Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PATZ201438.JPG
    PATZ201441.JPG
    PATZ201442.JPG
    PATZ 030.JPG
    PATZ 015.JPG
    metallica.jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

On the way. Anyone been there and can give a quick report, vendors, pins, etc?

#2 9 years ago

I will be there tomorrow. I hope there is lots going on by then!

#3 9 years ago

Was there for 2.5 hours Thursday evening with some first-time-to-play-pinball friends from work. Plenty of pins to play, and several (5 or 6) vendors with parts, playfields, backglasses, plastics, etc. Abel there with two WOZ's set up. Had a great time! Will be back on Saturday.

Thanks for a great Thursday evening, Kevin and crew! AND the guys that brought pins! Saw a bunch from the Grand Rapids Pinball League.

Matt

#4 9 years ago

I just unboxed a brand new Metallica at the show today (Friday) for free play. But here only today promoting the Ann Arbor pinball showcase. http://vfwpinball.com

#5 9 years ago

I'm sure that more games will be coming today and tomorrow. But yesterday, it was not good. This is no indictment of Kevin or anyone else. I know a pinball show is nothing that I could put on, but the games just weren't there. Aside from TAF (with an awesome like new playfield, by the way), TZ, WOZ (brought in by a vendor), POTC, and a bunch of games brought in by the Grand Rapids club including HSII, the show was just not that good in my opinion. There was one seller trying to sell a whole bunch of tired C and D listers as well.

Hopefully, it improves for those going out there today and tomorrow.

#6 9 years ago

Pics?

#7 9 years ago

As of today, Friday, counted about 80 Pinballs. I'm sure it will be more tomorrow. It's a very nice show, we're having fun.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I There was one seller trying to sell a whole bunch of tired C and D listers as well.

Sounds like a Pinsider! : ducks :

#9 9 years ago

Ill be there in the morning tomorrow.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I'm sure that more games will be coming today and tomorrow. But yesterday, it was not good. This is no indictment of Kevin or anyone else. I know a pinball show is nothing that I could put on, but the games just weren't there. Aside from TAF (with an awesome like new playfield, by the way), TZ, WOZ (brought in by a vendor), POTC, and a bunch of games brought in by the Grand Rapids club including HSII, the show was just not that good in my opinion. There was one seller trying to sell a whole bunch of tired C and D listers as well.

What game did you bring to make the show better ?

Brian

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

What game did you bring to make the show better ?
    Brian

I don't have a game. When you bring a game, you get in for free. When you don't have a game you pay for a ticket. When you pay for a ticket, it's okay to have reasonable expectations, I believe.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I don't have a game. When you bring a game, you get in for free. When you don't have a game you pay for a ticket. When you pay for a ticket, it's okay to have reasonable expectations, I believe.

I would say about 80-90 machines is a good turn out, what were your expiations ? a room full of "A" list games ? , it is not cool to complain about the lack of quality games at a show if you didn't even bring one . I just think it is kind of a douche bag thing to do to make a post saying the show is not that good , maybe next year if you bring one of your "A" list games it will be better

I would come to this show if there were only 5 pins. pinball is more than the games, there are great vendors there selling supplies w/o shipping costs ( bonus) and many old friends and new friends to talk with and yes when I arrive tomorrow I will have a game in hand to donate to the show for all to play .

Just think before you criticize something you contributed Nothing to.

Brian Lenker
    Madison hts MI.

#13 9 years ago

A lot of nice games. Pinball life, glm, Abel and a few others. Looking good tonight.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

I would say about 80-90 machines is a good turn out, what were your expiations ? a room full of "A" list games ? , it is not cool to complain about the lack of quality games at a show if you didn't even bring one . I just think it is kind of a douche bag thing to do to make a post saying the show is not that good , maybe next year if you bring one of your "A" list games it will be better
    I would come to this show if there were only 5 pins. pinball is more than the games, there are great vendors there selling supplies w/o shipping costs ( bonus) and many old friends and new friends to talk with and yes when I arrive tomorrow I will have a game in hand to donate to the show for all to play .
    Just think before you criticize something you contributed Nothing to.
    Brian Lenker
    Madison hts MI.

