(Topic ID: 299163)

Upgrading Stern Speakers

By merkdds

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210319-133140_Facebook (resized).jpg
    9BF38DDD-9C14-4339-BAFF-95A3C79FDE9B (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I would like to upgrade to 5.25 inch speakers for my TMNT Pro like I have on Mando LE. I have the speaker mount kit and speaker lights but can anyone please share where to buy speakers for a plug and play option for Stern's? I like the Kenwood look with the white surround. I'm new to the pinball game so I'm looking for an easy option.

9BF38DDD-9C14-4339-BAFF-95A3C79FDE9B (resized).jpeg9BF38DDD-9C14-4339-BAFF-95A3C79FDE9B (resized).jpeg
    #2 2 years ago

Stern uses Kenwood KFC-1366s speakers. Can find them on eBay, Amazon, etc. You will need to de-solder the wiring harness off the old speakers and solder to the leads on the new speakers, but that's pretty easy.

Sounds like you have the kit from Speaker Light Kit (or equivalent) with the 5.25" speaker plates?

#3 2 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SFC3P9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_RAY8GK9D7N862WBRP2EC

I upgraded mine on my tmnt pro with the lights too. Sounds and looks great!

Also upgraded the sub for a little more rumble.

Screenshot_20210319-133140_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210319-133140_Facebook (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upgrading-stern-speakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.