You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you have accepted this shipment?”

• Yes 74 votes
    79%
  • No 22 votes
    23%

(Multiple choice - 94 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shiptape_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
Unknown_(resized).jpeg
IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG
IMG_2492.JPG
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF!
I don't like either of those options. Send me another pin right away, send the other one back, let Stern repair it and sell it to somebody else when its ready.
F that.

Each to their own. There aren't stacks of unclaimed GoT LEs sitting around right now. I wanted to play the game and would rather spend an hour swapping out a cosmetically damaged part at some point than wait weeks for a replacement and take off work to accept another shipment.

#52 8 years ago

Definitely should have popped the top open inside the truck trailer and shined a flashlight in there. Stern's inner packing material is pretty darn good and gives a lot of space from the inside of the cardboard to the actual game.

Unknown_(resized).jpegUnknown_(resized).jpeg

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The funny thing is that I've been enjoying my GOT LE for almost a month now, and both of our machines are now probably worth about $1000 less than when we paid for them. (Good luck finding the next TRON LE, brother...it's a new world now.)

Haha.

Twdle my man. Pinball gold thanks to Lyman and Borgie.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Haha.
Twdle my man. Pinball gold thanks to Lyman and Borgie.

Nah. Doesn't have as broad appeal as tron le seems to.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

It depends on what they bought it for. Not sure what TFLE were NIB, maybe ~$4500, i assume they could sell for that today which wouldn't give them a loss besides the space the games took up.

These cost 7500 new at first lol not 4500

#56 8 years ago

Happiness is a nice box.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

If you can read and understand english I do say "I plan on keeping it NIB tell I open it."

I'm not one to play grammar police, but the fact that you keep writing "tell" instead of "until" is bordering on insufferable. The fact that you preface it by saying "If you can read and understand English" makes it even better.

As for the game, we have no idea of the condition because you didn't sack-up and open the box. You can't claim its broken when you didn't even see the thing.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

These cost 7500 new at first lol not 4500

He's talking about TFLE and they were never even close to that. I believe I paid 5400 for mine and that was about 6 months after they came out.

To OP - sure the game was fine. My only concern in this whole thread is the garage. Hope it is climate controlled. Location isn't shown and most garages arent. A lot of damage can happen in one that isn't depending on location.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

You can't claim its broken when you didn't even see the thing.

All it looks like is that something rubbed up against the cardboard and there is a 6-8" air gap around the entire machine when in the box. It is not like there are fork holes through it. He should have opened it and inspected.

#60 8 years ago

You want a box? I can get you a box.

#61 8 years ago

#62 8 years ago

I would have probably refused it. UPS crunched my AMH. I refused it at the dock.

I understand opening the box and looking etc. Every driver and situation is different. If it's awkward to get them to open it up etc, just refuse it. A new Stern game is probably your best case scenario for a refusal. They are high volume and best able to replace it for you.

When they damage a game you purchase from another owner, you are shipping it to yourself. Your only option is to accept it and file a claim.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

He's talking about TFLE and they were never even close to that. I believe I paid 5400 for mine and that was about 6 months after they came out.
To OP - sure the game was fine. My only concern in this whole thread is the garage. Hope it is climate controlled. Location isn't shown and most garages arent. A lot of damage can happen in one that isn't depending on location.

Yes they were I didn't say you couldn't find a deal but ipbd says 6,999.00 plus tax so bout 7,500 ish here's a pic

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#64 8 years ago

TFLE was NEVER 7500. It never will be. 5400 was not a "deal". It was the going rate for any average Joe that called any of the real distributors. If anyone paid 7k for their TFLE they were taken without being given the courtesy of lube.

You can't believe everything someone puts on a website on the internet. Believe the owners that bough new....

If anyone believes it was 7500 new I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell them.

#65 8 years ago

i'd have opened it. If I wanted a perfect box I'd drive and pick it up from a distributor

#66 8 years ago

I'll be damned - we found the ONE pinsider who pays full retail AND sales tax on his pin purchases.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Yes they were I didn't say you couldn't find a deal but ipbd says 6,999.00 plus tax so bout 7,500 ish here's a pic

its ok my friend..

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

image_(resized).png

I bought TFLE at launch for $5300 if i remember correctly. I think Automated was blowing them out for even less after a while of sitting on stock.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I bought TFLE at launch for $5300 if i remember correctly. I think Automated was blowing them out for even less after a while of sitting on stock.

