You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7594 (resized).JPG
E4E64218-ACCB-4BEC-827D-9324345F162B (resized).jpeg
IMG_7590 (resized).JPG
IMG_7593 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EEE.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

The (supposed to be opaque) white, round plastic part of the swiveling link arm should be inside the groove of the straight metal plunger.

Correct the alignment issue which will also correct the end of stroke switch and report back. Use the lower flippers as a guide. Hopefully they too are the original style.

#4 2 years ago

Let’s see a picture of the pawl and other hardware corrected.

It’ll also enable me to see if the end of stroke switch is close to properly adjusted. At this point it looks like the outermost leaf is bent too far inwards. Ideally it is straight.

It also looks like the outer leaf is missing a plastic stand off as seen in this picture.

E4E64218-ACCB-4BEC-827D-9324345F162B (resized).jpegE4E64218-ACCB-4BEC-827D-9324345F162B (resized).jpeg
#6 2 years ago

Got it.

I’m assuming that the flipper travel is totally smooth when operated by hand. No restriction on movement.

I am also assuming that the lower right flipper EOS is properly adjusted.

Typically a coil doesn’t go bad. I would go with stripping (or replacing) a small amount of wire and redoing the solder at the coil lugs and on the EOS switch.

Either way get a new EOS switch. A bad EOS switch could show a decrease in flipper power as it will quickly heat up the coil.

Also replace the coil sleeve.

Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EEE.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-flipper-weak-on-dampd-pin?tu=EEE and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.