DSC_4984.JPG
DSC_4700.JPG
DSC_4691.JPG
DSC_4699.JPG
DSC_4693.JPG
DSC_4695.JPG
DSC_4584.JPG
DSC_4580.JPG
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I ordered deluxe speaker panel now I need the Thompson light mod.
Has anyone received an update on when the new batch will be available
Thanks Rick in Indiana

#2 10 years ago

Anyone?

1 month later
#3 10 years ago

Hi Rick, I am also on the list. I ordered the deluxe speaker panel and waiting for the mod to be made. I ordered the color dmd this week so I should have that by the end of this week. The latest is with the new color dmd there are some miner adjustments to be made to is mod. I am thinking after Christmas with everything going on. I believe there are enough people on the list to make another batch. I have my fingers cross waiting to hear back. I hope this helps. Joe

#4 10 years ago

Where can i order the delux speaker panel? I want this mod!

1 week later
#5 10 years ago

Hi guys,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, Rick, and others who are waiting patiently. I've had a hectic year, our daughter Penny was born in July, meanwhile my business partner in my primary business was in and out of the hospital for the rest of the year with some serious health issues. Fortunately he's back to work and Penny is sleeping through the night so we're good to go on another run of panels!

This new run will have one important change incorporated, that being compatibility with ColorDMD panels. No connectors will be present on the middle part of the back of the panel so that the ColorDMD panel can sit flush against the wood.

The new waiting list is about as long as the first one, I think I'll be running close to 100 panels this time just to make sure I have enough for the latecomers. To that end if anyone out there reading this post wants a CFTBL backlight panel and hasn't yet put in a request to be on the list, you can still get in now before I start ordering PCBs, these are the longest-lead item and they have to be made in reasonable quantity to get good pricing.

I hope to be updating you guys and everyone else on the list soon with pricing and estimated availability for this next run.

BTW 7craig7 I've put you on the list!

Thanks,
Jeff

#6 10 years ago

Awesome, thanks! Great mod!

#7 10 years ago

awesome mod, pm sent to be on the list

are you also supplying the deluxe panel with the backlight kit?

#8 10 years ago

Hi Thompso9. I think i may be on the list as of now but if not could you add me to the list.

Thanks,
Alex

#9 10 years ago

I just sent a pm to get on the speaker panel mod, I haven't seen the light mod, link anyone?

#10 10 years ago

Thank U sir!

#11 10 years ago

I sent a PM, I'm in!!

#12 10 years ago

Jeff,

I was on the old list just reconfirming. Thanks. Merry Christmas

Mark

#13 10 years ago

Ditto....Confirmation request! I can't wait!

#14 10 years ago

Curious here. I own the previous version. Any software updates/changes?

1 week later
#15 10 years ago

Excellent news about the colordmd adjustment!!!

#16 10 years ago

Please include me on the list. I would take one.

Thanks
Bryan

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Curious here. I own the previous version. Any software updates/changes?

Ditto. Love my V1 as is, but.....

#18 10 years ago

PM'd, but figured I'd post here as well. Put me on the list! Thanks.

#19 10 years ago

V1 here as well and love it

#20 10 years ago

Please add me to the list. I'll pm too

#21 10 years ago

PM sent last night. Please add me to the list. Thanks.

#22 10 years ago

can you add me to the list thanks!

#23 10 years ago

Hey Jeff,

Please put me on the list for this mod as well...Am thinking of adding the color dmd and really like where you are headed with this!!

THX,
Rick

Quoted from thompso9:

Hi guys,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, Rick, and others who are waiting patiently. I've had a hectic year, our daughter Penny was born in July, meanwhile my business partner in my primary business was in and out of the hospital for the rest of the year with some serious health issues. Fortunately he's back to work and Penny is sleeping through the night so we're good to go on another run of panels!
This new run will have one important change incorporated, that being compatibility with ColorDMD panels. No connectors will be present on the middle part of the back of the panel so that the ColorDMD panel can sit flush against the wood.
The new waiting list is about as long as the first one, I think I'll be running close to 100 panels this time just to make sure I have enough for the latecomers. To that end if anyone out there reading this post wants a CFTBL backlight panel and hasn't yet put in a request to be on the list, you can still get in now before I start ordering PCBs, these are the longest-lead item and they have to be made in reasonable quantity to get good pricing.
I hope to be updating you guys and everyone else on the list soon with pricing and estimated availability for this next run.
BTW 7craig7 I've put you on the list!
Thanks,
Jeff

#24 10 years ago

Add me to the list if Im not already on it

#25 10 years ago

Hey Jeff,

please add me also on the list

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from tomypin:

Hey Jeff,
please add me also on the list

I keep opening thread to see new info,and just see
more people wanting one!

