(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ucsbaviator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8599 3 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

iron maiden again production?

Supposedly another production run is about to take place. I have a preorder in and am hoping that it actually happens. One positive note is that it no longer shows “sold out” on the the Stern website.

4 months later
#9074 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Game exchange of Colorado Still has them listed, give JJ a call, he might still have a few left from this run, that's where I got mine from.

Did you get yours already?

1 month later
#9289 2 years ago
Quoted from N8man:

DIY topper finished
vid here
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is sweet! I’m in for one if you decide to start producing and selling them!

1 week later
#9475 2 years ago

Proud new member of the club with a pro that is my first NIB purchase. Wife and 11yo daughter absolutely love it as much as I do! This is so much more of an adrenaline rush than our Stern Kiss pro. Three questions...

1. There is what appears to be 2 pieces of plastic that do not meet up at the top of the right side of the shooter lane. Is this a broken piece or just 2 pieces that aren't meeting up? (see first attached image) My ocd is kicking in and wanting to do something to correct this!

2. I installed a shaker motor and have tested it and have it set at max use, but it doesn't appear to have as much shaking as I expected (as much as the one on my Kiss). Is this normal for this game? Maybe I am just concentrating so much on playing, I am missing it.

3. I moved one post to the center position (it was in the top hole) near the right exit lane (pic below)...was just curious if most everyone's was in the top hole vice the center?

IMG_3132 (resized).jpgIMG_3132 (resized).jpgIMG_3133 (resized).jpgIMG_3133 (resized).jpg
#9478 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

1. On my new one its 2 pieces like yours, but they are squared up. Didn't check how it attaches but there must be a way to adjust it.
2. I don't have a shaker, but the times I have played one with a shaker I felt the effect was a lot smaller than many other machines I've played. The stock game/sound effects already are already pretty rumbly, so the difference is smaller. It was still cool, and I'll probably get one eventually.
3. Mine arrived with left outlane post at top and right outlane post at middle. The location machine nearest my house from the original run is the same way and they never did any maintenance or adjustment on it at all, so I assume that's how it arrived.

Thanks! I feel a lot better now. Except for the tendon in my right arm from playing so much…may have to take a break from playing for a few days!

2 weeks later
#9665 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and check what you recommended to make sure and it is all good.
I ended up adjusting the shooter lane guide and it solved the issue 100%. It was literally 1.5 mm off adjustment.

My manual and auto plunge were both working 4.0…until about 2 days ago. Now my manual is probably making the loop 75% of the time and auto is probably around 90%. I’ll look at trying to do what you did.

#9675 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It is a very easy fix. Before you start bending the guide take it out and put it on a piece of paper and use it a template to draw the curve it currently has, that way, if you make an abrupt change, you can easily use the drawing on the paper as a guide for the ball guide (no pun intended - yikes).
I say this because I small adjustment is a big adjustment/change.
I recommend that you take the guide completely off. Easily done by remove the screw at the bend plus the leveler and it comes out, then you can make adjustments.
once you are done, I use the test-->coil-->single coil test and select the plunger
It might take you a couple trial and errors but in a nutshell, you do not want the ball too close to the ball guide across nor the tip of the small flipper, it has to pass right through the centre to accommodate for a least than perfect launch.
Ok that was long winded! good luck

Thanks Fandango! I will give it a shot this week when I have some more time. Taking our 11yo to the Kiss concert tonight!

#9723 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yeah, just checked mine. Mine has a thin piece of stainless steel, I assume it's stuck down with adhesive? The game is pretty new and I don't have that many games on it yet. Fortunately I don't see any curling. I will definitely keep an eye on it though.

Mine is a Aug 2021 build and has what appears to be mylar at first glance, but upon closer inspection is a thin piece of stainless steel that is starting to curl and is affecting the ball movement...almost stopping it in its tracks in some cases. Would the Cliffys carbon fiber protector even help in this case or do I just need to try to get that to lay flat?

#9728 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Given that I just picked up this new pro, and noticed this thin stainless steel protector as well, I have not had to deal with it yet. However, I would assume that it is just attached to the underlying playfield with some type of adhesive. If I were to notice that mine was curling, I would probably take mine completely off, clean that area up as well as I could, and if felt compelled to put another protector on, I would probably switch to Cliffy's carbon fiber protector (I would think that as soon as you started bending that stainless protector to try and undo the curling, it would just create warps and dents, and you would probably be ultimately displeased).
I've used Cliffy's carbon fiber playfield post protectors on some of my games, and I would imagine it is just a larger piece of that same material... pretty strong stuff and might even be a little bit thinner than the stainless protector that's on there now.

Does that carbon fiber just adhere to the playfield with adhesive or is it installed in a different manner?

4 months later
#11047 2 years ago

Just recently started having a problem with the forward lock post on the left orbit. The post raises and retracts just fine, but the black rubber housing around it gets caught up and remains raised in the way of ball travel. What is the best way to secure this piece to the metal post so that it remains on it and doesn't come loose?

IMG_3679 (resized).jpgIMG_3679 (resized).jpg
#11051 2 years ago

Thanks! I tried searching the posts and never found that. I appreciate the guidance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ucsbaviator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=ucsbaviator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.