Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by mystic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LaughingOtter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 12 years ago

Hi! Someone mention my name?
    I'll third on the Pike Place Market. It can be a lot of fun (well, no pinball, but there are still places in there that will blow your mind). You can see the Space Needle from nearly anywhere in the north downtown area. I work about three blocks away from the Needle.
    The Underground Tour is best done as an evening excursion. Hopefully you can get the bawdy version of the tour and find out how Seattle REALLY got its start.
    The Seattle Pinball Museum (it's a business, actually) is in the International District (Asiatown), you want to visit there later in the week. Mostly afternoons and evenings. 34 pins there now.
    Shorty's is open every day from noon to 2AM, so you can easily plan other things around that. 17 pins there.

Chocolate tours. Hmm. There's the Theo Chocolate place in Fremont that does tours, they make some damn fine chocolate. Not to mention there's Brouwer's Pub just up the street from there and that's where the serious beer drinkers go. Good restaurant too. And, afterwards, if you look across the street and see a line of mopeds and scooters off the alleyway and a big door open, go there to ADD Motorworks and ask Brad if you can play some pinball. There's three in the front (Stern Stars, Stern Big Game, and Stern Dragonfist) plus some more in the back room.

Let me know when you're in town. I'd like to meet up with you, perhaps for lunch?

#5 12 years ago

I met up with SmokeDog last night at Shorty's. Somehow I didn't see him going in and then got this text that he was playing Indy (the 1993 one) in the back. Once back there we spotted each other very quickly.

He said a place like Shorty's would be a dream in Saskatoon. He pointed out a couple of the games he had heard about but never played (Batman: Dark Knight, The Walking Dead, err, Rolling Stones). He agreed with a lot of us that TRON is a good but FAST game. He also said that after he and his wife played Indy (the previously mentioned one) she said, "We're going to get this one, right?" [What a wife! Just like mine!] He loved Tales of the Arabian Knights and wanted one as much for artwork as play. We agreed Monster Bash could use some covered LED lighting in places where it would be in a dark room (plus black-lit like Shorty's). We both wondered how that pink version of the board would work there (and it's here in Pinside somewhere). He was amazed that Iron Man got moved out for TRON instead of Avatar. We both agreed that Pinside was a much more informal setting than RGP and that that was a Good Thing. It was funny how many times Pinside came up in our chat.

We both also had a couple of pints.

I wish him well in his current business enterprise! If his timing works out the way he described it, he can get a pinball place going in Saskatoon that will be there for a long time indeed!

Great guy! I'd like to hang out with him again!

#7 12 years ago

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention SmokeDog was amazed at the number of ladies playing pinball too. Now where was that pink Monster Bash again?

#10 12 years ago

I TOLD you the Ballard Locks was an impressive bit of civil engineering!

That was indeed the Lava Lounge two doors down! And one door up there's a JackBot at The Rabbit Hole, which also has a full-scale SkeeBall! You're right, we ARE spoiled!

But, like beer, Portland is where you would find the highest locations-to-games/local beers ratio on the West Coast. Seattle has about 100 locations, Portland has more than 200. Portland has more microbreweries than any other major city on Planet Earth. Seattle, well, we still have a lot and some pretty major players are out there too. Also, everything you would need to make beer can be grown/ cultivated here in Washington State.

Glad you had a great time here! Let me know when you're coming back out!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LaughingOtter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upcoming-trip-seattle-washington?tu=LaughingOtter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.