Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

015.JPG
013.JPG
image-166.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aladdin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

so the upper left flipper on my 6803 Party Animal is weak at first, but holds strong. When I put my finger in front of the flipper bat, I can hold it down. When the bat is allowed to hold, it's strong and I can't force it down. So something is causing low power in the beginning of the flip.

The lower left flipper is strong. The coil switches on the lower left control the upper left flipper.

I'm going to replace the all of coil switches on both the lower left and upper left flippers.
The switch on the lower left coil is corroded.
I believe the corrosion to be the issue.

Anything else I should look for that would cause the low power on the initial flip on the upper flipper?

#2 8 years ago

Here's a pic of the lower left coil switchimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#3 8 years ago

I replaced the EOS Switches on both the lower and upper flippers. I also replace the upper coil and sleeve.

Does anyone know if there is a capacitor on the boards that supplies the initial power to the flippers? I think that's what's causing the lack of power on the beginning cycle of the flip.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks, if you have time to take a shot or two of the wiring on your Party Animal Flippers, I'd appreciate it!

#6 8 years ago

I think I've got the upper flipper wired wrong.

The orange wires are backwards I believe

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Thanks! I've either got this wired wrong or the EOS switch on the lower flipper isn't set correctly.

I can't find any instruction on how to set the lower left flipper switches. My guess is that everything should open/close at the very last possible moment on the lower flipper.

#11 8 years ago

Thanks for the pics!
It appears that my orange wires are backwards on the upper flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aladdin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upper-3rd-flipper-weak-during-first-half-of-movement?tu=Aladdin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.