DSC07356.JPG
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

From JJP:

Greetings Pinball Fans,

Today we are allowed to reveal the latest cabinet and backglass artwork creation by Jeff Busch. We are working on the game mechanisms, rules, insert placement, playfield artwork and the interactive Smaug mechanism on the playfield. In the next few weeks we will show more progress on the playfield.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug opened today and we got a sneak preview earlier this week and the movie was Awesome!

Today we host over 200 people at our JJP Factory so in coming days we will post pictures and more on the cabinet artwork.

Be sure to watch The Today Show this Sunday Morning for a story about Pinball !

unnamed (6).jpgunnamed (6).jpgunnamed (5).jpgunnamed (5).jpgunnamed (4).jpgunnamed (4).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (1).jpgunnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Looks amazing

#3 10 years ago

Awesome!!

#4 10 years ago

Holy cow that looks sick

#5 10 years ago

Looks great! Hard to believe there isn't a decent pic of Smaug on there though - instead we get a nip shot from the Goblin king...

#6 10 years ago

I think it looks pretty cool except the Bilbo pose on the backglass...maybe its just the location but seems to pull a little way from the Title... looks like more of a supporing drawing that would appear in a corner...

Other than that the artwork i think looks amazing and probably will look much better in person.

#7 10 years ago

looks great but no picture of a dragon?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hard to believe there isn't a decent pic of Smaug on there though

I thought the same thing -- I mean the second movie is called the Desolation of SMAUG! Guess the Smaug cabinet art will be reserved for the Smaug LE!

Cab really looks amazing though. Can't wait to see the updated playfield.

#9 10 years ago

Looks good. Hopefully shot of dragon on le.

#10 10 years ago

Are the standard WOZ backglasses mirrored? Or just the LEs? I presume this will get a mirrored treatment too.

#11 10 years ago

I'm very excited for this machine, but I'm really not a fan of these photoshop mashups... They lack any sense of Art at all. I love the two strong backbox images. The sides and front are hideous to me. I'd rather have a landscape view from the film. A striking image, over a mashup of 10 striking images. I love the STLE side box art. Simple and strong. Don't get me wrong... I will probably be getting this game! I just wish the art was a little more subdued.

#12 10 years ago

Will they add stuff from the third movie? I would assume they've only got art samples from the first two...but the game does announce it is the "motion picture trilogy."

Overall...looks fine to me!

#13 10 years ago

So basically no picture of Smaug (you know...the whole point of the movies) but some made up orc character is front and center on the side art?

#14 10 years ago

I was expecting drawings too from Jeff Bush who also did the art for Pinball Magic.
Or are these so spectacular that they look like a photoshop collage?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I think it looks pretty cool except the Bilbo pose on the backglass...maybe its just the location but seems to pull a little way from the Title... looks like more of a supporing drawing that would appear in a corner...

+1

#16 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Love that all sides have unique side artwork. I am surprised though that Smaug isn't anywhere on the artwork. That could be intended though. I'm thinking that the Smaug toy is going to be epic and that JJP has some other Smaug references in there.

#17 10 years ago

That's only the 2nd best Evangeline Lily side art I've ever seen on a pinball.

DSC07356.JPGDSC07356.JPG
#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are the standard WOZ backglasses mirrored? Or just the LEs?

All WOZ backglasses are mirrored.

Epic fail without Smaug IMO

#19 10 years ago

MAybe Smaug will be the focus of the attract screen. The side with the hero's/Goblin king/and the Shire is amazing.

#21 10 years ago

You really got to portray the dragon, Smaug, on the back glass. They could've released this yesterday if not. I guess this has to be incomplete without the 3rd movie not being out to next year. I was hoping for better... just disappointed that's all.

#22 10 years ago

Looks good needs more SMAUG!!!!

Also Bilbo looks so scared on the translight backglass, not the best shot of him.

Better then the last cab art for sure. Thanks for Sharing JJP games looking good.

Smaug.gifSmaug.gif
#23 10 years ago

Looks great

I look FW to seeing inventory of this game.

Might get one, the theme is far superior to WOZ (for me).

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from RogerKlotz27:

MAybe Smaug will be the focus of the attract screen. The side with the hero's/Goblin king/and the Shire is amazing.

Or maybe a Smaug topper?

#25 10 years ago

Ever seen a movie preview and there were bits in the preview that weren't in the movie? Yep.

Anyway, I predict a full-length Smaug on the playfield like this:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

So basically no picture of Smaug (you know...the whole point of the movies) but some made up orc character is front and center on the side art?

He will probably be in the updated/updated artwork package.

#27 10 years ago

I think not having Smaug on the cabinet is intended. He's going to be well featured on the playfield in terms of the toy and probably some other way as well.

Also, notice how there's some fire on the lower right backglass artwork. This could be used for a flame effect on the LCD going from the left upper corner of the screen to the lower right.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

He will probably be in the updated/updated artwork package.

yeah, I suppose this is all subject to change the next few months any who, looks pretty excellent though!

I cant wait to see the Smaug toy for the play field!

#29 10 years ago

Cant wait myself exciting buildup, Artwork looks Ace, was tempted to PO THLE, this time around wait & see, play, like, buy, load, home, play,

#30 10 years ago

Very cool thanks Joe

#32 10 years ago

Looks awesome, I know I got a little hard.

#33 10 years ago

I like it. Especially if you look at the whole cabinet.

I am slowly going from really, really wanting a hobbit pin, to, need to have one, sadly my wallet does not move an inch into the right direction yet, .

I am hyped for that smaug toy or whatever it will be. My expectation is so high that it almost only can dissapoint. But..... If that still can blow me away, i am going crazy.

Bring it on!

#34 10 years ago

Can't see the design through the lack of Smaug...

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Can't see the design through the lack of Smaug...

What if the playfield is one giant smaug? Then will there be too much if he is on the sides too?

#36 10 years ago

Maybe the topper is one big firespitting smaug model.

#37 10 years ago

It's much better glad jjp listened to his customers base, I was very let down by the original artwork. Having the pale Orc Azok in the middle looks silly and no Smaug is a mistake. But it does not look like ass anymore. Saw the second movie today, was fantastic and it will be very hard to turn Smaug into a plastic toy.

#38 10 years ago

Hand painted cabinet art like WOZ? Better not be photoshopped.

3 weeks later
#39 10 years ago

Anyone have word on when JJP might release more info -- hopefully updated playfield???

#40 10 years ago

Looks awesome. Really looking forward to this title. Wish I got in early on an LE. Oh well, at least I can wait and drool and watch this one unfold.

#41 10 years ago

Looks like the past 15 years of Stern IMO.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Anyone have word on when JJP might release more info -- hopefully updated playfield???

With all the competition brewing between these new pinball makers, I wouldn't expect much to be revealed about any new tables until closer to their release dates.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

With all the competition brewing between these new pinball makers, I wouldn't expect much to be revealed about any new tables until closer to their release dates.

Good point though I recall Jack saying in the last update that he would be releasing playfield progress "in the next few weeks" -- which was something like 3 weeks ago.

#44 10 years ago

I imagine since the next payment is due on the 15th that maybe some more will be shown soon....

#45 10 years ago

15th and still no update...

Anyone hear any more rumors?

1 week later
#46 10 years ago

Crickets... I guess the Lawlor announcement trumped any update on Hobbit?

#47 10 years ago

Another update? We just got one a few weeks ago.

#48 10 years ago

I wouldn't be asking if Jack hadn't said in his mid-December press release that there was supposed to be an update on playfield progress "in the next few weeks." Just seeing if anyone out there knows anything...

#49 10 years ago

We just saw the whiteboard photo about 10-14 days ago. That fits the timeframe you are referring to - is that the update you are seeking? It is SOMEWHERE here on Pinside.

Here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1

#50 10 years ago

guess I am a little late on this but without the dragon I feel like that art is a real miss. Glad I didn't pre-order. Azog and the Goblin king...pass, and I LOVE all things Tolken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/updated-hobbit-artwork/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.