(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Fear of The Dark - LCD animation - the Guy with the beard walking ahead of the spirit or whatever it is, sure looks like the game designer...

Haha that is hilarious and i didnt even catch that when i was playing the game. They better leave that in the game or I'll be pissed!

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my game set up last night. Quality out of the box was perfect, not a single adjustment needed, playfield clear seems pretty thick. Very very happy to see the service rails back as well as a handle in the back to help lower the play field. Stern does listen!
artwork is fantastic.
As for game play, it’s a home run. It has a feel like Metallica, but seems like there is a lot more going on in the game, doesn’t feel linear at all, but have to admit I don’t really know what im doing on it yet. The ramps seem secondary and I like the shot through the pops. Lots of targets to hit. The upper right flipper shot feels like tron or ST, the shot shot up the middle is going to take a beating, wonder how the backboard target is going to hold up. Love the woman’s voice directing shots, reminds me of TNA.
I’m not a fan of the band, but I can definitely see the music growing on me. I wasn’t a fan of Metallica either, but like them now too (at least the songs in the game). Hooked to an external sub, sounds great.
Not sure what the premium will add, but gameplay on the pro is very good. Like it much better than Star Wars. There are a lot more call outs directing shots, unlike Star Wars.
This is going to sell very well, finallly getting away from the cookie cutter layouts.

I had no plans of buying this game but i swear i think im going to have to get one. I never expected it to be this freaking good. Stern has seriously knocked it out of the park with Maiden big time.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Ordered my Maiden Pro on March 27th in the AM with Nitro Amusements. (about 15 minutes after the very first Pro reveal)
From the beginning, I kept being told it would be 'a week or two' for shipping. A few days ago that suddenly changed and I was told that I won't get it for another month - late May.
Lots of Maidens are showing up in Canada, so did those people all order before me, or am I getting jerked around?

Sure doesn't sound right to me at all.

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

That's basically what I was expecting. To find out its going to be another month yet... Very disappointing.

That sucks but look on the bright side, other pinball manufacturers take 1 year, 2 years, before you get your game, and in some cases you will never recieve it. Its going to be a long month for you though looks like.

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Was able to get some games in today! I typically don't care for music pins but I've always liked Iron Maiden. Loved the 4 flippers and game flow.Would like to add this to my collection ! Even my wife agrees!

If she agrees, take advantage of this wonderful opportunity by all means before she changes her mind. Pick up the phone now!

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

Wow . way better than I imagined. Checking for airballs now.

That Iron Maiden doll is cool! I can hear the parents now, "sorry kids we couldn't get you that Iron Maiden doll for Christmas because a bunch of 50 and 60 year old men bought them all up"

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Removed the pharaoh plastic, cut out a piece of red cadrstock to match the shape, cut out some eyes and the results are great. Removed the bleed over from the target light and lit the eyes. What do you think?

Man that looks sick dude!! Love it!

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

Up the IRONS!

Congrats!!

#603 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Its a flasher. Test it by testing flashers.

I think it's supposed to be that way. Dead Flip mentioned that in the 2nd reveal at the Stern factory. I think it lights up only when the ball hits it. I dont know why its like that though. He talks about it in the very beginning of the video. Its the video where they are revealing the LE model.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What is the factory recommended torque for the leg bolts?

There is none that i know of. Just snug the bolts up food and dont crank on them when you're tightening them.

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I noticed that this game doesn't have any effect when you hit the ramps. Is that just me (pro)? I added some spotlights to bring in some color - will likely put red in the slings to match as well. Will look more like LE.

And we will of course need pics when you're done in case we need to copy off of you.

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Today's the day! Not gonna lie...my excitement has been slightly overtaken with concern. I'm not a gambler. The one thing that gives me reassurance is this community, and some of the friends I've made here. That and KMFE.
We'll get er right.

Everything is going to be fine Gryszz dont you worry, just don't act like the Hulk when you are tightening the leg bolts. When your game arrives carefully cut the box so you dont scratch that awesome LE artwork......grab a cold beer and just sit back and look at her for about 10 minutes and say HELL YEAH BABY!!!

After that set her up and play the hell out of it all nite long! We expect to see a massively dimpled playfield by morning.

#773 5 years ago

More pics please Gryszzz!!

#880 5 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I think my biggest pinball regret is that I was forced to leave the hobby before I got to play this machine. It looks and sounds so amazing.

Its not too late to get back in Wasp. Save up and get an IMDN just like you did your GOTG buddy! IMDN is a keeper.

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Only had 3 ramp shots left to complete all the power pyramids. Kept bricking the right ramp.

That right ramp is kind of tough for sure!

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Wish I could brother, but I have no way to afford or even save at the moment. Literally every penny of my non essential money from my paycheck is going towards my mother's hospital bills. And I have no clue how long or even IF that will ever end. I may not be able to afford a new pinball machine, but I can (no matter how little it may be) help out my family, and that's the most important thing.
Someone can feel free to bring their machine over, though. LOL

Sorry to hear about your mother and its very nice of you to help her, thats far more important than pinball. Like Eskaybee said though, there will be better days ahead, I guarantee it so just hang in there and keep grinding away and you can make it happen!

#925 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I know. $60 on a figure is crazy, but when you compare it to some figures out there in the mod market, that's actually not too bad. (at least that's how I justified it!)

If it makes you smile and brings you happiness then 60 dollars isnt nothing, and theres no need to justify it either because its your money and you earned it. Im 53 years old and i love the little Eddie dolls!

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On .97 now. F ing Wow!!!
Getting used to the shots and all the nuances. Just phenomenal.

I told you that you were going to love it.

2 weeks later
#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I got my premium yesterday. Looks great. Going to let it set for a bit to cure playfield. Left it open last night and the whole house smelled like clear coat this morning. Mine shipped with .97 code.

Playfield is already cured, set the game up and crank the volume up and have fun!

3 weeks later
#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I've been away from the hobby for a while. What is IMDN I keep seeing?

Iron Maiden

1 week later
#1604 5 years ago

About to order a IMDN pin but im on the fence between a Pro or a Premium. Seems like ive read about the Premium/LE models having quite a few problems. Is the Premium/LE a mechanical nightmare or is it being blown out of proportion a little? Any input would be greatly appreciated as i am really close to pulling the trigger on this game.

#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

About to order a IMDN pin but im on the fence between a Pro or a Premium. Seems like ive read about the Premium/LE models having quite a few problems. Is the Premium/LE a mechanical nightmare or is it being blown out of proportion a little? Any input would be greatly appreciated as i am really close to pulling the trigger on this game.

Well after a long night of watching IMDN pinball videos I've made my decision. I am going to go with the Pro model. If i wasnt interested in the Munsters so much i would get the Premium but in my opinion the pro is very close to being as good as the Premium model and by going with the Pro that leaves me money left over toward The Munsters so its a win win for me.....and Stern both since i will be buying 2 games instead of just one.

Anyway IMDN is one of the most awesome games that Srern has ever made, if not THE most awesome game that they have ever made. Ive got TWD and MET, two BIG hitters there and I've got a feeling that IMDN is going to become my favorite game. IMDN is so good that i don't know how any other games coming up could possibly compare to it.....but i hope they do of course. I cannot wait to get this bad boy in my house and start playing it.

Did they take the Fear of the Dark animations away that shows Keith running from eddie or the monster, whatever it is? He said it was going to be pulled but i think that is funny as shit and id like to see it left in there. If he doesn't want it to be him, they should put Gary in his place.

#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You'll enjoy Iron Maiden Pro. Excellent game in any configuration I'm sure. I enjoy my Pro a lot.
I am with you - I will want the Munsters when it's released ! ...... and Elvira also.

Yup im on the Elvira train also. My last two games to complete my gameroom was going to be Munsters and Elvira providing they are good, and then this IMDN thing happened.

#1635 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I’d play both more. After owning an le and playing a pro, the pro is lacking quite a bit. The premium is, by far, the better choice in my opinion. Watching the gameplay won’t show it much though.

I dont have access to a Premium right now unfortunately but i really dont feel like its lacking much at all and its just a great game. I can also always upgrade down the road if i want to. I got three years at least to do that so im going with the pro for now and i am sure that i will love it. There are also some really sweet mods out for IMDN and i will have this game looking great in no time and it’ll be fun modding it.

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Seems that the only ones saying a pro is more fun to play are the ones that already own a pro justifying the purchase.

Couldn't the same thing be said and apply even more to the premium and LE owners? I could buy a premium if i wanted to but im sorry, im just not seeing a huge difference between the pro and the premium. Both models are great and everybody is happy with their purchases so thats a great thing imo. I also actually had two LE owners email me and tell me to get the pro because there wasnt much of a difference between the two games.

They told me what i already knew but i commend them for their honesty. I dont think the pro is any better than the premium but there is nothing on the premium that i cant live without i can tell you that much.

#1666 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Makes sense to me. Some pros play faster for a variety of reasons, but mostly because they're "de-cluttered", so the ball has less stop-and-go. Think about it...
MET pro--faster
ACDC pro--faster
I don't have enough time on other pros to compare but I'm sure there are more.
If I wasn't such a Maiden nerd, I woulda def went pro.

All three models are great. I think the problem here is you have 3 or 4 guys trying to act like the Premium\LE is leaps and bounds better than the Pro. I guess there is some truth to that with the LE because you get alot of extra goodies but gameplay wise these games just arent that much different. The pro model is no dog or inferior what so ever in terms of gameplay compared to its big brothers. You arent losing any spinners or anything other than a couple mechs that honestly arent very exciting, not to me at least they arent. Even the light show isnt inferior to that of the Premium and LE.

Alot of people think the MET Pro is a very good pro model compared to the Premium and LE and it is, but i think the IMDN Pro is even stronger that the MET pro compared to the higher models. At least on the MET Premium you get spinners and a kick ass light show, the IMDN Pro has both spinners and nearly the same light show. I honestly dont care about the ramp that raises up and down or the sarcophagus mech. They are ok and kind of cool but i can live without them for sure. I think the fact that we are even having this discussion says alot about how good the pro model is. Im just glad that everybody is happy with this awesome game, no matter what model they have.

#1670 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

you should work the extra hour/week/year to make up the 1600-1800 and get the premium.

Really now? This is not a money issue for me just so you know. I could have bought an LE if i wanted to but thanks for your concern about my financial situation, and oh by the way......i work all the f’ing time, lots of hours believe me. I just dont see the value, that’s why im not buying the Premium. It also cracks me up when people say that “the Premium/LE is the full game the way the designer intended it to be”. Thats the biggest bunch of BS ive ever heard and even if its true that doesnt make the game ALOT better.

P.S. oh and by the way, you have several pros in your collection that are nowhere near as good as the Premium models. You should sell those clunkers and upgrade, maybe work a few more hours or get a second job so you can upgrade.

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't think he was taking a pop shot at your income or work status. I think he was just displaying his passion and sincerity of how much he enjoys the premium over the pro.
As for me; I don't think any stern premium/LE is worth a JJP game. Dialed in, WOZ, or JJPOTC Standard editions > IMDN Prem; but thats only my opinion of value and doesn't mean IMDN prem is inferior to any of these games or the pro - thats just a value standpoint. As for IMDN PRO v PREM - both are great and offer a different feel for different reasons. It's like asking what's better, AFM or MM? Youre arguing with 2 fantastic games. Personally, the left ramp pharaoh lock is bitching and fits the game much much better than the pro, but it does suck that it doesn't count as a ramp shot for the power feature which is an already grinding power feature to complete. The lifting ramp kind of sucks and I much prefer having a choice of going for an X multiplier, mini loop shot, drop targets, or ball falling to flippers than the VUK shot back to the flippers. Those are really the 2 big differences.
All in all Stern pro's in general are very underrated on pinside only because people are misguided in thinking that full featured = better. Or missing features = inferior game. I used to be like that, but have since seen the light. As for Maiden, as I eluded to in my post, you really can't go wrong with either version. Pick one, stick with it, enjoy it, don't look back and who really cares what other people like or dislike. We're all fans of different style games for different reasons; don't get sucked into arguments and take people's opinions so personall; you'll find life & pinball are a much happier place as such.

Maybe I misunderstood what he was saying, if so I definitely apologize but it kind of seemed that way. I just don’t personally see the extras on the Premium being a 1000% better but if anyone does that is awesome and im glad that they are happy with their purchase. Most people told me not to buy a MET Premium over the pro but for me it was well worth the extra money. I still think the pro is great on MET though and would have been happy with either choice. No way though am I going to tell people that MET Premium is 1000% better than the pro model is because it just isnt but it was worth it to me i guess. I think the Maiden pro is even a stronger pro model than MET. It just pisses me off when people talk about pro owners trying to “justify” their shitty purchase. Like you said though i should just stay out of it and enjoy my game and not worry about what others say. Its not my nature to do that unfortunately though. Im definitely far more tolerant than i used to be though so im heading in the right direction at least.

#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

However, spending $9k on a toy where the $5k version isn’t really that different is somewhat ridiculous.

Not necessarily dts, its all in what makes you happy brother. You cant put a price tag on your happiness. I guess if i felt like the Premium/LE models was a much better game then I would be pushing it also and telling people to get the Premium but im just not seeing it personally. If I find out later on that im wrong I will sell the pro and upgrade. Ive played the pro alot and i think its amazing. Its an absolute blast to play and the modes and call out etc are awesome. I maybe should have went Premium since I already know that this game is a keeper for life but i think I will be happy with the pro just like i am my GOT, TWD, and AS Pros. I would have even been happy with a GB and MET Pro but i chose Premium on those two. I also plan to go Premium on the Munsters if it ends up being a good game because i love the theme.

#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

1) Those pros are location games & you’re just getting weird and off topic by taking it there to my collection. I made it very clear how I objectively felt about this title in this title’s thread, repeatedly, and clearly, now I’m done.
2) regarding the quote above- do you think Keith made the archer and then got to Stern and said “gee what can I add to help Stern rip people off?”
3) it’s pinball, enjoy the blessing you have to be able to have a single machine in your house instead of getting worked up about what someone else types on the Internet. I was simply trying to give my honest feedback for others as someone qualified to do so, owning and playing both.

Well like i said, if I misunderstood you I apologize. It just seemed like you were taking a shot at me but i guess you wasnt so its all good. I still respectfully disagree with you though.

#1680 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

How much have you played the premium/LE? My buddy routes and received the pro really early, so I was able to play it like crazy before my LE arrived. I still play it when I’m at his pub, so I have a lot of time on both. I’m surprised you don’t feel much of a difference. They feel like different games with some of the same features to me. The pro has the jump ramp, the Newton ball and loops as highlights, whereas the premium/LE has those and the second newton, the pharaoh mech, the lock mech, the newton eject, and the lift ramp. You can nail mummy and start a mode in one shot, which I find I cannot on the pro. The lower orb newton adds really cool strategy to build up jackpots as you have to purposely avoid it, often during multiballs. This is easier to do on the pro. I also love being able to check the screen a little more to see my jackpot status, revive and loops. The pro is fun, but I would say the premium/LE is 25% more fun to me, which is very significant. The pro is still a great game, but I would never switch.

Ive never played a Premium and ive also never said that i dont “feel any difference” so lets not get our facts twisted around and think that i am trying to say that the pro is just as good as the Premium because im not. All i am saying is that i dont “think” that the Premium is worth 1700 more dollars and that im not “seeing” that big of a difference in gameplay between the two. Just because “im” not seeing it doesnt mean its not true. Ive played the pro alot and i love it, great great game and loads of fun. My only argument is that the pro is not a dog compared to the Premium. Theres a few people on here acting like the pro is trash compared to the Premium and i just don’t believe that to be true. Anyway im done arguing about it and i don’t really care anymore, people should buy whatever model that they want and have fun.

#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WHOA WHOA WHOA
Let's not leave out the always effervescent, beautiful redheads now. Good golly I get weak in the knees.
FIRE!

Or the beautiful black haired women Gryszzz.....even if it is a wig.

#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Don’t forget to show love for the Iron maiden groupies !!

Think I’ll pass lol.

#1698 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Are you sure

I wouldnt pass on that one!

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It’s like a pro or premium.

Well shit, if thats true then maybe i will get a Premium because thats a pretty big difference for sure, i think we can all agree on that!

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

BABY HOLD ON TO ME.
These suck ass Maiden scores are our's to see.

Gryszzz you’re drunk, go to bed! lol

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm gonna keep posting so maybe she'll see this and marry me.

Ever heard that song “Dream on?” It’s awesome!

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Agree! Now buy that pin . Good luck with what ever Maiden you pick . You can do no wrong with this pin.

You guys will know which one i buy very soon! I do love the yellow cab and the artwork the best on the Premium, I’ll say that much. I still dont think the gameplay will be leaps and bounds better though, and if i go Premium and all of the mechs start screwing up on me constantly im going to be paying about four or five people a visit!

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Went and played the Pro tonight. It is GREAT! You will have no regrets with any of them.

See thats what ive been trying to tell you guys!!

Just kidding....all of the models are awesome i think.

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

the PDI is what lands me hot redheads, so I've got that goin for me.

I thought it was your studliness that landed you the hot redheads??

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Finally made it to Cyborg Multiball. Hitting enough ramps is super tough for me. Huge huge adrenaline rush when it started.
I consider myself a novice, so this was a huge deal for me.
Around 300M at the end of it. Prob take me another month to replicate that game.

I don't know what that is or how you get there yet but i hope find out!

#1767 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Any advice on completing modes?

PLAY BETTER!

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

So you have to order two sheets of glass to get one redhead ? Or is it one redhead per each sheet ordered? It has to be PDI to get redheads ? Do you just get Brunettes and Blondes with Stern glass ? Or if I order Stern's glass can I upgrade to redhead if that isn't standard.
Nobody tell my wife if I order the glass.

You also have to have an LE to get the redheads!

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from Kisco:

I have a question about the flippers, I watched a video on the pro and when the button was held half way the BOTTOM flipper was up and the top flipper didn't move, but on my premium when the button is held half way the TOP flipper goes up and the bottom flipper doesn't move. If there is a way to change this please let me know as it makes cradling almost useless.

Im just going to push the button all the way and not worry about it.

#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Worked for a while with the "prongs" adjusted, then it didn't. Swapped the autoplunger mech from BM66, same result. Put the felt tips back on, works again. Beats me. I just gonna enjoy it and not worry about it for now.

Frustrating issue sounds like. I hope you get it lined out soon. Im sure that i will be having it also probably

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Thanks Who-Dey! I'm enjoying the game a ton, one of the best I've owned, so this isn't really a major issue, just a challenge to figure out. If anyone is hesitating because of this, don't. It is great. We will get this sorted out.

Yep i agree. This problem will be a thing of the past soon i bet. Cant wait to get my game.

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Did you go pro or pre?

Premium. ......

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure why the hate for the lockdown bar.

What does he mean by the "new" lockdown bar? Does he mean the one that stern has been using several years now or is there a new design?

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The Stern snap down lockdown bars are great.

If thats what he's talking about i totally agree. I know alot of people like the old style best but i don't.

#1940 5 years ago

Ok so my game is on its way. Should i upload the newest code onto it when it gets here or not? It kinda sounds like the latest code update has some issues?

#1956 5 years ago

My Premium will be here in a couple days i believe, i cant wait! That damn truck driver better be driving safe right now with my baby on board!

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Joined today!!! Picked up my Premium.
What a blast! Best fun playing in a long time.
I obviously am not applying any gameplay strategy yet, and just bashing around and exploring.
It does, however have the feeling that it rewards quite well for just keeping the ball alive. Some machines you bash around for ages for no points, but second game ever I pulled 200m on the first ball, just staying alive. I know that’s not mega points, but it knocked all factory scores but GC off, and I don’t think I did anything too outrageously lucky. It just seems to give you a break if you have some ball skills.
And just as a data point..all worked perfectly out of the box. Not a single adjustment required.
[quoted image]

Congratulations, today is the big day for me also. My premium is suppose to be here within the next 6 to 9 hours so im going to be like a kid peeking out the window looking for that truck here shortly lol. I got my fingers crossed that my game arrives with no issues like yours did!

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from Trond:

I'm jealous of you guys
Oh well, I guess I'll be heading to my local IM at the arcade soon

If i had a local arcade near me and they had a IMDN, i wouldn't have bought one lol. I wish i had an arcade near me because it would save me tons of money!

#1992 5 years ago

Im in the club finally and this game kicks some serious ASS!! Holy shit is it fun! It came with a damaged box and scared the crap out of me but nothing was damaged thankfully. One opto that was unplugged (hmm wonder how that passed inspection?) And the captive ball switch on the left needed adjusted and one of the pop bumpers needed adjusted. All good now and ready to rock!

20180802_145844 (resized).jpg20180802_145844 (resized).jpg
#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Which opto ..... I have a wire on the left orbit that was not in the z connector. Was an easy fix but geeeees

Mine was the opto on the right ramp. It was just unplugged lol. FLPinball told me about turning down the back box brightness to cut down on glare....the game is soooo much more enjoyable now that i can see the upper part of the playfield. One more question and im perfect i think. Which setting is it that i can make it so it shows the kieth Elwin animation more often? I cant seem to find that.

#1996 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Congratulations Terry! Minor stuff!!

Thanks Charlie...man i am loving this game lol. Holy crap they flat out killed it with this game!

#1997 5 years ago

Oh yeah one more interesting thing. My game came with the bally/Williams type corner brackets. Another friend of mine has a pro and his doesn’t have them, how about you guys, does your game have them?

20180802_161935 (resized).jpg20180802_161935 (resized).jpg
#2001 5 years ago

Thanks buddy. I don't think I've ever had this much fun playing pinball and all i got to say is honeymoon phase my ass, this game is the real effing deal and it's 1000% guaranteed to never leave my collection. Just unbelievable!

#2008 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

my pro came with the B/W brackets as well. build date July 17. I just checked after reading this.

My game was built July 23rd. Might be something new they are doing possibly?

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Today is an epic day for me,
Setting up this amazing game and to find it flawless out of the box is incredible!
IMDN has been a dream theme for me and many others for a number of years now, and thanks to the awesome driving force from the pinball community around the world it has happened.
Huge thanks to Fans, Pinheads in all the forums, Pinball clubs, groups and meets, Stern Pinball, Keith Elwin and team for making this happen!
What a way to do it………………… Just Sensational!
I'm turning 51 this year, feeling like a 12 year old is great!
Up the Irons!
Cheers,
Ando
IMDN LE 86 in the house next to his brother MET LE 86[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

MET and IMDN sitting side by side is a heck of a duo. Those games are going to bring you many years of fun guaranteed. Congrats on your new game and your dream theme being probably the best game stern has ever made!

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

My Pro came with the cheap version, but they already drilled the holes in my cab [quoted image]

Wow that is strange isnt it? Every cabinet should come with those imo.

#2017 5 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

WTS IMDN prem empty box
Joined the club today!
Here is A snippet of a convo on the way to kindergartenalmost 5 months ago......
J my 6 year old son “ Dad can we listen to 2 min to midnight on way to school again?”
Me “Of course bud”
J “ I love Iron Maiden dad”
Me “Hey bud maybe we should get the new IMDN Pinball game. It looks epic! We might have to sell the hobbit...”
J “No dad I love that game, it’s..”
Me interrupting “ Actually bud it’s really not that great of a”
J “But I love the movies”
Me “ Yeah buddy, they sure are great(hiding my disgust). Tell you what let’s go ahead with the swap, and we will have the game in no time!”
And today was the day. Of course his First game he picks 2m to midnight.
A few things I found:
Shipped with 1.02 code I think.
Someone on this forum has scratches that run long down the playfield, under the clear. I’ve got them as well. You have to be in perfect light to see them. Doesn’t bug me...
Looks as if there were brackets for the corners ala wms brackets.
The auto plunger and pull work 85%. Auto plunge worked every time except once.
Ball lock sarcophagus works like a champ
I’ve put about 40 games on imdn prior to this arriving so I had high expectations. Also followed this thread close so I’d be in the know. Very satisfied with everything so far[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your new game. Your son will remember these pinball moments for the rest of his life and hopefully pinball will keep you guys hanging out together even after he gets older. How does he like IMDN compared to Hobbit? My playfield had a few scratches in it as well, im not sure why this is happening. You cant see them unless you are looking for them in the right light but this still shouldnt be happening and it’s unacceptable in my opinion. Congrats on your nee game, she’s a beauty!

#2020 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Because of this game all of a sudden 2 to 3 of my other games are on my shit list..... coming from a guy who bought too keep and mods the crap out of everything

Yep this game has been a real eye opener for alot of people including me. It shows you what a pinball machine can and should be.

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's PDI, and it is the best. But my eyes are struggling to see a big difference between that and the Stern. JJP being third for me, noticeably not as clear.
Timebandit I need some spotlights like that pronto. Did you just wire them into the flashers? A quick "how-to" would be awful sweet of ya.
Terry did ya get any sleep last night lol?

Lol not much Gryszzz, not much at all. This game is too good!

#2049 5 years ago

Has anyone had any sound issues with their game? I was playing mine yesterday and something changed in the sound. It almost sounded like it went from stereo to mono or something. It seems like it lost its bass and the cabinet speaker sounds like shit when you stick your head under the cabinet and listen to it. It sounds like the speaker is blown or something but it isnt. I also put another speaker in it and it sounds the same so that rules the speaker out. I cant hardly describe it but i know something has changed and isnt right. They are telling me to redownload the software at stern and we will go from there, but i dont think that is going to d anything. Im almost thinking that i may have a sound board issue.

#2050 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Guys....buy a $5 bent plastic and problem pretty much solved. I have my bb dimmed to like 25% and it's great. Not sure how much of that is the Stern fancy glass, I'm guessin that's part of it.

I dimmed my back box down to 10% during gameplay and that took all of the glare away. No need for the bent plastic if you take her down to 10%. Im glad that feature is on there because the glare was driving me crazy.

#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like you might have a bad motherboard. There isn't a sound board on spike 2 games, it's all on the motherboard. The swap out is EASY. I had weird sound issues with my SW; after having issues trying to reload the code, stern sent me a new motherboard. While I waited, I installed the stern headset and volume control; the sound was great in the headphones and Chas said that it's probably not the motherboard then. He recommended swapping out the board still because I was having a hard time loading code on the original. Got the new motherboard and the swap out was EASY - took like 15 mins. New motherboard didn't fix my issue but new code updates load smooth and quick. Turns out, my backbox speakers were pressing up against the speaker grilles not giving them room to fluctuate; I put spacers in too back them off a bit - coupled with that and the latest code that fixes sound issues, my sound problems are gone!
That all said, and long story short (too late), I think you may have a motherboard issue. If you can, or have access to, install a stern headphone spike 2 kit and see if your sound issues remain or vanish. If you have sound issues with headphones on as well, it's a motherboard, otherwise it's something else. Good luck!

I’ll be talking to them monday again. The only speaker that sounds bad is the one in the cabinet and i put another speaker in and it sounds like garbage too so that rules out a bad speaker. Ive lost my bass and i miss those sound effects.

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are audio settings in 1.05 code including 4 /8 ohm (impedance) and crossover points for bass. Double check those also.

They are both set on 8ohm which i found odd for the cabinet speaker since its a 4ohm speaker. The bass is set at 96 and the treble is set at 80 on both the cabinet and the back box too.

#2059 5 years ago

Ok guys i need some help here please. This wont apply to LE owners since you have different speakers, but to Pro and Premium owners only.

I want to know when you start a game and then select your song if the speaker inside the cabinet sounds nice and clear or does it sound kinda shitty almost like your speaker is blown? You have to stick your head under the cabinet and listen to it. Put your volume on say 20.

All of my other games cabinet speakers sound good but my Maiden cabinet speaker sounds pretty crappy almost like its busted, but i know that it isnt because i changed the speaker. Something happened to my sound yesterday during a game and i suspect that its in my main board probably. Please though if you don't care to do this check and let me know how your speaker sounds on volume 20.

Im not hearing the amount of bass that i was hearing when i first set the game up. Something happened about 35 plays in.

#2062 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

LE cab speaker sounds like smoker's cough as well. Turn down the bass and treble to almost nothing and add a powered sub. It's a stern, what do you expect except the cheapest Chinese amp/speaker available?

I expect it to be as good as my GB, GOT, TWD, MET, and AS which have the exact same speakers in them. Didn't you see where i said that while i was playing a game that the sound changed?

#2068 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes it is distortion,
Further work is required from IMDN's audio department,
I am sure they are aware of the issue.
Compensation can be made through adjustments, Have dialed in my LE okay, but feel it could be better.
I "dislike distortion and excess mid and treble, certainly is a balancing act with IMDN.
Running 1.02
Best I could come up with so far :
Back box 8 ohm
bass 100
treb 60
Cab 4 ohm
bass 60
treb 40
I will add that I have pinbits sub kit and it adds a little kick to the bottom end.
I have not been able to get solid Punch from sub as yet.
So far my opinion of audio quality in IMDN LE is fair, I hope the team will go the extra mile to polish audio to next level.
here's hoping next code update will include audio quality/clarity improvement
Additional
Call out quality seems to be fine.
It is just the music quality that is lacking.

The only thing that concerns me is something changed while i was playing a game and i noticed it as soon as it happened. I then noticed the distortion in the cabinet speaker so maybe it was like that from the very first game but something has changed.

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

Installed a shaker in my Pro. Highly recommend this upgrade! Game is already great but the added feedback is really well done.

IMDN utilizes a shaker better than any other game that i have seen yet. I got mine from pinball life and it has just the right amount of rumble, not too much and not too little, its perfect. I highly recommend the shaker for this game as well.

#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Finally!
[quoted image]

Damn....nice score!

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

For me, currently, it's hitting the post below. If my phone is right I'm at 6.4 now, should I try less slope?

Read my post in the IMDN issues thread Vader. I played with the slope and leveling alot and didnt have much luck at all with the auto plunge

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Finally got to battle the beast tonight, he kicked my a** but it was awesome. Love this game.

What did your score end up being?

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have to admit to not being as blown away as some people for this game.
However my opinion changed a lot when I looked up to see I had scored 179m for Hallowed Be Thy Name...... no idea how but blowing up modes like this, is so satisfying.
I think this game has a ton of staying power as presume all the modes can be blown up with the right strategy.

This game is the best thing since sliced bread and i cant stop playing it!

#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Since we confessing, I never listened to Iron Maiden, didn't know who they were and didn't recognize one song when I turned mine on. So I went in blind on the theme. Additionally, as the curator of the Museum of Pinball (550+ pins and 600 arcade games) I "in to pinball" but not a serious player and wasn't that good.
NOW, Iron Maiden pin has definitely made be a good player. For the first time I studied the rules, practiced and practiced. Consulted with the pros and challenged myself to learn the game. This was all because of how the game draws me back. I love all the shots and modes. I also really like how the upper playfield is almost like a mini playfield, it's like a whole separate game with the 3rd and 4th flipper.
I'm not sure if IM will pass the test of time but so far it will be hard to beat. Stern, Keith and Zombie hit a home run.

This game will definitely pass the test of time and its going to go down as one of sterns best games ever. This game really does a good job at pulling you in and keeping you entertained and making sure that you dont lose interest from a combination of great shots, great call outs, fun rules, and great animations too. If you combine that with a person that really like Iron Maidens music, this game is unbeatable and that’s pretty much where im at with it. IMDN is great in every category though from the rules to the playfield design to the call out. Keith Elwin knows what players want, he just gets it where alot of other designers and coders dont. It’s obvious that this game was made by someone who loves and plays alot of pinball.

#2116 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Seems like i chose the best machine for my first and possibly only NIB judging by previous posts......4 weeks or so to wait and then Yeeeehaaawww

You did, great choice for sure! Congrats and make sure you let us know how you like it after you get it! Which model did you get?

#2118 5 years ago

Nice, thats what i got too. The Premium/LE is more finicky as far as maintenance goes but i see you have other games so you will be fine. I would definitely recommend a Pro model to someone new to pinball though due to the possible maintenance issues that can arise. All three models of this game are equally great in my opinion. I just really love the art package on the Premium and a little bit of peer pressure from a few people on here pushed me toward the Premium also.........you guys know who you are!

I would be just as happy with this game though regardless of which model that i chose......true words too!

#2121 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Funny about that, W-D--I just played a Pro on location and was really bummed about all the things that didn't happen. If I started with a Pro I'm sure that would be fine, but stepping back to a Pro I really missed all the seemingly insignificant extras and shots. Of course, that could just be me...

I honestly dont think the difference is huge between the Premium and the pro. I mean its not as big of a difference as like Ghostbusters is i dont think. Im glad i got the Premium but i could have lived with the pro also. Everyone is different though and thats why they make three models i guess right? They are all awesome i think.

#2122 5 years ago

I was only joking about the peer pressure thing Hoby. I love my Premium trust me. Its the best game in my collection i think!

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Thanks to whoever posted the tip about making sure the auto launch prongs contact the ball equally all thru the stroke. That helped a lot. I had mine adjusted perfectly at rest, but once pushed forward the right prong lost ball contact.

It may very well come back out of adjustment. Just remember which way you need to bend the prong and make very small adjustments. I had to adjust mine the very next day again but its been good now for about a week, 100% accurate actually......knock on wood.

#2143 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I have a proposal for everyone here.
So we all know the shooter lane eject is tricky. Auto plunges are challenging, to say the least. I have discovered a fool proof 100% auto plunge. The only problem is the perfect trajectory hits the bottom of the top flipper.
I propse the use of a lightning flipper. With this flipper it would be short enough to not hit the flipper tip, and that gives the proper angle that also ensures a perfect travel path 100% of the time when auto plunging.
Anyone think of this already or am I insane?

If it hits the bottom of the top flipper its not a perfect trajectory.

#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I have a proposal for everyone here.
So we all know the shooter lane eject is tricky. Auto plunges are challenging, to say the least. I have discovered a fool proof 100% auto plunge. The only problem is the perfect trajectory hits the bottom of the top flipper.
I propse the use of a lightning flipper. With this flipper it would be short enough to not hit the flipper tip, and that gives the proper angle that also ensures a perfect travel path 100% of the time when auto plunging.
Anyone think of this already or am I insane?

Another thing i would like to add also is sometimes its not the flipper that the ball hits,. It can also shoot low and hit the post below that flipper on the bottom side of the ramp so sometimes the auto plunger shoots low instead of high.

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Mine hits that part you speak of when it grazes the bottom of the top right flipper that i propose needs changing. I'm telling you, my success rate is like 100 out of 100 if I hold up the upper right flipper, or somehow shorten it just a hair. Honestly, having thinner dlipper rubber on that flipper could also help potentially.

Im not suggesting that you do it, but id be willing to bet you if you bent the left prong out on your auto plunger to the left just a tiny bit that the ball wouldnt hit the flipper any more and go around the loop like it is supposed to.

#2156 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

show me a game that hits it every time."

At the moment, my auto plunge is hitting the loop 100% of the time. I dont expect that will last forever but i know now how to adjust it if it gets out of whack again at least. Mine used to smash into the top left flipper every single plunge.

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'll give that a try too. Thank you

I hope it helps you. Im hesitant to tell someone to do that because im not there looking at your game. Its possible that the right side of your plunger could be off instead of your left. Just remember not to get crazy with it and make very tiny adjustments. I bent my left prong in a little bit and it started plunging perfectly. The next day it started plunging down low into the post at the bottom of the ramp so i barely bent it back in a tad and now it has not missed that loop in 4-5 days probably.

I just took a pair of needle nose pliers and put them down on the plunger from above it and gave them a slight twist to the right and that made the ball shoot lower and into the loop. Remember though, very small adjustments. It doesnt take much at all and you can always go more if needed.

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's exactly what is happening. I have super bands on and it hits the bottom from time to time. Damn.

Superbands suck, throw those things in the trash. I absolutely hate playing a game that has those on it.

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

With the new update the cab speaker sounds 100% better! They took away a lot of the adjustment and balance options, but at least the sound is now much improved.

Yes it is 1000 times better now. Sounds pretty good when you crank it up now and want to jam out a little!

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, when are they going to build some more Premiums? I’ve had a deposit on one for going on two months.

I thought some distributors had them in stock?

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any recommended sound settings for stock speakers + external cab on a pro? Mine sounds heavily bassy/muddy. Working on it, but seeing what others have done with this setup short of turning the sound to max haha.

Have you updated to the new code yet? The sound is much better now so update if you havent.

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Got a new pin today. Metallica finally has another companion. Im so stoked!
[quoted image]

Congrats, you're gonna love it. I cant stop playing mine....not even joking.

#2266 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Awesome!
Get prepared for the “which is better - MET or IMDN?”, questions that will soon come.

IMDN

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Can't seem to break 150m anymore. Too drunk prob.

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Almost kitsch, it's so ironic, but never ceases to amaze me on the world's biggest and best pinball site whenever you ask for some "super secret mf strategy" everyone shuts right the fuck up.
I feel like Tom Hanks writing HELP in the sand and Wilson just sittin there eyeballin me like the little bastard that he is.
PLAY BETTER!

Shoot the flashing lights Gryszzz

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Start by taking a look as the ball at rest in the shooter lane - is the ball resting against both legs of the autoplunger, relatively evenly? If so, if you actuate the autoplunger slowly by hand, do both legs keep contact with the ball through the entire stroke?
On mine the legs needed to be bent (I used needle nose pliers with a rag wrapped over the leg to keep from marring it) to make even contact with the ball. Prior to that only one leg was touching the ball, and when actuated by hand I could see the ball would ride up out of the channel there at the base of the shooter lane, and would presumably rattle up the lane when launched. Anyway, adjusting the contact of the legs on the ball cleared up the issue of the autoplunge shots hitting the upper flipper for me...
Others have adjusted the guide in the shooter lane, but to me if the manual plunger works well, it would seem to be more down to the autoplunger itself and how it is uniquely impacting the ball.

This is where you want to start first if you are having problems with the auto plunge. You won't neet to bend the prongs much because a little bit makes a big difference. This is the key to fixing your auto plunge problems.

#2365 5 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Hey all, looking for some help or perhaps some pictures of properly aligned upper flippers on a Pro. After getting through my auto plunge issue I’ve been trying to get the upper flippers set correctly. I’ve adjusted multiple times and can’t seem to find the right positions. Using the guide holes as a reference, is there a recommended position... flippers centered? Above, below, etc... before addressing the auto plunge issue everything was fine however in the process and in my infinite wisdom (haha), I messed with the flippers instead of the ball guide first. Any help/guidance/photos are appreciated! Thanks

Read post 2354 for your auto plunge fix before messing with the ball guide. Your auto plunge problem i just about guarantee you is the prongs are out of alignment on the auto plunger. Simple fix.

#2404 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry to hear.
I thought Mr Skor was gonna get on top of the QC crap ?
So far I have burned over 6hrs making adjustments to shooter guide, flipper and some switches to get it to play right.
Frustrating,
IMDN does play awesome when everything works as intended.

Have you tried bending the prongs on the auto plunger?

#2406 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yep thanks, got "The Beast" dialled in pretty good now.
Ball plunge is fantastic when working properly
Clair newton ball was a bitch ! ( i'm still not really happy with it ) Tried new post, different switch location , B/W leaf switch, bending, you name it, got me angry. such a lame design !
So to all the existing and new owners out there, Patience required for setup.
Get it set up right and rock the hell outta this bad boy.
IMDN is AWESOME ![quoted image]

Yeah this game is a bear getting the little kinks worked out of it. I put blue loctite on the hex pins or whatever you call them and they have not came loose and have been good ever since. Worst design ever though.

1 week later
#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay guys... Got a question for you all.
I've only ever made it to Can I play with Madness mode I think 3-4 times. I believe only a handful of times I got the right amount of tomb rewards and I just sucked and couldn't hit that blasted ramp. So besides the advice of "play better".
I'd like to ask some of you about the tomb rewards and how you get them.
I know by soul shards you can get them. But, honestly this game is drain happy, and the most consistent modes I get them on are Hallowed and Fear of the Dark. I have gotten them 3 times only on Rime. I think you need to get 2 jackpots on Rime. Which means you hit the left shots and open the ramp, and then shoot the ramp. Then you hit the right shots and shoot the underworld ramp. But, maybe I am wrong about the qualifier.
My balls end in double drain a lot and triple... But, also it can be a pain to make the shots some multiballs. I need to practice my cradle skills.
I think only once I ever qualified for the Soul Shard on Aces.
Do you need to down 2 bombers????
Could someone tell me the requirements for the soul shard for Aces.
And lastly what are the qualifiers for Flight of Icarus mode. Don't know those as I suck in that mode.
The easiest reward for me is the trooper super jackpot... I don't get it all the time, but I do get it often enough.
Mummy super. I have not even come close to. That mode is way too hard and needs to be dumbed down.
Loop jackpot collection I seem to be alright at getting.
Now my last question is about the 6 way combo.
What is the best way to achieve that. Could you do left ramp right ramp 3 times and get it? Or do they all have to be unique shots. If so, then I will never ever get a 6 way combo... At least not on purpose.
As is I think my best is right hitting the ramp 4 times and then the left orbit.
And then... I guess I do have one more. If I hit a 6 way combo and collect the reward. Can I hit a 6 way combo again and get another tomb reward... Same would apply for the loop jackpot.
Just really cheeses me off that soul shards are so blooming hard to get. And you can complete a mode and still not get them. As you could drain, or run out of time to collect them.
I know. The best answer is to play better. And I'm trying. Any advice would help.
Thanks.

Dont feel bad, i dont know what the heck im doing either but im sure having a good time trying to figure it all out. Pinball doesn't get any more fun than IMDN.

1 week later
#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How's everybody still loving this game, several months in now? Still looks pretty positive

Im loving mine and i think its Sterns best game ever probably. Its between IMDN and TWD for sure.

#2593 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

For those interested, a separate thread has been made here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-tomb-mod-for-iron-maiden-pro-medisinyl-mods-
Otherwise, I've had off and on success with my autoplunge making it up top (as it seems nearly everyone else has). Worked great out of the box before eventually failing every time. Oddly enough, the suggestion to wax the shooter lane worked perfectly for a few games. I was surprised, but sure enough the issue came back and wax did no good after that. Seems I'll be trying to move the manual plunger a bit as others have suggested.

All you gotta do is bend the prongs on the auto plunger until the ball starts traveling the right path. You may have to adjust it after that periodically also but in my opinion there is no need for bending the guide rails and waxing the playfield or anything else. Find out which prong isnt touching the ball of the auto plunger prongs in resting position and all the way forward position and adjust accordingly. Its literally a one or two minute fix but for some reason everyone wants to keep trying to fix it the hard way.

#2595 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Now that you mention it, I did adjust the prongs when noticing my left side wasn't touching by a hair. I noticed earlier today however that the right side was now not touching by a hair, so that may very well be the best route to look at first. Thank you

You’re welcome, just remember to make small adjustments. I adjusted mine to where it started shooting perfectly, three days later it started missing again so i made another adjustment and it has been working with 100% accuracy ever since then for a long time now. I truly believe that this is the fix and a fix that will work on all games. I could be wrong but i would bet that im not.

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from mrf_pa:

Hank35 regarding the auto-plunge not sending the ball all the way around, I had the same issue and was able to correct it without too much work by a small adjustment (not bending) to the end of the metal guide rail along the right side of the shooter lane. I did this by:
loosening the nut which holds a guide rail pin near the bend of the guide rail (the nut is accessible from the underside of the play field),
then, at the end of the guide rail, under the plastics, there is a small phillips head screw which goes through a small L bracket attached to the guide rail, this is one of those oval shaped holes which allows for some minor adjustments (in or out) of the end of the guide rail,
I pushed the rail slightly and tightened things back up. It took a couple of tries (all the way in sent the ball into the post below the upper flipper), but was able to eventually dial it in. I am getting about an 80 to 90 % success rate now. Sorry if this was already discussed (I'm a newbie to the forum).

Or you could just bend the prongs on the auto plunger and be done in about 2 minutes and not have to go through all that trouble of messing with the guide rail.

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Keith specifically said that the adjustment detailed by mrf_pa is the way to fine tune the auto plunge. Obviously this assumes that the prongs on the auto plunge are set up correctly.

Not gona argue about it but i have helped several people fix their auto plunge issues by doing what i told them to do. Obviously theres no way that i can say its a guaranteed fix for every game out there but i bet you anything that it will fix most games.

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

2) When you manually plunge, does the ball smack the upper left flipper or the loop bumper? You need to adjust the shooter rail first. You may also need to adjust the prongs, but the shooter rail definitely needs bending.

What if the shooter rod isnt lined up just perfectly? That would also throw things off as well so what you are saying is wrong.

1 week later
#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is Stern developing an Iron Maiden topper?

Of course they will. They like that money that they get out of them too much not to.

#2738 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes,
Lets start
Where's the IMDN topper thread !
Looking forward to it.
Hoping Stern will do something special for Maiden

Any chance you think the topper might be Eddie?

#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

How did you know?

I have espn.

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey all - just joined the club!
Game works and plays great - one question though: I have a Premium, and the sound is AWFUL. What is the deal, ?! Are the songs in mono, or perhaps my speakers are out of phase? I am willing to upgrade the speakers if that’s the issue but man... man it is bad. It is actually hurting my ears to play. This is also my first Spike game, are they all like this?
Before the jokes start, let me say that I love Maiden, so the songs aren’t the problem!

Seems like the sound changes occasionally. Sometimes it sounds pretty good and sometimes it doesn’t. I just wuit worrying about it and i play. Hooefully they will get it right eventually with code updates.

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks (?) for the insight. The sound is consistently bad. Clearly it is noticeable to others. It may be digital distortion or just really crap speakers, or it may be something not hooked up right. I’m on the case!

Do you have the latest code update?

1 week later
#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R there modes in this game where the flippers go dead? Pre arrived today just had a few games the last one being a 500 000 000 game. This pin is incredible. Holy Shit.

It's a great game and possibly the best game Stern has ever made, imo at least. Your flippers should not be going dead though.

1 week later
#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I want to get a shaker for Iron Maiden but don’t know much about them. Any recommendations on which one to get? Are they all the same?

The shakers from pinball life are really nice.

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Anyone have issues where when a ball starts it auto selects the song thus negating the skill shot?
Edit: happens maybe 40-50% of the time

Could be any switch but its most likely your Clairvoyant newton ball orb switch. The hex stem under the playfield has probably loosened up. I had to put some blue loctite on mine because it kept coming loose.

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thank you for the help guys, will test when I’m home. Now that I think about it every now and then mummy seems to finish spelling without being hit. I have the premium. I’ll look into that switch too

Yes that is the same type problem switch. Very crappy design.

#2893 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Turn down your backbox display to about 35% or so and you will solve 90% of the glare.

I backed mine down to 10% during gameplay and i have no glare at all now. When the game is done...BOOM backbox lights back up!

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty well in KOREA?! Is that a secret wizard mode?

Lol

#2906 5 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I just joined the club with a Pro that should be arriving later this week for home use. Got the Stern HD glass, Stern shaker motor and headphone jack/volume control with it. As this is my first pin (I'm a mix of extremely excited and "dear god, what have I done..." ), I have a few questions regarding set up and care.
1. What do you all have your play fields leveled at? Reading through the thread, most have it set at 6.5-6.8. Is that the general consensus?
2. I've read that the balls that Stern supplies with the game aren't great. Should I switch them out immediately?
3. I've heard a few differing opinions on whether it's necessary to wax a brand new, home use only pin vs. just cleaning the play field regularly and changing out the balls once they start to get dull, scratched or pitted. Thoughts?
4. What play field cleaner is recommended? I've seen some recommend Novus 1
5. Recommendations on what to use to clean the HD glass? I understand that nothing with ammonia should be used

Let me tell you what you have just done. You have just bought one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made and you're going to love it! You have also started a addiction that is going to end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars throughout your lifetime.

#1 that should be about the right incline for your playfield. i set mine according to the little bubble indicator beside the shooter lane.

#2 The balls from Stern have been pretty good recently, just look them over real good and make sure they arent pitted or anything and clean them off good before putting them in your game because pinballs come covered in light oil to prevent them from rusting. I would probably go ahead and order some better balls though from pinball life or ball baron.

#3 No need to wax your playfield when its new, clean it if its dirty but it is probably ok right out of the box. I change my balls every year, 6 months if the game gets heavy use. I also check them everytime i clean the game which is about every 250-300 plays.

#4 i use Novus 1, spray it in a rag and wipe the playfield, dont spray the cleaner directly on the playfield. If you have ball trails you can clean them up with some Novus 2. Novus 2 is also ok down the road if the playfield gets really dirty all over and you need to give the entire playfield a good cleaning.

#5 I have no idea how to clean the HD glass sorry.

#6 CONGRATS AND ENJOY YOUR NEW GAME!!

#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Joined the premium club this weekend. Upgraded from a pro. Not sure I am liking the red g.i. Anyone else upgrade from a pro and feel the same? [quoted image]

I didnt think i would like the red gi but it doesn't bother me any. Too much action going on to even notice.

1 week later
#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Anyone have a Pinball Life shaker installed on a premium? I installed mine set to Maximim usage and it seems quite weak compared to my Kiss or ACDC shakers.

I have a PBL shaker and its perfect i think. I dont want it to violently shake the node boards out of my game.

#3030 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I own a pro and love it. All of a sudden I am thinking of upgrading to prem.
Is it worth it? Better or not?

Better yes...... worth it? Ehh probably not truthfully but the Premium is a little better. The Premium and LE does have more stuff that can and will screw up though mechanically thats for sure. I have a mixture of pros and Premiums and i love them all. I never thought id ever buy a Premium because im not rich by any means but on some of these games i just want the extras. I will say though that IMDN is maybe the strongest pro model ever. Its between that and the GOT Pro i think.

1 week later
#3076 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

This has most likely already been mentioned but at the end of my first game this evening i spotted a cool little animation of a figure walking through a forest being ghosted by Eddie (Eddie may have been the one in front?, didn't spot it right from the start) Now i thought it was because i had both flipper buttons pressed in at the time but i haven't been able to recreate it again. Anyone know the "secret"?

There are two animations for Fear of the dark. The one you seen doesnt come up very often but you can change it in the settings to where it will play like 25% of the time i believe.

The guy walking and being chased is Keith Elwin. He speeds up if you nail the spinner. Its an awesome animation and i wish it played it 100% of the time.

#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No, you might be right -- I know I saw that animation once before I even started a game. Haven't seen it there since, but it happened at least once.

Go to the Game adjustments #33 and change the setting from 5% to 25% and you should get the animation of Keith Elwin 25% of the time.

20181203_084441 (resized).jpg20181203_084441 (resized).jpg
#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you have time to look up and see that while playing?

Lol thats a good question. The answer is.......i dont.

#3085 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On the fence about this game, all - Is there a post with suggestions on how to optimize the game setup?

Theres not much to be on the fence about honestly unless you just despise the music. This game is awesome in every way!

#3109 5 years ago

I think the Newton balls suck and are a horrible design, but they arent too bad with a little tweaking. I think the real bitch on the Premium and LE's could end up being all of the other moving parts down the road when they start failing.

#3119 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Bah. Life is short, live for the moment! Playing the Pro after owning an LE is like playing playing a visual pinball version of the game. Missing all the kinetic feedback that the Prem/LE provides. If you have a Pro and love it just don't play an Prem or LE and you'll be fine.
..and get a Flu shot!

I have a Premium and i love it so im not complaining at all. Im just saying that the game "could" possibly need a lot of maintenance down the road, time will tell. Im not worried about it, I'll just fix it if it does. IMDN is my favorite game of my collection.

Oh yeah, and no way on the flu shot! Lol

#3129 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This game is the best. It’s ALWAYS fun to play. The layout has great shots and nearly no cheap drains, but I don’t think the code gets enough credit. It could be my favorite mix of modes, achieveable wizard modes, difficult wizard modes, stacking, side achievements, etc.
I’m not sure if timballs was on the code team, but if he was, sign me up for whatever is next from him.

Totally agree, this game is a blast to play. I dont like to make statements like bolted down anymore because we all know that things change and not many games are truly bolted to the floor, but i really dont ever see me letting this game go ever. Its always fun to play like you said and it just never gets old. All of the modes are fun to play except Flight of Icarus. I love busting Eddie out of jail in Hallowed be thy name, that never ever gets old.

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Ok premium/ LE owners. I’m getting in this club this weekend. How has this games reliability been since adjusting the captive balls and the mummy locks and making the changes from original design? So far I’ve ordered the roller type switches just to have in case. I just want to be sure I’m not going to regret this by having to constantly keep adjusting stuff

You have got over 20 games so im sure you know how to adjust switches and stuff, so you will be fine. No worries at all.

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

thanks guys for the reassurance. I’m really excited for this one I played a pro for hours over the weekend and it confirmed my love for this game. I had played a LE over the summer and really enjoyed it. I’ve since forgotten the extra features but I decided I wanted everything the game has to offer Since it’s that good of a player

You are gonna love it i guarantee it. Theres s little pointy hex pin that sits in a spoon type switch. My hex pin kept coming unscrewed and throwing that switch out of adjustment. Tighten it up and it would be ok but it kept coming loose so i put a drop of blue loctite on the threads and it hss stayed in place ever since.

Im not suggesting you do that, thats totally up to you. Some people are for doing that and some are against it. Its worked fine for me ao far is all i know.

#3234 5 years ago

TWD topper, GOT, AS, maybe some others i don't know are cool. They arent 400 dollars cool but they're still pretty cool. This topper here isn't that cool at all and theres basically nothing to it. 400 dollars is laughable and embarrassing. Come on Stern you are better than this. We love our games and we overpay for a lot of things but this is a joke.

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GoT toppers were recently cleared out for $300. Totally worth that.

Wish i woulda known. Are they all gone now?

#3238 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno. Call your distributor. There's been quite a few deals on the down low in the last few months.
The relatively awesome GoT side rails with the Stark or Lannister family signs laser cut into them were also on clearance for like $170 or something.

Oh ok. I thought they was on the stern website. They pretty much have nothing at all on their store.

#3274 5 years ago

Congrats on your new game! You are going to absolutely love this game. It is so bad ass!!

1 week later
#3395 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Finished installing vireland's light mods to the fireball loop, Eddie cards, and battle tree. Unfortunately the pictures of the battle tree doesn't do the colors justice, it looks much better in person. All of them feel like it's how it *should* have been from the factory![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome, cant wait to get mine and get them installed!

#3437 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Clearly you dont listen to Maiden. The song lyrics tie in to the gameplay very well. Not a judgment. To each their own but if I dont like a band, I dont play that pin. You couldn't pay me to play Aerosmith.Theme counts for a lot with me though. I love Borg games but cant get into walking dead because its walking dead. I dont blindly go for theme either though. Ghostbusters is an amazing theme but I dont want to own one...or really even put money in one

Dang man you are missing out because AS and TWD are both great games, i think GB is as well. Borg is my favorite designer by far. Dont limit yourself like that.

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Sorry... just not lovin it

Its not bad but i feel it could have been much cooler. The price of it is what really sucks more than anything.

#3480 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Topper should have been stock on the LE.
As for cringing about the Newton balls, the issue is manufacturing (cutting costs). There appears to be inconsistancy in build quality. Mine have worked great from day one.

You are lucky trust me. You must have at least loctited them i assume right?

#3488 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

No loctite. I have the angled posts but haven’t bothered installing them because all is well.

Dont your post get loose all the time and screw the switch up with no loctite on them?

#3495 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've only adjusted the gap on mummy. Never touched the posts.

Mine will stay tight about 10 games probably without loctite.

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I didn't see one...but does anybody know of a setting or something to change under the PF to have the drop targets not shoot up so hard? It seems when they reset, way more force is used than necessary.

I dont think theres any setting for that but yeah they are pretty powerful and loud when they reset arent they?

#3501 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I know this has been gone over many times cause well, I've read every post in this thread. But can someone refresh me on the captive ball bullshit? Straight on 6 pm shots not registering but oddly, 9 and 3 o clock are.
Not sensitive enough means leaf switches too far apart? How are you guys adjusting these, closer or further?

Before you adjust the switch i would first make sure that the hex shaped stem under the playfield has not came loose. If it has you need to tighten it back up instead of adjusting the switch. The problem is the bastards keep coming loose. Thats why i put a drop of blue loctite on mine and tightened it and let it sit for 24 hours.

The newton balls are absolutely f'ing junk! Your next problem will be it just isnt working smoothly and its not a matter of if it occurs, its when it does because its going to happen i promise you. Absolute f'ing garbage period!

Wait until your sarcophagus lock starts giving you problems. You are really gonna love that hunk of junk. You will probably end up taking a sledge hammer to your game!

#3503 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Makes me glad I got a pro

The pro is definitely more reliable, no question about it. I think the Premium is a little more fun but it can be a mechanical nightmare.

#3507 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It is loose. Checkin in to it now. I'm not too mad yet, as this is only the 2nd time I've had to adjust. First time right out of box.
So there should be no play on that hex screw whatsoever? Needs to be as tight as possible?
Thanks for the info.

Yes sir as tight as possible. No way that i know if to really tighten it unless you put a pair of vice grips on the newton ball and tighten it with a wrench underneath but Im still not sure how long it will last. If you try the channel locks be EXTREMELY careful and lay a rag under them so you dont scratch your playfield and hold them the whole time you're lifting your playfield. Best if you have 2 people truthfully.

If i wont stay tight doing it that way out a drop of blue loctite on the threads snd let it set at least 24 hours. Good luck, let us know if it works. Maybe someone else can chime in if theres a better way hopefully.

#3509 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I consider the blue loctite a requirement...no sense futzing around. Without it, mine kept coming loose (even when it felt tight).

Yeah i think you are right. Mine has not came loose since i put loctite on them and the one that i just had to take apart wasnt hard to get apart either like some here have said they were. Vice grips on the Newton ball and a wrench on the hex pin and it broke loose no problem at all. Im going to loctite the one i took apart tonight again because it keeps coming loose.

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

When you loctite, can you just tighten the post by holding the ball and snugging up the post by hand?

Thats what i did and it worked. Just get it as tight as you can and let it set for 24 hours before playing it. Also make sure that no loctite leaks out onto anything plastic (like your spoon switch) because it eats plastic. You only need a drop.

P.S. also shake the loctite up good before use.

#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Yikes - you guys are tough! I'm only on page 8 - reading about Eskaybee's excitement. Looks like I won't get much work done today.

You just bought one of the best damn pinball machines thats ever been made. You have every reason to be excited!

#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Don't forget to shake the loc-tite container before you use it too.

Very true.i didnt when i did mine but they still held thankfully. It should be shakin up good though. Thanks for adding that in there.

#3552 5 years ago

New code update guys!

Screenshot_2019-01-10-19-10-46-1-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-01-10-19-10-46-1-1 (resized).png
#3603 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Big thread
Do you Premium owners wish you bought a Pro instead?
I keep reading in other threads the Premium/LE mechs are guaranteed problematic.
Seems like Pro is the way to go unless I want to tinker more than play?

If you can work on these games fairly good then i would get the premium. If you cant, then i would get the pro. Both models are very similar in terms of gameplay but i LOVE that left ramp shot to lock the balls in the sarcophagus lock. Shooting under the center ramp to start modes is sweet also. Probably all you would have to do is mess with the newton balls. They are complete garbage but once you get them dialed in the seem to work pretty good. You may have to tinker with the auto plunge but thats both games there. This game isnt plug and play usually, it requires some tinkering but man it is a awesome game.

If you are capable and dont mind some tinkering then get the premium. If you dont enjoy tinkering with games then definitely get the pro. Its really that simple. I would never recommend this premium to a noob or someone who doesn’t have good mechanical abilities.

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

HELL no. The additional Newton ball is cool (have not had a problem after adjusting mine 1 time) and the sarcophagus lock and jump ramp are key to the game. I have lifted the PF on mine 2 times, once was to install Vic’s mode color mod.
People are also forgetting there is another whole mode “can I play with madness “ which is not in the pro.

The Premium is definitely more fun. I didnt think the Premium was worth it at first but after putting more time on both machines i really do love how the premium plays compared to the pro. The pro is still very awesome though so im definitely not knocking it by any means. Shooting that left ramp though to lock the ball into the sarcophagus is awesome!

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don’t care about the price difference.
For me it’s more about leisure time & entertainment.
If extra money buys me extra entertainment I will buy it but if it comes at the cost of reduced leisure time I’m not so sure. Life is short & I have no desire for a new item in the house to cuss at.
I really like the Egyptian theme of the Premium. Dislike the music of Maiden like a mofo but I also dislike TWD as a show but LOVE the game so I can look past some things.
Not sure if it’s just because I’m considering the game & falsely “noticing it” more because of it but man sure seems like a lot of Maidens go up for sale compared to other recent offerings. Can’t tell if it’s Premium/LE more so than Pro or not.
I’m gonna PM some previous owners maybe & see what he deal was.

Theres really no way to say if you will have trouble with the newton balls or not but id lay a thousand on it right now that you will at some point and it will be sooner rather than later.

With that being said though you can put some loctite on then and maybe adjust them a little and you probably wont have to worry about it after that much. If you arent good at working on things and you have a short fuse then i suggest that you stay the hell away from the Premium lol. Maybe get a pro ir buy a Munsters?

#3672 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

1. A captive ball that makes the power jackpot way easier to collect by mistake. I'm already trying to avoid collecting it, to build the value up. Would not want this.
2. Both balls end up at the lower RF every time. Same gameplay.
3. Both versions have the left ramp and captive ball shots in the same places. Some additional strategy is gained for Mummy multiball here, which is IMO the one significant difference in gameplay.
4. Keith Elwin disables 'can i play with madness' mode and prefers the Pro award, +15M to power jackpot. Nuff said.
I know prem owners must defend their extra spending, but in reality, the prem has a slightly different way to approach Mummy multiball, which is pretty cool, and that's about it. Everything else is very similar on both versions.
Watching the Prem/LE at INDISC on the weekend, it was very obvious that the strategy of the players was the exact same as when they play the Pro. The Pro has been used at many tournaments recently, so there is plenty of video evidence available to show that the differences do not greatly affect how this game is played.

You can say the pro is better all that you want but anyone who has played both simply knows that its not true. The pro is damn good so you have no reason to regret your purchase, but the premium/LE is more fun period.

#3675 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can’t say I agree, but who cares really? It does seem that it would be helpful for you to spend more time on a Premium. The Prem has additional features, just like all Sterns, end of story

Premium doesn't always equal better but in this case here Premium equals better. I didn't really think so at first but after playing them both a good amount there is no question that the Premium is more fun. Now as far as reliability goes the Pro wins in that catagory for sure.

2 weeks later
#3760 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Asking for $400 for that one is really stretching credibility.

I agree. I want one but theres just not enough there for me to spend 400 bucks on one. Maybe 199.00 but not 400. 199.00 would even be a stretch for me. Fell like im getting bent over at 400 though

#3785 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

install the roller switches. Its a must do on this. And I believe what was originally planned but then somehow didn't happen (look in the manual and you'll see they have roller switches rather than the kinked switch)
[quoted image]
Neil.

Wasn't some people having trouble with the roller switches when they used them in the sarcophagus lock? I thought i remember people having trouble with the ball rolling back over the bottom switch when it would go to dump the ball out or something like that.

That bottom switch is super super finicky and it can cause your game not to act right in a couple of different situations. I have fought with that little bastard a lot and i finally got mine working correctly by cutting small strips of duct tape putting it on the switch to help it register. You cant hardly bend the switch to try to adjust it that way because you will mess the switch up usually if you try that. Very poorly designed mech!

#3787 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

had mine in for a few weeks with no issues.

Thats good to know. That is what i will do next if i have anymore problems. That switch is a bitch to replace isnt it?

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Most important thing is the auto plunge. If it is working at 90% or better--don't touch anything! Short plunge for the secret skill shots instead.

Agree with this 100% and the skill shot into the left outlane is fun as hell anyways.

#3832 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What kind/ size screws did you use ? ummm... There's one missing.

Here’s all you need to know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step#post-4381606

1 week later
#3926 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m back in the club! I had to sell my LE last year (never even got to unbox it).. Just picked LE 376 from a buddy, the game is beautiful and plays great.. even the auto launch works flawlessly. The only downside for me is that we got hit with a snow storm and our power is out so I can’t play
[quoted image]

Nice game!

3 weeks later
#4114 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

People need to know about the risks when buying a Stern NIB. I knew the risks and like an idiot, I still made a terrible decision. Let this be a warning.

People also need to know the risk when they buy from ALL the other pinball manufacturers as well because they all have issues from time to time and considering how many more games that Stern builds than other manufacturers, i would say they have fewer issues than all of them.

This is not just a Stern thing and Stern has been excellent at taking care of their customers when they have problems such as this. Your situation is definitely not the norm for NIB Sterns. Guarantee you 100% that you will get a new playfield or cabinet, whichever it is thats determined to be defective.

1 week later
#4157 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I made a video showing how to install game blades the wet method for Williams, Stern, and Sega.

Thank you for making this video and all the other videos that you make also. They are a big help to people.

#4180 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I would start a new thread and name names. Start with stern and the people you have spoken to and then name the distributor as well. Need to put pressure on everyone to get the result you think you deserve. Keep updating the thread regularly. Best of luck.

I agree with this 1000%.

3 weeks later
#4410 4 years ago

I am having trouble with getting the loops to register all of the time when hit from the flipper on the right side. Is there only one set of optos that registers the loops or two? I know theres an opto on the top right of the playfield that seems to be for the loops you hit with the small flipper but there is another set of optos where the fireball inserts are at. Is that for loop shots as well? Sometimes it registers good and sometimes not good at all. Its really pissing me off and i would like to get this problem resolved. You can run your fingers through the optos and it resters every time. I cleaned the lenses and it didnt help.

#4416 4 years ago

Thanks, i will give it a shot. Has anyone else used this by any chance? Mine used to register just fine but now its pretty hit and miss

#4418 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I've got it installed and it works a hell of a lot better than without it.
Recommend it with the issues that you are having

Thanks. I would like to know why some people have the problem and some people dont. Theres gotta be something causing it.

Was the installation easy?

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

It was my understanding that the cause of this was the speed of the ball around the loop, sometimes the ball would actually ride up along the rail instead of flush with the playfield with a fast shot, not breaking the opto beam completely. This fix I think narrows the beam and causes it to be broken completely with fast rail riding shots.
Install is pretty straight forward and should only take about 10-15 minutes, really isn't very difficult.

Thank you!

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just adjusted the angle of the opto transmitter bulb. Problem solved.

Is there only one opto for the loop shots or is there two? I looked at the opto on the top right of the playfield and it is shining directly into the reciever. Is the opto in the fireball loop to count the loops as well? Im assuming that it is? Which one did you adjust?

#4427 4 years ago

Thanks alot guys. Im gonna look into trying to adjust the one in the fireball loop and if that dont work i will get the mod that helps. It sucks when it doesn't register. I rocketed five shots around there last night in a row and only two of them got counted.

#4436 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

2020 global recession will be fun. US auto sales are way down, there just not telling you yet that sh$t is about to hit the fan.

You’ve been saying that for years. One of these years you will be right and get to say.....see i told you guys but you wouldn't listen!

#4451 4 years ago

I just installed the IMDN loop adjuster kit and wow what a difference it made. My loop shot from the top right flipper was probably registering 60% of the time roughly and after i put it on tonight i hit the loop at least 25 times and it counted every single one of them. I cannot recommend this product enough for people who are having loops that don't register.

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

#4459 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

@ MikeS: I haven't played a TSPP in a long time and it wouldn't surprise me that those would be louder.
For my Maiden, I should have indicated that I haven't owned nor played a more recent title that had such loud flippers- particularly for the right flippers. I just don't know if there's any remedy known to dampen the sound.

Probably not a lot you can do really JMK. You got 4 flippers instead of 2 firing. Crank up the music or be hard of hearing like me and you will never notice. Luckily my gf cant hear worth a crap either so it doesn't bother her at all when i play all night long.

#4466 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Someone buy my Star Wars so I can buy an IMDN

Have you advertised it yet? It will sell i guarantee it.

#4489 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Quick question, do the two opto shields install on both sides of the same opto pair (ie transmitter and reciever), or one shield on one pair in the side loop opto, and one on the opto pair in the right loop too?
Their install picture shows just one shield installed, but I'm not sure if that was intended to be the completed install pic.
Does it matter which side of the opto pair you install on if it is one shield per pair?
Mine registers 90+% of loop shots, but it's annoying when you get robbed for a major jackpot or whatever.
I might also try just making my own shields too out of sheet metal or something, though I have yet to remove the opto pair and check if there are any major hurdles to doing that...

There are 2 different sets of optos, one in the fireball loop and another set in the top right corner of the playfield. The shields go over the recieving opto. That is the opto on the left side of the metal bracket and the one that has three plugs. (The transmitting opto only had two plugs.) Very easy to get out and install. They are so cheap that i would just order the set and be done with it. By the time you make them it wouldn't be worth it imo, plus they may not even work who knows. Im not sure how they work honestly, im just glad that they do. Im enjoying my game a million times more now than i was before.

Also i didnt put the ball deflector on because my game came with a post installed that keeps the ball from getting stuck back in that corner so i didn't think i needed that on there.

#4491 4 years ago

Good God 86 loops in one game??? Lol

Takes me like 10 games at least to get that many! Nice work though on that.

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It diverts balls to the upper left flipper when the sarcophagus is already loaded.

This ^^^..........and make sure that if you ever take it off that you put it back on correctly because it will screw everything up if you dont. Don't ask me how i know this.

#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Joining the club today! And I gotta say zmeny Zach at Flip N Out is awesome. I ordered my pin yesterday afternoon, he got it shipped last night via fedex, and it's already here and ready for pickup this morning at the depot! Freakin sweeeeet. I like depot pickup as it helps save me on shipping costs.

Pro or premium? You wont regret this game trust me. Go ahead and bolt it to the floor now because its a keeper.

1 week later
#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Ball Routinely Stuck in Sarcophagus: Solution?
My Sarcophagus mech does its raise/lower dance continuously when it can't eject a ball at the end of a game. The mech is supposed to swing low enough to dump the ball out the back, allowing it to drift over to the mode ramp kickout beneath the playfield, but for some reason the ball just hangs around inside the mech. The game then does a ball search but can't expel the ball from the mech. I have to lift the playfield and coax the ball out. This happens every game, so clearly my Sarcophagus needs to be adjusted somehow. Ideas? It seems to have something to do with its range of motion. A little more dip and the ball would probably dribble out as designed.
Thanks.

It has to be hanging up on the switch Jason. What kind of switch is in there, is it a roller switch or what?

#4547 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

hey all. I'm having a very peculiar problem that I've never seen before. When I boot up my game it automatically goes into "mystery award" mode. And every time I hit a flipper I get points. See video and please lmk why this might be happening. fyi I tried re-installing 1.06 (the most recent) and that doesn't seem to help.
Adam

Yup just like Vireland said, left Newton ball. Get used to it because it wont be the last time it happens. Biggest F'ing piece of shit design in pinball history!

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Oh damn you guys are good. Big thanks.

Adam it could be that the hex post underneath that sits in the spoon switch just came loose. If its loose tighten it up and see if your game starts working properly again. Try that before you adjust the switch. Problem is they keep coming loose. You can put a drop of blue loctite on it to keep it from coming loose if you need to.

#4572 4 years ago

Thanks, Pin Monk. I'll check that switch as you suggest.

If the sarcophagus is trying to dump the ball then that means the switch is registering i think. Sounds to me like the switch is stopping the ball from rolling out of the sarcophagus. What type of switch is on your game, can you take a pic?

#4574 4 years ago

Hi, Who.
Hmm. Ball rolls back and sort of clunks against a stop. If the switch is resisting it like that, I will be surprised. Still, I will take a photo tomorrow and share it.
Thanks for your input.

Dont be surprised because it can happen very easy. Im just wondering if someone might have installed a roller switch in there or bent the original switch and it could be keeping the ball from rolling back over it.

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

It's almost certainly that switch.
I had that same switch holding ball issue when I first unboxed the game. Fortunately I was able to adjust that switch without replacing it and its been working fine since.

I had the the Mummy Newton ball sitting forward a tad and the ball wouldn't sit on the switch because of it. I couldn't even tell that it was the newton ball causing the problem and thought it was the switch so i tried to bend the switch a little and ruined it. Its hard to bend that type of steel.

So anyway i had to replace the switch and the new switch as luck would have it didnt sit up high enough for the ball to make the switch register. .......just my luck! I definitely was afraid to try and bend it again so i cut little small strips of duct tape and put them over the switch and i think two strips was enough to make it start registering. So far so good and im not touching it. That was not a fun job changing that switch out.

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I apologize if this was answered, I searched the thread. When I start anew game, I instantly get 50,000 points and it picks the song as if a switch on the PF is triggering. When I take the glass off and go into switch test and bang the PF with my hand nothing triggers. Bang the machine, nothing either.
Ideas?

Its the newton ball on the left Honda, i am 99% sure. See if the hex stem that fits into the spoon switch underneath the playfield is loose. If it is tighten it up and if it isnt you are going to have to adjust it ever so.slightly. That switch is pretty difficult to get right. Look at that and report back.

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Did you use one of these to adjust the switch?
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html
They are a must have for adjusting switches. Makes life much much easier when adjusting any leaf type switch.
[quoted image]

I did but i bent it too far and and tried to bend it back etc and ended up boogering the switch up. Hate to admit that but its the truth and thats what happened. That switch is made out of spring steel and.it doesn't bend good.

#4587 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m considering an IMDN prem purchase. It sounds like some of the early builds had some issues? If you were buying today and had the option between an early build vs one built in 2019 and the price difference was in the $300-500 range, would you take the new build? All other things equal.. # plays etc.

If the prices are anywhere near a NIB game i would just order a new one personally.

#4610 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Here's some close ups and different angles which you don't normally see from ad pics:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks fantastic. Do you get those from Stern or from distributors? Would be hard for me to pull the trigger at 400 dollars but damn that looks nice.

#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Thanks, I got mine from a distributor, gameroomguys.com to be specific. They are the same price everywhere.
Definitely no argument from me on it being super expensive and overpriced for what you get......but I still like it

Its expensive and over priced for sure but I wouldn’t say its stupid expensive. Its close but not quite to that point and the way i look at it is if it makes you happy and you enjoy it, then its worth the 400 dollars.

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Pretty Stoked. Took delivery of my first NIB pin today.
Can't wait to open it and get it setup!
Plan to install a shaker motor and some Cliffys[quoted image]

Congrats! You just got one hell of a great first game!

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

I feel ya, I am typically a premium buyer. However I felt the PRO would get the job done for me on this one and my master plan will be to purchase a BKSOR PRO shortly. If I opted for the Premium, I only would have gotten that pin. I love both of these games in PRO

There are no losers with this game here. The pro and premium both are really great games.

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I would love to see on the new code a "random letter ramp", when you put it on hard after the first mode you always shot right and left ramp to get letters, if they can put it on random, you need to shot all over the playfield go get letters... Is a simple update that would make all the diference.

Thats a pretty good idea. If you were to send that to Stern that is something that i bet they may consider.

1 week later
#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Rarely someone mentions extra cost when they compare which model is is better. Prem is great with the ball lock and added features, but runs about $1700 more. On resale you may be out a couple hundred more over the Prem purchase price over the Pro purchase price also. Just mentioning that folks financial comfort zones and how often they turn over games should play a factor in their decisions also.
I got one of the first 30 IMDN Pros off the line and have enjoyed mine a ton. Pin is beyond anything I would have expected. If I knew what the game would be like I think I would have choose the Prem. But I really enjoy my Pro with no plans for an upgrade. Both winners for sure.

Both games are fantastic but i too prefer the Premium. It doesn’t matter which one you choose though because you win either way.

1 week later
#4832 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Regarding the left handed drinker.....I don't like each pin to have them bc it's hard to get through the gap for fixing so strategically place them so only two results in always having the ability to reach for the drink.[quoted image]

You need this delt. The cup pops right off in case you need to get in there to work on your games.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pingulp-beverage-caddy-premium.html

#4842 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

premium owners - I like the red lights that stern put and trying to replicate on pro. I got the slings and inlanes. I think there is one mid right. Are there are red bulbs in the back section of the game or just the five I mentioned?
thanks

I found 3 more delt besides the ones that you mentioned. I see one in front of the pop bumber (under the guys foot) at the beginning of the left ramp. I see one on the bend of the small loop, and i also see one to the left of the spotlight beside the fireball loop and left ramp.

There is also one under the middle ramp insert but i think your game probably has that already. I hope this helps.

20190625_004820 (resized).jpg20190625_004820 (resized).jpg20190625_004741 (resized).jpg20190625_004741 (resized).jpg20190625_004755 (resized).jpg20190625_004755 (resized).jpg
#4845 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

In this diagram, it's the bulbs marked 151 and 154. Stern PN 112-5034-02.[quoted image]

I just found the one in the top left lol. This game is so much fun!!

20190625_013632 (resized).jpg20190625_013632 (resized).jpg
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Does this mean that Stern have made changes to these mechs to make them more reliable?

No not at all. They still suck and have to be messed with on occasion especially if you dont put a dab of blue loctite on them. The Sarcophagus lock is good as long as it is working and seems to be fairly reliable but if it ever screws up you better have some decent pinball repair skills because it is a pain in the ass.

#4853 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Too funny. I went through all the effort swap those fugly red bulbs out for warm white ones. Much better, doesn't wash out the PF and plastics colors around them and is still plenty "dark" for Fear of the Dark mode.
Each to their own...

Hey hey easy now! We like our red bulbs dammit!

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

OK I get it you have had trouble and you are annoyed with the level of tweaking you had to do to a new pin, but have you got it dialled now and happy with the game?
I understand if I buy the Premium then I might have some fiddly tweaking to do, but as long as I can get it dialled perfect and stable in the end I will be happy.
Are there any people here who found theirs was easy to set up and play and does not require constant adjustment?
Also are people happy with the quality of these games? or are there some issues like in previous recent releases such as ghosting inserts and other playfield and build quality issues?
I have just sold the pin that is going to fund my next purchase, still unsure on IM I really don't want to buy into trouble and headaches.

As long as you have decent repair skills and don't mind tinkering with a game you will be just fine. I would never recommend the Premium model to someone that doesn't have any repair skills at all though. The Newton balls are a very poor design and the Sarcophagus lock is a pain to deal with if it ever doesn't work correctly.

Its a great game though and i love mine and i will never sell it. It is probably the funnest game that i own.

#4863 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Rejoined the club with a NIB premium, production date May 28 2019. I assume all fixes are done on these now ?
Also got a nice signed photo:[quoted image]

The only thing that they changed as far as i know are the pointed hex pins on the newton balls. Other than that you can probably still expect to have a screwed up auto launch possibly and the newton balls coming out of adjustment maybe. This is just a game that requires a lot of tinkering from time to time.

#4877 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Later games have been a piece of cake.

Might be true but the sarcophagus lock on IMDN is not and the newton balls are not noob friendly either.

1 week later
#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is premium lightshow better than pro? I am a pro owner, worth to upgrade?

Nah not really. The lift up ramp and the Sarcophagus lock on the premium are the 2 things that make it worth upgrading, not the light show.

#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I absolutely hate the pro translite and replaced it with premium. I think it looks perfectly fine. Cab and translite share the same color palette while the back of the pf and side blades literally lifts the same art
[quoted image]

Looks good to me!

4 weeks later
#5143 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Has anyone here installed those little plastic blinders for the loop opto? Do they work? My game is only registering about 2/3 of the loops when they get going fast.
I can hit about 5-6 in a row now but I sometimes collect as little as 3.

The opto kit works great. My loop shots register every single time now. Well worth the money, which isnt much, like 12 bucks if i remember correctly?

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Did you just install the Opto part or the ball diverter as well?

I didnt install the ball diverter because my game had that fix installed from the factory.

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Mine didn't, guess I'll install that too. Thanks who-dey

Yw, let us know how them optos are registering.

#5173 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Just got a Premium at CAX...got some trouble and stupid questions
1. New headache...Pressing the right flipper button to select a song for a new game immediately triggers an Orb response/reward. If I keep flipping I get 25,000 in points every so often. Pressing the left flipper button has no effect. Slapping the cabinet in various places has no effect.
2. Ball went into secret passage and decided to hide in there...has done this a couple times
3. Lots of left outlane drains. Adjusted sling power from 32 to 25, what have other people done?
4. Lots of playfield glare from the translite. IM is in a dark garage. Is there as backbox LED adjustment? Shine a spotlight on the playfield? Pinstadium? Buy expensive glass (PDI, HD, etc...)?
5. I like the music to callout volume ratio, but is there a way to tone down the sound effects?
Any recommended settings?
6. Got this as a used demo. No box or paperwork with a serial number. Looked inside on coin door....where do I find the SN?
Thanks!
BobC

I can answer most of your questions.

#1. The newton ball/orb on the botton left is the one being triggered when you press the flipper buttons. You will need to raise the playfield and tighten it up if its loose. That alone will probably fix the problem so try that before adjusting it. If it keeps coming loose you can put a drop of blue loctite on it so it doesn't. If its not loose you will need to adjust the leaf switch ever so slightly....its very hard to get adjusted properly but once you get it you're probably good for a long time.

#2 sounds like a switch adjustment is needed there as well.

#3 not sure but i would guess you may be able to help your issue with what you're doing.

#4 there is a backbox beightness adjustment during gameplay. Put that on 10% and the problem will be solved.

#5 i think there is a way to tone down the sound effects but im not sure how to access it and im not near my game right now.

#6 you can find the serial number on the back of the cabinet. Hope this helps.

#5175 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Thanks! I'll get to it!

There is a hex shaped stem that screws on to the newton ball that fits into the plastic spoon switch under the playfield. Thats what I'm talking that is probably loose. Its pretty common for that to happen.

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Dammit.
I just went to mezel to order the loop kit and of course they are sold out. Pretty sure they were in stock when I looked at them 48hrs ago.
Does anyone know another seller I can order from?

Pinball life has them. Just get this kit and be done with it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html

#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I’m in the club! Picked up an IMDN Premium tonight! Love it! It is in beautiful shape.

Congratulations, you're going to love it!

#5244 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can someone post a pic of the metal protector ?

Yeah i would like to know what a metal orbit protector is myself.....

#5246 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Here is a pic. Only been in a for a few games so far, and it has already taken a beating.
I believe newer games come with this installed already. Interesting design, but it works well. Game play is the same.
[quoted image]

What is it supposed to do though? Are you talking about the metal piece that is laying on the shooter lane? Sorry im just lost and im not around my game right now to look at it.

#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The metal piece at the bottom of the center ramp.
When you shoot the ball at the center target and it falls onto the playfield it puts a lot of wear on the playfield.
There is mylar there, but for many people it gets all chewed up and can cause ball hangups.
On some games with a lot of plays, it has worn the playfield down to the wood.
This reinforces the area.
If you don’t have the protector, feel that area on your game and see how it feels.

Im going to have to look but im pretty sure that i don't have that on my game..is it easy to install?

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Very easy to install. You peel part of the backing off, align it to the up post and press down. Pull the rest of the backing off and stick the rest of it down. Took about 1 minute.

Should i peel up the mylar in that orbit first? I think its starting to bubble like other peoples games on here?

#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The instructions that come with the protector say to remove the mylar if damaged. I left mine on as it wasn’t bad.
If you tip a can of air duster upside down and spray the mylar to freeze it, it should peel up very easily.

Thanks for the help. It looks like the ball will ride on the metal piece and not the playfield. Im going to have to call Stern and have them send me that piece.

#5266 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Spoke with Chaz . One protector on the way!

Definitely will be calling to get me one soon also.

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How damaged does it have to be for them to send one? Not sure mine will make the cut

You dont need any damage at all. If your game didnt come with one they will send you one.

#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They asked me to send pics of the area. I assumed they would say it was fine.

I figured that it was something that they started putting on games after the initial first run games and that they would send early buyers one for free. Its kind of a little too late once the playfield is damaged isnt it? I thought that was the whole point, to keep damage from occurring.

3 weeks later
#5440 4 years ago

I am cleaning my game after only about 200 plays since it was last cleaned and it is absolutely filthy with black rubber. Could Stern have used any cheaper rubbers than they did on this game? I have got to get these off of the game fast!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.