Don't condescend to me. The poster asked for opinions. I gave mine. If the only valid opinion is a raving review about it, then don't ask. Come to think of it, you weren't even the one asking. So, now you have to bring a game in order to render a valid review?

Maybe you missed the part where I suggested that the show might be better today and tomorrow with more pins. And also that it's more than what I would be able to do. But it's how I felt when asked the question. Sorry you don't like the answer. I've said plenty of nice things about people and machines on this board, so I'm not just negative. It's clear that I probably just went on the wrong day.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

It's clear that I probably just went on the wrong day.

You just have to broaden your game horizons to include Solid State and Electro-Mechanical games as well. Pinball is a lot more then just DMD games.

#16 9 years ago

I haven't been around a ton since I have a booth set up, at my booth we have a TZ, MB, and a T2. Clay behind me had a Metallica, 2 Woz are their as well as a Mustang, TAF, and several other decent games. We are having fun seems like most others are as well.

#17 9 years ago

I was there on Thursday and I pretty much agree with usandthem's review. Of the pins pictured on Thursday, several were not there (I'm assuming they were sold). And of those that were there, some were set up so poorly as to be next to unplayable (POTC, Goldeneye). My assumption was that most of the games arrive on Friday. I couldn't attend then. There were a couple of nice WOZs and a really sweet Monster Bash with Color DMD at vendor booths. A couple of A listers - TZ, TAF - and the rest were B and C titles and EM/SS games. There was a Tron, but it was in the tournament pen. The venue is clean, though I didn't try the restrooms. There are restaurants 10 minutes away and you can come and go as you please.

As to the pissy comments on usandthem's review, have respect for other's opinions. And, just because a review isn't glowingly positive doesn't mean its not accurate, nor does it mean that the reviewer is attacking PATZ. Frankly, you pay $12 to get in on Thursday, just as you do on Friday and Saturday. Clearly, the experience is not the same every day. And no one is obliged to bring a pin. And those who don't aren't any lesser attendees than those who do. You PAY to attend the show.

Was the $12 worth it for the show I went to on Thursday? Sure. I played more the $12 in pinball on a variety of games and bought about $300 in merchandise from vendors. I may have even found a line on a part I've been looking for from quite some time from one of the vendors. That ALONE was worth the price of admission. I

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

some were set up so poorly as to be next to unplayable (POTC

Hmm.. What exactly was wrong with the POTC? We brought in the game and last I knew it was playing fine Thursday and Friday up until at least 8. Will check in the morning for any issues.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Aside from TAF (with an awesome like new playfield, by the way)

That is a Ron Kruzman CC'd Repro PF. Pretty nice huh?

#20 9 years ago

With the POTC, the game was out of level both to the left and the angle of the pf was too steep to make the long ramp shot. Half the time it was coming back down. A lot of shots dependent on ramps in that game. If you can't get the ball up it, the game is impossible to score well at.

#21 9 years ago

Game was leveled when setup. The guys scoring 300+ million on the game had no problem hitting ramps or shots. Will check levelness in the AM.

#22 9 years ago

Is there a Mousin' Around . If so you got to get on it.

#23 9 years ago

im bring up a few games today
    Little cheif 1000
    comet 1000
    HUO Potc in Abels Booth, its listed here in a seperate forum f/s 5800 obo
    and a few vids, signed woz playfield, translights and what ever else i load out of the shop
    see ya fellas later today

PINCADES
    JT

#24 9 years ago

As a first timer at PATZ on Thursday I was a bit disappointed. Unfortunately this was the only day I could go. I arrived right at 2pm. Did I have a good time? Sure. Worth the 12.00? Absolutely. Was I able to purchase really anything much off the 3 page list of LEDS and parts I wanted to buy.... Not even close. I able to buy new pinballs, some leg bolts and some diodes that I really didn't even need. CPR was there, John Dayhuff and one other vendor that I got the balls from. One other vendor that looked like a pile of junk by the tournament area. Stayed until 6pm then left as it looked like no other vendors were going to be there Thursday night. Was hoping to spend a pile of cash with Cointaker and pinball life. But just ended up seeing a bunch of empty vendor tables. Had a great time playing some of the machines. Albeit couple had level issues, 1 with a stuck up right flipper. One that wasn't on freeplay and a police force that looked like it just came out of a barn and one game with a dead pop bumper on it. Might have been 30 machines available and more coming in now again when I was leaving.But still had a great time, just real disappointed that the vendors I came for was not there Thursday. Entered the 10.00 raffle for the pinball, currently waiting for my call to come and pick it up. lol Had a great time playing WOZ.. Will be back next year... but not on Thursday..

