• Latest reply 2 years ago by jdzwir123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210506_211918 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I have a stuck solenoid on the mixer and strike stepper on start up. Anyone have any advice as where I should start?
Thank you in advance,
Justin

#2 3 years ago

Assuming you mean it’s stuck on. Could be one of two things
#1) the switch the triggers it, may be stuck. Would get the schematics out and trace it to see what cam triggers it.
#2) The coil itself is damaged. This can be checked by taking it out and inspecting the coil sleeve and see if it’s fried.

EM’s are pretty straight forward, so it’s usually something straight forward.

#3 3 years ago

Thank you for your advice. After 3 hours of looking and learning to read the schematics I was able to trace the problem back to a bent switch that was on the runners. I actually really enjoyed the process and can't wait to troubleshoot the next one!

1 month later
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Thank you for your advice. After 3 hours of looking and learning to read the schematics I was able to trace the problem back to a bent switch that was on the runners. I actually really enjoyed the process and can't wait to troubleshoot the next one!

When you say the "runners" do you mean the runners that run the basses? I have the same problem but I don't have the benefit of the schematic. - Tom

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

but I don't have the benefit of the schematic. -

Try Mike - http://pinballmike.com/ email him if not on the site.

LTG : )

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

When you say the "runners" do you mean the runners that run the basses? I have the same problem but I don't have the benefit of the schematic. - Tom

Well he meant the runners that run the basses. I had the exact same scenario of a stuck solenoid on the mixer (it changes the pitches) and strike stepper on start up. I found the contacts in the picture folded over. I couldn't see it until I removed the base runner assembly from the machine. This may look like a score motor assembly in the picture but this is what is used in this application under the runners field. I was pleased that I was able to get the contacts flattened out.

Thank you jdzwir123 for posting this.

20210506_211918 (resized).jpg20210506_211918 (resized).jpg
#7 2 years ago

I'm sorry that I didn't respond back on this chat. I found out that I bent one the the switches on the runners when I tried to get the ball out of the bottom of the cabinet. I got my arm stuck Lol and had to pull my arm out and damaged the switch

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-deck-solenoid-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.