(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,841 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by John-from-PA
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3744 5 years ago

Couple of minor issues on my Premium in case anyone can help:

- the left hand side pop number LED is out, can these be replaced?

- does anyone know what the right hand torch light is for next the Anubis plastic? (left hand red LED seems to be lock available)

Cheers!

#3746 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

It's likely that it is not out, but that you just didn't realize that it is a flasher.

Nice one, you're dead right

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Yellow torch is when you have power ramps, red torch light is when there is a tomb treasure available.

Spot on, thanks.

2 weeks later
#3892 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Have never got close to Keefer, even during the GWR of 30hrs. Never did Gauntlet on PotC either, nor Lymans Lament on MB, nor final wizard on TF (completing BOTH sets of modes), although I did get to both Autobot and Decepticon mini wiz.
I honestly can't think of any of the other games that have been through my collection I have 'failed' on.
Game had no rubbers on the outlanes, standard tilt, factory settings.
I was well on the way to Valinor in competition at the UK Open a few years ago, but other player forfeited after his 2nd ball.
I have never set games up easy just to post a big score or achieve a wizard mode - don't see the point.
I've also got to many of those wizards, and others, on location or at friends, so it's not the way I have them set up.

I'm a failure on a number of my games, deep down I always knew it...

2 months later
#4530 4 years ago

Anyone added an external sub to their IM? Did you use crocodile clips on the cab sub lugs, did it improve things?

Cheers.

1 month later
#4856 4 years ago

I tried some warms in the slings instead of the reds and the art looked worse. Kind of yellowed out. What bulbs did you specifically use?

1 week later
#4939 4 years ago

Something that's working for me quite well is 'pushing' the plunger to make the skill shot. Not sure of the pinball term used for this but I'm sure there is one

10 months later
#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Cheers.
All updates from Stern are subject to "Stern slippage" - it's just how they operate.

Jump in now mate, game and code are amazing as it is!!!

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes, that’s it.
You’ll need the speakers as well as the 5.25” kit and lights from Doug. Super easy, no crazy wiring.
To wire the new 5.25” speakers, you can solder or crimp. I had some extra connectors laying around so I used a crimp tool. Just snip the existing speakers and connect however you prefer to the new speakers.

So an Iron Madien Premium has 4" speakers as standard, is that correct?

Cheers.

#6684 3 years ago

My Pinnovators kit arrived today! Wow... if there was ever a game that needed a sub it was this one! The difference is amazing!!!

Looking at those plates to upgrade to 5.25" speakers next!

3 months later
#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Update will be scant. Bug fixes and nothing else, and who knows when.
They need to churn out more games before this monopoly and renaissance ends.

Do you know this for a fact?? I thought someone previously indicated that there was more depth coming.

If it turns out to be true then it's a real kick in the balls to Maiden owners

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hell, id be happy with bug fixes and a nerfed loop extra ball.
Id be over the moon if we got a new track or two with the new jukebox mode Stern is implementing going forward.

With you there dude.

There was a recent podcast with the Stern code guy where he hinted at other things coming, such as developments with the death blows. So I hope we see a little bit more than what Tranquilize is suggesting.

3 weeks later
#7431 3 years ago

As far as bands, Maiden far > GNR

Regarding machines, I'm really happy with Maiden and wouldn't sell/trade it for what was revealed. Would just like to see some more code

#7437 3 years ago

Paul those scores are great compared to mine!

Last weekend I changed my outlane posts, as the left hand was killing me. I also tweaked the right flipper angle as it wasn't successful.

2 months later
#7708 3 years ago

Can't wait for this to drop!

KnockerPTSD I can guide you how to modify tracks. I swapped out Powerslave for Moon Child, also added aeroplane fx to the left ramp to jam with my plane/propellor mod.

#7728 3 years ago

Does anyone else find the time of day you play this makes a massive difference to your score? If I play mid-morning after a coffee everything comes together, then in the evening I'm shocking.... Must be those tight shots requiring perfect reaction times!

As far as the code I hope we see something coming with the death blows, as there was something mentioned in a podcast some months ago. They are a fun little thing to shoot for during a game.

#7731 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It doesn't matter what time of day, as long as I have somewhere to be and it was just one quick game to bat the ball around. Those are my best scores.

Ha I hear you there brother!!

1 week later
#7756 3 years ago

It's tomorrow!!!!

(meaning today)

#7789 3 years ago

All this clock watching for the code, I hope there are some nice surprises and it's not just bug fixes (please!)

#7794 3 years ago

Keith did say it would be released pending any bugs. One wonders if some pesky bugs have since emerged...

#7939 3 years ago

Anyone else managed to successfully open the new code in Pinball Browser yet?

It won't open in v6 after unpacking. It opens in v7 but there are no sounds recognised.

#7985 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Joined the club yesterday! My hands hurt I played it so much. Merry Christmas!!
[quoted image]

The best present! Merry Christmas mate!!

#8080 3 years ago

Just installed the new code tonight. Man this game is bolted to the floor more than ever!

Its the best game I own and have ever played.... LOVE IT!

#8104 3 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Hit a flight of icarus 7-way combo, nearly shit a brick.

Wow! How did you not choke up??

#8122 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I had WW in mine and then replaced them with Comet Sunlights. They are perfect for this game.

Do you guys still leave the red LEDs in for modes like Fear of the Dark?

#8159 3 years ago

If the Stern guys are checking this thread >>> please consider reducing the music attentuation during the end of ball bonus count, the music could be slightly louder and not lose the count up sound fx. Thanks.

#8187 3 years ago

You can replace music/fx fine on 1.08, get on with it.

#8193 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Why would you ever want to change the music?!? Maiden rules!!

Not a huge fan of Powerslave so add Moonchild and The Clairvoyant

1 month later
#8497 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I forgot to mention that if it wasn't commonly known, there are speaker impedance software settings for each set of speakers (not sure if this was introduced after the last update?). So in my example, since I am using car audio speakers, I needed to change the backbox speaker setting from 8 to 4 ohm. With fader and 10band EQ settings (also individually controlled between backbox and cabinet speakers), you really can fine tune the audio.

Thank you so much for pointing this out. I upgraded my Prem speakers to Kenwoods and thought the sound quality took a step backwards, but this setting and some the other fine tuning (reducing bass frequency) has made the game sound great. Cheers!

3 months later
#8748 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:The left ramp, especially, on Maiden is almost entirely mental, IMO. There's plenty of room to make it, but those pop bumpers make it SEEM hard. I've found that I can get into the flow of left/right/left/right ramp shot combos when I'm not thinking about the shots too hard, just thinking about where I need to go.
Of course, Laysah disagrees, but she just enjoys being a contrarian.

What PinMonk said. This is definitely a game to zone out to. When I think too hard it goes to crap.

3 weeks later
#8847 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Our Maiden pro = over 3k games played in the last 31mo. Somehow feels like a modern styling on an 80s SS game to me (which I love). Never leaving.
Our AIQ premium = First off im a comic nerd. Gone in less than 6mo. Maybe 300 games? Some great shots....something missing. Meh.

Love that description of the game

2 weeks later
#8978 2 years ago

Yeah I've had that where the locked ball is accidentally knocked by heating the static ball target out and messes up the ball count.

#9013 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

If you want PM me and I’ll help you out.
I went with a colored one.
I went with the
[quoted image]

Why did you do that? Looks like a step backwards?

8 months later
#11234 2 years ago

Please can I ask for Pinside's help?

I would like to buy some warm GI bulbs but am away from my game. Are these the right bulbs, do i need bayonet or wedge?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs?variant=1806558134316

Cheers!!

#11236 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I believe everything is bayonet other than the spotlight which is a wedge. (hopefully someone else can confirm, but I'm 95% sure).
May I suggest using Sunlight instead of warm? It is significantly more warm than the stock bulbs, but much less yellow than warm. It is a great in-between, just right temperature in my opinion.
I would also suggest using frosted lenses. Much easier on the eyes any place you can see the bulb directly, and lights up just as well in the places you can't. I really wish all manufacturers would switch to using frosted. I doubt there is any cost difference.

Thank you mate!

3 months later
#11720 1 year ago

Makes you wonder why you need an IC kit in the home environment, if the players can be setup remotely?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=thewool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.