Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0144 (resized).JPG
    100_0142 (resized).JPG
    100_0141 (resized).JPG
    100_0140 (resized).JPG
    100_0139 (resized).JPG
    int-shoot_a_line-back_door (resized).jpg
    100_0136 (resized).JPG
    100_0135 (resized).JPG
    20200101_144024 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hi Guys please don't flame me on this one but!! has anyone ever restored this kind of bingo machine with new contactor's relays, switches and stuff if so what was used?

explanation:- I have in a moment of complete stupidness decided to take on a "Shoot a line" bingo machine for restoration and guess what? never done a machine before in my life after reading some of the posts I have realised might not be as easy as I thought go figure, to complicate the issue bingo machine parts are so hard to find in the UK did i say hard I meant impossible so been in touch with a few US and Dutch suppliers for parts but struggling to complete hence the question.

100_0135 (resized).JPG100_0135 (resized).JPG100_0136 (resized).JPG100_0136 (resized).JPG20200101_144024 (resized).jpg20200101_144024 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

I believe you'll find that you'll be doing a lot of labor fixing, cleaning, rebuilding, what is already there.

New parts are probably not going to be found. Or found in enough quantities to do you any good.

Best wishes.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

I found one of these in the trash once. I think I gave the top part to my friend for parts, but kept the backglass, which I subsequently broke when it fell over on my garage floor. I sold the playfield, and ended up putting the lower cabinet back out in the trash.

#4 4 years ago

That wiring harness can't be original. Can it?? I mean, the rest of it looks OK, like something you could start with, but that huge nest of wires?? It doesn't look right at all, what a mess.

Found this thread, this might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1962-bally-shoot-a-line-bingo

#5 4 years ago

Should look like this. Got it from this web page, there is a schematic there also. https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/shoot_a_line/

int-shoot_a_line-back_door (resized).jpgint-shoot_a_line-back_door (resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago

You can't go wrong with "bingo.cdyn.com"
    If you are willing to do the work,I believe
    you will find a lot of help & support here.
    Terry K

#7 4 years ago

Ok guys here my first part of the rewire what do you think?

100_0139 (resized).JPG100_0139 (resized).JPG100_0140 (resized).JPG100_0140 (resized).JPG100_0141 (resized).JPG100_0141 (resized).JPG100_0142 (resized).JPG100_0142 (resized).JPG
    #8 4 years ago

Looks neat and clean, however, if you don't use different wire colors and note your schematic as you go, the machine will be a -whole lot- harder to troubleshoot.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Looks neat and clean, however, if you don't use different wire colors and note your schematic as you go, the machine will be a -whole lot- harder to troubleshoot

You could use wire labels & update the schematic accordingly but bingopodcast has a major point!

#10 4 years ago

hi Guys to be fair i did think about that so i have numbered them to match the schematic but hey thanks for the info anymore comments and help appreciated

100_0144 (resized).JPG100_0144 (resized).JPG
    #11 4 years ago

I think I've seen pictures of that machine. It looked complete and had a few things in the cabinet that weren't original that can be tossed....like a motor-driven cam unit (the motor had "murten/schweiz" on it).

the only plastic-coated wires in the game originally were in the 115V circuit. There probably weren't any relays originally in the cabinet (not counting the one on the playfield bottom), so you may have some spare parts.

the wire bundle for the back door and lamp panel didn't look that bad before, but it was partially unbound. I guess someone took it apart further to chase wires. You can probably get it more-or-less neatly back together just from the picture xsvtoys posted above.

the relays, switches, coils, etc. are all standard parts used in bingos and flipper games of that era. You've even got a newer style motor in there that is capable of 50Hz. The only time you may be mildly concerned is when stepper units or wiper assemblies are missing ... those take more effort to find something the same or close enough to make work.

you typically don't look for new parts. There's plenty of parts games with pieces in good condition, so once you've got the wood taken care of and the game reassembled, post pics of things that are broken/missing/worn out and people with parts can see what they have for you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/updating-electro-mech-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.