Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BillP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm sure I've read it somewhere that you need to be at a certain code Level to update the new games. I'm currently at 1.1 and was wondering if I can update the old way using a USB stick or do I need something from Stern?

#3 8 years ago

Very early production games needed a new SD card (see below) before updating. You could try updating your game or check with Stern tech support first.

From a Stern service bulletin -

In order to assure a successful update to code version 1.51 on Whoa Nellie games, please be sure that your game is at code revision level v1.50 prior to attempting the update to v1.51. Version 1.50 was sent to all customers as an SD card in order to facilitate installation. If you did not receive the v1.50 update kit from your dealer or distributor please contact Stern Technical Support at 1-800-KICKERS and we will send you the appropriate SD card. As always, please follow update instructions.

#4 8 years ago

What's Whoa Nellie even need code for? Cant the dings and dongs just be automated like regular EMs?

#5 8 years ago

It's an SS though.

#6 8 years ago

Mine would never update so Stern sent me a new SD card with 1.52 on it

#7 8 years ago

New speech call outs, additional music track, rules options, etc. I know you're probably being sarcastic, but thought I would offer an answer anyways markmon!

#8 8 years ago

Mine was 1.1 and I apparently updated to 1.52 successfully, but now I'm a little concerned about the implications of doing the update without having been on 1.50 and/or without the replacement SD card. . .

2 months later
#9 8 years ago

Sometime and always during game play, my Left side GI blink (flast/go out for a sec), I feels like normal game play eddect as it's just off and right back on - could it be a short in a switch somewhere? Does certainly does not seem correct -- anyone else see this left GI issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/updating-code-on-whoa-nellie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.