(Topic ID: 224965)

Upcoming theme you would buy without playing it first

By Sidekick74

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Upcoming 'rumored' themes you would purchase without playing 1st”

• Oktoberfest: Pinball on Tap 8 votes
      8%
    • Munsters 20 votes
      19%
    • Beatles - Kapow 6 votes
      6%
    • Willy Wonka 19 votes
      18%
    • Any of the four Deeproot machines next year 2 votes
      2%
    • TNA Part II 3 votes
      3%
    • None - Hate all of these themes 48 votes
      45%

(106 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Fun Saturday poll

#2 5 years ago

None. I swore up and down I was getting Star wars. Played it a bunch now, fun, but glad I passed.
    If Oktoberfest has the kegerator option...maybe. But only after I play it.

#3 5 years ago

It would either be Munsters or Will you Wonka.

#4 5 years ago

None and proud.

#5 5 years ago

None

#6 5 years ago

Must play before I buy this simple rule has saved me a ton of money.

Regards
    Al

#7 5 years ago

Anymore these days people expectations get let down, so no.

#8 5 years ago

Missing option...

None - must play any game before I buy it

#9 5 years ago

Beatles will be the most desired sight unseen
    and will sell well even never played.

#10 5 years ago

Possibly all of them if the layout looks good. Maybe non of them if all looks terrible.

I have bought half of my games without playing them firsts. As along as I do research on them and they look good I’ll buy. The two NIB games I have bought without playing have been the longest to stay in my collection (MET and GoT). Each of these themes has potential, but all depends on how there done.

#11 5 years ago

None. I have never came close to buying a "new" machine but thought about it pretty hard before alien self imploded. Thankfully dodged that bullet.

Only thing that might make me possibly pull the "new" trigger could be Jaws.

#12 5 years ago

Bladerunner... BOOM!

#13 5 years ago

I take my first post back.
    JJP Harry Potter. Im in, make it happen Jack.

#14 5 years ago

None sight unseen.
    I love the Beatles , but I don’t think they will make a good pinball theme (but I could be wrong) . Made by Kapow is a huge downside for me , as that means it will likely be way overpriced (but I could be wrong there as well).
    TNA part 2 , don’t think it is happening (but I could be wrong)
    Munsters , meh . The show did/does nothing for me but the game might .
    Willy Wonka , could be cool , could be horrible .
    Deeproot????
    Octoberfest , I like beer ,typically prefer English style ales over the German Lagers , but this is the most interesting of list above for me . Would I buy it site unseen , nope . Would I buy it if I like the game , yep .

#15 5 years ago

I’m really interested in the Beatles pin, but not if it sucks and not if my only entry is $7k+.

After Avengers (a pin I like but I certainly didn’t like my return) and knowing Stern’s coding schedule, it’s real hard to buy NIB sight unseen, and I probably won’t ever again.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m really interested in the Beatles pin, but not if it sucks and not if my only entry is $7k+.
    After Avengers (a pin I like but I certainly didn’t like my return) and knowing Stern’s coding schedule, it’s real hard to buy NIB sight unseen, and I probably won’t ever again.

If it is Kapow .entry level will be $7k plus . Not much to base this on but 100% of Kapow pins have been $7k plus.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

If it is Kapow .entry level will be $7k plus . Not much to base this on but 100% of Kapow pins have been $7k plus.

To be honest, for Beatles, I’d probably pay up if the game was really well done. But a half assed job would just depress me if I owned it. I’m not just buying it because it’s Beatles. It still has to kick ass.

#18 5 years ago

Where's E3? That would be my vote but since it wasn't there I voted none of the above.

#19 5 years ago

Rumored Godzilla or Jaws could have got a vote, but all of these themes in the poll would have difficulty selling me even if they played well.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Venom_249:

Rumored Godzilla or Jaws could have got a vote, but all of these themes in the poll would have difficulty selling me even if they played well.

Same - at best. Not really interested in any of these period. TNA 2 would be the exception, but no way a blind buy. I can't think of a title I would blind buy - any dream theme I can think of could be made into a crap game, so...

#21 5 years ago

rabble rabble RABBLE

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Venom_249:

I'd never give Stern money after the Godzilla thing

#23 5 years ago

None...i thought star wars would be a slam dunk. Glad i played it a bunch first...

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

None. I have never came close to buying a "new" machine but thought about it pretty hard before alien self imploded. Thankfully dodged that bullet.
    Only thing that might make me possibly pull the "new" trigger could be Jaws.

+1 on that Travish! Jaws is theme top contender.

#25 5 years ago

Universal Studios or Walt Disney World the Pinball machine.

A pinball machine based off all of the attractions, assets and themes they have in the park. You would get many licenses in one pin. It would cover everything. Very hard to get tired of a pin that would have so much different content. It would be difficult getting all to sign off. But it would be a huge win for ALL parties involved. Huge branding potential. It would sell like crazy. Such a huge market it would reach. Pinball enthusiasts as well as Theme park super fans. This is a global brand. Who knows maybe someone is already working on this project. I think it could have the potential of being the best selling pin ever!

#26 5 years ago

None (from the poll).

However, if there was a Masters Of The Universe pinball machine, I would buy it before playing it.

#27 5 years ago

Would need to be a dream theme.
    If STERN makes:
    Evil Dead
    G.I. Joe (cartoon)
    I would buy one without playing 1st.

#28 5 years ago

None really fit me. Oktoberfest theme wise is probably the best for me but American...I'll wait. Themes don;t mean a ton...so probably Munsters but I'm not looking at the moment (depending on designer)

1 year later
    #29 4 years ago

Led Zeppelin, Queen, GI Joe or Transformers 80’s cartoon, Robotech.

#30 4 years ago

Ninja turtles

#31 4 years ago

Jussie smollett goes to the glory hole

#32 4 years ago

Rick and Morty would be about the only one.

Playing any of the others would probably only further deter me from wanting to own them.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from midniight:

Jussie smollett goes to the glory hole

Muhahaha muhahaha

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/upcoming-theme-you-would-buy-without-playing-it-first?hl=moobutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.