(Topic ID: 332778)

Upper Playfield vs Digital Upper Playfield

By Gopher4653

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Are there any games that utilize the LCD as a video-game type upper playfield with virtual pinball controlled by the flippers? I don’t know much about coding, wondering if this is doable. May be interesting to lock the ball and advance to a digital table from the main game. Or could even add a mini game that wasn’t pinball, limited a bit with two buttons and no directional controller. Maybe its out there and I haven’t seen it…

#2 1 year ago

Theatre of Magic uses the DMD.

#3 1 year ago

Toy Story does exactly what you suggest (virtual pinball), Safe Cracker has a boardgame on the backglass and lots of machines have video modes on the DMD (which is essentially a screen)

#4 1 year ago

Thank you, I’ve haven’t come across a Toy Story yet, will check it out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-playfield-vs-digital-upper-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.