#25 9 years ago

Off topic sorry- but I would like to talk to the owner of the HS2 please come see me at my booth (Rock Custom Pinball) I need to do an under-cab kit for that machine and have trouble getting out and doing installs. This would be done free of charge!

On topic- Looking forward to seeing what happens at the auction today should be good with no buyer premiums and such.

#26 9 years ago

We bought a brand new Metallica and basically had an unboxing party right there about 2pm Friday at Kzoo. I played the first game and then some guy, who i'de never seen in my life before, played the second game. Game was there all day until we left (couldn't stay for saturday sorry.) So we would say the quality of games was good. New out of the box is pretty good quality after all.

We bought a booth from Kevin to support Kevin and to promote our new pinball show, the Ann Arbor pinball showcase (May 16-18). The Metallica will be there at that show too. http://www.vfwpinball.com If you want another show with games to play i suggest you check out our show (the game list is published on the website if you're curious.) But we felt that Kzoo this year was awesome. We had an amazingly fun time.

We also went to the Kzoo Beer Exchange for dinner. That place is cool (they have 3 games too.) Watching the price changes on their beer stock exchange was pretty neat.

metallica.jpgmetallica.jpg

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

Game was leveled when setup. The guys scoring 300+ million on the game had no problem hitting ramps or shots. Will check levelness in the AM.

I played the POTC many times on Friday and thought it played great. I had no problem making any shots or ramps. I had never played one before and I really got into it. It's definitely now on my want to buy list. Thanks for bringing it Leach.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I fully agree with this statement. Otherwise, someone should host a show that requires a game to be brought and set of free play, otherwise no admission. Let me know how that business model works out.

I think it's great that a regional show has almost as many pins that were at Expo a couple of years ago.

No, I did not bring a pin to Kalamazoo; Will a pin, even my single player Bally 4 Queens, fit in an Audi TT coupe with two people?

#29 9 years ago

Great relaxed atomosphere looks like more games and vendors came in Friday Afternnoon .Nice Addams family.monster bash,twilight zone ,WOZ,metallica,getaway. We'll worth the 12$

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

That is a Ron Kruzman CC'd Repro PF. Pretty nice huh?

Brought me back to when I played as a freshman in college in '92. Awesome!

#31 9 years ago

Nice hurricane just showed up at our booth.

#32 9 years ago

When I go to a show, I want to play the rare games I can't play anywhere else.

Everybody has a TAF, AFM, TOM, TZ; those are common games you can play anywhere in OH/MI/IL.

Looking at the pics from this year's PATZ, there are some much more rare games you should seek out:

Cyclopes
    Super Orbit
    World Beauties
    Quicksilver
    Dragon
    Caveman
    Black Sheep Squadron
    Astronaut

#33 9 years ago

I was there Friday about 1:30 and stayed for a couple of hours. Left for several hours to visit a friend and came back about 6:30 and there were several more dealers set up plus more machines with more being unloaded. I would say this show builds over the 3 day period and tough to judge it's success unless you are there for all 3 days to see everything.
    I attempted to play Cyclops but it was acting up and would not start a game so I turned off the power switch. Caveman was also turned off when I went to play it. I did play several games that I would now seek out to buy for my accumulation.
    All in all I bought some used parts, some new parts, test played numerous games but was not able to find a complete machine to buy.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Everybody has a TAF, AFM, TOM, TZ...

I wish I did!

I agree with you 100%, though. To me, shows are all about discovering games.

#35 9 years ago

Was there Friday from 1:30 to 7:00.
    Thought it was great. Picked up play field glass from Pinball Life who arrived during the PM.
    One important detail not mentioned yet, mens room was very clean the entire time.
    Thanks show hosts!

#36 9 years ago

How is the reptile show?

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

How is the reptile show?

Bearded Dragons were in abundance.

#38 9 years ago

That was a beautiful MB rock. The TZ and hurricane looked great too. I thought the show was nice. Not too busy like MPE was ok Saturday. Lots of unique games too.