He was talking about when it was released. (Which Rarehero is talking about as well.) I almost bought one right away as well, and the prices I was getting was $5300-5400 for the LE's. So that's what premium NIB was back then. Quite the difference from LE's now. It wasn't that long ago either when TF was released. Not long enough to justify 2k more in a short period of time.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nah. Doesn't have as broad appeal as TRON LE seems to.

I owned Tron LE. Fun as hell but eventually sold it. They almost all get stale after awhile.

But yeah, bought my Tron nib, was a good ride.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

They almost all get stale after awhile.

That's what my wife says about her husbands.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Hopefully Stern's "Cardboard box repair department" is staffed during the holiday break period.

Good news! - They're open & proved to be very helpful. They referred me to this guy:

shiptape_(resized).jpgshiptape_(resized).jpg

#73 8 years ago

Hey Op, "tell" and "till". Different words.

#74 8 years ago

Manufacturing defects including misaligned artwork, dangling solenoid apparatus, burned coils, scratched lockdown bar, armor, factory damaged cabinets, and a perfect box that was dropped in shipment driving the playfield into the cabinet back are reasons for opening the shipping box earlier rather than later.

There's a small risk in purchasing a NIB from anyone but the OEM or distributor as generally a private seller cannot warrant functionality or good cosmetics.

#75 8 years ago

My AMH box had a huge chunk out of it....driver had no problem letting me cut the box open to inspect. All was good.

In my opinion the chances that your game was damaged from those minimal scrapes is about equal that the game you'll have sitting unopened in a pristine box has defects from the factory.

And please don't insult us by saying your not concerned about losing money when your initial response was that you were concerned the game would lose value if you opened the box but wanted to sell it later as NIB. It's fine to protect your investment but stop with the silly word games.

#76 8 years ago

Based on what I've seen, I would say your box actually looked a bit above average. I've seen boxes look much worse than that with zero damage to the pin.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's some sexy dirty talk right there.

Tight leash man, that's my thing. And handcuffs. I...may have said too much.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Hey Op, "tell" and "till". Different words.

Til then I won't tell.

What is this, RGP again?

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

All it looks like is that something rubbed up against the cardboard and there is a 6-8" air gap around the entire machine when in the box. It is not like there are fork holes through it. He should have opened it and inspected.

While this is true, I know when my friend got his machine, Cointaker warned him, do not sign for a damaged box and do not open it.
Once its open, its yours.
On the off chance there was damaged, the OP would have been screwed.
I don't blame them for refusing delivery of it.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

How many husbands does your wife have?

#81 8 years ago

It seems to me that you were more interested in an undamaged box for resale purposes then a kick ass game to play. If you were after a kick ass game to play you would have opened it and played it like 99% of pinsiders would have. Its apparent you plan on cashing in on your NIB purchases which you've pretty much stated. It would have taken you all of 2 min to confirm if the damage was limited to the packaging or not. I guess I know who to go to for an overpriced NIB purchase down the road.

Seriously, who stock piles NIB pins for their own recreational use without opening them? Isn't the warranty running out as they sit in box?

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

How many husbands does your wife have?

Me and the other one whose douchebaggery earned him an early exit.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Me and the other one whose douchebaggery earned him an early exit.

Egads, I hope you didn't think I was seriously asking. I was just joking about your not using an apostrophe!

But nice that you know how much is too much now, though!

#84 8 years ago

dad is that you?

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Egads, I hope you didn't think I was seriously asking. I was just joking about your not using an apostrophe!
But nice that you know how much is too much now, though!

How do you think I ever got a woman to marry me? I had to follow an act that was SO bad that, by comparison, I'd look like a god among men.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Pins4me:

While this is true, I know when my friend got his machine, Cointaker warned him, do not sign for a damaged box and do not open it.
Once its open, its yours.
On the off chance there was damaged, the OP would have been screwed.
I don't blame them for refusing delivery of it.

10 times out of 10 I would open the box and see if there is any damage.

All you are doing by sending the machine back to stern is to have them unbox it, look at the cabinet exterior and simply box it up again. They won't even turn on your machine.

So now you have a machine that has 3x the shipping wear and tear on it, bouncing up and down, on multiple trucks, with all that vibration, with multiple fork lifts dropping it down and moving around and it all could have been simply avoided.

I get my new sterns directly shipped from stern to my house specifically for this reason. I don't even want it to be shipped to a distributor just to be reshipped to me. To me, shipping causes more damage than playing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ups-freight-damaged-my-got-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.