(Topic ID: 225546)

Upper Michigan Club: You, me, and all these crickets

By Gornkleschnitzer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00205.jpg
    IMG_20190607_190507909 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190207_130912640 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181209_175438080 (resized).jpg
    DEBF9A38-A23D-44BB-A67A-E8A6B5D084E6 (resized).png
    IMG_20181019_080424218 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181024_081354063 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180915_082539739 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Location update! Wasn't keeping up on this thread since it had no activity, but hey - here's some activity!
    I had to pull RG due to a connected chain of problems stemming from a locked-on magnet driver. This problem is half fixed now - I believe there's a primary driver transistor that still needs replacing - but I decided it would be best to put a known reliable game from the collection at the store. And what better game to bring in for the Halloween season than Addams Family?
    [quoted image]
    It's had a couple of very minor issues, but nothing game breaking. The weekend before loading up the game, I did a quick teardown in which I replaced all the rubber with Titan Pinball's offerings, gave the playfield surface a once-over with Novus 2, and converted it to LEDs.
    Yeah, so about that LED conversion. I picked up "complete" LED kit for TAF at a show earlier this year, and finally got around to tearing open the bag for this job.
    All the GI bulbs were purple, and the bulbs designated for Cousin It's light were green.
    I am NOT letting my games get featured in the No Rainbow Puke Club thread.
    There was at least a handful of cool whites in the bag, so I installed them into a few GI sockets to see how it looked. Normally I'm into warm white, but I didn't really mind the cool tone on this particular game, so I put in an order for more cool whites to cover the rest of the GI.
    The day after I finished the job, I brought the game in. There wasn't a lot of time for testing, so the old worn-out lamp sockets made the slingshots and inlanes flickery and/or dark. Fortunately, fixing that issue was just a matter of constructing a new set of GI mini-harnesses and bringing them into work the next day.
    Old vs new shown. I think the new sockets will be a tad bit more reliable.
    [quoted image]

So when you play, is that the heater above your head and does it blow directly on you?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-michigan-club-you-me-and-all-these-crickets?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.