(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,845 posts
  • 603 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jlock
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,656 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200710_202207 (resized).jpg
apizktdbq__49400.1575325914 (resized).jpg
fun47787-iron-maiden-eddie-glow-in-the-dark-pop-vinyl-figure-4-pack-popcultcha-01.1588304469 (resized).png
20200709_203746 (resized).jpg
IMG_6594 (resized).jpg
IMG_6593 (resized).jpg
DEE5A412-E437-4CED-A093-C1BF8B087FA9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200704_094634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200704_094054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200704_094043 (resized).jpg
78AB0E93-2770-4964-8F4A-D594A7AB70DE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
D23664DC-5867-4518-8B2B-921ED947F1E0.jpeg
BF30621B-CFBE-46EE-9940-BE745D4BAE8F (resized).jpeg
23F6C642-7BB7-4BB4-9018-54B10B9EE32A (resized).jpeg
37CA77D4-2BAD-47A4-8E1C-D43C5E2A20F2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (2 years ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (1 year ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (11 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (10 months ago)

Post #5829 Sarcophagus dumps ball instead of locking problem area to check Posted by metallik (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yuriijos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#139 2 years ago

Yeah, I’m not to excited about the pro translight. Just a bunch of different eddies crammed in with a slanted Iron Maiden. I think a album cover would be the way to go and I’m sure there will be plenty to choose from.

2 weeks later
#298 2 years ago

I put about 14 games on the pro today and it is awesome. Reminds me of 2 awesome games. Spider-Man in that you have to shoot white Eddie targets to light modes. Getaway when the auto plunger fires the ball through the top left loop to the upper right flipper and looping that to increase RPMS. Overall really awesome experience. Looks like I better beat Avatar so I can sell it and move this one in.

#347 2 years ago

Biggest negative I have with this game, no band member call outs.

2 weeks later
#558 2 years ago

I have an extra Killers Eddie if anyone is interested. Once I get my pro I’m going to swap both plastic figures for this one and a Piece of Mind one I have too.2A5E75A4-B291-4505-9CB3-B3D3A42CAEBD (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Replaced the Piece of Mind Eddie with the Todd McFarlane version.

Looks good, I have the NECA version I will swap with the plastic one. Also have the Killers figure I was going to swap with the other plastic. Have an extra Killers figure if someone wants to buy it. 9EB61091-B9E3-4669-9106-D3F6E82C1D7C (resized).jpeg

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Flick of the switch.

Congrats! That's a hell of a first NIB game.

3 months later
#2247 1 year ago

I think it’s a bunch of BS that all these new games are requiring tweaks to the manual and auto plungers. I’ve also played many a MET where the ball has a hard time even getting to the pops. It’s a shit design and they really need to address it. I love my Stern games but man this shit is irritating.

4 months later
#3469 1 year ago

No offense to those who have it, but pretty boring topper IMO. Should be a moving Eddie and Beast battling or something better than Aces High. That’s already portrayed in the mode and on the cabinet too right? See AFMLE!

#3523 1 year ago

I have 2 Eddie figures for sale, Piece of Mind and Killers. Thought I was going to be buying this game but have changed my mind. Both are mint, NIB, $65 total including shipping in the US only. 8584191D-C67B-4650-88D4-46367366183B (resized).jpegED7D174F-0E4A-40FE-B8DC-BB83D29A213B (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#4706 1 year ago

I am going to be joining the club! Should get it next week sometime. I’ve read through a lot of the posts in this thread plus the Iron Maiden issues thread and wondering if I should plan on changing the coil for the auto plunge. Has that been the universal fix for auto plunge issues? Also, would it be a good idea to get the corner braces for this game or do the newer production runs have them? I’m not worried too much about aesthetic mods at this point, I just want to get my game dialed in ASAP after receiving it. What’s the best pitch this game should be at? Also, is the loop adjuster kit really necessary? It’s suppose to correct for really fast balls through the loop...Thanks, looking forward to exploring this game in much more depth.

#4713 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Auto launch coil change will become necessary, but maybe not at the beginning
Corner braces are a good idea. Not that hard, and I put up a step-by-step how-to here
Loop adjuster, wait and see. Some machines don't have this problem.
Definitely get a shaker motor ASAP. The game makes very good use of them, and it's only about $100.

I can’t believe Stern has not installed better corner braces on these games. I thought they changed that shit.

1 week later
#4761 1 year ago

I own a pro and was hoping someone on here could produce some apron cards that have the premium translight on one with rules and another with the LE translite and game designers on it for the other? OR can someone tell me the software you guys are using to design my own? Thanks!

#4799 1 year ago

Yeah that would be the ultimate 2 minutes to midnight madness. DO IT STERN!!

#4813 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just installed the IMDN loop adjuster kit and wow what a difference it made. My loop shot from the top right flipper was probably registering 60% of the time roughly and after i put it on tonight i hit the loop at least 25 times and it counted every single one of them. I cannot recommend this product enough for people who are having loops that don't register.
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

For those that have installed this. The kit came with 2 of the opto receiver covers so I changed both. One in the lower left part of the loop and the upper right leaving he loop. Is this correct?

#4821 1 year ago

Another mod question. Has anybody installed the backboard lighting kit from Cointaker? I have the LED’s in place and the cord end doesn’t plug into anything on the board behind the speaker panel. See pictures below, but the male end of the cord from the LED strip doesn’t match any connector on that board. E3B84FBC-025D-4F78-9706-91EB9E61FC02 (resized).jpeg3330574F-D7A4-4B4D-9FF5-7D33E25765B3 (resized).jpeg

#4825 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That connector is for the wrong game, won’t fit your game. Which mod did you buy?

Cointaker backboard lighting kit. I believe it needs the 12 volts and that 3 pin connector. I’ll contact Melissa, she is awesome.

2 weeks later
#4982 1 year ago

I like most of the tunes except Run to the Hills, I wish I could change only that tune to a Megadeth song, like Peace Sells or Wake Up Dead. Anybody do this for me by chance?

#4989 1 year ago

Are all the songs used in modes?

1 week later
#5026 11 months ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hi All,
Was noticing just a bit of wear from the trough eject. By default, this is set to the maximum of 255 which really slams the ball into the shooter lane. I lowered feature #77 to the minimum value accepted 176 and it still loads great without the excessive slamming into the channel.
I can't think of any reason to keep it at 255, so save some wear and reduce this number if you haven't already.
Cheers!
Mike

I have had the opposite experience. The ball occasionally gets stuck right at the eject lip to the shooter lane. I lowered the power at first, noticed the ball getting stuck and have raised it up more but still seems to get stuck every once in a while. Does anybody know if there is an adjustment there? I’ll probably increase the power to max but I’ll have to see if I can adjust something there so I don’t have to use full power.

3 weeks later
#5188 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm assuming you mean this thing:
[quoted image]
I can't see how you'd need something like this. The inner loop is a tight and tough shot. If you don't hit it perfectly, the ball won't go around, no matter how many mods you stick in the game. Once you get that shot down, it goes way smoother. I've nailed I think 6 in a row until the spinner f'ed up the return. I nail two or three in a row almost every game, and I'm mod-free!
IMHO, no one needs these mods. It took me 15 minutes to fix my opto issue.

How did you fix the opto issue?

#5250 10 months ago

How does that protector get installed? Is this for all models pro and premium?

1 week later
#5348 10 months ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

A very good player pointed out to me that hitting the center shot with the right flipper seemed too easy on my Pro machine. He noticed that the right flipper was slightly higher when in the up position compared to the left flipper, but perfectly aligned when not raised. The problem was one of the coil stop bolt heads was sheared off causing the coil to be misaligned.
Now that the problem is fixed, hitting that center shot with the right flipper is MUCH harder.
Is this normal? Thanks!

Are the tips of the flippers lined up to the dots/small holes on the playfield? That is the correct position for each one and I find hitting the center shot on either flipper pretty easy.

1 month later
#5635 8 months ago

Get one of the NECA figures, looks better IMO.

4 weeks later
#5747 7 months ago

I have the underworld scoop illumination mod for the premium or LE from Cointaker that I’m not using since I have the pro. $20 shipped. Thanks.

1 month later
#5840 6 months ago

I’m still on 1.05. I need to update to 1.06 but I was trying to understand all the rules before I updated.

#5848 6 months ago

I’m trying to update code from 1.05 to 1.06 and shortly after starting the update it stops and says failure to unpack file and there is also Spanish and English text prompts? Doesn’t seem right, should I be changing any of the dip switch setting before starting the update?

#5850 6 months ago

I’ll try that. How do I re-image on a new SD card? Stern warranty thing?

#5875 6 months ago

Are the speaker light kits interactive with game or do you have to use the remote?

1 month later
#6132 4 months ago

^^^Same here. I have the metal protector but haven’t installed it yet. Not sure if I need to remove the mylar first as it might not stick too well if the mylar is there. Home use only so the mylar back there on mine isn’t chewed up, yet.

1 week later
#6196 4 months ago

Someone should do another EDDIE face on a acrylic that’s not on the playfield. The first Iron Maiden album with young Eddie would look pretty sick! Do it speakerlightkits.com!

1 week later
#6253 3 months ago

I lowered my slingshots to 25 and like the way it plays. It’s your own preference of course, so play around with it.

3 weeks later
#6386 3 months ago

I got my auto launch almost perfect, haven’t had a missed loop yet! I bought the higher coil and it doesn’t need it. All I did on my game, was to not tighten the hex bolt at the end of the guide rail to the playfield. It was left just a little loose to not tweak the rails natural position when otherwise tightened to the playfield changes it just a little. Worked for me.

2 weeks later
#6471 74 days ago

Look it’s leg less Eddie! Why do you guys cut the legs off? I have the same figure and I have him positioned on his knees leaning over the ramp wire form.

#6473 74 days ago

My bad, that camera angle looks like he has no legs. I have seen some leg less ones tho. The lit up eyes look awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yuriijos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside