Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0337 (resized).PNG
IMG_0325 (resized).JPG
IMG_0324 (resized).JPG
IMG_0323 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I have a Williams Upper Deck Pitch and Bat unit and I am having trouble with the ball getting stuck at times on the (Out,Double, Homerun) markers. See pic. Any ideas on what can help make this problem go away? I am waiting on new glass so the top is off and I can just "help" the ones that get stuck now but once the glass is back on I'll have a problem. Any ideas?

IMG_0323 (resized).JPGIMG_0323 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Targets need to be less sensitive. Clean everything up back there. Might need to raise the front a little so it rolls back better.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Thanks for the response. What do you mean the targets need to be less sensitive? Also, I don't know much higher I can make the front end. I noticed that on bad hits the angle isn't very severe right now and the ball isnt real speedy when it has to return down the playield and past the bat. Someone told me to lower the front end but I don't see how that would help me. These are the heights now.

IMG_0324 (resized).JPGIMG_0324 (resized).JPG

IMG_0325 (resized).JPGIMG_0325 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Aidon_Ross:

What do you mean the targets need to be less sensitive?

Ball should be able to move them. Not the targets trapping the ball.

#5 6 years ago

So do you recommend taking the target unit out and cleaning it. If so with what? Also, I noticed the distance between the flap of the target and the ramp is closer on the top targets. What I mean is there is a wider space on the lower ones and skinnier on the top ones. my bottom targets aren't having balls stick. Is this adjustable perhaps?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Aidon_Ross:

So do you recommend taking the target unit out and cleaning it.

I don't recall working on one. Yes I'd go over it. Seee what needs cleaning. Fresh oil or grease if needed.

Quoted from Aidon_Ross:

Is this adjustable perhaps?

You'll know once you get in there.

#7 6 years ago

Aidon,
Here is a link to a Williams target bank refurbishment. Start at thread #18. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-1963-major-league-restoration

There was a spring on the back of the target in the early games. The bank will remove quite easily to work on at your bench. A good cleaning will help usually. The screw heads in your picture appear to be trapping the ball also. The seem to be an obstacle in them selves.

#8 6 years ago

SteveinTexas, the targets are made a little different from the ones your link shows but good find. I am wondering about those screw heads. Can anyone confirm those are OEM? I looked at a few other pictures and on some I see a much flatter head than on mine. However, I do see ones like mine as well. Wondering what they attach to as they move pretty freely and don't seem to tighten.

#9 6 years ago

These seem a lot flatter.

IMG_0337 (resized).PNGIMG_0337 (resized).PNG

#10 6 years ago

LOL, those are rivets not screws. My bad. I did manage to fix the problem though. It appears that over time the slot that holds the unit in place wore a deeper groove into the wood. That made the top targets position move closer to the ramp. To fix I just removed the lower unit by taking out the two side plates with screws in them and sliding it out. I then put in a very small spacer in the area that was worn and "Presto" reassembled and no more sticking. Thanks for the help everyone.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-deck-ball-getting-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.