Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7b0bcab87aa93d55e2863b70f178184f9455aa9e (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Now that games like Flash Gordon, Trident, Stars and others have new code options (including sound and light), do their listings deserve updates, especially for rating and review purposes?

#2 2 years ago

Yes. I have the new code on my Stars and really like it. I do miss the chimes though. New code with some chimes in there would be ideal for me. Btw, if the UNC in your username means you’re in NC, there’s a dirt cheap FG for sale there. The new FG code looks really cool.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Yes. I have the new code on my Stars and really like it. I do miss the chimes though. New code with some chimes in there would be ideal for me. Btw, if the UNC in your username means you’re in NC, there’s a dirt cheap FG for sale there. The new FG code looks really cool.

I have a Flash Gordon and plan to implement imminently...

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

I have a Flash Gordon and plan to implement imminently...

Awesome. One of my favorite games, been on the hunt for years but no luck yet. The new rule set/code looks like a blast.

#5 2 years ago

Don't forget Cactus Canyon Continued.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Now that games like Flash Gordon, Trident, Stars and others have new code options (including sound and light),

Wait, what?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

do their listings deserve updates, especially for rating and review purposes?

No. The ratings and reviews are meaningless now and would still be meaningless if they were updated.

#8 2 years ago

The update for Road Show makes it one of the best games of all time imo, but not everyone has it. (BTW If you own Road Show and you don't have the soren update, you are missing out).

I think you can grade a game and specify that you have the update for it in your comments, but we can't make a new ratings system for every game out there that has one. It'd be a series of never-ending scattered ratings.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Now that games like Flash Gordon, Trident, Stars and others have new code options (including sound and light), do their listings deserve updates, especially for rating and review purposes?

What???

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

No. The ratings and reviews are meaningless now and would still be meaningless if they were updated.

Generally agree but I do like one's that are well done, especially if on the hunt for a cheaper sleeper game.

#11 2 years ago

Yep. People are writing new code that can be easily deployed via a plug in. Just search for specific threads on old Bally and Stern games like I referenced. Features include new rules, new modes and wizard modes, new music and other audio, new use of lights (e.g. inlane rollover to spinner hurry-up for double spinner value on Flash Gordon where the spinner arrow flashes)

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Yep. People are writing new code that can be easily deployed via a plug in. Just search for specific threads on old Bally and Stern games like I referenced. Features include new rules, new modes and wizard modes, new music and other audio, new use of lights (e.g. inlane rollover to spinner hurry-up for double spinner value on Flash Gordon where the spinner arrow flashes)

Cool, I saw the updates for CFTBL, only one relevant to me...I never noticed any of the bugs...shows how much attention I pay.

#13 2 years ago

I may be mistaken, but I think the edits possible with 90s Bally/Williams are different and less than what's possible with the older Bally and Stern games.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Yup.

7b0bcab87aa93d55e2863b70f178184f9455aa9e (resized).jpg7b0bcab87aa93d55e2863b70f178184f9455aa9e (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-editions-listings-on-pinside-for-old-games-w-new-software- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.