• Latest reply 5 years ago by tait316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0429181500 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Ok this Party Animal of mine has been a chore since I picked it up. When I got it the upper left flipper was machine gunning and the right one didn't work at all. I put new coils and eos switches in but the upper flipper can't seem to make the ramp shots reguardless of how I have the machine tilted. There is some wear in that area but I hope I'm not wrong in thinking that these shots should still be doable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from tait316:

There is some wear in that area

is the flipper dragging on the playfield?it might be missing the bushing

#3 5 years ago

Also along wit the EOS switch, swap out the bushing, linkages and coil sleeve. Be sure the flipper shaft is set at the right depth as not to drag or bind up.

#4 5 years ago

Cycloneman I'll check the bushing once I take it apart. I wonder if the sleeve got worn.

GLSP3022 I made sure that the flipper was at the right height. I just changed the EOS. Does this wiring look right? I thought I had heard someone before say that if you hook the wires up wrong it uses the lower power before it hits the EOS....still new to all this.

0429181500 (resized).jpg0429181500 (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago

Hey look at that...the bushing was broke. Ok...I'll get some new ones. I bet that was the issue. Thanks again guys for your help. I appreciate it. ^_^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-flipper-cant-make-ramp-shots?hl=tait316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.