(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

753 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1389 5 years ago
Quoted from bwrightmcse:

Yes I have experienced the same thing several times, I though it was just me.

Added to the 1.00 Bug listing thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features#post-4441102

#1390 5 years ago
Quoted from menlivet:

So have you guys found the super secret skillshot yet in the new 1.0 code ?

There's a thread with a running list:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-and-up-super-secret-skill-shot-listing

1 month later
#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

And is the cooling fan in the backbox supposed to be that loud? I can hear it two rooms away when it kicks on.
Oh, and the new lockdown bar latch system SUCKS! I'll be converting that asap.

Stock Stern Spike power supply fan is 34dB - that's LOUD. You can replace it with a 12.8dB or a 21dB fan that is a LOT quieter (as in, you won't hear it anymore). Instructions here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here are the notes from the update on the IMDN at Pinburgh from Keith:
FYI Iron maiden code that will be running at Pinburgh will have the following changes from the current 1.02.
Aces High - fixed an issue where destroying the 2nd bomber during the grace period will start a roving shot in the mode that never ends for all players
Aces High - initial jackpot scores are boosted by 500K
Aces High - fixed a display issue where the playfield multiplier was being applied to the base value instead of the total (no effect on final scoring)
Aces High - fixed a display issue where jackpot scoring equation would not be correct after first Super Jackpot (no effect on final scoring)
Soul Shard - fixed an issue where the Tomb Award would not light after spotting a random Soul Shard through Mystery Orb Level 3 (after 2 Minutes to Midnight)
Trooper Multiball - added missing Beast 1x Jackpot callouts
Trooper Multiball - boosted volumes of selected trooper speech
Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the ‘Showtime’ speech was getting called when you drain into lighting Cyborg Multiball
2 Minutes to Midnight - changed background font color to red for more contrast
Mode Totals - fixed an issue where mode totals were excluding the values of shots made in the grace period
Eddie Cards - Trooper Level 2 card is easier, can now be collected by making any 5x Jackpot shot OR lighting all shots for 3x Jackpot
Revive - when balls are being launched into play and Revive triggers, no revive will be taken and ball saver will be extended 4 seconds with no grace period
Score Frame - fixed a rare issue when adding a player during Bonus countup results in temporarily displaying 0000 scores for all players and overlapping text
Music - fixed an issue with the attenuation getting set back to ‘0’ between balls, now it resets it to whatever the adjustment says

Nice, that's at least a couple confirmed bugs off the 1.02 bug listing.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I stayed on 1.00 code until today, and the new 1.02 code has not been impressive. Very first game the pharaoh lights never seemed to stop blinking red/blue (supposed to do that?) and it was telling me to shoot up the middle while I was entering my high score initials. Wtf lol.

Pro, Prem or LE? I'll add that to the running 1.02 bug list.

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

anyone near western NC? My left flipper has always been weak. Just doesn't have the same feel or power that the right flipper has. No idea how to fix it, looking at it under the playfield I don't see a difference or anything that looks out of place. Driving me nuts and makes the right ramp shot so f'n hard to make compared to the left ramp! I'll set you up for the night in one of our nice rental cabins if anyone can come out and help

Do you have a multimeter? Set it to ohms and check the resistance on the coil compared to the right coil.

#1949 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Playing Iron maiden tonight made it to number of the beast I got the beasts health down to zero flippers died like they should but the game just kept ball searching I had turn it off. Has anyone else seen anything like that before.

Pro, Prem, or LE? I'll add it to the bug list for 1.02.

3 weeks later
#2252 5 years ago

Another Iron Maiden Trooper barstool up on Ebay - $165 shipped. Quite a bit less than the last one I saw...

ebay.com link: itm

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Weird. Those are low quality $40 stools. They have KISS, GNR and several other designs. Not very comfortable either, lol.

They're NLA, so I've seen them go for more than $300 used. Haven't been made for like 10 years AFAIK.

#2300 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

For us guys that suck at pinball...can we get some strategy tips here? Like, when you plunge ball one, what are you immediately shooting for?
My best so far is 226m and that's pretty sad, and was awhile back. Can't seem to break 150m anymore. Too drunk prob.

I go for a Skill Shot, either the left outlane or the center shot.

Then I spam the mummy captive ball to set up mummy multiball. I used to try to stack MM with a mode, but I find it's easier to get the mummy card by starting MM, then hitting the left and right ramps once each asap to get the 3rd ball, then spam the spinner and captive ball (spinner to qualify the mummy jackpot fast, then hit the captive ball to collect) then 5 mummy jackpots to light the card.

#2304 5 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

My strategy for attempting to blow up a game...
Priority shot after plunging is getting revive lit during ball save. From there I’m dropping the drop targets until locks are lit. After that it’s spelling EDDIE and picking off X targets to get my multiplier built up. Ideally I want 3x with Icarus going, it’s usually a 75-125 million run. From there I get trooper and mummy locks built. Bringing those in with Fear of the Dark mode with a multiplier running is priority.
Super loops are nice too if available but they’re not a priority for me.
When not in a mode I’ll work my way to cyborg multiball or light multipliers again.

Sweeping the drop targets is the fastest way to get the locks lit. It's not hard to do from the left flipper with just a little practice.

#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Is there a scoring strategy that people are using on this game? I cant seem to get much past 300-400m. My best game is 389m right now. I thought for sure I was going to break 500m yesterday. Really long game, two trooper MB...just not getting that big jump Im looking for. What am I missing?

Are you FINISHING the multiballs to get the cards? That, and finishing the modes (and getting the soul shards) is important for scoring. You can increase your score by 5% immediately just by practicing the skill shot straight into the left outlane.

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

....some of the B's were bloody ordinary.

Oh, behave...

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/303170534
Nice 5 billion game with the elusive Run to the Hills achieved
Definitely need to be an elite player to do this!

I love the part where he says "the game is kinda designed poorly" at the 23 minute mark...

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

I know I have mentioned this before and I am aware it is a known problem, but would be eternally grateful for anyone that can help by summarising how the hell to fix the fact that autoplunger flings the ball into the upper flipper , it rarely goes where I think it should (this is a new pin for me) round the loop and this effects multiball obviously as it ricochets, I know someone helpfully said to read through this thread, but guys its almost 50 pages and I am a hard working guy!
Anyone can help with what is the easiest fix for someone with literally no tech ability? lol I just bought the pin to play not to start messing with.
Also how the F are we meant to spend this kind of money and when there is a design fault, there is no real way to get it fixed, the dealer wont likely be able to help , but if this was a car we would have a warranty that would fix a major flaw to the design... thoughts?

Is your upper left flipper too low? A number have reported theirs from the factory being installed hanging too low. Take a picture of the upper flipper at rest and post it.

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

I have the opposite problem. Mine often hits the post that is right above the skill shot. Here are some pics. Does that look normal?[quoted image][quoted image]

Flipper looks too low. I don't see the guide hole at all, so it looks like it's over it instead of just above it. Needs loosening, adjustment, then tightening.

And if you're hitting the post on the bottom side, turn the power up a smidge for the auto-launch.

#2391 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've been able to get the trooper card and cyborg card in the same game, but no others..period.

The trick with Mummy multiball is try to get that third ball in play (hit each ramp once as soon as you can while ball save is still running) then spam the upper spinner to qualify the mummy captive ball. Spam the spinner, hit the captive ball (it should light up with each hard hit to the spinner that does enough switch opens/closes to qualify the mummy jackpot), repeat 5 times. Mode done, collect card.

1 week later
#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

May be picking up a HUO pro this weekend, any common issues the on the pro that I should lookout for?

Just the auto and manual ball launch issues some people have been plagued with. Fixable, but annoying.

Also, if it's an early one, there may not be a plastic near the upper left pop bumper that prevents a ball trap. You can request it from Stern. The first run didn't have it.

#2483 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

What do these look like.
I got one of the first prem's in the Chicagoland area... So I probably have an early one.

Pretty sure all the Prem/LEs have it. Only the Pros were initially shipped without it.

It is a clear plastic piece that goes on top of the blue plastic to the left of the left ramp (with a spacer) and around the upper left pop bumper to prevent the ball from getting stuck here:
maiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpgmaiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpg

#2492 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't feel that way. I mean, it's not as easy as any Richie game, but pops on the left are more psychological than anything.

Weird thing is, I can hit the left ramp all day long. If I'm gonna brick a ramp, it will be the wide-open right one...

#2501 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is a shaker a must for this pin? Is it integrated well? For those that have it, what setting do you use?

Yes. Leave it at maximal, which is the default setting. Pinball Life has great prices on them. DO NOT get the Cointaker Red Tremors. Very unpleasant shakers. I hate them.

#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

whats the best way to add this to the playield? do people drill it in or ??
[quoted image]

Make a bracket from some scrap plastic (like a broken protector or pinball fob or whatever) and screw the figure's feet into that, then attach the bracket to a pop bumper or pop bumpers. That way it's completely reversible with no trace left on the machine.

#2519 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I have a Red Tremor in mine right now, I want to swap it out. It's violent. I'm hoping it's a bit more subtle with a different one. Is there any way to dial the Red Tremor down?

You can adjust the weights to soften it, but in my experience that's a waste of time as it's not enough. Sell your Red Tremor to someone who likes the violent rough shaking and get one of the Pinball Life shakers. You'll be much happier.

#2557 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

After five months of ownership I finally got to battle The Beast! Still having a blast with this pin and don't see myself tiring of it any time soon
[quoted image]

Congrats! I've been very close, but I think I'll have to close the outlanes at least one notch if I'm going to get there anytime soon. Run to the Hills seems impossible, though!

1 week later
#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Clairvoyant mod, flickering cool white right now, color changing soon!
[quoted image]

Looks good, but with a smaller gauge wire and a steady hand to drill straight, you could probably keep the wiring all inside her arm and have it come out in her hand under the orb.

1 week later
#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Not a bad start...[quoted image]

That's about, what, 400 Mil US?

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Link to page/site to get the Eddie figures for premium version to place on the pro? Any other premium mods to be put on the pro? 54 pages is a lot to wade thru….

If you want the exact toys, you can use the part numbers in the LE/premium manual (cyborg eddie 550-7421-00, bracket 535-1854-00, screws 237-5809-00 and 232-5201-00) to order the toys and mounting bracket for them. Someone else did that. Others have bought similar toys off ebay.

Here's a good post about that with more part numbers:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/48#post-4579729

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Anyone used these and they match up correctly with the colour the modes show on the pf'd or screen??
https://mezelmods.com/collections/iron-maiden-legacy/products/iron-maiden-pinball-gels
[quoted image]
EDIT: Looks like they just have them in the wrong order?? Aces High - Blue, Icarus - Yellow??

Yeah, Fear/Icarus should be swapped and Aces/Hallowed should be swapped.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey all - just joined the club!
Game works and plays great - one question though: I have a Premium, and the sound is AWFUL. What is the deal, ?! Are the songs in mono, or perhaps my speakers are out of phase? I am willing to upgrade the speakers if that’s the issue but man... man it is bad. It is actually hurting my ears to play. This is also my first Spike game, are they all like this?
Before the jokes start, let me say that I love Maiden, so the songs aren’t the problem!

You can go into utilities/volume and play with the settings. Are the speakers set to 4 or 8 ohm?

If you want to play it loud, you likely will have to use a cheap external $30 amp off Amazon and use the line-out from the board instead of the wimpy on-board amplifier. There are instructions on making a cable on pinside.

#2786 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is the amp replaceable? I’m not up on a Spike tech. Seems sort of questionable for a friggin MUSIC pin!
Also, does anyone know if the LEs have larger speakers? Or are they just more efficient, with more neutral output?
I should revise my post - I’m not exactly saying the sound is “bad” (although certainly it could be better), it’s that it sounds wrong to me, like the speakers are out of phase, or the music is an MP3 with the high and low end chopped off. Maybe something to check when I get home.

Instructions on using an external amp with cleaner power and more control here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So at 1.05 is the code completely finished? Are we going to get any additions to the game later like the other Sterns? (this is my first modern Stern)

Still like 25 bugs and issues in the bug thread for 1.05, so no, not done.

#2802 5 years ago

Gomez said at Expo that another update soon - polish plus bugs.

Let me guess...in two weeks.

1 week later
#2841 5 years ago

Released the lens tree mod I made for the mode lights so they have colors that match the mode.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod

lens-mod (resized).jpglens-mod (resized).jpg
#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Nice! Looks way more professional than the lighting gels I'm just going to duck tape on...great job!

I started in a similar place, cutting gel circles and just jamming them in the holes. My OCD was not satisfied with the result, and it progressed until it got to this.

#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

In case anyone was waiting for them, Stern have art blades, a powerslave mummy eddie shooter knob, and two types of side-armor (union jack or mummy fist) up on their website. No toppers, though.

Pinballlife.com has the art blades and much cheaper shipping ($5.45 USPS):

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Aren't these different than what's on the actual game?

They're the official Stern art blades. They made them so they work with any of the three model's color schemes, so they're not, for example, "The Battlefield, "Egypt/Pharaoh", and "Eddie generations" themed specifically. The one set kind of works in a little from all of them so it works on any of them.

#2858 5 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I want to get a shaker for Iron Maiden but don’t know much about them. Any recommendations on which one to get? Are they all the same?

They are not the same. I personally like the pinball life ones, but as long as you NEVER get a Red Tremor, you will always be pleased with the shaker motor you choose. Red Tremor is the only shaker motor I actively discourage people from getting. It makes a very unpleasant jackhammer-like shaking and is not nice even when tweaked.

Pinball life shaker:
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Get some lollipop rails there while you're at it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

#2860 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just set my premium up out of the box and the left upper flipper rubber was cut for some reason. I typically replace all black rubber in my new games regardless so was wondering if people can give their recommendations on color they've used and show some pictures.

I went blue perfectplay rubber with a Pro. Should look good on a premium, too.

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Don’t buy the pinball life knock off shacker motor. You just paid almost $6,000 (or over $7,000) for a game, what’s another $50 for an official part. Pinball life sells those as well.
Also don’t buy button protector guard rails, get the clear button protector guards if your worried about it.
https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-flipper-button-wear-protector-set.html
Save $55, and a chunk of side art.

Why would you buy a mylar STICKER to put around your cabinet buttons? I generally try to only make reversible additions, and mylar does not fall into that category. There's a reason Stern uses the lollipop rails on their factory LE machines (and used to give them to you on Premiums, too). The amount of art obscured around the flipper buttons is minimal.

We've put pinball life shaker motors in 70% of the machines that go out on route and get hard use and never had a problem. The only reason it's not 100% is initially we were using Sterns.

#2871 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's perfectly reversible, but whatever. Again, it's $50 more for the official non ripoff shaker motor, but your an OP, so maybe what's right for you isn't right for all collectors. Also, I must be the only one who triggers when people call button guard side rails lollipop rails...

I'm actually operator-adjacent since I only maintain the pins on an operator's route, but anyone that has bought one that we've taken off-route can attest that the machines are in premium, home-use like condition due to the bulletproofing I do, including the rails. I prize maximum protection and easy reversibility, and lollipop rails are a primary tool for that.

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Can someone point me to a rules write up? The playfield isn't very intuitive (or maybe it's me!) But I'm trying to understand how the song selection works in conjunction with the playfield song inserts or if they're related at all. After playing several games after set up, I was able to light up several of the song inserts but have no idea how I did it haha
Also, how does the center eye take the beating of a metal ball hitting it over and over?

All you need to know about selecting the MODE songs is to hit that spinner on the lower left. That moves the song mode selection (until you have it locked in by getting EDDIE spelled, where it will not move until that mode is played starting with the center ramp). It's not very precise, but you can move the selector that way. The initial song selection when the game starts is just what you want to listen to, it has no impact on what mode is lit first, unlike, say, AC/DC.

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Anyone have issues where when a ball starts it auto selects the song thus negating the skill shot?
Edit: happens maybe 40-50% of the time

Glass off. Put the game in switch test mode. Smack the playfield firmly with the palm of your hand many places and see if it triggers a switch, and which one. It will likely be the newton ball one. Fix that switch.

If none are triggered, it's likely the shooter lane switch is being triggered and then untriggered when the ball comes in hard. Adjust the wire and also set your trough eject power so the ball just makes it into the trough. The factory setting is way too hard.

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I use glass plus or sparkle which is the purple stuff.

Sparkle purple is good. Sparkle green is not. I like Sprayway, too.

#2932 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Looking for opinions on lighted flipper buttons on the premium. I'm trying to decide on what color might complement the game best before PinballLife order.

Blue or yellow. I'd go with blue personally, especially if you changed out the T-molding on the front of the head to the much-better-looking light blue that matches the art.

https://www.t-molding.com/blue-t-molding.html

#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I went with orange for my premium, plus changed the rails.
[quoted image]

But that T-molding...ugh. Gotsta go with the light blue to class it up!

#2942 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

On the head? i was actually thinking about maybe going chrome. The guy who runs Pinballplating over your side of the pond offers Lollipop rails in chrome and also the back box brackets but i don't think he does the lock down bars for these later Sterns. Otherwise i would have gone for the full chrome look

Yeah, it ties together the look instead of sticking out like a sore thumb like the banana yellow T-molding does that doesn't match (or even compliment) at all. So did you replace with chrome armor already? Seems like chrome t-molding would be one color too many, like the banana yellow is now.

Here are two pics people posted. One with red t-molding and the other comparing blue to the stock yellow. The blue looks the classiest IMO.

blue-yellow-t-molding (resized).jpgblue-yellow-t-molding (resized).jpgred-t-molding (resized).jpgred-t-molding (resized).jpg

#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Someone told me that pro version of this game includes printed manual. Can anyone confirm? Past Stern practice has been printed manuals for prem and LE only. Thanks.

"Manual" might be stretching it. They're more like pamphlets these days.

#2975 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Ok thanks. Have not got my game yet. Went with a pro this time.

I'm kinda curious about "Can I Play with Madness" mode that's only on the Prem/LE, but the Pro plays great.

#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the reason the both ends under the playfield have this shiny/glazed coating? Bare wood in the middle.
[quoted image]

It's a bad coat of clear/sealer. I assume it's there to make it easier to clean when the coil dust builds up. It's a half-assed ugly job, but I'm glad Stern is at least trying. Coil dust with bare wood is ugly forever.

1 week later
#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I put my deposit down today for a Pro. I'll be picking it up in about 2 weeks.
I have a question so I can be all set to play on day one. I picked up a subwoofer for the game as I did with my Metallica pro. I was under the impression that Iron Maiden has a line out built into it for speakers but my distributor couldn't seem to find one on the display model. Is there indeed a line out or will I he needing to place another order with pinnovators? Thanks.
Ps. Ordering the following right off the bat from Mezel. Pharoah blinder kit, Pharoah protector, gel inserts and the mummy plastic.
It's going to be a very Maiden Christmas at my house

Depends on the model number of the board in the backbox. There is a line out for sub on SOME boards (not all) but you have to make your own connector to access it even if you have the "right" board series. There's information you need in the thread I made here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#3051 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Ok so I am picking up a nib premium tomorrow or Thursday depending on time. What are must haves as far as protectors and anything that may better the gameplay. I’ll work on deco mods soon but want the things I should definitely should have on order ASAP.
Thx

The stern art blades are very nice. For less than $100 shipped a great choice.

Also, once the fan noise is driving you crazy, you can get a plug and play quiet fan kit to replace the fan in the power supply.

#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm getting my pro in 2 weeks. I'd like to hear more about a quite fan. Just a normal pc fan from any electrical store or something more specific? Thanks

Lots to read about on that subject here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Also who makes plastic protectors for maiden now, hoping for some colored ones maybe. And I don’t see shooter lane protectors from cliffy yet, any options? Also is the Pharoah protector a must, I’m assuming so.
Anything else I need to order. I have blades, colored tree mod, shaker coming, will definitely switch to titan rubbers just need to figure out colors.

You just need to email Cliff. What he has and what's on his website are often substantially different, especially on recent releases.

#3069 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Same here. Waiting on Virelands lens tree mod, and a shaker motor (rev. C) specifically, along with a couple other small mods.

USPS tried to deliver today, but couldn't because there was no secure location? I just PMed you tracking so you can follow up.

#3070 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Finally, finally, finally got my Mummy card... I've been close to getting it for the last few weeks, but now I've finally gotten that monkey off my back.. .Sadly the game I got it in wasn't the best... It started off well, but I tanked the last few balls, and I also failed to get the trooper card. Which isn't too bad as I can sometimes get 2-3 trooper mb with my game settings. But, alas I still had one more mode to complete before I could unlock 2 minutes to midnight, so I wasn't even close to being able to battle the beast.
At least now I know its possible. And I can set my sites on achieving that.
Run to the hills is still so very, very far away from a possibility though.

Mummy card is really easy once you realize the spinner qualifies the mummy jackpot. So you rip the spinner, hit the jackpot, rip, hit, repeat. You can get it really quickly and pretty easily once you realize this.

#3093 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thanks Vireland. Guess the box wouldn't fit in our mail box, so it was sitting at the post office. It's installed now and it is better than I expected.
I installed a shaker. The force feed back is awesome. It helps me know when objectives are completed. Also, I love the rumble when the tomb opens, it feels like the ground is shaking as it rises.
Tomb torches and obelisk cover from mezel mods add a very nice touch with minimal effort required. Wish I had a pic with the torches lit.[quoted image]

Looks great. You took a good picture that clearly shows the difference between Rime's color and Aces High. Glad you got it okay. It was a weird non-delivery message, so I sent you the tracking ASAP to check on it.

#3130 5 years ago

This game is the best. It’s ALWAYS fun to play. The layout has great shots and nearly no cheap drains, but I don’t think the code gets enough credit. It could be my favorite mix of modes, achieveable wizard modes, difficult wizard modes, stacking, side achievements, etc.
I’m not sure if timballs was on the code team, but if he was, sign me up for whatever is next from him.

I do wish the software credits and even side contributions were better documented from Stern.

#3133 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

FOI could certainly be updated to be more fun.

They are in SW and can be viewed with a flipper code.
Rob

Which is great for that one title, but I mean Stern should have a policy of detailed software credits for ALL their modern titles, at least from here forward if we can't get back to at least 2010.

#3135 5 years ago

I just added these two insert-coloring mods to the Iron Maiden lens tree mod thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod#post-4665122). They'll be in the Pin Monk store here on pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk) next week:

FIREBALL BRACKET
fireball-compare_sml (resized).jpgfireball-compare_sml (resized).jpg

EDDIE CARDS
eddie-cards-sml (resized).jpgeddie-cards-sml (resized).jpg

#3150 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Did I read somewhere where Keith's image was in place of Eddie at the end of the game somewhere?
If I remember correctly, there was a setting somewhere that needed to be changed?

In Fear of the Dark mode it will randomly have a spook chasing Keith from a side perspective. You can up the frequency in the settings to make it less rare.

The post is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/62#post-4716347

(It's also in the key post index for this thread for easy finding)

#3167 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Agreed- I ordered theirs, then vic's came up- much better quality and design...

Thanks for the compliment!

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I bought some PinGraffix PinBlades for my LE, but haven't decided for sure if I want to remove the original decals and replace with these yet:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/iron-maiden-pinball-pinblades
Has anyone installed them on their LE and how does it look? Are the original LE side art decals available from Stern if one ever wanted to go back?

I'd 100% keep the LE Stern art blades on there. The art style matches the game much more closely.

#3225 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Underwhelming and overpriced (to say the least).
If anything these should have come standard on Prem and LE games.

If it's static, that paperboard one is literally under $10 cost in quantity to make. Embarrassing.

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TWD topper, GOT, AS, maybe some others i don't know are cool. They arent 400 dollars cool but they're still pretty cool. This topper here isn't that cool at all and theres basically nothing to it. 400 dollars is laughable and embarrassing. Come on Stern you are better than this. We love our games and we overpay for a lot of things but this is a joke.

