(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,827 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png
IMG_6818 (resized).png
IMG_6737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6730 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6733 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240416_160659390.MP (resized).jpg
25d6415bd4f5ee62b5604e3e73d30ef0bdc2c8d0 (resized).jpg
72038EF4-8215-4C19-B733-688FFB33D320 (resized).jpeg
8820CDAA-4B0B-4D67-844D-8D3197E44344 (resized).jpeg
B267A7B9-3222-426E-B14A-09BCED66716E (resized).jpeg
EEEBA8AA-85EA-4EBE-9123-16F1A419FDC4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8445 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinwoofer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5401 4 years ago

Have several requests to post recommended menu audio settings for the PinWoofer Super Kit. This is most definitely one of the hardest rocking titles out there - play it loud, and tape your glass! Hope the below helps.

Thanks - https://PinWoofer.com

6 months later
#6382 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

The factory sound was garbled at the beginning of Flight of Icarus.

RockfordReplay - can you post a video or audio clip of what you're hearing? Thanks!

#6388 4 years ago

The link should play at 4:30 (where Flight of Icarus starts). It's tough to hear; when the mode starts, the sound is 'static-y' for a few seconds then it snaps clear. I felt this was due to the pin's amp not able to keep up. Perhaps it's the recording.

In the menu check feature adjustments option #171 (rev V1.06.0) and report back on what "Music Attenuation" is set to. If you are less than the default of "0" (less than zero meaning negative attenuation or boost) the music may be overdriving the preamp in the audio section at times. (In earlier versions this setting was "Music Volume" #47 in the adjustments menu.) It's a long shot but worth looking at.

Also, I assume that you've got the bbox bass frequency set to 250Hz and the backbox bass level set to -6dB.

Just something to check.

Thanks

#6391 4 years ago

Music Attenuation is 0 and v1.06.0 is installed. The Bbox Bass Frequency is 250Hz and the Bbox Bass Level is -6.75.
The latest test (used in the video sample):
Bbox; 250Hz,-6.75dB,8Khz,+6.75dB
Cab; 250Hz,+1.125dB,4Khz,-1.125dB

I've noticed that my music level is quieter in realative terms compared to some of the sound effects, which are blaring. It may sound counterintuitive but you might try reducing the music attenuation to -1 or -2 so that the music becomes more prominent compared to the effects which will allow you to reduce the menu volume and perhaps that takes the edge off. I'll try the same thing when I get a moment.

3 months later
#6946 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

Added Pinwoofer’s new GT amplifier system to Maiden - very happy with the results - really brings out the sound effects. Didn’t change out the speakers as the LE has decent speakers but did install Dan’s wooden mounting ring for the sub and it made a big improvement in the performance of the bass. Sounds good enough I disconnected my external sub.

We really appreciate the feedback Birdnest ! Also, can't wait to see that Dracula deep restore when completed! Guys like you make pinball better - Dan & Emily

3 years later
#14370 6 months ago

Is this cool or too much??? (Sorry for the wonky right-side LED ring; I've got a new PCB on the way that changes the ordering to be counterclockwise which will make the two sides symmetrical.)

Anyway, thought I'd share. Not sure where this is going if anywhere!

PW (resized).pngPW (resized).png
#14376 6 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I feel like it might be a bit much during gameplay but in attract mode running the dj/jukebox it would be pretty damn cool. Nice work.

Sinistarrett - I'm sure this has been done before so I can't take credit. It was just something that dawned on me Sunday, so I had to try it.

Our new LED Hub will enable all sorts of extracurricular stuff like this. This was literally a 10-minute project.

#14378 6 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

put Me on the list

Jamesays let the good times roll!

PW won't offer this broadly since we are partnering with another prominent MOD'er for the outside of the machine lighting. However, if they choose to offer it, it will be compatible with our stuff, using our hub and wiring solutions. More on that later on.

#14380 6 months ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Hey Matt! Long time!

Definitely too much for me. I actually love how dark Iron Maiden is - fits the theme of the game and I have the backbox down to 25% during a game to minimize glare (will probably pick up some invisiglass at some point). But I'm sure, as seen above, some will dig it for sure.

Thanks for the feedback 11strings ! I thought it was too much for me too at first but everyone here likes it so we'll probably keep it. it's growing on me. I think it will be a love / hate thing and not much in between, but I changed my mind after seeing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinwoofer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.