#27 10 years ago

Please add me to the list!

I had asked to be on the list in the previous thread also - so this may be a duplicate request. Just wanted to make sure I'm in.

#28 10 years ago

I'd be in as well...

#29 10 years ago

Forgive my ignorance but is there a site to check the price and shipping?
You need a different speaker-panel too right?

#30 10 years ago

I've been on the list for a while, but just want to make sure I'm still on the list. Do not want to miss this great mod for my CFTBL (my first ever pin).

1 week later
#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Forgive my ignorance but is there a site to check the price and shipping?
You need a different speaker-panel too right?

the pricing the first go-round was $125-135 including shipping within the states. the mod itself comes with a new speaker panel (with the stenciled grills) which has been c-n-c'ed to house the surface-mounted LED panels (already pre-assembled) and all of the necessary wiring.

what is required on the part of the user is:
- removing and dismantling your existing speaker panel (so that you can transfer the speakers and wiring for them) to the new panel, along with your dmd. this process takes about 30 mins or less. additionally, you need to connect the wiring to the LED panels and jumper in the power connector

please note:
this is not my mod and I have nothing to do with the creation and/or distribution of mr. thompson's speaker panel mod. my comments were strictly from owning one myself having purchased it from jeff

#32 10 years ago

Add me to the list. Recently sent you an email as well. Thanks

#33 10 years ago

I'm so wanting one of these....

#34 10 years ago

Please add me to the list as well
Thank you
Jeff

#35 10 years ago

Please add me to the list.

Thank you,

Rob

2 weeks later
#36 10 years ago

So for all those who are waiting, here is an update on the next run of CFTBL panels:

Bare boards are in! They look great and I've already hand-populated one board set to try out. The pics below show the result. I have the PCB fabricator tooling up to build the rest, and parts are arriving daily. Notice that the entire design is now connectorized, no wiring harness save for power entry. This means that everything will be concealed inside the panel, so there's nothing to interfere with ColorDMDs. Also check out how thin the boards are, only 0.020" thick! This will move the LEDs back a bit from the plastic and spread the light more. Plus the board is now white which will also help to increase light spread.

I do need to get my hands on a FF/Pinball Pro speaker set to determine if there is any interference there since people did have some issues with the previous revision. From the looks of it these kits come with an MDF mounting block for each speaker?? Is that true of both FF and Pinball Pro types of speaker kits?

DSC_4577.JPGDSC_4577.JPG
DSC_4580.JPGDSC_4580.JPG
DSC_4581.JPGDSC_4581.JPG
DSC_4584.JPGDSC_4584.JPG

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from thompso9:

Is that true of both FF and Pinball Pro types of speaker kits?

Can't speak for Pinball Pro but yes FF does. I had the FF revamped to work.
I would love this option.

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#39 10 years ago

Hi again everyone, another update...

PCBs were run today, though I haven't gotten them yet. The speaker grilles are due in next week, and I am cutting plywood. As with all good things in pinball, this one has taken time, but at least we're in the home stretch.

For those who have asked to be on the list, I am going through my PM's to try and respond to each one. I have been swamped lately and haven't been able to check for a while so there are probably a lot of you waiting for responses. Sorry about that.

The next set of pictures I post will (hopefully) be of the completed first article of this run.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Jeff

#40 10 years ago

Woohoo!! I'm in and can't wait to get this great mod installed....

#41 10 years ago

I would like to see a photo . I want one . CFTBL is one of my favorite pinball machines. I am late to this party it appears. Were can I view the product ? Thanks a million . Rob

#42 10 years ago

Can't wait. I have the speaker panel crying in the corner just waiting

#43 10 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm finishing up restoring my Creech, and this will be an awesome finishing touch.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Can't wait. I have the speaker panel crying in the corner just waiting

Stop posting and go swimming.

#45 10 years ago

When you have the light mod ready, will you end everybody on the list an invoice for payment or something like that?

#46 10 years ago

Look foreword to your next posting Jeff... Can not wait to see the final product

#47 10 years ago

Jeff, PM sent! Thanks for the time and effort to make this mod.

Cheers!

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

When they are ready will you send those on the list an invoice for payment or something like that?

I'm just waiting for word on when and how to pay (although I was told I will be in the "second group" of this run of kits made). I have the mirrored taillight speaker panel and the ColorDMD just waiting for this kit!

#49 10 years ago

If anyone has a deluxe or enhanced panel for sale please let me know

#50 10 years ago

I got on Jeff's list. I'm excited, as this is the finishing touch on my creature restoration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-on-cftbl-light-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.