(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,598 posts
  • 480 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by Bohdi
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4247 (resized).JPG
1AC9993D-37DF-42CB-BDB7-F94A7BEFAF83 (resized).jpeg
20190518_110546 (resized).jpg
Playfield low (resized).jpg
ulat_rev_a (resized).jpg
05F2C8BE-B441-4A6C-BD7A-3333B077EA46 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190509_181454 (resized).jpg
IMDN.upgrade.kit (resized).jpg
SPIKE.accessory.panel (resized).jpg
0993E3EB-BA93-481D-87E8-52B9D02DF2A0 (resized).jpeg
IMDN.Sarcophagus.lock.cu (resized).jpg
IMDN.plastics.protectors.set (resized).jpg
ED55B6D6-D343-46A6-91B2-6EF0C5947A69 (resized).jpeg
1E50DA68-16BE-4E9F-A3BB-67893DBD2963 (resized).jpeg
DSC04143 (resized).JPG
DSC04144 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (1 year ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (8 months ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (7 months ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (5 months ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (28 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3061 5 months ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

My premium is due in later today! Can’t wait.
What is the vinyl record/cassette?

Delivered today as well. Just finished a couple hours ago setting it up.

Its rainin' Maiden hallelujah!

Opening the box kinda felt like that scene in Creep Show when the sarcophagus is being uncrated by the nerdy college dude.

Few more small mods to go but shes already looking good.

20181130_143846 (resized).jpg20181130_144335 (resized).jpg20181130_150307 (resized).jpg20181130_181411 (resized).jpg20181130_181316 (resized).jpg
#3066 5 months ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

You're going to love it. Where did you find those flipper toppers?

Thanks. Just play testing the machine before bed was a blast.

I found those flipper toppers in the pinside market.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/01813-hieroglyphics-flipper-bat-topper-mods-for-iron-maiden

#3067 5 months ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Looks good, I’m loving mine! Waiting for more mods to ship and on the hunt for a few more things.

Same here. Waiting on Virelands lens tree mod, and a shaker motor (rev. C) specifically, along with a couple other small mods.

#3092 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

USPS tried to deliver today, but couldn't because there was no secure location? I just PMed you tracking so you can follow up.

Thanks Vireland. Guess the box wouldn't fit in our mail box, so it was sitting at the post office. It's installed now and it is better than I expected.

I installed a shaker. The force feed back is awesome. It helps me know when objectives are completed. Also, I love the rumble when the tomb opens, it feels like the ground is shaking as it rises.

Tomb torches and obelisk cover from mezel mods add a very nice touch with minimal effort required. Wish I had a pic with the torches lit.

20181205_192954 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3343 5 months ago

Thank you Vireland with Pin Monk. Just installed fireball loop lens' and its rad. Install was fairly easy, took about 15 minutes.

20181221_170458 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3668 4 months ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Here you go all done - https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/iron-maiden-truecolor-pop-bumper-plastic-protectors
Of course one of my pop bumper light boards is out atm so only 2 are lit up in the pic
[quoted image]

Thats how mine is. It lights during gameplay.

2 months later
#4091 61 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

That's exactly what they are doing to me so far. Looked like that out of the box, it's a joke.

Inserts also look like they are rising a little.

I would assume between that, the warp and excessive grain Stern would send you a repopulated playfield like they did with my GB.

#4105 61 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Thanks! It's cool on the Pro, but the MOTION on the Premium/LE lock makes the 3D Anubis really pop. I can watch it over and over. The pre-order list is already long, and that's great! Should be shipping them in about two weeks. I've been printing for a while already on all my machines at once, but since it's a small extruder with small layer height for very nice detail, the daily yield is small.
I eventually want to get most or all of that back into 3D like it should have been for the Prem/LE from the start, but I'll tackle it piece by piece and see how it goes. Working on the next piece now.

Can you please put me down for one as well?

#4107 61 days ago
Quoted from Maken:

Just heard back from Chas and for the first time I am somewhat optimistic, as he said "hopefully we will have good news for you soon".
This is the first promising sign so far!

Thats good news.

Thinking back on it, my GB playfield took about a couple months from my first complaint before I finally recieved the new one.

Be persistant. I don't see how they could justify not sending you a new playfield with that kind of warp.

#4118 60 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The warp that playfield has will adversely affect game play because it will never be level at the flippers (without drastic measure). I had the exact same kind of warp on my Metallica premium back in 2015 and Stern did replace the playfield. In my case I had already owned the game 8 months before I realized the issue. It took about 5 months before Stern agreed it was warped and the distributor (Starburst at the time) had to be involved as well. I sent a message to John Borg and he signed my playfield before it was shipped back.
Try to take pictures with a straight edge on the playfield showing the warp. The playfield not sitting flush in the receiver may not be enough - it wasn't in my case. Stern also rebuilt my new playfield from the old playfield parts because at the time they had not been running Metallica Premiums for quite a while.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. Hence why I couldn't imagine Stern not replacing it under warranty. You can see in the pic when its in the service position, the left playfield support doesnt even touch the lock bar. Not sure how that even gets by CQ.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Columbia, MD
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 26.50
$ 24.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmancat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside