(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,622 posts
  • 592 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,609 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200522_144244 (resized).jpg
KME and ZY (resized).jpg
BE35E168-10F7-4E50-9A69-646C6498CE5B (resized).jpeg
C33E998F-9E48-46F2-A509-64B4F88A18D6 (resized).jpeg
4F80E67C-7128-4B3F-A7BC-0BA75471AD7E (resized).jpeg
60D96D59-4966-471C-B8C5-4D49DD592A97 (resized).jpeg
8BC0AF6C-7284-4492-ABB7-3A4F9DD5FD1B (resized).jpeg
237955E6-A7F9-4E4B-9A19-A3A71CD75564 (resized).jpeg
6FD8D560-9009-41F0-BF08-F4AFCE1E8E2A (resized).jpeg
20200518_163807 (resized).jpg
20200518_163744 (resized).jpg
20200518_163408 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200514_233303 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200514_233157 (resized).jpg
20200514_215700 (resized).jpg
20200514_215654 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (2 years ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (1 year ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (10 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (8 months ago)

Post #5829 Sarcophagus dumps ball instead of locking problem area to check Posted by metallik (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tinyblackdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5738 6 months ago

Joined the Pro club today - bought a HUO Nov 2018 build with great looking clear coat. Looked at another one a month ago that was horrible, so I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find a decent one.

Loving the game so far (3 games in). Have a Pinball Life shaker motor and titan rings ready to install. Think I’m going to leave it pretty stock, other than hooking it up to my Polk sub. May research upgraded back box speakers - they are really crappy sounding.

#5742 6 months ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm not really into mods, but I did put the Pin Monk lens tree mod in mine, an absolute must have in my opinion. I see games on location without it and they just don't look right.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02139-iron-maiden-lens-tree

That is actually really cool. I did something similar on my Metallica for the fuel gauge, although it was just colored gel filters taped under the playfield - this is much nicer, and totally makes sense.

Slippery slope, but I’m thinking this machine is going to be in my collection for awhile, so I don’t mind a few “small” mods. Famous last words...

3 weeks later
#5767 5 months ago

In the past month I picked up both an Iron Maiden Pro and Jurassic Park Premium. I’ve spent a fair amount of time with both now and while they are both amazing games, I have to say I’m having more fun playing the IM. This really surprised me, and I’m trying to figure out why it is.

First of all, I’m not a very good player and JP is pretty brutal when you are missing shots. IM doesn’t seem to have as many tight shots as JP. I’ve gotten much better at hitting the left ramp on IM but the right ramp and both of the half loop ramps on JP still give me fits.

Secondly, I really love the sound package on IM. I am a big Maiden fan but it is more than that. The call outs are just head and shoulders above JP.

I think I also like the variety of modes on IM vs the paddock repetition on JP. There is lots more than that I know (control rooms, CHAOS, TRex, Raptor, pteranodon) but it still feels repetitive, likely because of my mediocre skills and not getting very deep into the game.

Anybody else feel the same way? I fully expect to love JP more as I get better at it, but as of right now I am more inclined to hit the start button on IM than JP.

1 month later
#6041 3 months ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Thinking of selling a couple of games and getting my first NIB game. Choice is betwixt Iron Maiden and Jurassic Park (both Pro). What are your thoughts guys ? Are you still loving Iron Maiden ?

You are in a Maiden thread, so expect biased responses.

Having said that - I’ve owned an IMDN Pro since late November and a JP2 Premium since late December and they are both incredible games and you can’t go wrong with either one. I spend more time playing the JP2, but that is partly cause it is so hard and most games end with me frustratingly hitting the start button again.

But when I play Iron Maiden it just feels so balanced and perfect. Shots, call outs, music (I love Maiden), modes - everything just seems to come together into a complete package. Really puts a smile on my face after having a decent game.

Interestingly enough, everyone else in my family loves it too - including my wife who is not a fan of pinball or Maiden. When I hear someone go down into the game room and turn on a machine, more often than not it is IMDN.

I’m fortunate and glad I have both, but if I had to pick only one it would definitely be IMDN.

—-

P.s. one thing that had me hesitate in my choice is the new JP2 code that introduces the Escape Nublar mini game mode. What an incredible idea that I hope to see as an option in more and more machines. I know the purists might disagree but I know for a FACT I’m never going to hit some of these super wizard modes - why keep them hidden forever.

#6053 3 months ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Thanks for your input guys. I think I’m leaning more towards Iron Maiden at the moment.

Is used an option? You can save a good amount (at least 20%) and inspect the playfield before purchasing. I bought used and passed on the first one I looked at due to horrible planking and other playfield issues. Was fortunate enough to get an amazing one from a fellow pinsider at a great price.

Of course I have no idea what the supply of used IMDNs is in the UK.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tinyblackdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside