(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tktlwyr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4562 4 years ago

The premium/LE, in general, is just a better experience all the way around.

I hate every time I have to play a pro.

1 month later
#4808 4 years ago

I'm still having occasional issues with the game losing track of the number of balls in play during Mummy MB. Some code to address this would be nice.

2 weeks later
#4977 4 years ago

Extra ball is awarded at the stand up target for the standard skill shot.

1 week later
#4994 4 years ago
Quoted from jlaham24:

So I have a question for everyone who has tuned their machines - did any of you mess with the flippers by lowering or raising them to help with shooting the ball up the ramps ? Some days I can nail them np then others days I’m brick city

Didn’t have to change a thing.

#5009 4 years ago

Legacy of the Beast Tour starts tonight in Sunrise, FL! UP THE IRONS!

#5018 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not true about secret skill shot, got them without pushing left flipper.
I’ll test it out for sure but don’t think you need to use left flipper to call it.

There are the standard skill shot, super skill shot (hold up left flipper) and a few super secret skill shots.

#5019 4 years ago
AF36986C-CA1C-4754-B708-901CFD36A421 (resized).jpegAF36986C-CA1C-4754-B708-901CFD36A421 (resized).jpeg9A481DAD-3F0E-4932-9427-1076112E9F34 (resized).jpeg9A481DAD-3F0E-4932-9427-1076112E9F34 (resized).jpeg
#5033 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

jfink8222 Grats on the new machine, we love it and still are learning how to get points on the board in a regular manner.
My question of the day is specifically what modes can be stacked. I think it was fear of the dark I just stacked with trooper multi-ball that got me the fear of the dark champion.
Does anyone have a list of recommended stacks on IM?
Thanks!
Mike

Flight of Icarus, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Fear of the Dark can be stacked with Trooper and Mummy.

3 weeks later
#5221 4 years ago

Not on this game but I had an LED On an LED node board on my BM66 crap out. $200 for the board because one LED lost the red color.

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Before anyone pays that, check with Borygard here. He's been able to fix some node board problems.

Thanks, Vic!

6 months later
#6111 4 years ago

I was making a Valinor run last Sunday (3 ball/factory/replay/widened outlanes with small rubbers)

I had to start one more mode, DTR, TABA, collect gift 7 and complete two more multiballs. I fumbled the ring.

My IMDN is set to 3 ball/replay/competition install.

Progression to Valinor is substantially easier than RTTH.

701225EC-82CF-498D-8B73-77E562D0FDD6 (resized).jpeg701225EC-82CF-498D-8B73-77E562D0FDD6 (resized).jpegD1726169-192E-435C-9023-D839D5ADDC76 (resized).jpegD1726169-192E-435C-9023-D839D5ADDC76 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#6276 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Guys. My machine is playing great but with one issue and its really cheesing me off.
So lately when I go to start my mummy mb. I hit the newton ball it pops the ball out into play. But, it won't trigger the start of multiball.
So then I hit it again. This time it reads that no ball is in the sarcophagus lock and so it launches a new ball into play.
Then when I drain out of mummy mb. Even if I have 2 balls left in play still, mb ends. Once the 2nd ball drains it registers as end of ball, even though I still have one ball left in play.
What really stinks though is. Any other multiball gets messed up. So if I start trooper afterwards. It'll kick an extra ball into play. Or aces high or rime.
The only good thing is. Once I drain out of MB for this mode. I'll still have 2 balls in play. But, now when the last ball drains. My ball doesn't end. It'll let me finish the other ball that's still in play.
Its a really weird glitch and it has killed some really good balls of mine. I'd like to fix it. The newton ball actually registers pretty dang well right now. So I don't think its an issue with it not reading me hitting that.
I'd like to fix this as this is my only outstanding issue on this pin and it get it back up to like 99%.

Also, check the switches for both the sarcophagus lock and the Newton ball. If the ball is coming out of the sarcophagus and not starting multiball, it would seem that the issues are there and not necessarily in the out trough. The premium/LE games can be tricky to adjust in this area. Go into test mode and use a ball, not a finger.

2 months later
#6669 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

7 static colors, 351 various flash, fade and chase light patterns. Adjustable brightness. Adjustable speed on the light transition patterns. Auto switching functionality through the entire list of 358 light / light transition patterns or to auto scroll through your favorite 8 patterns that you can select and save to your custom DIY list.........and selecting just plain red is an option also.
The lower cost 5.25" speaker plates that I am selling make this type of Speaker Light Kit / speaker upgrade (speakers sold separately...and not sold by me) in a Pro or Premium game a much more affordable option than it was previously.
Doug - (SpeakerLightKits.com)

...and Doug’s customer service is second to none!

I was looking for something very specific and Doug spent the time discussing my options with me and ultimately found what I wanted.

I placed another order yesterday.

#6676 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

So an Iron Madien Premium has 4" speakers as standard, is that correct?
Cheers.

Correct.

1 week later
#6697 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

later he says that maiden plays too easy, the balltimes were too long, so he squeezed JP. That's gotta be the first person I've heard say IM balltimes are too long.

It is multiball heavy and the ball times can be long. Honestly, it’s why I don’t play it more than I do and I love the game.

#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My first flip with the left flipper is typically always going for sweeping the drops to light locks. Then, depending on what mode is lit - I’ll lock 2 balls, start a mode, start trooper.
On the flip side, as i setup a mode + mb stack; I start getting mummy mb ready As well. Fear of the Dark has good synergy with mummy, So sometimes I’ll push for a mummy mb before troooper mb depending on what mode is ready.

I typically start by concentrating on the ramps until the ball save expires. The ramps can get a little tedious and this allows me to pick off the ramps AND qualify a mode. Where I go from there depends on the mode I qualified. If it's one of the multiballs, you can work on a lot of things in AH or ROTAM, except qualifying the locks, and builds your progress towards Cyborg.

If it's one of the non-multiball modes, I'll qualify my locks (which one depends on where I am in regards to progress from just shooting around), start the mode and then bring whichever multiball I qualified in.

#6720 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

From my recollection when I had to replace the cruddy switches on my LE soon after taking possession of it there are only two switches on the mummy lock, one at the front and one at the back. So no way to detect a second ball stored behind the first one unless they could "derive" it from it passing over the back switch. Seems like an unlikely change a this point though.

This is how EHOH deals with Trunk Multiball. It's triggered by the left opto on the ramp or the opto beneath the trunk if it sneaks in from the playfield.

4 months later
#7608 3 years ago

I did the flaming speaker light mod on my IMLE today. I think I’ll keep it.

#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

That looks great. I assume it was from this guide? ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bksor-flaming-speaker-mod-diy
Did you have any trouble with the mod?

Thank you! That was the guide. A few things were still unclear that I had to figure out.

4 weeks later
#7811 3 years ago

Full/Verify update has deleted all my settings and high scores.

#7818 3 years ago

1.08 is noticeably different from 1.06.

2 weeks later
#8206 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I got my Iron Maiden Pro towards the end of last year and it had originally been sited on location in a bar for a year or so. Have just received some protectors and mods and have started doing a complete tear down. Would like to clean it before I put all the new parts on.
Have just got to the ramps. Does anyone have some tips on removing these or advice? The ramp entrance flaps seem to be stuck to the playfield. I don't want to do something I shouldn't.
Thanks!
Adam.

I haven’t pulled the ramps on Maiden but with the ramps on Elwin’s other games, you have nuts that need to be removed under the playfield.

8 months later
#9635 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I haven't played my IM for awhile and today noticed the secret skill shot isn't working. The in and outlane switches work and secret skillshot setting is set to yes. Any ideas of what could be going on?

Sounds like the game is triggering another switch and negating the skill shot.

You may want to play around in the switch test to find which one it is.

4 weeks later
#9880 2 years ago

For those looking, here’s the autoplunger fix (courtesy of Neil McRae):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/35#post-4806866

1 month later
#10364 2 years ago

The more powerful Stern coil works perfect and then you dial it in with the power setting in the adjustment menu.

I applied the same fix to my AIQ launcher and it is much more consistent.

2 months later
#10986 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

New Iron Maiden LE owner here and first time owning a game with these NODE Boards.
I thought I'd share/archive some technical information in case someone runs into a similar problem. In the end the answers were simple as many issues are, but finding the simple answer is the challenge particularly not knowing the system. (It is also nice to have a friend who owns the game to compare-Thanks Dave!)
So here is the story:
Upon powering the game up:
Locating Node Boards/10 NODE not found.
Check Diagnostics: Technician Alert (1/1): Check NODE Board 10 Not Responding. (This was the only Technician Alert)
For those who might not know, or are receiving the error message, NODE Board 10 on Iron Maiden LE is the board that activates the Intelligent Dome in the upper right section of the game. (Technically it is Board 10a, but it is still NODE Board 10)
My immediate thought after reading Pinside and about these newer games was that I probably need a new NODE 10 Board. But I poked around for a bit and consulted with my friend who owns an LE also to see if there was something simple.
In comparing, diagnosing and documenting what was happening, and not happening there were 3 things discovered that were amiss:
1) The DIP Switches on NODE Board 10 were not in the correct orientation. On NODE Board 10 they are supposed to be oriented in OFF-ON-OFF-OFF in positions 1-2-3-4. They were not. (This is shown in the manual and a printed to card that comes with the game)
(I was hoping this basic idea was it, but it did not solve the problem. However, the DIP switches need to be correct for the boards to communicate)
2) The data cables connecting the main board and NODE Boards 8, 9 and 10 did not match the cable diagram with the game.
(I reconfigured the cables to match the diagram, but that did not solve the problem. Everything else worked on the game, so this was not critical it seemed, but I figured it should match the diagram anyway).
3) The LED lights on NODE Board 10 were not always lighting up when the game powered on. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. This implied NODE Board 10 was not getting continuous power. (I could only see these lights with the playfield raised)
After reseating the power connector on NODE Board 10 (just below the left red LED indicator on that board) and reseating the connectors at the backbox, the lights at NODE Board 10 would again sometimes come on again and then go back off. This lead to looking at the power connectors more carefully.
At the backbox everything seemed ok and tight. A power check with a DMM confirmed 0v at NODE Board 10 and 48V at CN5 (Playfield Power Connector). (And of course the LEDs on NODE Board 10 are again OFF, which confirms the power is 0V there) . The connector seemed tight at NODE Board 10.
After unplugging the connector at CN5 and using a DMM checking for continuity, the ground was OK from the connector to the NODE Board 10, but the circuit along the grey wire connecting CN5 to NODE Board 10 was not continuous. After checking the pins and plugs, it turned out the molex plug connector located on the cabinet floor had a loose pin (i.e., a grey wire and pin were loose and backed out-this was the wire that went to NODE Board 10). So it was not fully seated and therefore not making contact. What was probably happening is when I reseated the connectors I jostled the cable just enough so that the pin at the intermediate connector would make intermittent contact and then the contact was broken when I lowered the playfield and the cable moved.
Once that pin was fully seated, the LEDs on NODE Board 10, came on, there was no technician alert and the Intelligent Dome lit up.
For the TLDR crowd, if a NODE Board is not responding, check to see if it is getting power (look at the LEDs), check that the connectors are tight, check that the DIP switches are set correctly and the data cables are correct.
Hopefully this helps someone down the road.
Up the Irons!

Thanks for the props, Jeff!

Once we straightened out the dip switches and cables, you advised of the power flicker. I knew it was connector related. Hell, even the distributor with professional techs thought it was the node board. It just goes to show that having an understanding of the basics is still important in the Spike era.

Personally, this is the 4th Spike 2 title that I have found a pin not seated fully in a Molex connector that was causing an issue. It makes you wonder how many node boards have been changed out needlessly.

Oh yeah…welcome to the club, my brother!

1 month later
#11230 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Hehe, so without even thinking I bought both the half annubis mod that goes on the back right and the obelisk dome cover mod. Me knowing that they go in the same place but didn't even think about it. Trying them both out. But eventually I imagine ones gonna have to go. Think before you start buying alot of mods for different games at TPF is the moral

Same thing here. LOL

1 week later
#11259 2 years ago

You guys are funny…6.8, 6.9, 7.0. LOL

I approximate the threads of the feet sticking up thru the legs. Bubble in level is usually a little higher than the line and BAM! It usually matches the height of my other games and plays great. Even hit a perfect side to side level with Godzilla last week when I check with the level.

#11261 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It’s nice when you can start with level floors.

Certainly that helps. My game room is a garage conversion in which the floors definitely have a pitch to one side.

8 months later
#12361 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

To the folks who own a Premium: have you had any issue with node board which controls the ramp?

I know where you’re going with this. The ramp in IMDN is controlled by a solenoid and not a motor, like Rush. Node 10 in IMDN simply controls the lighting of the “intelligent dome” in the back, right corner.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
4 months later
#13010 11 months ago

I simply bent the flange that the Guardian mounts on towards the front of the game. Everything clears.

#13019 11 months ago

Some of those links for the home made lighting parts are no longer valid. You’ll have to dig around for replacements.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tktlwyr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=tktlwyr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.