You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you have accepted this shipment?”

• Yes 74 votes
    79%
  • No 22 votes
    23%

(Multiple choice - 94 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shiptape_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
Unknown_(resized).jpeg
IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG
IMG_2492.JPG

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I told the driver don't even bother moving that off the truck its damaged and I refuse the shipment! It was originally supposed to be delivered yesterday yet they informed me it was lost. Then they find it and deliv. today it in this condition! 1st and last time I will be using UPS freight.

IMG_2492.JPGIMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2495.JPGIMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2497.JPGIMG_2497.JPG

#2 8 years ago

I would have cut the box open and took a look...my imve box was damaged like yours but pin was fine...

#3 8 years ago

Smart to refuse the delivery. Now the issue is on the shipper to have UPS fix it and they can send you out another. Once you claim it odds are you would be stuck with any damages.

#4 8 years ago

...I might have.
I would have told him that he was to stay there and note damage while we unboxed it.

The box is NOWHERE near what my STLE saw... and it was fine.
So I think you rejected a machine that was likely ok.

#5 8 years ago

I had a box delivered like that and inside it was fine.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I would have cut the box open and took a look...my imve box was damaged like yours but pin was fine...

+1 my GOTLE also had similar damage, but the pin was fine. I noted the damage on the accepted receipt, cut the box open (with the delivery guy present) and discovered that the pin was fine...completely untouched in fact.

#7 8 years ago

I've seen worse.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I plan on keeping it NIB tell I open it as who knows I might never open it and want to resell it. A damaged opened box is going to affect the resell value even if the game was undamaged. I have a kiss LE NIB, Mustang LE NIB still sitting in my garage I don't know if I am going to open or sell lol

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

I plan on keeping it NIB tell I open it as who knows I might never open it and want to resell it. A damaged opened box is going to affect the resell value even if the game was undamaged. I have a kiss LE NIB, Mustang LE NIB still sitting in my garage I don't know if I am going to open or sell lol

I would have kept that to myself if I were you.

#10 8 years ago

99% chance that the game was OK within that box.

In a few weeks you can roll the dice again (don't be surprised to see the same condition on the next box).

#11 8 years ago

If you're trying to make money in this hobby you're doing it wrong

#12 8 years ago

Easy for me to armchair quarterback this, but I probably would have accepted the game, or at least opened it with the driver present. Doesn't look too bad. I'm much more worried if there's a hole torn or punched completely through the cardboard.

Pays to be cautious, though. I don't blame you.

#13 8 years ago

Good luck with that. Should've got in on AMH and RZ instead of three of the least exciting LEs Stern has made in the last few years.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you're trying to make money in this hobby you're doing it wrong

No I am not trying to make money lol I am a collector and love pinball and have over 20 games! I am just tight on space and shuffle games from storing in garage to my game room tell I build a bigger game room. No wonder I never post here anymore you guys are a tough crowd lol

#15 8 years ago

No I am not trying to make money lol I am a collector and love pinball and have over 20 games! I am just tight on space and shuffle games from storing in garage to my game room tell I build a bigger game room. No wonder I never post here anymore you guys are a tough crowd lol

You have a couple year old NIB LEs in your garage and are worried about resale value. You can't complain that people think you're just buying to resell.

#16 8 years ago

Sorry to misinterupt your post; you made it sound like you were buying nibs to hopefully resale at a profit down the road.

As for your GOTLE; ive seen worse damage to a pin nib box and the pin be perfectly fine. I would accept that but I've also never been in your shoes, I always make the delivery driver wait (after tipping of course) while I open the box and inspect.

#17 8 years ago

I would have refused it too. Kid's like an undamaged box to play in.

#18 8 years ago

then you bought it for the wrong reasons. If you are buying hoping to cash in, the 2% chance you do, isn't worth the 7.5K investment to sit on it. If you didn't have room, you probably should have sold something first, knowing it's coming.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

then you bought it for the wrong reasons. If you are buying hoping to cash in, the 2% chance you do, isn't worth the 7.5K investment to sit on it. If you didn't have room, you probably should have sold something first, knowing it's coming.

I love Game of thrones I love pinball all the right reasons I don't care if I lose money or make money I just want to play pinball. I have plans for a building addition so I will have the room soon. My wife and I just had our 1st kid in the last 2 years and its been crazy so I haven't gotten to opening all my new pins yet can't wait to do so.

#20 8 years ago

Now when you get an actual hole in the box, like i did, that's when you better start worrying!

Pallet jack went right through the bottom of my first pin. A Lotr LE.

Being a noob/idiot, I accepted the box and noted the damage on it with shipper.

Thankfully, Automated took it right back and sent me another one and they dealt with shipper, RL.

#21 8 years ago

My GoT LE arrived in a box damaged worse than this when it arrived 2 weeks ago via FedEx freight. The pin also had damage to the back box as it had been skewered by something that when right into the side of the back box. I opened the box and took pictures with the driver still present before I signed for anything. After talking to my distributor I was told my options were to 1) refuse shipment, in which case it would be shipped back to Stern and I would get it back after they repaired it. 2) note the damage on the bill of lading and my distributor would file a claim with the shipper and have a new back box shipped out for me to install. I chose 2 and am glad I did, as the game is a blast to play and who knows how long option #1 would take.

#22 8 years ago

I don't use UPS anymore. Fedex costs slightly less and seems to be a bit more gentle on packages.

I've gotten plenty of mangled boxes from UPS, but none from Fedex.

#23 8 years ago

The funny thing is that I've been enjoying my GOT LE for almost a month now, and both of our machines are now probably worth about $1000 less than when we paid for them. (Good luck finding the next Tron LE, brother...it's a new world now.)

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't use UPS anymore. Fedex costs slightly less and seems to be a bit more gentle on packages.
I've gotten plenty of mangled boxes from UPS, but none from Fedex.

I love FedEx, but they delivered stainless armor for my Funhouse that was in a tube that looked like a hockey stick. Pinball Life had to send out another one.

#24 8 years ago

As the proud owner of a HULK LE, I can't tell you how many people I was told when I bought it were hoarding NIB because OMG it's Avenger's it is going to go crazy in value! LMFAO

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

After talking to my distributor I was told my options were to 1) refuse shipment, in which case it would be shipped back to Stern and I would get it back after they repaired it. 2) note the damage on the bill of lading and my distributor would file a claim with the shipper and have a new back box shipped out for me to install.

WTF!

I don't like either of those options. Send me another pin right away, send the other one back, let Stern repair it and sell it to somebody else when its ready.

F that.

#26 8 years ago

You guys are crazy! What part of I am not trying to make money do you not understand? I just want to play the games and have fun with my family and friends. If I lose all my money on a game I don't care as long as it brought enjoyment to my friends and family now thats what pinball to me is all about.

#27 8 years ago

My SM box had a forklift hole in it. Luckily it didn't hit the game.
So, to answer your question, yes but I would have checked the game condition first. But then again, I don't have the money to sit on an unopened pin.

#28 8 years ago

You guys are crazy! What part of I am not trying to make money do you not understand? I just want to play the games and have fun with my family and friends. If I lose all my money on a game I don't care as long as it brought enjoyment to my friends and family now thats what pinball to me is all about.

Tough to reach the flipper buttons when they're sitting in a box.

#29 8 years ago

Seeing it in person and getting onto the truck and feeling the indent into the cabinet was enough for me. I have received over 20 shipments of pins and never had damaged like this. I have had plenty of pins come with box damage I opened before signing on this is not my 1st rodeo.

#30 8 years ago

I plan on keeping it NIB tell I open it as who knows I might never open it and want to resell it. A damaged opened box is going to affect the resell value even if the game was undamaged.

which is it?

#31 8 years ago

Talk about damage control...

#32 8 years ago

This is wrong. If the game is completely undamaged, then the slight denting/torn cardboard on the box will NOT affect the value.

IMO you should have opened the box and possibly/likely determined that nothing was wrong with the game.

Refusing this for the slight denting on the box without even checking if the game is fine is just wasteful. Somebody will have to eat the cost/effort of the refused shipment (probably the shipping company), which just adds to price increases for everyone down the road. You could easily look in the box, and still refuse shipment if anything looked wrong. Seems like common sense to at least look if any damage was done.

Of course there are some people that feel you can resell the empty box for $300

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

After talking to my distributor I was told my options were to 1) refuse shipment, in which case it would be shipped back to Stern and I would get it back after they repaired it. 2) note the damage on the bill of lading and my distributor would file a claim with the shipper and have a new back box shipped out for me to install.

Quoted from iceman44:

WTF!
I don't like either of those options. Send me another pin right away, send the other one back, let Stern repair it and sell it to somebody else when its ready.
F that.

^^^^This is the correct response - F Them man... that's a lot of damn money to go through that bullshit. Send me a new one and they can deal with the shipping claim.

#34 8 years ago

You have a legit reason to deny claim. I would have too. That's not chump change and I completely understand wanting to have nib's for let's say whatever reason! (Mine would be to give to my children when they buy their first home) So each of their own I say. The real question is if that distributor stated that those are your options then well maybe it's time to look for another distributor? Because that is BS.

#35 8 years ago

If you can read and understand english I do say "I plan on keeping it NIB tell I open it." That means I am going to open the pin 8-) Saying "who knows I might never open it and want to resell it" Means I live in the real world and know sometimes you can't plan for the future and things don't always work out. Class dismissed for today

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Naf:

You have a legit reason to deny claim. I would have too. That's not chump change and I completely understand wanting to have nib's for let's say whatever reason! (Mine would be to give to my children when they buy their first home) So each of their own I say. The real question is if that distributor stated that those are your options then well maybe it's time to look for another distributor? Because that is BS.

I have not gotten word back of a course of action yet I agree with you 100%

#37 8 years ago
#38 8 years ago

Tough call, nothing worse than the built up anticipation on the arrival of the game and it comes and something doesn't seem right. I have to agree though based on packaging the game was probably okey-dokey but that's a call each of us have to make when this happens to us.

#39 8 years ago

Hopefully Stern's "Cardboard box repair department" is staffed during the holiday break period.

#40 8 years ago

I plan on keeping it NIB tell I open it as who knows I might never open it and want to resell it.

I'm thinking a bit differently about your statement. My thought is - whether you may keep it for yourself or sell it as brand new, even if the box looked unharmed shouldn't you open the box to check for hidden damage anyway before signing off? Perhaps the box was tipped over and slammed down on its side or something else that would damage the pin without damaging the box?

Maybe it isn't possible to damage the pin in transport without also damaging the box. Has anyone opened a NIB with significant damage where the box looked undamaged?

#41 8 years ago

I would have to look in the box at least, hell someone may have swapped it out for a Raven.

#42 8 years ago

I know a couple of guys that still have 4 Transfomers LE still in the box.

They were hoping for another Tron LE.

They are both going to loose big time when they finally cut bait and sell those mothers.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They were hoping for another TRON LE.
They are both going to loose big time when they finally cut bait and sell those mothers.

It depends on what they bought it for. Not sure what TFLE were NIB, maybe ~$4500, i assume they could sell for that today which wouldn't give them a loss besides the space the games took up.

#44 8 years ago

Wouldn't it be ironic if the machine was damaged and they re-boxed it and shipped it back.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wouldn't it be ironic if the machine was damaged and they re-boxed it and shipped it back.

Even better if the next box was perfect and the machine was dicked up inside.

#46 8 years ago

That's kinda what I meant.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's kinda what I meant.

Well, the way you said it sucked.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They were hoping for another TRON LE.

Guess they never heard the phrase "cut your losses quickly, and let your winners run"

#49 8 years ago

Yea my walking dead premium box was in similar condition and it was just fine . I guess you never know tho

#50 8 years ago

I love Game of thrones I love pinball all the right reasons I don't care if I lose money or make money I just want to play pinball. I have plans for a building addition so I will have the room soon. My wife and I just had our 1st kid in the last 2 years and its been crazy so I haven't gotten to opening all my new pins yet can't wait to do so.

I hear you. I'm planning on a big house upgrade and a massive gameroom upgrade. So my pin overflow goes to a friends house. Now I filled his room up as well. So my buying has to slow down. But when I get my new gameroom. All my pins will be together at last.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ups-freight-damaged-my-got-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.