(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,845 posts
  • 603 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by jlock
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,656 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200710_202207 (resized).jpg
apizktdbq__49400.1575325914 (resized).jpg
fun47787-iron-maiden-eddie-glow-in-the-dark-pop-vinyl-figure-4-pack-popcultcha-01.1588304469 (resized).png
20200709_203746 (resized).jpg
IMG_6594 (resized).jpg
IMG_6593 (resized).jpg
DEE5A412-E437-4CED-A093-C1BF8B087FA9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200704_094634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200704_094054 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200704_094043 (resized).jpg
78AB0E93-2770-4964-8F4A-D594A7AB70DE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
D23664DC-5867-4518-8B2B-921ED947F1E0.jpeg
BF30621B-CFBE-46EE-9940-BE745D4BAE8F (resized).jpeg
23F6C642-7BB7-4BB4-9018-54B10B9EE32A (resized).jpeg
37CA77D4-2BAD-47A4-8E1C-D43C5E2A20F2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (2 years ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (1 year ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (1 year ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (11 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (10 months ago)

Post #5829 Sarcophagus dumps ball instead of locking problem area to check Posted by metallik (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supersquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2887 1 year ago

Help!!! Went to install new shooter rod, and when I lifted the play field, this screw fell into the cabinet. It looks like and adjustment screw, but for the life of me I cannot find where it goes. I looked over everything but nothing seems to be missing. Any ideas?

Mystery Screw (resized).jpg
#2889 1 year ago

Good idea, but the drop target adjusters are there along with the lock pins. It's something else.

#2965 1 year ago

If you don't have the manual, go to Stern's website under the game and download it. It will tell you what all the rubbers are. I went with the dark blue titan rubbers on mine. I'll try and get a pic of them.

#2970 1 year ago

I got a printed manual with my pro

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I'm thinking light blue lower playfield, orange upper playfield with purple post sleeve at the orb. Pics would be much appreciated.

I did Dk. Blue for all the rubber rings. I left the flipper rubbers black as I was going to put toppers on them, but didn't like the quality of them when I got them. Jagged cuts and not rounded. I left the post sleeves as black doesn't look bad on this machine and they are tapered to reduce air balls and nobody makes them tapered that I know of. The purple from Titan and PBL are to light IMO. Superbands have a dark purple that I think would look great, but I didn't want that much bounce. I might still try them though. I also did the gel light inserts from Mezel Mods and it looks awesome. Way better than just the white mode lights.

IMG_0049 (resized).jpgIMG_0050 (resized).jpgIMG_0051 (resized).jpgPlay Field Lit Up (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3429 1 year ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Does anyone know if there’s a plastic protectors set that has a piece that protects the plastic over the skill shot target. I like the yellow ones I’ve seen but no one seems to sell a full set, like pinbits does.

Little Shop of Games has a 9 piece protector set that's clear and it includes the skill shot your asking about. I put it on my game, then bought the yellow ones with the cutout in the middle for the slings and return lanes. What I do when I see something I want

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Has anyone noticed the Mummy Eddie insert (as well as the other 3 card inserts) is light blue which makes changing the color very difficult? I know the mod is for sale to color the cards, the modes, and the orbit comet but I've tried using a yellow gel for the mummy card but it turns green and there isn't a definitive way of getting a true yellow because of the blue tinted to the insert. Any input on this?

I bought the mod and installed it, but have never gotten the mummy card, so I couldn't tell you

1 week later
#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Before you adjust the switch i would first make sure that the hex shaped stem under the playfield has not came loose. If it has you need to tighten it back up instead of adjusting the switch. The problem is the bastards keep coming loose. Thats why i put a drop of blue loctite on mine and tightened it and let it sit for 24 hours.
The newton balls are absolutely f'ing junk! Your next problem will be it just isnt working smoothly and its not a matter of if it occurs, its when it does because its going to happen i promise you. Absolute f'ing garbage period!
Wait until your sarcophagus lock starts giving you problems. You are really gonna love that hunk of junk. You will probably end up taking a sledge hammer to your game!

Makes me glad I got a pro

#3525 1 year ago

Played both models before i got one. The only thing I kinda miss on my pro is the underworld scoop under the ramp. Just couldn't justify the extra money for that one feature though. Either way you go, this game is awesome.

2 weeks later
#3748 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Couple of minor issues on my Premium in case anyone can help:
- the left hand side pop number LED is out, can these be replaced?
- does anyone know what the right hand torch light is for next the Anubis plastic? (left hand red LED seems to be lock available)
Cheers!

Yellow torch is when you have power ramps, red torch light is when there is a tomb treasure available.

2 weeks later
#3854 1 year ago

Just put in the Eddie Neca figures in my pro. Couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a Cyborg Eddie, so I put a Trooper in its place. Not shown in the pictures, but put in all the Vireland colored light mods, and what a difference. Saw one on location, and all the white was horrible after having them.

IMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0143 (resized).jpgIMG_0144 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4160 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Guessing this a dumb question but, it's my 1st new Stern, and I'm at work now placing a order from PBL and I'm unsure of the flipper rubber size for the upper flippers. 2" or ?

The upper right flipper is standard size. Stern part #545-5277-00 for rubber. The upper left flipper is a mini flipper. Stern part#545-5207-00 for the rubber.
Hope this helps.

#4163 1 year ago

Yeah, the 1" mini flipper rubber is what you want for the one on the left. I actually got all my "rubbers" from Titan.

#4166 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Remember though, Robert Gagno beat the beast and scored 3.5 billion WITHOUT a rubber on the upper mini flipper

Yeah, but 2 things:
1) I can't imagine that it can be good for the plastic on the flipper.
2) I am not as good as him and would probably screw something up

1 week later
#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anybody added 2 minutes to midnight figure to replace cyborg flat plastic?
Just toying with the idea. Neca figure. 8 inches. [quoted image]

I put Trooper back there. Wanted the color and it looks cool.

IMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0144 (resized).jpg
#4275 1 year ago

Fits without any chopping off bits?!

Yup, just barely, but don't have to cut anything. The flag has to be lowered like I have it to fit, and I had to make it look like he's running with his right leg forward and the left leg bent back under the ramp. I used the bracket that holds Cyborg Eddie, drilled holes in his legs at thigh level, and screwed him onto the bracket. I'll try and take a few close up's of it so you can see.

#4276 1 year ago

Pictures of Trooper as promised. Hopefully you can see it good enough

Trooper Eddie 1 (resized).jpgTrooper Eddie 2 (resized).jpgTrooper Eddie 3 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4823 1 year ago

My ball launch has been pretty much 100%. Lately it hits the post sleeve about 5-10% of the time. Looked and noticed that the end of the guide was dinged a little, so figured this was the problem and went to take it off to file it smooth again. Low and behold when I took it off, I noticed the anchor stud that is riveted on to it was broken. That might cause an issue. Emailed Stern and waiting to hear back. Here are a couple picks of it. One with the rough edge and one with the broken piece. Kinda weird.

IMG_0222 (resized).jpgIMG_0223 (resized).jpg
#4826 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Does your game have a lot of plays? That's a serious ball trail you got there.
Either way...hope Stern comes through !

I've got 2,200 plays on it

#4828 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fast balls sometimes jump off the right ramp.... Anyone else experience that? Quick fix?

If you took the ramp off, make sure you put the black plastic spacer between the ramp mount and the sling.

#4833 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I didn't but would you mind taking a pic so I can check if it's on mine?
Edit - I know what you're referring to and I did remove that part to install spotlights so I fixed it. Thanks!

Kinda hard to see the spacer, but as you can see, the ramp should be off the sling plastic.

IMG_0225 (resized).jpgIMG_0226 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4921 1 year ago

Just a cautionary tale. I have installed the stronger coil for the auto launch on my pro as described earlier in this thread. Had power at 220 and it worked great. Just cleaned and waxed the play field and had all sorts of misfires. Would only make the loop about 60 % of the time without hitting the post below the upper left flipper. When I would get Trooper multi ball, and the ball would make the loop, it would jump over the post that stops it and continue around the loop. I had to lower the power to 205 and now it shoots perfect and the auto launch works almost 100% now

#4923 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

My auto launch is fine but the manual launch is not making it around the top. Any ideas?

Probably have to change out to a stronger spring. I noticed on my ghostbusters that the spring was getting week after breaking in and playing for a little while. I haven't paid attention on IMDN since I try to short plunge all the time to get the secret skill shots.

#4925 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What’s the secret skill shot?

Biggest is left outlane for 20M. Left ramp lane for either 5 or 6m, right orbit and center ramp. can't remember the exact value. Can't touch any switches when doing it.

#4942 1 year ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I’ve found with many years of playing , once you have learn the shot it comes easy every time ... it’s probably me , who knows , but squeezing thru those bumpers seems like luck to me , not skill

I have to say that both the ramps are my least reliable shots on this game. For some reason, I can't combo them like other games. Keeps it challenging and fun.

3 weeks later
#5053 11 months ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hi All,
I was looking for score cards and didn't find quite what I was looking for. So opened photoshop and downloaded the Metal Lord font, messed around with effects for longer than I care to admit. Have photoshop...not an expert. Long story short here's the first batch of beta 1 cards. Still working on making them easier to read. I need to do a lot of clean up on the PSD but once I'm done I'll upload that as well so maybe you don't have to start from scratch.
I'm pretty good at introducing typos, so let me know if you see any mistakes. Print @140mm width.
Cheers!
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are awesome. The only thing wrong with them is now I have to decide which ones to use Well done sir.

#5058 11 months ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Here's more of the 2nd edition. Still working on rev2 of the free play card.
Have fun!
Mike
P.S. print @ 140mm width.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ah hell. My printer is going to run out of ink

#5074 11 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Has anyone here installed those little plastic blinders for the loop opto? Do they work? My game is only registering about 2/3 of the loops when they get going fast.
I can hit about 5-6 in a row now but I sometimes collect as little as 3.

I put mine on from day one since I was taking everything apart to put in titan rubbers. I have never had a loop not register.

#5080 11 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Does someone on here sell the opto blinders or should I just check the usual suspects online?

I got them through Pinball Life

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden.html

#5126 11 months ago
Quoted from robm:

Am looking at ordering Titan rubbers, keen to see pics or hear suggestions of colours that would suit a Maiden Pro?

I did Dk. Blue from Titan. Forgot about the translucent or I might have done that for the slings. I like the dark blue though as it fit in with the play field. If you go to post 2971, I have pictures.

#5127 11 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm debating adding a Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro sub kit to my IMDN Premium. Has anyone else already done this? Is it worth it?

I installed the Flipper Fidelity 10" kit w/back box speakers. Sounded so good I ended up buying the kit for my Ghostbusters and Spiderman. Sounds way better. With the 10" sub, you can put in for a little more bass and not need a shaker as it will shake enough

2 weeks later
#5287 10 months ago

Just got over a billion for the first time. 1.1 billion and 365 million on Cyborg multiball. God I love this game.

1 week later
#5357 10 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone know if the new Maidens have upgraded leg brackets or are they still using the shitty brackets? Toying with just buying a NIB pro at this point.

Mine came with the beafier leg brackets and it was made in Oct 2018

1 week later
#5391 10 months ago

Almost got 1.5 B. Crushed Cyborg Multiball. Had 3x play field going. WOOOOHOOOO

Cyborg Champ (resized).jpgGrand Champ (resized).jpg
#5395 10 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Any cyborg tips? I make it to cyborg fairly frequently now but I never score very well. I think my cyborg high score is about 60m

How do you get 900m on Cyborg?!!!
I seem to get around 20 million

To be honest, I have never come close to getting that kind of score before. I did have 3x multiplier going on when I was doing it, and I think I hit like 6-7 SJP. Don't know exactly as balls were flying all over the place and I kept it alive for a little while. Just looked up after it was over and saw the score. Will probably never do it again.

1 month later
#5646 8 months ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

I fully agree, but it fits in there very well and looks cool. Unfortunately, Eddie is too big for the sanatorium area and for that reason I decided to place him in the upper area.
I don‘t really care about the correct position.

Quoted from Mancave:

He sure is!!! had to place mine in a similar area

I fit mine in the pop area. Plus I like how the ball goes through him and the chains as it comes down the ramp.

IMG_0141 (resized).jpgIMG_0143 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5768 7 months ago

While I don't have a JP, I've played it a bunch on location. I do own an IMDN pro. While I like the shots on the JP, I'm just ok with the artwork, music, and callouts. I understand that it suits JP, it's just kind of blah to me. I'm not a Iron Maiden fan, but I am a rock kind of guy. The music and callouts are great on IMDN. I love the Zombi Yeti artwork as well. IMDN seams to play faster for some reason. I could not see IMDN leaving any time soon, if ever.

2 weeks later
#5831 6 months ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Long time listener, first time caller. My IMDN Pro ships today .... It joins a well-respected music Pin line up. Stoked to finally join the club!

Congratulations. You're going to love it. One of the best machines ever. I can't foresee mine leaving.

1 month later
#6089 4 months ago
Quoted from nano:

Quick question - There is a red LED and a yellow LED at the back left of the playfield. What are they for? I see them lit occasionally but I don't know why.

If I remember correctly, one is when tomb treasure is ready, the other for when power ramps are ready.

#6122 4 months ago

Just thought I would share. Had my pro for awhile now and had it set up at 6.6. Heard someone from Stern somewhere that Elwin games play better closer to 7.0. So I adjusted my pitch to 6.9-7.0 to see how it would play. Now I can hit the center ramp with the right flipper easier, but it changed where on the flipper for all the other shots, so I have had to try and retrain myself. I do like the way it plays better at the steeper angle. Was just playing, and got 650 million :Db Then played another game and got 28 million I suck.

2 weeks later
#6248 4 months ago

This game is killing me, I love it. Had a killer 1st ball of 547 million, got mummy card and trooper card. Ball 2 and score was at 910 million, got cyborbg card and hit 3-4 jackpots during that. Gagged the rest of the way through. Pressure was to much I guess. Ended game at 1,008,323,410, did not even get to 2m2m. AAARRRGGGGHHHHH

1 week later
#6266 3 months ago

Finally got to NOTB and actually defeated him Drained soon after that. Ended up with 1.592 billion score. Almost never get to 2M2M let alone the beast. God I love this game

2 weeks later
#6361 3 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Does anyone have experience here with the black Pinball that says “Eddie Lives” on it? Recommended or
No?

I have a hard enough time tracking the ball sometimes, let alone have a black one to try and see. Might look good on the sarcophagus.

#6368 3 months ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Very happy to say I joined the club today. It's one of the most fun pins I've played. I love it.[quoted image]

Congrats. It's an all timer. 1 suggestion, get spots to light the center play field. Easier to see the ball and can appreciate the awesome artwork.

1 week later
#6405 87 days ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Please forgive my ignorance on this, but I've never changed lighting before. I'd like to add red leds to the GI of my Pro to look like the premium/le. What kind of leds do I need, which leds do you recommend and where should I get them?

They should be #44 bayonet sockets. I like the 2smd frosted ones from Comet. Personally, I changed them all to the frosted sunlight ones and it looks great.

#6411 87 days ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Thank you for the reply. So, you replaced the default white GI with frosted leds? What does that do? I've heard of frosted bulbs, but I don't think I've seen them in person. Would you recommend frosted bulbs for the red ones?

As what was said earlier. The clear bulbs are like laser beams straight into your eyes unless they are blocked. The frosted also disperse the light all around it better in my opinion. The only bulb I didn't change was the one in the far back left under the plastic of the left orbit under the ramp. Didn't feel like tearing down the whole machine to get to it and they stapled the socket in instead of a screw. Can't really see it too much, so I just left it factory.

#6450 84 days ago

In the states and my pro does not have the lockdown button either. Don't know what it would be used for on this game.

#6464 79 days ago
Quoted from jlock:

Curiosity struck me..I can get soul shards for HBTN, FOD pretty regularly. FOI only now and then because I get greedy and drain, or go into a brick fest and can't hit anything. But I've never finished ROTM or AH and am curious what happens if you get the soul shard. Does the mode stop but you still have multiple balls in play, or does the mode continue with more opportunities to get jackpots? Thanks.

If you get all the shots in ROTM or AH, you start the shot sequence over again until you drain to 1 ball left, then you go for the soul shard.

2 weeks later
#6531 62 days ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Correct. Verified just now on a PRO.
Yellow: super ramps
RED: Mummy lock ready
Left Pop pulsing: Super pops
Oh, and in case you didn't know, on the right side of the PF under the right habittrail, the domed flasher pulses when you have a current combo active.
Just about one of the only criticisms I have of the game, are these lights on the PF that have no indication what they are. However...to fix it....you would have to add a bunch of "text" plastics (like the mummy sign by the captive ball), which really detract from the artwork.

Just to add, besides the red torch for Mummy lock ready, it also flashes for Mummy Tomb Treasure

1 week later
#6601 53 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Well this is a first for me. The ball was going really fast, I flipped to hit the right ramp, as it was going so fast that when it made the slight left to be dropped at the inlane, it instead flew out of the wireframe, over the flippers and drained. And as appropriate, the callout was "oh, cheap drain."

Mine used to do this. Put a piece of self adhesive felt on the back corner on top of the ramp to slow it down a little which cured it most of the time. Ended up bending the top outer wire form in so the ball wouldn't ride up high enough and never had a problem since.

1 month later
#6695 22 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would love to see the same co-op mode as TMNT.

That would be awesome as well as the versus feature. Might get more people to play with if it is a 2 v 1

3 weeks later
#6836 1 day ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am thinking of replacing my stock rubbers with Titan rubbers and I am not sure what color to go with. Any suggestions? I was thinking orange but would love some ideas.

I did blue. Here is a link to the post I put pictures of them: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/60#post-4686806

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supersquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside