Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Markharris2000
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 4 months ago

I've seen posts about installing spinners in the pro model of Guardians of the galaxy to make it more like the pro model. Is it possible to upgrade the orb by installing the orb motor? Marco sells the orb motor, so no problem getting it, but are there other issues that would make it difficult or impossible to upgrade it?

#2 4 months ago

The spinner is cheep and easy and fun,but the orb sounds like it would not really be worth the effort and I don’t believe the pro code would support it anyway.

#3 4 months ago

Odd question, what if you downloaded the premium code on a pro then installed the Orb motor, would it work ?

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from modfather:

Odd question, what if you downloaded the premium code on a pro then installed the Orb motor, would it work ?

Just a guess...but the lighting might freak out. Not much else different though. It would try to fire magnets that aren't there and might report a spinner error eventually since that's not there. I guess a lot would depend on if the switches and coils are numbered differently because of the extra ones.

3 months later
#5 9 days ago

I read on here somebody did put the spinner on the pro n it works I want to do this to mine I’m trying to go back through n read on the post to see who it was and we’re they got the parts to do it

#6 8 days ago

I did a spinner on my Pro. I bought the spinner from Marco. Tied it into the standup target next to it. There is a forum here with details. Sorry I don’t have the link. If I find it all send it along.

#8 8 days ago

Hey thanks now is it a spinner that comes in like a kit with everything u need or do I buy different parts to go with spinner

#9 8 days ago

I bought them separate. Stern spinner and GOTG Premium spinner stickers

#10 6 days ago

Ok so the spinner n stickers is there a certain bracket I need n wires to hook it up I’ve been looking at spinner s on Marcos there’s different ones it looks like thanks oh hey do you have the parts number on what u got that would be great

#11 6 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok so the spinner n stickers is there a certain bracket I need n wires to hook it up I’ve been looking at spinner s on Marcos there’s different ones it looks like thanks oh hey do you have the parts number on what u got that would be great

I don't know what happens on a PRO machine if all of a sudden switch closures start appearing in the switch matrix which are not defined on a PRO machine ( not supposed to be there). Not sure how the software handles that, or if the closures are simply ignored ???

#12 6 days ago

Out of stock 511-5113-00. These SHOULD work 515-7088-00 & 535-0179-00. Don't recall where I got the decals. Try the other vendors.

#13 19 hours ago
Quoted from izzy:

Out of stock 511-5113-00. These SHOULD work 515-7088-00 & 535-0179-00. Don't recall where I got the decals. Try the other vendors.

Margaret at Pinball Life has them in stock, including the microswitch. $25
https://www.pinballlife.com/complete-spinner-assembly-with-switch.html

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside