(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5117 4 years ago

Might be joining the club with a premium.

Wondering if any has powder coated, and could share a photo. I saw one on a bronze/gold that looked pretty cool.

Also thinking about installing the pyramid themed side blades, and was hoping to see a photo of that installed.

Cheers

#5156 4 years ago

Guess I have to join the club now!

IMG_20190809_220338 (resized).jpgIMG_20190809_220338 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5224 4 years ago

I've played a bunch of times at friend's houses and location, but after picking up a beautiful Premium yesterday and playing it at home the way I like to set up my games, I'm blown away!

This game is F'ng awesome!!!

Maybe the most fun I've ever had playing a game on day one at home! Now I'm even more stoked to get my Jurassic! Elwin is the new king of pinball!

Quick question... What were the factory settings for the outlane posts? Right now mine is set in the middle for the left, and the top for the right.

#5232 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I installed the Pharoah protector day one. I was already placing an order and the protector was $15 so why not? High impact area. Easy install. Not noticeable once installed. Cant hurt.

Where do you get the protector?

#5237 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Email [email protected] with your serial number.
The protector to protect the orbit drop off from the center ramp is part number: 502-7087-00
It works well. Easy to install.

Are they sending them at their cost?

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Email [email protected] with your serial number.
The protector to protect the orbit drop off from the center ramp is part number: 502-7087-00
It works well. Easy to install.

Chas got back to me and said that part is the orbit protector?!?!

Is that the same thing?

#5247 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There are two separate conversations going on. One about the Pharoah protector from mezel, the other the metal orbit protector from more recent stern runs.

Ok, so knowing that, I should probably get both?

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Very easy to install. You peel part of the backing off, align it to the up post and press down. Pull the rest of the backing off and stick the rest of it down. Took about 1 minute.

I have a pro, but would assume this is for all models. Chas @ Stern can let you know for sure if you email them.

Should all be the same, as I'm getting a protector sent for my premium.

For the Pharaoh protector though, what is involved in that installation?

#5258 4 years ago

Just had a pretty good game where I got to Cyborb MB and 2 Minutes To Midnight. Had no idea what to do when I got there. Is that the mini-wizard?

Also, how is the shaker in this game? Worth getting one?

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Cyborg MB
You need to complete the pyramid by making one each of ramp, orbit, spinner, target and pops. Once that is done hit the Jackpot (mystery) target. This will add a ball and give you another ballsaver the first 2/3 times you do so.
To complete Cyborg Eddie and get the Lv2 card you need to collect 5 Jackpot.
2Minutes to Madness
After completing the 5 standard modes you play 2mtM.
5 Shots are lit (lower spinner, leftr ramp, centre/left orbit, right ramp and right orbit. Each is attributed a percentage of the value of the mode when you completed it.
You start with a short ballsave. You have 2 minutes to play this mode, but can be extended by hitting the standup targets normally used for playfield multiplier.
Once you make all 5 shots, they relight and the Super Jackpot is lit at the upper deadend lane.
To complete the Eddie and collect the Lv2 card, you need to collect all 5 shots, then collect them again, then (and only then) collect the Super.
I'd say that Defeat the Beast (lit by collecting all 4 Eddies) is the mini wizard mode. That would make Cyborg and 2mtM micro wizard modes?

Oh wow! I think I'm going to have to spend some time reading the game rules.

I'll say this though... Now that I've had a taste of Maiden, not sure I'm going to need this Metallica!

#5281 4 years ago

Fuck this game is awesome!!!!!!

Why do I even need these other pinball machines anymore?!?!

#5286 4 years ago

I think we're good...

IMG_20190822_214450 (resized).jpgIMG_20190822_214450 (resized).jpg
#5322 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

After a few shots of absolute... I managed this on 1st ball ... it was work..rookie numbers lol[quoted image]

Wowsers! What is your game levelled at? I seem to get uncontrollable drains out of the pops and off the slings.

Also, anyone else have an issue where the second ball that gets fed into the sarcophagus, just rolls off the side and over to the small flipper?

#5324 4 years ago
Quoted from Brootull:

Only one ball locks in the sarcophagus at a time. If playing more than a one player game any additional locks will roll off the top of the sarcophagus and to the upper flipper.

I've had it happen during a single player game.

#5352 4 years ago

One of the coolest bands! Wasn't a fan before getting the game, but now I'm all in!

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/edmonton/2019/8/29/1_4571528.html

#5359 4 years ago

I'm a little confused on what needs to be done during Mummy MB to earn the mummy card.

Can anyone shed some light or send a link to a rule sheet that explains it.

Thanks!

#5364 4 years ago

Any tips on completing Mummy MB? I have been able to get the other 3 cards, but for some reason, I just can't get Mummy. I find it difficult because if I'm trying to trap a ball with the left flipper, I can't make the orbit because the little flipper us up.

Thanks!

#5367 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Stage your flippers. You should be able to hold the flipper button in ~halfway to trap a ball while keeping the upper flipper down.

Awesome, thanks!

How have I gone this long without this skill?!?!?

BEAST... Here I come!!!!

#5374 4 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Must be full moon or something. I just got my best score this morning also! Got Cyborg multiball for the second time as well, and one extra ball![quoted image]

Wicked score! What's the strategy to get big points? I consistently get Cyborg, but my average score is like 300M.

I was one Mummy shot away from lighting Beast, and I think that game was like 520M.

#5376 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the Cliffy on the scoop under the ramp on Prem/LE?

Just wondering what's involved.

#5378 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Quick strategy tips are:
1. Light revive immediately
2. Focus on loops
3. When you get PF multiplier make sure you only cash it in when you are ready to score big. Only cash it in when you have loop jackpot ready, or running FOTD or Hallowed modes. Also watch your Power Jackpot, once it hits a healthy number cash in the multiplier and then collect.

Newb question... How do you cash in?

#5386 4 years ago

About to install a Cliffy on the opening under the ramp.

Does the ramp need to come off? Do I have to remove or unscrew anything to get it in?

#5390 4 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Fast forward to 5:40 in the video :

Do you think I can get the protector in by just removing the ramp?

#5396 4 years ago

Finally put up a new GC (700M) after figuring out how to use the pf multiplier a bit.

Now, if I could just figure out how to complete Mummy MB!

#5398 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I went from.never having earned a mummy last week to earning one often. Once you get the hang of it and realize your progress continues on your next mummy mb it's pretty simple.
X amount of switch hits then the captive ball until mummy is collected again. Either shoot for the spinner then the captive ball or play how you are used to but remember to keep an eye on and hit the captive ball when possible.
Whatever letters you collect will still be lit when you make it back into mummy mb.

I think I've spelled MUMM once.

I can get to 2M2M more easily, so definitely need a new strategy.

Such an awesome game though!

#5407 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What art blades do you have? I have the Stern ones which are very similar to yours but no tanks or jetpacks. Pre battle art blades? Here is a poor picture of mine at a similar angle.
[quoted image]

Can you post a pic of the blades from an angle where most of it can be seen.

Was thinking to order a set.

#5410 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Here is what they look like on the game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet, thanks brother!

#5411 4 years ago

Installed Cliffys last night, but that protector under the ramp was impossible to get on.

I unscrewed the scoop mech to give myself some room, but I could not get it under the metal guides.

I tried working it in gingerly as per Supernova's video, but ended up bending the crap out of it and tossed it in the garbage.

Anyone have any luck getting this installed without taking out the ball guides?

Thinking I might just put some mylar down to cover the edges.

#5413 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

It was a little tricky to get in and took some extra patience for sure but i managed mine. I followed the same vid guide i believe.

How the heck did you get it under the guides that stick out and direct the ball to the hole?

They are pretty much flush to the pf.

#5415 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Think i backed off the screws to the guides a little bit from memory, not all of them, just the couple that are at the back. This definitely helped but it still took me a while to pop the protector in there. This being my first NIB i was being super bloody careful not to scratch the PF with the edges of the Cliffy.

I couldn't find the where the guides we're bolted into. Way too much going on under there.

Anyone have a photo showing what to remove to get the guides up a bit?

#5417 4 years ago

Had a weird thing happen. Had the pf raised up, and when I put it back down and started game, the left flipper would not fire. The upper left however, did.

I raise the pf up slightly, and the lower left flipper starts working.

Any idea what this might be?

#5438 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Loose connection? Something resting on the flipper button? Does the flipper button register when pressed with the PF down in switch test mode? If so, that eliminates the flipper switch as a potential problem. I'd check that first.

Looks fine in the switch test (goes on and off when pressed and released).

However, during my game today (as I was climbing to me GC!!!) the left flipper junk crapped out. I hit the cabinet/button hard, and it seemed to flip but a standard press did not work.

Any idea what this could be?

#5443 4 years ago

Here's a short video of the flipper issue I'm having.

Also checked gap on all switches, and everything looks fine.

Strange how I lift the pf and it works. Then sometimes when I lower it, it doesn't.

Checked to see if anything is being touched or pressed when the pf is lowered, but couldn't find anything.

Also, here are some pics.

Couple questions:

On second photo, what is that screw hole for, and in the upper right flipper I noticed some brown marks (burn?) on the lugs.

Thanks!

IMG_20190913_105907 (resized).jpgIMG_20190913_105907 (resized).jpgIMG_20190913_105921 (resized).jpgIMG_20190913_105921 (resized).jpgIMG_20190913_111259 (resized).jpgIMG_20190913_111259 (resized).jpg
#5445 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It should have a washer and small screw to prevent the button collar from backing off.

Any chance you could take a pic for me?

#5448 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it looks like the insulation is rubbed off on the control line.

What do you mean by that? Can you explain a bit more?

Also, this is the upper right flipper. Do the lugs look ok? And could this be impacting the left lower flipper? I did hear this top right flipper making a slightly louder sound when flipping it, but it has gone away.

And finally, I took the under-ramp scoop out when trying to install the cliffy. Could something have come lose on that while it was dangling under the pf that would affect the flippers?

As far as I can recall I was not having flipper issues prior to this.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20190913-165807 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190913-165807 (resized).png
1 week later
#5513 4 years ago

Having an issue with my auto-launch not making the full loop.

Half the time, the ball goes off the post, or hits the little upper left flipper.

Any suggestions on how to get it making the full loop consistently?

#5517 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What is the coil upgrade? I searched and found someone trying different coils for auto launch, but no report if it helped out.
Thanks

Curious to know as well.

when I first brought the game home and set it up it was making the shot almost 100% of the time. then I had to move it and cannot seem to find that sweet spot again. Now half of the launches bounce off the post or the flipper.

#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

For me it took three things to get it working reliably:
1. The coil upgrade (see earlier post).
2. Added a flat washer and lock washer to the adjustment screw at the end of the ball guide. I haven't seen much discussion of this on here but before I did this it would work for a few days then loosen up and stop working again.
3. Adjust the angle at end of the launcher ball guide and/or mess with the launcher coil strength in settings until it is working well (both manual and auto plunge). Tighten the screw.

Can't find the coil upgrade post. Anyone have a link?

I'm assuming cool upgrade is stronger?!?!

2 weeks later
#5576 4 years ago

I played a Maiden at my distributor this past week, and now I feel like there is something off on my game.

Hit the target (off ramp) on the fly is pretty much impossible. Trapping the all and hitting it from the left flipper works, but rarely from the right.

The Pro model I played felt way snappier, and I felt like I could make that ramp more easily.

Any suggestions?

#5579 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I believe he is referring to the center ramp and target. There are no other ramps with targets.

I would make sure your flippers have adequate gap from the bushings. Use an actual flipper gap tool. Also make sure they are aligned properly (holes in play field as a guide). Lastly, check the EOS switches and make sure they aren’t getting activated too early. They should open at the end of the flipper stroke.
That center ramp is also a bit easier from the key flipper on my machine, but I can still make it all day from a cradle on the right flipper.

Yup, center ramp.

So there should be a little play up and down on the flipper?

Also, should the switch open at the very end up the stroke, and would this apply to upper flippers as well? Don't want to mess it up so that I can stage the flippers.

Thanks!

#5581 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your playfield pitch at?

6.5 with a digital level in the middle of the pf, but bubble is just above top line on the factory level.

3 weeks later
#5669 4 years ago

Not sure what happened, but I was getting the Trooper card almost every game, and now I haven't been able to collect it in like a week!

Am I overthinking it? What's the best strategy to get the SJP?

I've had a couple of games now where Trooper is the only thing standing between me and Number of the Beast, so it's kind of sucking hard that I can't get it!

#5671 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I seem to have the best success hitting the super jackpot with a "late" left flipper shot to the center ramp so it deflects off the right outside into the lane and hits the target. I can do it in just a few tries (and there are many when you're in Trooper multiball).

Maybe I wasn't asking clearly. My issue is I can't even figure out how to light or collect the SJP for Trooper.

I thought I did it by hitting a few blue shots before, bit now I'm lost.

Read the rule sheet, but still wasn't clear on it. Sounds like you got the drops twice and it's ready to collect, but did that, and nothing.

#5677 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

You have to collect 3 jackpots in order to light the super. The obvious way to collect them is to hit the lit shots, but if you clear the drops during multiball then hit the bullseye target it will collect 1-3 jackpots depending on the accuracy of your shot.

By clear the drops, do you mean sweeping, or just getting all three down over more than one shot?

Pretty sure I did the latter twice during Trooper today, and I didn't get SJP lit at the center ramp.

Also, how many lit shots do you need? I usually hot 3-4 blue shots.

I just find the objectives to the MB to be unclear. All the other modes/goals in the game are very clear, but I'm just not getting Trooper.

#5679 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

When Trooper MB starts go for the three drops right away when the post releases them at the start. Then shoot the Center ramp once that's lit. Then the super should be lit on the upper right. Just concentrate on hitting that with either of the left flippers.

Upper right?

#5682 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That's an odd choice of camera angle to show the super jackpot. You don't even have the target in frame lol.
As soon as I get my add a ball I focus on the super and just let balls drain until the ball save is over or I hit my target.[quoted image]

I just got it... I hit the stand ups, but then I couldn't get that right shot. Never really hit it that often. Not sure if it's my game, or generally a super tough shot
Then I just went for lit shots, and eventually collected it.

If you go for lit shots rather than the drop targets, how many do you have to hit to light the SJP?

#5684 4 years ago

Very first ball... Probably the best ball I've had on this game.

And then... Drain, drain, drain!

Had Cyborg and 2M2M collected. One shot away from Mummy, and missing Trooper as usual.

IMG_20191111_014208 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_014208 (resized).jpg
#5690 4 years ago

Little observation as I'm looking into why the power in my flippers seem to be off when hitting that centre ramp shot.

The bumper pad (part 545-5428-00) is different than in any of my other Stern games. The pad usually has a cone shaped tip, but the one installed on my Maiden is thinner and flat, making it much easier to install, but definitely feels more flimsy.

Is this some sort of corner cutting that Stern has done recently, or is this a bumper pad specific to this game (seems unlikely).

I have some extra pads (with the cones) but wasn't sure if I should install them since the game is using different ones. Metallica uses the same flipper mechs as Maiden, and in the extra assembly I have, it has the cone pad installed.

Also, any tips on installing those pads? I did replace them on another game, and I remember it was like fitting an elephant through the eye of a needle!

#5691 4 years ago

Replaced these flimsy pads that Stern put in, with proper cone shaped thicker ones, and on my first game I was right at Number of the Beast. Just had to time out the last 20 seconds of 2M2M!

Sooooooo close!

IMG_20191111_233814 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_233814 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_233915 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_233915 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_232128 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_232128 (resized).jpg
#5695 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Where do these go? Can you feel a difference in game play?

I feel like it plays slightly less "clanky", which makes sense since the other rubber pads are more flimsy and shift.

Not sure why Stern made this change. None of my other Stern games have these. I still have to replace the upper flippers.

#5697 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just shows the lengths Gary will go to save pennies.

It's crazy! There cost is probably $0.05 per rubber or less. The "cheap" one was already looking pretty battered on a game that has been lightly played.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5700 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wonder if this is the cause of the "clunking" on the upper right flipper. I basically thought it was because the assembly was very close to the cabinet and it's echoing, but these could be a contributing factor. I might change them and see if it stops that too.

I have that exact same issue on the upper right. I'll try to get it replaced this week and report back.

I'm feel like the thicker, sturdier rubber pad not only dampens the sound a bit, bit also makes flipping less clunky, possibly even snappier.

Give it a try and let me know if you agree.

#5702 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty much all Iron Maiden have it, but it comes and goes. I chalked it up to just being too close to the cabinet, causing an echo, but now I'm thinking the pad being cheaped out on (which I didn't even realize) is the main reason.

Comes and goes part is a bit strange, as if something is changing. If it is the pad, perhaps because it's not firmly in place, as it rotates, maybe the dampening changes. Just a thought.

But check under your game first. I checked with two friends (one with a Premium and one with a Pro) and both games had the proper, thicker pads.

I'm not sure why my game has the cheap ones, but I did have the best game I've ever had right after putting the news one in... Coincidence??? Who knows!

#5708 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It may change it a touch, I'll try to get to my game and see what is in it. I keep spare flipper brackets and rubber stops on hand for our games. I attached a picture of how thick the thicker rubber is against a new flipper bracket assembly.[quoted image]

Did your game have the flat base (thinner, cheaper) pads, or the cone base?

Now I'm curious to know how many games got these cheap pads, since the two friends I checked with had the correct (cone) ones.

#5711 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Mine has cones. The flat one looks like the stop for my trough coil though. I'm thinking maybe yours was an error?

You might be right. Let's hear back from a few more people to determine.

Pretty crappy Stern error otherwise.

#5716 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just checked my Premium and it has the flat ones.

Interesting... So I'm not the only one (or crazy!).

Why Stern did this, we may never know, but I think switching to the cone pads is the way to go.

#5721 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same difference as increasing the rubber stop, essentially. You just slowed down the linkage return speed by stretching out the spring so it was weaker, which decreased the velocity as it came back to the thin rubber stop. With a thicker stop that may solve the problem without stretching the spring.

That makes a lot of sense. I will hopefully get some time over the weekend to switch over the rubber pads on the upper flippers to see if it improves or cancels out the clunkiness.

I only had one game with the lower flippers changed over, and that was my GC and one shot away from NOTB!

1 month later
#5879 4 years ago

So I'm lost here... When I first got the game, I was getting the Trooper card nearly every game. The MB would start, and somehow I'd hit enough things to qualify it.

Now, it seems to be the one card I am always missing. I start Trooper MB, clear the drops, collect the SJP from the centre ramp shot, and then just try to hit a bunch of the blue shots. Do I have to get every single on of them?

#5886 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I find it way more consistent to hit the super jackpot with the lower left flipper making a shot just wide of the center ramp that deflects in off the post, especially when it's hectic in multiball.

So the SJP is the loop with the deadend that you can hit from upper left flipper?

Funny how I was collecting this with ease until I started thinking about it!

#5889 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. It's the next passage to the right of the center ramp.

Do you save your progress the same way Mummy MB works?

1 week later
#5912 4 years ago

Try accomplishing this! Both upper flippers stopped working during a game. Pulled the pf up and wires were cleanly snapped off both flipper coils. It even took the lug with it!

My game is still under warranty. Should Stern be responsible for sending new coils to me?

IMG-20200118-WA0003 (resized).jpgIMG-20200118-WA0003 (resized).jpgIMG-20200118-WA0005 (resized).jpgIMG-20200118-WA0005 (resized).jpg
#5913 4 years ago

One other question... I'm going to be replacing the left flipper switch. This is the matching part from PBL, but it has capacitors soldered on the ends.

Anyone know if I can use these, and just desolder the capacitors?

IMG_20200118_212551 (resized).jpgIMG_20200118_212551 (resized).jpg

#5917 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Looks like the coil lug came right off the coil. Def gonna want new coils, put new coil stops in too while you're at it.

Quoted from Thunder90:

Didn't see that! Well that's definitely warranty material. How strange..

Crazy, right? Both snapped off the same game. First the left went, and figured I'd see what I could do without it since I was having a good game. Next ball, the right flipper goes!

I'm in Canada, so getting parts usually involves me having to buy from the US and pay exorbitant shipping and duties.

Hoping Stern will send me some out. I plan to replace all coil stops, and also the rubber pads, as they put the wrong ones on my game.

2 weeks later
#5999 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get replacement screws for the center ramp.

Stern says they are #6X ½” Phillips pan head, but all my searches seem to come up with totally different screws.

#6007 4 years ago

Wifey helped me put in the new blades tonight. Really digging them!

Also, can someone help me find these screw replacements online?

IMG_20200204_210012 (resized).jpgIMG_20200204_210012 (resized).jpgIMG_20200204_210238 (resized).jpgIMG_20200204_210238 (resized).jpg
#6043 4 years ago

I bought the fix kit from Pinball Life that I believe has an opto and stuck ball fix.

No instructions on how to install.

Wondering if anyone has done it and can possibly take a photo.

Thanks!

1 week later
#6071 4 years ago

Probably the best first ball I've had yet. Not score-wise, but progress definitely.

Got Mummy card, one orbit shot away from Cyborg, and about to start fifth mode.

I had to go out, so I'll finish the game when I get back, but my main obstacle now is the Trooper card.

I'm pretty confident I will get 2M2M, so only card that stands between me and NOTB is Trooper.

How do you go about lighting it again the second time around? I collected the jackpot up the center ramp after clearing the stand ups the first time around. Is that progress saved if I start it again?

I have no idea why I struggle with this mode so much. I usually hit that center jackpot and then I hit all of the lit targets except for one or two.

There are other times I have played it and I seem to collect the card within about 10 to 15 seconds. I definitely don't think I am hitting all the shots in that time, so I'm really confused as to how I do this card.

MVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpg

#6072 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Probably the best first ball, I've had yet. No score-wise, but progress.
Got Mummy card, one orbit shot away from Cyborg, and about to start fifth mode.
I had to go out, so I'll finish the game when I get back, but my main obstacle now isthe Trooper card.
I'm pretty confident I will get 2M2M, so only card that stands between me and NOTB is Trooper.
How do you go about lighting it again the second time around? I collected the jackpot up the center ramp after clearing the stand ups the first time around. Is that progress saved if I start it again?
I have no idea why I struggle with this mode so much. I usually hit that center jackpot and then I hit all of the lit targets except for one or two.
there are other times I have played it and I seem to collect the card within about 10 to 15 seconds. I definitely don't think I am hitting all the shots in that time. so I'm really confused as to how I do this card.

MVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpg
#6074 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

All you need to do for Trooper card is hit the SUPER JACKPOT shot after a few regular jacks. The super jack is the little dead end shot with the upper left flipper. Or you can hit it with the lower left flipper too.

How many jackpots before the colours change?

#6076 4 years ago

What the F!!!!!!

I felt like flipping the machine!

First ball, and end of game shown...

IMG_20200216_233025 (resized).jpgIMG_20200216_233025 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200216_151316 (resized).jpg
#6078 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

1up at 1212am [quoted image]

Holy shit! How do you get a score like that on ball 2?

#6082 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

That was my score after ball 1 Had a good cyborg at 378mill that game, got the level 2 card even.

Even with the cyborg, there's still like 600M points you picked up. What else were you doing to get that?

Did you get to NOTB? And what was your final score?

#6084 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I have not made it to NOTB yet, I've had 3 cards lit a bunch of times but choked
I don't have a ton of time on the game yet, but the key is alot of practice, full knowledge of the entire ruleset and for Maiden in particular I think being able to nail the left and right ramps consistently really helps you progress
Ended up with like 1.2bill and died with 2mtm open and ready. I did get Can I play with madness mode that game.

What's your GC? I had all cards lit recently, and just needed to time out 2M2M to start NOTB, and I drained with like 20 seconds to go.

But even there, my score was just over 900M.

#6087 4 years ago

Just had a quick game of this and realized that every time I play it I seem to appreciate it more. Not a lot of games feel that way.

As a guy who is a hardcore old school hip hop fan, it's amazing how much appreciation for this genre of music I got when I started playing this game. I've even been to an Iron Maiden concert! Haha

Now maybe if they one day made a Wu-Tang clan pinball machine, some of you would grow and appreciation for that genre

But this game is just amazing from every respect. Only other game that I feel brings this sort of adrenaline is the walking dead but then it falls short in so many areas that Iron Maiden does perfectly well!

Pinball is great!

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

No. When I get a game it's set on factory settings to start with. If I find that too easy, or too little of a challenge, outlanes are widened, rubbers removed from outlanes, extra balls turned off, slingshot sensitivity increased, etc. etc.
I've achieved Valinor on a machine with no rubbers on outlanes and extra balls turned off.
Why do people always assume that just because they can't get to any particular Wizard Mode, others who can must be cheating or it's done on an easily set-up machine?

I think it's because they've never seen anything like it. Go on YouTube, and you can see the best in the world playing to Valinor, but rubbers are on and so are extra balls. They also don't get there easily, and usually get to it right before their last balls are running out.

Do you compete? It sounds like you could play with the best in the world.

#6115 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Yes he does, and he does it well.

What's his rating? Don't know of anyone else topping his scores and achievements, so curious to know where he'd rank against some of the greats.

#6155 4 years ago

If someone gets a chance, can you take a photo of the position of your upper flippers. Want to see if they're aligned with the toothpick hole, or slightly off.

Thanks in advance

#6157 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

will these do?[quoted image][quoted image]

Are the flippers aligned with the holes? Like the center of the flipper tip it lined up with the hole?

And was it like that from the factory?

#6160 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'd say they are centered over the holes. I am the second owner of this pin so I cant say for sure if they have been removed at any time.

Thanks for the pics on this

Can anyone else confirm?

#6162 4 years ago

Is it just me or do these seem to be off?

IMG_20200226_000420 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_000420 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_000433 (resized).jpgIMG_20200226_000433 (resized).jpg
#6165 4 years ago

Number of the Beast reached!!!

Was so excited I called my wife to see (she's sweet, she actually pretended to care).

Unfortunately I think I made one shot and got 3 million for the mode! YIKES!!!

Although I didn't see much of it, I have to say it's a bit lackluster now that we see what Keith can do with JP.

Having single ball and a LOT of shots to hit makes it feel like a regular mode, not a final wizard.

Really hope sk8ball revisits this. I think he's made JP one of the greatest games ever, and probably the best wizard modes in all of pinball. Hoping he brings Maiden up to that level.

#6175 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Congrats! It’s actually a really cool mode. I wish we had the option as a 1-ball mini mode battle for head to head multiplayer *cough* JP *cough*. But, I felt same way you did first couple times, I just didn’t understand what to do at first and would drain before I understood it. That said, I’ve battled the beast approx 5-6 times and the last time I did it I had an absolute blast and got him down to 3 HP, so close!

I just wish it had more balls so the mode would last long enough to appreciate it, sort of like LMS in TWD. I'm not sure when I'll see NOTB again, so wish my memory of it was better.

Seeing what Keith did with JP, I could see myself wanting to play again to see it (although I know I can cheat it and hold both flippers to access it).

#6185 4 years ago

Ball 1, and then... DRAIN, DRAIN, DRAIN!
IMG_20200301_223632 (resized).jpgIMG_20200301_223632 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#7085 3 years ago

NOTB!

IMG_20200731_223554 (resized).jpgIMG_20200731_223554 (resized).jpg
#7095 3 years ago

Anyone else feel that the NOTB wizard mode could be more exciting? Maybe an add-a-ball, or shoot again bonus if you hits a certain number of things?

Also, feel like a more intense light show and callous, ala Lord of the Rings, would make this one hell of a fun mode.

#7101 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That’s my nemesis...keeps me up at night...the right ramp owns my ass!

Tough ass shot. Feel like I have a better chance hitting it from a cradle.

NOTB is a ball buster though. Been there twice, and lost ball right after ball save stopped. Just zaps all the fun.

#7125 3 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the two upper flippers, so I can see where they line up with the alignment holes.

Thanks!

#7127 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks so much! Is that factory setting, and would you say the hole is lined up centered with the tip of the flipper bat?

Also, can you send your lower flipper pics.

Thanks again!

#7131 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

To lazy to pull glass tonight.
factory settings and upper left may be slightly lower than centered

Thank you, sir

#7153 3 years ago

What's the strategy for getting big scores in this game? I got to NOTB the other day with under 500M!

#7157 3 years ago

Should it be difficult to hit the loop from the top right flipper? Seems I hit about 20% of them into the loop, the rest seem to bounce off a post, and never make it into the loop.

Also, seems I can only hit if from the bottom of the flipper. Anything neat the top (tip) never makes it. My flipper is lined with with the tip of the bat to the alignment hole.

#7168 3 years ago

Snuck in a quick game this afternoon, and got NOTB.

I'd shat the bed on previous attempts, so felt good about getting deeper into it this time.

Made 3 or 4:shots, and then my son jumped up on the stool beside me and excitedly said "Guess what daddy".

Totally took my focus away and drained almost immediately.

Haha! Had to laugh as it literally was the worst time you could get distracted in a game.

IMG_20200812_153316 (resized).jpgIMG_20200812_153316 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#7236 3 years ago

I have a few parts for sale:

Pharoah plastic protector - $15
https://mezelmods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-pharaoh-plastic-protector?variant=12353715241057

Opto and ball trap kit - $18
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

Cliffy scoop protector - $21

I also obviously paid shipping on each of these parts, but I will offer everything here for $55 USD with shipping anywhere in the USA or Canada.

PM if interested.

1 week later
#7294 3 years ago

Parts for sale... Pharoah plastic protector, Cliffy scoop protector, and ball trap and opto fix kit.

PM if interested.

IMG_20200917_015209 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_015209 (resized).jpg
#7309 3 years ago

I paid about $75-80 for all of these with shipping (they're all from different shops).

Get them all now for $50 USD and free shipping anywhere in Canada or the US.

Pharoah plastic protector - $15
https://mezelmods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-pharaoh-plastic-protector?variant=12353715241057

Opto and ball trap kit - $18
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

Cliffy scoop protector - $21

PM if interested.

IMG_20200917_015209 (resized).jpgIMG_20200917_015209 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#8571 3 years ago

I have some parts for sale (as a set).

It's the Pharoah protector, Cliffy for under ramp (Prem/LE), and the opto and ball trap fix.

PM me if you're interested.

PXL_20210318_174419211 (resized).jpgPXL_20210318_174419211 (resized).jpg
2 years later
#15402 39 days ago

Anyone have a Gus mod for sale?

Just picked up a sexy premium!

#15425 34 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Yes, one super jackpot is all you need to light the trooper card. It has to be the most attainable card in the game.

Hitting that super jackpot shot though... Not always the easiest!

1 week later
#15450 28 days ago

Anyone have an Aces High topper for sale, or do we know if they're planning to produce more?

1 week later
#15537 15 days ago

All pinball flippers are plastic, and they have a certain weight, feel, and action.

You change that to aluminum, and you entirely change things.

Maybe it provides a bit more power due to it being a stronger material, but it's definitely not how the game is designed or intended to be played.

If that doesn't matter to you, then all the power to you (pin intended).

It's also your machine, so you could literally install breakfast sausages as flippers.

I'm perfectly fine with the way my games play, so maybe my opinion here doesn't count for much.

1 week later
#15619 2 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Joy carpets is great if you want to pay double. Bed, Bath and Beyond sells all the same patterns

Where are you seeing that?

#15620 2 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Brand is Joy Carpet. You can get real carpet from them, or their rugs are on Amazon.

Any ideas on what it cost per sq ft?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=wizardscastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.