(Topic ID: 156147)

upgrading flipper coils on 1984 gottlieb city of gold

By rcbrown316

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

rebuilt the flipper mechs but the coils that are in there seem really small and I want the game even faster. Can I put more powerful coil in and does anyone know which ones i should move to? I dont have the part number of whats in there now so I am reluctant to call steve young for advice

#2 8 years ago

I would be very hesitant to put anything more powerful than what is supposed to be stock since you would risk breaking drop targets and plastics.

The manual should list what coils are supposed to be in the game. If you don't have the manual, you can email/call PBR.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would be very hesitant to put anything more powerful than what is supposed to be stock since you would risk breaking drop targets and plastics.
The manual should list what coils are supposed to be in the game. If you don't have the manual, you can email/call PBR.

i hear you but I dont think there's too much risk as I will be jacking that baby up nice and steep. on the genesis there's a bank of three drops right in front of the very powerful flippers that took a pounding. the force the back wall of targets on city of gold is taking is less than half

#4 8 years ago

stock is a-17875. A stronger coil is 24161. ordered them and replaced them in city of gold and volcano. they work great. thanks to jimmy at pbr.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upgrading-flipper-coils-on-1984-gottlieb-city-of-gold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.