(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whoknowsgoi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10770 2 years ago

Just picked up a Maiden Prem and joined the club and thats rad , what isnt rad i noticed a few things A: there is not door jam that turns off the power. is that normal for this game? every other stern has one. Also the start button I cant seem to get it to work. changed bulb etc nothing. Finally the ball keeps getting lost up in the tomb lock and its driving me crazy, any fixes for that.

#10776 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I remember when I had my premium, and noticed issues with the sarcophagus lock mech registering balls... Very frustrating.
But there is a fix.
I recommend doing a forum search on this issue, which will bring about several posts, and also a separate maiden issues thread, on the matter and you will be able to read through those issues and I'm sure they will sound familiar to the experience you're having.
In brief, while there's little things you can do, the ultimate durable fix is going to be loosening the sarcophagus lock mechanism (such that you can access the switches underneath the playfield at the mech) and changing out the two stock micro switches in there to micro roller ball switches (easily obtainable at Marco).
Out of interest, utilizing micro roller ball switches at the sarcophagus mech was how the game was originally designed, but at production they opted on standard stock micro switches at that mech, most likely because it saved them a couple hundred bucks at the end of the production line.
While not occurring on everyone's game, the gist is that those standard micro switches get bent after a period of time in that mech and ultimately don't reliably register. I think it must have to do with something in the dynamics of the moving mechanism, it's resting angle and the weight and motion of the steel balls constantly rolling over them.
Once you change out to the roller ball micro switches, my guess is that the sarcophagus mech problems you have been experiencing will cease to exist.
Btw, I also don't have the power switch you speak of inside my current IMDN Pro.
As far as the start button, are you saying that it doesn't light up, but starts a game once you press it? If it is the ladder, take a look on the inside and make sure that the previous owner didn't splice into power from the wires at the start button. I know there are a few mods out there that have been utilizing that source (for example, that very cool mod from Yoyokopter, the T-Rex alive mod, utilizes power from that area).
Hope the above helps.

thank you so much . is this the correct part? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5119-02

1 month later
#11045 2 years ago

Having a problem with the captivate ball and sarcophagus . Now when it opens it doesn’t open all the way and ball doesn’t go in. The captive ball feels loose and is moving around but haven’t found a way to tighten it , any help would be appreciated

107ADAAA-4E3A-4892-B663-DC4637221F23 (resized).jpeg107ADAAA-4E3A-4892-B663-DC4637221F23 (resized).jpegAB39F7B7-234F-418C-8DC1-E2B701D5C9A9 (resized).jpegAB39F7B7-234F-418C-8DC1-E2B701D5C9A9 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
$ 24.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whoknowsgoi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=whoknowsgoi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.