Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jdapolito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Well i cleaned up some switches on the score motor which didnt seem to make much difference.i set it to free play by closing a switch on the credit unit,cleaned the AXand bx switches still nothing .but last nite i cleaned the jones plugs in the back head and some of the switches back there that go to the 10's 100' and 1000's .then i cleaned the jones plug for the coin mech,i think these are called jones plugs,the ones with the 2 rows of pins. Well now when i turn the game on ,the game over relay buzzes very loudly and is locked in ,i think i can adjust the plate and quiet this ,the 1st ball relay is engaged and the tilt lights on the back glass,But now i push the replay button on the coin door and everything lights up on playfield and back glass the game over relay last ball relay and tilt is released and the number of players lights(credit lights ) work correctly depending on how many times i push the button.
but when i drop a ball down no flippers no pop bumpers no scoring and no ball return when it drains .the kick outs work drop targets work etc
i'll keep cleaning switches , but any ideas of where to go directly next (and save a little time)

thanks again,great site, sorry for the length of the post

#3 9 years ago

no ,when i push the replay button the game over relay and 1st ball relay releases the score motor appears to reset "1" lights up under "players" on the back glass indicating the number of players playing the game ,the play field lights up ,and thats it .the flippers dont work pop bumpers dont work and the score reels dont move

#5 9 years ago

ok i went over the AX and
bx and game over relay and tilt hold relays ,now that i think about it i'm not sure if i went over the reset control.but i also went over the ball return relay .now same as on my previous post except when the ball drains it does get kicked back out to the shooting lane and for awhile it was counting the balls ,but then that stopped.what relay takes care of this ? the ball return relay ?i went over it again and seemed fine .
but still no flippers and no scoring ,the score reels i'm sure need cleaned but now firing of the points switches in back,
Also when i hit some of the targets the bonus unit fires but when the ball drains it fires again as if to count more bonus ,it doesnt count them down.
one more thing if this helps,when the machine was actually counting the balls in play after i drained the 5th ball it would reset say game over for a second then try to reset again then go to game over back and forth until i turned the game off and turned it back on .at this point it stopped keeping track of the balls again

#6 9 years ago

also what fuse i checked the 3 at the base of the unit and the 2 under the playfield is there another i am missing?i hope.

#9 9 years ago

thanks i figured i'd have to go thru the hole machine and i will ,but i got a little impatient and thought i was missing something simple .anyway i got it to do more then it did when i got it.i'll start going thru the rest of the switches and score reels .do you know does the game keep track of the ball in play thru the return ball switch ?just because i had it working then it quit .
thanks for your advice and help

#11 9 years ago

ok im going thru the switches did all the ones in the back head and readjusted the ax bx add a player and game over and hold relays
still have a few more to do .but i couldn't resist i turned on the game
pushed replay button .the game started ,i manually set all score reels to 0 when i cleaned them .flippers worked scored for all four players pop bumpers got cleaned and are working as are the drop targets .
when the game finished
the credit relay in the back just kept firing though
and wouldnt stop till i shut off the game
when i turned it back on pushed replay
everything worked but the score reels wouldnt reset to zero ,players one to four points just kept adding onto existing scores
is this a problem with the player unit in the back ,the z1,z2 relays ,im continuing going thru the switches ,just wondered ,thanks again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-on-gottliebs-fast-draw-game-till-wont?tu=jdapolito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.