(Topic ID: 225546)

Upper Michigan Club: You, me, and all these crickets

By Gornkleschnitzer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00205.jpg
    IMG_20190607_190507909 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190207_130912640 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181209_175438080 (resized).jpg
    DEBF9A38-A23D-44BB-A67A-E8A6B5D084E6 (resized).png
    IMG_20181019_080424218 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181024_081354063 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180915_082539739 (resized).jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Looking for a tech to service a Williams High Speed in Florence WI

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

1 week later
    #52 4 years ago

Very nice looking Police Force for sale courtesy of Enterprise!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/85741

#53 4 years ago

Congrats, Gornkleschnitzer , it took a year, but this thread made it to page 2!

#54 4 years ago

Heck yeah!

(I wonder how many years until page 3?)

#55 4 years ago

My grandparents lived in Laurium (Calumet) and they also had a farm in Jacobsville.
    My Brother inherited the farm and my sister the house in town.
    I go up every year for a month in August to escape the Texas heat.

"The plan" is to buy a medium size retirement place on Lake Superior and if that goes through I'll bring up a bunch of games.

The nice thing about Texas is the rather huge pinball community including the DFW Texas Pinball festival and league play.

It would be neat to do a small UP league a couple times a year.

I noticed one mention from Rhinelander where my folks lived. Nice town.

1 week later
    #56 4 years ago

Sure you want to deal with Superior lake effect winters? I used to live in Iron Mountain. It's considered the "banana belt" of the U.P. LOL! No lake effect. Less snow than we get in Traverse City! I would hate to leave behind a great pinball community. I'm lucky that a coin op opened up in Traverse City a few years ago and is growing to include a nice selection of modern pins and a league.

2 months later
    #57 4 years ago

Just found this club. I'm not really a member but my dad is from SSM and I've made lots of trips there and back over the years and even got a speeding ticket somewhere around Newberry in the late 90s. Middle of nowhere following along with traffic of course I get stopped with out of state plates but I've moved on and gotten over it obviously. I picked up a populated Mars God Of War playfield a few years ago and posted this in the operator decals thread. Anyone remember UP Games And Music?

CAM00205.jpgCAM00205.jpg
    #58 4 years ago

Oh wow, nice find - I didn't even know they had that game. UP Games and Music was basically the vending division of UP Sport and Award, and routed poorly-maintained pins and other arcade games in the 00's. I personally knew the owner, Eric "Swampy" Marsh, and was actually the reason some of his machines even ran at all.

When he passed away, his Shady Business Partner took over. Despite an established connection with me, SBP brought many of the machines to Wisconsin to be "repaired," then returned with only wads of cash. Had I expected this ahead of time, I would have contacted the local family operation that technically owned the games via loan collateral, and bought them all when UP Sport and Award folded.

For what it's worth, ekthoren of Titletown Pinball bought some of the clearance machines, and seeing my contact info on a Haunted House, called me up to say I'd done a great job cleaning up battery damage.

#59 4 years ago

Wow I didn't expect such a thorough reply. I originally bought the playfield just to get the nice unbroken plastics set. Now the playfield is hanging on Eriks wall at Titletown.

1 week later
    #60 4 years ago

The Pinside Map has been updated with a bunch of yooper locations where pinball can be played. Should be pretty much up to date as I just went through and added them, after the Yooper Collective spent the entirety of today on a central UP pinball sightseeing road trip!

The Getaway at River Rock Lanes has apparently been broken for weeks. Outgassing DMD and rejecting coin slots. That will change if the Collective has anything to say about it!

8 months later
    #61 3 years ago

Beautiful country up there by the big lake. Was swimming and rock hounding just this past weekend
    I have some nice EMs listed that can be brought up that way...
    Dave

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-michigan-club-you-me-and-all-these-crickets/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.