(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,815 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by nickrivers
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8444 (resized).jpeg
IMNewtonBallLeaf01 (resized).jpg
IMG_5677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5676 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm getting quite a few balls getting caught in between the sarcophagus lock and the plastic - it's jamming the sarcophagus lock and I'm sure eventually will lead to motor burnout, or something breaking. Anybody have a suggested fix for this?

Same here. I think the easy fix is to Mount a Hex Spacer on top the plastic with the original screw. Mentioned someone before.

2 years later
#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I've had enough with the flakey GI sockets; I want to replace the sockets (inconveniently) located under the flipper mechs. Does anyone have pictures of what they look like under there so I can order the correct ones?

Just replaced them on my AiQ. Were really bad. It's not so easy, because they are soldered and nailed/hammered (don't know the word) in the playfield. I think it's the same on IMdn. Replaced them with thin ones that have to be screwed in the playfield. Working now, but wasn't easy.

Try to bent the sockets from above slightly together first to make better contact. Worked for me on my IMdn and was very, very much easier this way. If the sockets are bad, much more to do...

4 months later
#8768 2 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

One question: pro vs premium only 44 point in ranking, best pro 2k -?

I would miss the physical lock, the second captive ball, the underworld, and even the cipwm mode. The pro is a very good choice and pin anyway. I would not decide based on ranking. Pro ranking is more from players on location, prem/le more from home use players I think. For example: I think AiQ pro is a very good choice and has a greater gap to prem/le ranking. But the pin is not ranked as good from location players because of very confusing / complex rules... Just my opinion

#8770 2 years ago
Quoted from fhk:

thanks for the reply, premium always for home? walking, turtles, metalica, deadpool, jurasic?

No, that's not what I meant. Just check and trust your own opinion more than the ratings. Ratings will be different if players rate based on location or home play.

My opinion on these pins: IMdn Prem/le, wd pro, turtles I'm not sure..., metallica pro, deadpool pro, JP prem/le (even I own a pro and I'm very happy with it, but JP is so good, I think you enjoy all features even they are not really needed-just like ImDn).

4 weeks later
#8975 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

2 quick questions for the IM LE-
Playfield angle like other Elwins (6.8-7.0) or standard 6.5?
When I get a ball locked in the captive ball (Sarcophagus lock I think), and sometimes when I pound the captive ball (and get too direct of a hit), it knocks it out the back and starts a fake multiball that kills the flippers when the first ball drains. I should not be able to knock the locked ball out the back. Any idea why this is happening or how to stop?
just a note, flippers don't droop on this one like JP and AIQ (I like that better).

I think Elwin said he plays 7 degrees, but plays fine with 6.5 as well.

Go through lock test in menu. So you can check the difference between ball locked only or ball locked and ready for Mummy Multiball. Sounds like a switch is not triggering the right moment or not triggering at all.

1 month later
#9370 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Nothing happens when I hit it by hand. It was working for the first hour of play today.the switch says it’s ok in the menu.
Should I loosen the screw and bring it down more? No loose wires I can see of.
[quoted image]

The Hex-metal-part came loose and now pushes the switch down permanently.

1 week later
#9493 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Same. Mine was launching shallow and bricking into the post below the upper left upper flipper.
The very first step is to adjust the the lane guide itself. Here is what stern sent me. It's a 15 minute job that fixed the issue for me, but it's now failing again. I'm not sure about a more permanent fix as I would assume the wedge hack brings the launch lower?
[quoted image]

After adjusting again and again it works now since a long time for me. It's more 95% success, not really 100%. Keep in mind that a hot coil behaves different than a cold one. I changed the auto Plunger coil to a stronger one as well. If you do, you can do better adjustment in the menu (original coil needs full power - no chance to adjust more power. The stronger coil will need power down in the menu). It's better for gameplay that the ball hits the upper flipper than the post if it fails. It should never hit the lower post.

If you don't want to wax again and again, try to adjust with "natural" dirt and rubber on the playfield. It will keep working for a long time like that without doing anything. And no, my playfield is not very dirty, I just clean it a little from Time to time without wax.

I think it's the only one real design issue in such a great game. Get used to press left flipper button for ball launch and have fun

2 months later
#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Not sure how the ball got back there but it must have been moving fast.
[quoted image]

There is a ball trap fix kit and loop register kit. I think Mezel Mods sells that in the US.

1 month later
#10756 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Sounds like the switch might need a small adjustment - bit of a pain with it being in the sarcophagus. I haven't had to take that apart yet, but I assume its one of the more complicated bits.
I still have 2 minor issues I haven't resolved yet:
1) Balls not registering in the underworld - I shoot under the ramp and the game just pauses, eventually goes into ball search and then kicks the ball back out. The switch arm under there is tiny, I'm sure the ball just doesn't press it all the way down sometimes depending on how it rolls into the scoop/saucer.
2) Ball keeps getting stuck in the upper loop behind the ramp when it is open.
Minor problems aside - this game is just incredible! Those of you getting this delivered, you are really in for a treat.

1) The ball gets stuck on the corner in the underworld. Try to bent the metal parts carefully. Worked for me, no issues any more.

1 week later
#10839 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

there is an user that 3d printed horse shoe type washers but round, so you don't need to remove anything just loose it up, slide it in, tight down.

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/07xGOdo9scD

If someone wants to print... You have to push a little and it will snap in. Petg holds up quite well. Print in high quality because it's just a very small part. Don't overtighten.

#10840 2 years ago

Looks like this...

IMG_20210226_173646 (resized).jpgIMG_20210226_173646 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#11164 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Does anyone here have cliffy's on their maiden? I put some on last week and the in lane protectors keep lifting a little. It's not a big deal but it interferes with shatz shots a bit. Wonder what I can do to get them to sit right.

These are good on pins that drop the balls directly on the switch. I think you don't need them on IMdn, balls drop above the switch on the mylar. I would recommend shooter lane and outhole Cliffy on that pin.

11 months later
#12684 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Ok...need some opinions! I know it's always personal taste/situation. NIB pro for 6700 or wait and pay the 10k for premium when I can get one. Not that the extra 3k is chump change but i can swing it. I have only played the pro a few times. Love the theme and the game.
Thanks

I would take the pro now. It's a very good game. Yes, the premium / le is the complete package (I own a LE). The ball lock, underworld ramp etc... But, as most pro machines, it's (nearly) the same fun. If you miss anything, you can sell the pro and get a premium later.

3 weeks later
#12790 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have a flickering GI lamp on my left lane assembly that has has been doing this ever since I bought the game NIB. I have tried oblonging the socket to make better contact with the 44 lamp. I have stretched the spring in the socket to make better contact with the lamp, I have even replaced the lamp thinking it was faulty. Nope. Still flickers when in game and especially when the ball goes back and fourth between the slings. Can’t access the socket unless you remove the left flipper assembly, which I have not done, and wondering if that is the next step I should do to check for a loose wire or something. I think someone mentioned adding some solder to the bottom of the lamp too which I will try this evening. Anybody else had this problem and what did you do to fix it.

Had that problem on my AiQ, NIB as well. Was faulty sockets. Ended up changing all sockets and never had a problem again. It's really a pain to repair because the sockets are just hammered in the wood from downside and the insulate paper over that as well, all under the flipper ground plate, which you have to remove first. Hard to repair design on that part. Decided to solder in new sockets and changed to the flat screw-in ones, so I can change them easier if they don't work again. If you have long time success with some solder from the top, it's definitely the easier way... But anyway: parts are cheap, so could be worse

3 months later
#13655 9 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Maybe adjusting the switch to be lower and not stick up into the trough so much

That's the right idea. Just try to bend a little, check if the switch moves free. Make sure to mount the whole part steep enough. Maybe a washer could help. The ball should never stuck on this switch and press it down with it's own weight. Your pin should be level left/right as well, just double check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trektobbygermany.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=trektobbygermany and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.