(Topic ID: 39504)

Updated gameroom pix...and a little history.

By 82Trooper

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by APOLLO_13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arcade1.jpg
    clip_image003.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    Babyface-yellow.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Here are some new pix of my gamerooms (the Gottlieb's -and my brandy-new Avengers Pro are at my home; the other games are in my family's vacation home) I thought I would share. They all work except for the flipperless "Paratroops" Genco conversion, which is an ongoing project. But as a former paratooper (82nd Airborne) I could not pass it it up. Now, if I could just find a nice 1950's Williams "Paratrooper" my quest would be complete.....

The first photo is the game that it started for me ....a 1948 United "Babyface" painted yellow. My brother and Dad dragged it home 30+ years ago and my 4 brothers and I wailed on it as teenagers. It was subsequently repainted in the original scheme and can be seen second from left in the photo. I would not call it "restored" but we certainly "fixed it up!". it plays 100%, and my very young nieces and nephews really like playing it .

Funny how these games grow on you and when you have one, you want two. When you get two....you want another and so on..... I like having examples from several time periods, several manufacturers as well as a variety of technology.

Thanks for looking.
    Mike

Babyface-yellow.jpgBabyface-yellow.jpg clip_image002.jpgclip_image002.jpg clip_image003.jpgclip_image003.jpg Arcade1.jpgArcade1.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Great lineup!!

#3 11 years ago

Cool stuff man

#4 11 years ago

Nice collection there, thanks for posting with a back story. Flip on...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/updated-gameroom-pixand-a-little-history and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.