#39 9 years ago

Really enjoyed cyclopse. Thankyou to who ever brought it.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from suave84:

That was a beautiful MB rock. The TZ and Hurricane looked great too. I thought the show was nice. Not too busy like MPE was ok Saturday. Lots of unique games too.

Thanks buddy, with those games at the booth there was no shortage of people to talk to. Thanks to my friends Ben and Erin for blessing my booth with that beautiful MB, it won best of show we deserved. Look forward to next year we had a good time. It was nice meeting some of you guys.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from sixpakmopar:

I was there Friday about 1:30 and stayed for a couple of hours. Left for several hours to visit a friend and came back about 6:30 and there were several more dealers set up plus more machines with more being unloaded. I would say this show builds over the 3 day period and tough to judge it's success unless you are there for all 3 days to see everything.
    I attempted to play Cyclops but it was acting up and would not start a game so I turned off the power switch

Thanks for turning off the switch. It is my machine as I recently purchased it and hadn't seen it until this weekend. I want to thank my friend Phil for getting it setup for people to play. I wasn't sure how it would respond since I hadn't had a chance to look at it never mind shop it out. I am sorry it wasn't working when you were there.

Brad

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from jackhearts:

Really enjoyed cyclopse. Thankyou to who ever brought it.

You are welcome. I am sorry it hadn't been shopped out or such prior to being setup at the show, but glad you had a chance to play it.

Brad

#43 9 years ago

That Cyclopes had some really cool artwork and my son actually did play it once in between times when it was down. That will be a cool game once all the gremlins get worked out.

#44 9 years ago

I'm sorry that I missed the show: It sounds like another great time. However, we had to take my mother in law to the emergency room/hospital and that took precedence.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I'm sorry that I missed the show: It sounds like another great time. However, we had to take my mother in law to the emergency room/hospital and that took precedence.

Yikes. I hope things turned out alright!!!

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

So, you expected a show with bly/wms A-B titles, and you brought nothing to the show.
    keep in mind, people who bring games to the show, do it for sharing and enjoyment.

you, i guess, brought your 15 bucks, and decided to complain.

PATZ 015.JPGPATZ 015.JPG

PATZ 030.JPGPATZ 030.JPG

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I fully agree with this statement. Otherwise, someone should host a show that requires a game to be brought and set of free play, otherwise no admission. Let me know how that business model works out.
    I think it's great that a regional show has almost as many pins that were at Expo a couple of years ago.
    No, I did not bring a pin to Kalamazoo; Will a pin, even my single player Bally 4 Queens, fit in an Audi TT coupe with two people?

Eric offered to moved games from our area, to the show, since he had extra space in his trailer.

All you needed was to get your game to Eric.

Guessed you missed the offer.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

When I go to a show, I want to play the rare games I can't play anywhere else.
    Everybody has a TAF, AFM, TOM, TZ; those are common games you can play anywhere in OH/MI/IL.

Agree with that. When i see a MM I don't get excited, I see a game I've probably played 1000 times. Diff'rent strokes to move the world.

#49 9 years ago

I thought the selection was excellent. I also go to play the more obscure stuff though. Just because a game isn't in the top 10 list doesn't mean it didn't have something to offer. Most games have unique properties and have at least something going for them. I have had more fun playing 2 player games and really duking it out over some titles I've never heard of than I've had recently in playing MM or AFM.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

So, you expected a show with bly/wms A-B titles, and you brought nothing to the show.
    keep in mind, people who bring games to the show, do it for sharing and enjoyment.
    you, i guess, brought your 15 bucks, and decided to complain.

PATZ 015.JPG 102 KB

PATZ 030.JPG 249 KB

It looks like things improved greatly on Friday and Saturday. On Thursday, the day I was there and therefore the only day I could comment on, the show wasn't that great. I'm sorry that you don't like honesty. A couple of other Pinsiders who I don't even know agreed. It was how I felt about the question that was posed. Others clearly felt that way as well.

As I said, I don't currently have a game that I could have brought even if I wanted to. But yes, after driving a couple of hours and looking at the PATZ website, I expected more. As it turns out, that list was from 2012. How dare I look at the website advertising the 2014 show and assume that the game list was for this year as well. But that's another issue entirely.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-from-patz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.