about the guitar--tell me about the wok!

#36 3 years ago

USPS has been horrible lately as well. Waited 7 days for 2 packages that I usually get in 2 days.

#37 3 years ago

Good news, my package just arrived! I asked the UPS driver if it wasn't in pretty rough shape. He told me not to worry, he would take it back to the hub and put some more tape on the box. That should help.

Just kidding--still waiting...although now I've taken the advice that was offered and am patiently (and indifferently) waiting.

60200646_1fa0f5a28a_z (resized).jpg60200646_1fa0f5a28a_z (resized).jpg
#38 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

USPS has been horrible lately as well. Waited 7 days for 2 packages that I usually get in 2 days.

Mine is 8days and still counting, hopefully it doesn’t get lost in the whole process.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

He told me not to worry, he would take it back to the hub and put some more tape on the box. That should help.

Ah, very smart!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Good news, my package just arrived! I asked the UPS driver if it wasn't in pretty rough shape. He told me not to worry, he would take it back to the hub and put some more tape on the box. That should help.
Just kidding--still waiting...although now I've taken the advice that was offered and am patiently (and indifferently) waiting.[quoted image]

Hope she still holds air when you inflate her..........

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Hope she still holds air when you inflate her..........

Hahaha!

#42 3 years ago

Frank Zappa said it best; "Flakes".
It's another disease that just seems to be getting worse. Poor customer service, little recourse, but lots of smoke blown up your ass! Don't ask me about my recent dealings with DirecTV. Same BS.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Don't ask me about my recent dealings with DirecTV. Same BS.

OMG, yep there is another one. No customer retention goals what so ever!

#44 3 years ago

Speaking of Flakes, “ my toilet went crazy yesterday afternoon...”

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Speaking of Flakes, “ my toilet went crazy yesterday afternoon...

Too many bran flakes?

Colon-Blow-672x372 (resized).pngColon-Blow-672x372 (resized).png
#46 3 years ago

I have a Fed Ex package currently in limbo with thousands of dollars worth of art in it. Been trying for over a week to resolve it. Probably screwed. I've shipped hundreds of packages of art over the years and never lost one until now.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Levi, what kind of guitar did you get?

Well I hate showing it off but if you insist...

1970 SG. Plays great looks great sounds nasty!

4A0216EB-331B-4AD6-A17E-C3AD33B871CF (resized).jpeg4A0216EB-331B-4AD6-A17E-C3AD33B871CF (resized).jpeg5D52B74B-B649-4E02-9434-4BF8B6709FA2 (resized).jpeg5D52B74B-B649-4E02-9434-4BF8B6709FA2 (resized).jpeg
#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Who cares about the guitar--tell me about the wok!

It's too painful to speak about since it's been languishing in California for 2 weeks.

We got a refund and ordered a cheap one from Macy's.

#49 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Looks very nice!

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Thanks for sharing. Looks very nice!

Is it brown? Or is it "cherry?"

I'd say it's cherry that's faded a little over 50 years.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ups-has-outdone-themselves?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.