Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1249 (resized).JPG
IMG_1248 (resized).JPG
IMG_1247 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

There is voltage present and if I run a lamp lead to both wires on each socket I get it to light up. I've checked wires back to the board and they seem fine

#2 6 years ago

Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by upper half of inserts? Is it the top rows on the lamp matrix or the top half of the playfield? To at least narrow down if the problem is on the boards or wiring, you may want to pick up this: http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=1

#3 6 years ago

Upper half of the playfield.

#4 6 years ago

I suspect one of the small green relay boards under the playfield.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5 6 years ago

Ok. I thought those were there to turn on and off GI. I will swap one out. I know one is working, but the one next to it I can't recall. I have voltage at the sockets like they are supposed to work but they won't light. I will check tonight. BTW EEE the decals turned out great

#6 6 years ago

Those relays are only for GI.

Can you list out exactly which insert lights aren't working? We can then see if they're on a common row or column and be able to zero in on what may be causing them not to illuminate.

#7 6 years ago

Jackpot lights. Lock lights. Pop bumpers. Extra ball at the top. 5000 w lit. The zones on the left by the saucer. The ones at the top. Million light. I think it narrows down to the last two columns. Where I'm getting confused is I can light a test lamp at each one but not the lamp itself, but I did notice I lit the lamp by touching the tab to the body of the socket. If I remember right. It was a long night

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

BTW EEE the decals turned out great

Pics or it didnt happen....

#9 6 years ago

IMG_1247 (resized).JPGIMG_1247 (resized).JPG

IMG_1248 (resized).JPGIMG_1248 (resized).JPG

IMG_1249 (resized).JPGIMG_1249 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

Pull the driver board and run diode tests on the transistors that drive the columns. It looks like Q54 and Q56 so far in your case...maybe others. If any fail, then replace.

I assume none of the lamps light in all lamp test?

#11 6 years ago

I'll check when I get home

#12 6 years ago

Found the problem. The sand resistors were bad. Still have no pop bumper lights and windows 7 and 8 don't work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-half-of-earthshaker-insert-lamps-dont-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.