GoT toppers were recently cleared out for $300. Totally worth that.

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wish i woulda known. Are they all gone now?

Dunno. Call your distributor. There's been quite a few deals on the down low in the last few months.

The relatively awesome GoT side rails with the Stark or Lannister family signs laser cut into them were also on clearance for like $170 or something.

#3247 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I was going to add some flasher lights to my spitfire mod, and wanted to connect some 3mm LEDs to the flasher under the PF (similar to lermods). I am about to do a marco order but I don't know what kind of connectors I need to search for to mock up a harness that would connect to this type of connection? I'm just not sure what to "search" for on marco and they have like a 1000 connectors...
[quoted image]

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-pin-malemale-z-connector.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-crimp-stuff-2-position-housing-with-locking-ramp.html

Marco has the trifurcon connectors that go inside the plastic housing:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CT156T

Now that you know what you're looking for specifically, you can probably find it all at Marco since PBL doesn't seem to have the trifurcon connectors.

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Great work, add some pin stadiums you won’t regret it. Hook the pin stadium uv flashers up to the bulleye, its fantastic. Bonus points for adding a chrome candy cherry red shooter rod. feels great.
Best have a sub hooked up to the pinnovators.

Pinstadiums are really overkill on Iron Maiden. The playfield is reasonably well lit. Blasting it with light from every angle would ruin the ambience, I think.

#3290 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I can respect that. I tried my first set on this pin and enjoy them quite a bit, except when I have to raise the playfield. Overkill and overpriced for value yes, but I’d rather have them than not. UV flashers work really well with this pin in my opinion.

I'm actually okay with the price of the pinstadiums. The UV lighting is a major concern, though, and the main reason why I won't have them in any machine I own or maintain on a route until there's better documentation of what nm range the "UV" light is in as real UV can blow out your eyes over time - permanently. There's literally no technical documentation on what the wavelength the UV light is in the pinstadiums, and that's bad. Eventually I will test pinstadiums with a spectrum analyzer, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

“Led”black light falls in the 380-405 nm range. That’s why with the led’s The light is so much more visible and purple. I make uv cure resins and coatings So we talk about this kind of stuff at work...someone could write pinstadium and ask them to include that info.

There was a thread where I asked, but no information was shared. I'm not sure he knows, but it's important information on this kind of product.

#3308 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That said, the UV in pinstadiums are probably not remotely even close to the commercial grade UV’s in AC units.

But the amount of exposure can be a LOT over time in a pinball machine, and there's zero documentation of what nm the wavelengths are on it. It's an important omission.

#3310 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It doesn't look good in my opinion (which is why I didn't sell them like this). Especially with the bars left in the speaker plate holes and the factory speaker plates making the lit holes off center in the grill area (not as noticeable in this picture since the room lighting is off).
This is not one of my light kits, but my Type 10 light kits (SPIKE 1) can be modified or creatively mounted to work in SPIKE 2 games. I could have had these listed on my website the day after Batman 66 was announced (and some users did buy my Type 10 Speaker Light Kits to do this), but instead I took the time to design a light kit to light the entire grill area.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

Two color (one lighter shade for the circle, and a slightly darker shade for the square) might look awesome. It'd be more work to make and a little more to install, but it should look good.

#3329 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

My best game ever the other night, finally cracked into the billion club. On a side note, anyone heard any rumours about an update to the code? Seems a lot of Stern pins are receiving late year code love at the moment.
[quoted image]

Fair amount of bugs that still need attention on the 1.05 buglist, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't another update pretty soon.

#3330 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I think that sounds like what I already sell. So really....not much work at all. They are 2 separate light kits. A Type 11 light kit for SPIKE 2 games (that light the entire rectangle honeycomb grill area) and a Type 10 light Kit for SPIKE 1 games (that light the inner, round speaker hole). Each are controlled by separate RGB controllers with a 44 key remote. These controllers make it so you can make (by adjusting the red, green and blue levels) your own static colors that can be save to the remotes 6 DIY buttons. So you can independently make and store the colors you would like each of the (inner and outer) light kits to be.
For this setup I also sell a SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plate. This makes it so my Type 10 light kits can be mounted in the small round speaker holes. This plate also has the bars removed from the speaker holes and centers the speaker holes in the honeycomb grill area. These Replacement Speaker Plates can only be used with my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits. I do not have these listed on my website yet, but I do have them available. They work great for the "Yo Dawg" Speaker Light Kit in a Speaker Light Kit set, but they also make installation easier for my SPIKE 2 light kits if you have aftermarket speakers that have tweeters that extend past the speakers mounting area. As using them is easier than removing the bars from the factory speaker plates.
A power splitter is also needed to power both RGB controllers. I do not have the "Yo Dawg" light kit listed on my website, but I have been selling all you need for $120 shipped in the US. That is a $11.50 saving over buying the light kits and replacement plates separately + the power cable being included and free shipping (in the US). All of the parts are included with both light kits (even parts that will not be needed in this 2 in 1 setup), so if you would choose to remove the inner light kit from your SPIKE 2 game...you could always install it in any Stern game that has the older speaker panel with the round speaker holes. If you already have one of my Speaker Light Kits that was made for a Stern game with the round speaker holes....you can use that along with the SPIKE 2 light kit and the replacement speaker plates and the needed power cable for $82.50 shipped (in the US).
If anyone is interested please contact me through the e-mail link on my website.
Thanks,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

If you offered variable post locations (maybe two sets of holes and the user picks which set to install the threaded posts in?) for your replacement speaker plates that would allow either the stock speakers or the larger speakers like on the LE, that would make it more attractive. I know I spent about $90 getting all the LE parts to install larger speakers. Stern=highway robbery.

Also, have you thought about angling the frame inward about 30 degrees so the LEDs are pointing more inward toward the speaker? That should reduce glare on the glass and if you put a 1/4=1/2" bezel on it, even reduce the LEDs peeking out from side angles.

#3332 5 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

so i've got my iron maiden pretty much tweaked now with one remaining issue. The auto plunge hasn't been making the loop. I've found some posts in this thread (but probably not all) and based on that i tried bending the forks on the auto-plunger in a bit, shifting the whole mech a little on the playfield and messing with the power. I've gone from 0% loops to about 60-70% on the autoplunge. My question is - is there any trick to getting it working better? or is just bend the forks a bit and then test, adjust the power a bit and then test until you get lucky?
Thanks!

The shim method seems to get it working to almost 100%.

It's detailed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/30#post-4726439

#3334 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

So yeah I understand the mech team are fresh and breaking new ground and I sincerely appreciate all your efforts,
If I could ask that your design be specified to the component provider to be 100% accurate please.
The crap that comes from the China joints can be undesirable. The PF insert base ass'y for newton ball should have been rejected.
Make sure they make that shit to spec please

What? Flintstones-level-round isn't good enough?

#3342 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey V, I’m a little lazy at work right now but is this bug on the list:
-IMDN PRO: if you have 2 balls locked and pharaoh tomb award is lit and you shoot the right orbit to both collect the tomb award and start multiball, the game freaks out for a bit and doesn’t know what to do. Eventually it releases the call and throws the other 2 into play.

Added (assuming 1.05 version)!

#3344 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thank you Vireland with Pin Monk. Just installed fireball loop lens' and its rad. Install was fairly easy, took about 15 minutes.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the support. It's my favorite mod on the machine because of how cool it looks when the loop lights start animating with the color progression. Makes me want to charge up the loop more often just to see it.

#3350 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Made a cannon for my game. Interactive with the lightning bolt flasher.

[quoted image]

I don't know if the canon barrel is hollow, but it might look cooler to fish the LED into the back so the barrel lights up instead.

#3361 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I bought Cointaker shakers for my Sam Systems and they about shook the damn games apart they were so violent; non red-tremors. I ended up having to install modulator of some sort to get them to an acceptable level, wasn't a fan of that. I think the Spike shakers don't have that issue though. If Stern's are reasonably priced I'll probably get one of those for warranty purposes. I just read where one guy said he like the PBL better than the stern shaker.

You can't use modulators to soften the cointaker shaker motors on Spike, it will blow it up.

#3362 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Ok, thanks for the advice on the shakers. Next question, to my disappointment when I looked in my cabinet I saw the same old cheap crappy stern leg brackets. I thought they went to the wrap around style when Star Wars went into production? Anyway, are people adding the Bally / Williams style leg brackets to prevent cabinet cracking which I experienced first hand with my GB.

Yep. Instructions here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

#3366 5 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Merry Christmas pinheads just install tilttopper looks awesome
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I like this one the best of the available options.

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Santa hooked up my IMDN Premium today! Stern "Egypt"-themed armor kit, mummy shooter rod, TrueColor plastic protectors, Pinball Life knocker kit, and a PinSkin cover. Also I finally got around to installing the quiet fan mod so we didn't hear the game running during Christmas dinner. Nice!
[quoted image]

Looks great, but I'd definitely change out that T-moulding to the light (or dark, your choice) blue that looks soooo much better. That yellow is just completely wrong for the color package of the cabinet and backglass.

Post with the picture of the awesome blue t-moulding installed on Premium:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/8#post-4442092

Post showing the less-awesome Black t-moulding instead:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/9#post-4446333

Place to get T-moulding:
https://www.t-molding.com/blue-t-molding.html

#3376 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Funny you mention that... I actually have both the dark and light blue t-moulding that I ordered a while back. I haven't gotten around to installing them yet, partially because I was considering powder coating and hadn't decided on a color yet. I like the "fist" armor so I'm probably going to abandon the powder coat plan so maybe I'll get around to swapping out that t-moulding now. Now just need to decide on dark vs. light.

Either is an improvement over the yellow. It's just SO BAD. Completely disregarded the color scheme of the cabinet and backglass when they chose to ship it like that from the factory.

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Hey Vireland did you ever post a tutorial of amp install? I went with flipper fildelity kit and still get crackle if volume too high. Should have just gone with another polk subwoofer. They never disappoint.

Pretty sure it's because the on-board amplifier is underpowered. I don't know how FF's kit works, is it just bigger speakers, but no daughterboard amplifier to take over the work from the Spike 2 CPU board?

Also, depending on which version of the Spike 2 CPU board you have, you may not have a sub out to tap into (documented in my thread below).

I actually finished the conversion to an external amp on the pro with larger speakers. I don't notice any crackling now, but the location doesn't like the machine that loud, so it's nowhere near what it CAN do. The hardest part of the whole thing (making the cable) is documented along with the general instructions of how to hook up the external amp here:

The only real downer is since the amp is powered after the machine is turned off (since it's using the service outlet), you get a power-down groan out of the speakers. Everything else is a net positive.

#3385 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

I was able to get my BNIB Premium into the basement without waking the kids on Christmas Eve. See the video for the reaction...

[quoted image]

My Little Pony and Iron Maiden. A match made in...HELL!

#3386 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I think I am going to switch my t-mold. Can you post a pic of the game with the black t-mold?

Black T-moulding is pictured here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/9#post-4446333

I really think the dark blue to match the headdress looks so much better. Black is too much black trim.

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Finished installing vireland's light mods to the fireball loop, Eddie cards, and battle tree. Unfortunately the pictures of the battle tree doesn't do the colors justice, it looks much better in person. All of them feel like it's how it *should* have been from the factory![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, great pic of the fireball loop, especially. It's very hard to get accurately colored pictures of these backlit inserts! Looks great!

#3411 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I ordered a set of cabinet blades from Stern and they came in yesterday. There were no instructions included with them or on their site. Does anyone know if these are the air-egress kind like Tilt Graphics are where they can be re positioned if need be or are they permanent once they are stuck the first time?

Do a wet install. Period. Painless, forgiving, and you'll get it the way you want it.

#3412 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree the black is too much. Dark blue is better than yellow/black, but I don't know why matching the headdress is interesting (since it's not visible from the players perspective and usually hidden when in a lineup).

The red looks good, too, but I don't understand your comment. The headdress is front and center on the translite.

#3414 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The blue in your earlier post matches the blue on the side of the head unit. The translite color looks like dark purple to me, so I assumed your preference for the blue in this post was referring to the blue on the side of the head unit (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/59#post-4684692). One of the reasons I decided to "go red" is the Iron Maiden red and the T-molding red are spot on. If the T-molding was more of an orange red, it wouldn't have turned out as well...
snaroff

I think the translite headdress is supposed to have blue stripes that match the sides, but the cool white LEDs in the backbox changed the color towards purple. Like I said, red still looks way better than banana yellow or black.

#3416 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I've never done a wet install. I'll have to do some research on how to do it. I think you spray soapy water on the back and squeegee it off from what I've heard but there is probably more to it that that.

Nope, that's pretty much the extent of it. Gives you plenty of time to align it perfectly, then you squeegee out the excess soapy water (make your own in an empty and well-rinsed windex bottle using a tablespoon or so of dish soap and then fill with water) and wipe it off with a paper towel. Don't be shy with the soapy water, either, make sure the decal is covered completely.

This pretty much covers it:

Rather than smoothing it with bare hands, I recommend using a squeege or wallpaper smoother like this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ZINSSER-CO-Flexible-Wallcovering-Smoothing-Tool/26376166

#3419 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

plus there's no downside. This is a must if you have the more fragile paper-based blades

The stern ones he has are much thicker, but they still WILL tear if you pull from the wrong angle. Wet install basically eliminates any chance for an error because you have plenty of time to correct the placement without an ill-timed off-angle stick.

#3423 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Thanks for the advice and video! I installed them last night using the wet method and they came out perfectly! I'm glad I did the wet method because I had to re-position them a few times and one of my friends said he tried to put them on his Aerosmith dry, needed to re-position and ripped the decal. He called Stern and ultimately they sent him a replacement set, but hassle I wouldn't want to go through unless I had to.[quoted image][quoted image]

Turned out great. It would be nice if Stern shipped them with a little flyer talking about a wet install to save people grief.

#3424 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Next, I want to upgrade the cheap stock Stern speakers. Does anyone know if this is what I need to be looking for- both speakers are 8 ohm, sizes are 4" for backbox and 8" for cabinet speaker, does that sound right? Does anyone have any suggestions on brand or have a link without spending big money on Flipper Fidelity or the like? I installed Pyle speakers in the head and a Pyramid in the cabinet of my Metallica and was happy with the results, but that was of course a SAM system.

If you change the bracket you can put the same speakers that an LE has. Or you can get a bracket and rings, etc for about $100 from Stern by ordering the individual parts and have it look like an LE.

#3436 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Has anyone noticed the Mummy Eddie insert (as well as the other 3 card inserts) is light blue which makes changing the color very difficult? I know the mod is for sale to color the cards, the modes, and the orbit comet but I've tried using a yellow gel for the mummy card but it turns green and there isn't a definitive way of getting a true yellow because of the blue tinted to the insert. Any input on this?

It's a huge bitch to get the colors right with the smoked insert color of the Eddie Cards. Trust me. It was the hardest of the 4 color brackets I made for Iron Maiden just for that one reason. Total pain. I recommend you visit the Pin Monk store and save yourself the aggravation.

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No offense to those who have it, but pretty boring topper IMO. Should be a moving Eddie and Beast battling or something better than Aces High. That’s already portrayed in the mode and on the cabinet too right? See AFMLE!

Especially for the price they're asking. That's likely less than $100/unit including the amortized mould charge for the plane. The markup for that functionality is obscene.

#3478 5 years ago

Isnt there another version of the topper that has the egyption pharoah eddie on it? Thought I saw one...
Any way, this topper fits the LE great. Not sure what you all expected, stern toppers are never all that amazing or complex. I think it fits the theme well for this model. Not my money, so Im cool with it! Lol

There is, but that one is even MORE of an insult as it's essentially a diorama made of a couple pieces of vertical plastic with a few lights, that's it. Couldn't have cost more than $50 (being generous) to make in quantity - and they're charging $400 for that one.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/iron-maiden-egypt-topper

#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

New code will be dropping any minute/hour/day.

We can hope. It's still a little buggy, and it's been quite a gap since 1.05.

#3535 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Maybe I’ll be able to download the new code as I’m still running 1.01
Still can’t load anything newer, my computer won’t let me.

What's your computer doing to prevent it?

#3540 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Just keeps saying can’t load
So frustrating

You need to be more specific. Your COMPUTER is saying can't load when you hit "save" or "save as" after clicking on the Stern link? And are you windows or mac? What browser?

#3542 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Spill it. When / what?

Maybe they finally fixed the lockup bug and can stop having the machine automatically reboot once a day as a kludge to get around it. <---Annoying.

#3568 5 years ago

Looks like my game decided to change languages mid update....weird
[quoted image]

Yeah, happened when I updated, too.

#3571 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm pretty sure the update code is just hardcoded to show those two languages since the language settings are lost during the update (like all settings).
"Updating..." is the English.

I don't recall ever seeing the spanish on an update before this one, though.

#3588 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why are you guys disabling the bass frequency. I did that and all the base disappeared.

I *think* that's just disabling the crossover points.

#3590 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I lost a lot of base when I did this. I have an external sub hooked up and it was like it was off.

Did you increase the output levels?

#3648 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It shows the nuclear launch console on warnings and mushroom cloud on tilt, just like in the two minutes to midnight mode. I'm not sure why they felt it necessary to change it, other than to deal with loud on location settings, where you couldn't hear what the devil is saying anyway.

I don't think they wanted to animate the devil's mouth.

#3664 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Here you go all done - https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/iron-maiden-truecolor-pop-bumper-plastic-protectors
Of course one of my pop bumper light boards is out atm so only 2 are lit up in the pic
[quoted image]

That upper left one isn't a light, it's a flasher. It's photographing as-designed (i.e. off). No idea why they don't pulse it rapidly so it works like a light until they flash it. They do that with Magneto's spotlight on X-Men and it works fine.

#3688 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I’m still trying to remember how to stack modes with Trooper or Mummy multiball. Start the mode first then shoot the shot for multiball or the other way around?

You have to start the mode first. If you start the multiball first you can't start modes until multiball is over. If you nick the captive mummy ball as you fire the spinner side shot to start trooper, you get a 4 ball trooper, too.

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

So after you spell mummy hit the captive ball going into trooper multi to get 4 ball?

I don't think you even need to spell mummy. Just get two balls locked for trooper, then nick the captive ball when going to lock the 3rd trooper ball and you get a 4 ball trooper.

#3703 5 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I’m in!
Little question, if i want to connect a sub, where do you route de wiring... there is no hole in the cab.

Top of the head has a hole in it for a topper.

#3706 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

New code and best score ever so far, finally got to 2 minutes to midnight mode also BUT duffed it not long after
[quoted image]

Don't feel bad. First time I got to 2MTM I stroked out from the pressure and lost the last ball, I enjoyed it a lot more the second time.

1 week later
#3752 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I was thinking this last night when playing and was going to post, didn’t know it was a flasher. I’ll have to pay more attention

Super-dumb design decision because they could have rapidly pulsed it so it lit like a normal bulb then flashed brightly when needed. They already do this with Magneto's spotlight on X-Men, so it's not like it's an unknown technique. Would save a lot of questions and look a whole lot better.

#3754 5 years ago

Asking for $400 for that one is really stretching credibility.

#3758 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I read somewhere in this thread that the Premiums were suppose to be the Le's. Well I guess they were right, just saw this for the first time today.
[quoted image]

They all say that since they draw from much of the same parts pool. Ghostbusters Prem has LE tags, too. It's common.

#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

LE Tech question. Upgraded to 1.06
Mummy newton ball switch does not register in game or in switch test mode.
Also it looks like one of the mummy captive ball switches also doesnt register
Connectors look tight.
Ideas?
-Jeff

Did you install the Pro update by mistake? Stern doesn't check when you tell it what to install.

Boot up and see what version it says is installed during the boot process.

#3765 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just got my first 2 minutes to midnight

Exciting no matter how many times you get there. Congrats.

#3768 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hit every shot but the right orbit
I still have problems hitting that one consistently. I usually hit the upper flipper going for it.
2 minutes to midnight sure looks nice with those colored modes

Hahaha, thanks for the mode lens tree bracket shoutout.

I love the tension of getting to 2MTM and really, REALLY wanting to hit the needed shots to finish it.

#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I just picked up a premium and so far it has been a blast but there has been one nagging issue which has ruined a few games.
The sarcophagus lock will sometimes release a locked ball into gameplay screwing up the count. This lets two balls go live on the playfield and then when one drains, it stops the players turn. I would have figured that the software would accommodate for this issue but it does not. I am wondering if there is something I need to look at or tweak to prevent this?

Likely a switch issue at the sarcophagus. Did you replace the factory switch in there with a roller switch?

#3772 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

You called it. Dont know how i did it but i did.
Thanks
Jeff

For some reason there's suddenly been a LOT of pinsiders installing the wrong version on their machine, usually Pro on a Prem/LE, so it was an easy call. Seen it a number of times in just the last couple weeks. Glad you're back in business!

#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

No, I didn't replace it. Is this a common mod? I will double check the switch but it seems fine. I am wondering how the ball gets loose during game play?

Dunno, I just know that those factory non-roller switches are the root of all sorts of weird problems reported here.

#3778 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

It is because of the new website. You use to select your model, then in the code section there was a code and readme link for that model. Now the model just expands / collapses the description and under code all models are there. So if you take the first, it is the pro.

That must be a different page than I'm looking at on Stern's site.

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

oh and while you are doing it, install the pin monk lenses

There's a brilliance in the simplicity of this recommendation.

#3794 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Having a small issue with the plunger, when i plunge it barely makes it thru the gate. Im thinking its an issue with the auto plunge bracket causing the ball to be off center, but i cant figure out a fix. The bracket seems kind of loose so bending wont work. Any ideas?

Is the shooter rod smooth-feeling when you pull it slowly? If it's rough, the "vintage" coating has gotting inside the sleeve and is slowing it down. You'll need to take it apart and clean it.

#3801 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wierd thing.... my flippers work fine, but my top right one has a wierd clunk sound after the flipper sound. Havent opened it up yet but figured id ask if any1 else has heard of this?

If you figure it out, let me know. Same thing started happening here with the flipper on the right top, but when I lift the playfield to track it down, it goes away and stays away for any number of games. Comes and goes by itself, but it's really annoying.

#3811 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

It's normal. I've played 3 different Maidens and they all do it. We opened one up on location to see it we could find the issue and everything was perfect. Then we realized that all 3 Maidens(2 pro, 1 Premium) this location has make the same clunk when you release the upper right flipper.

It may be normal for Maiden, but WHAT IS CAUSING IT? The one here didn't start doing it until it had been played for months, so it's not an "always there" thing. It's not a normal thing for flippers in general, and on the one here it comes and goes.

#3814 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I just feel like I have no choices with iron maiden. Mode.. mummy...mode... trooper... mode... cyber multiball.
Just wish there were some or any other options. No chance that more will be added? What we have is all we are going to get?
I play 10 games and each one is the same as the previous. Can’t really “go” for something else. Gotta do the mummy and gotta do that mode.

Mode progression or chopping wood. Iron Maiden and Metallica are two sides of the same coin, but I find Maiden's progression more enjoyable.

#3826 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

If it's the same as mine, which I'm sure it is, the coil stop is too close to the cabinet. That's the sound you're hearing.
This is the ONLY thing I have not been able to fix. Pushing the playfield to the left fixes the issue, but in time it's ease it's way back.
Also shifting it to the left effs up the auto plunge...so I don't recommend doing it.

So the back of the coil stop bracket is knocking on the cabinet? That's a...design fail. I guess I could put some neoprene or something on the back of the coil stop to deaden the sound if that's what's causing it. Something to investigate, at least.

#3829 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

I see no marks of the coil stop hitting the cabinet. I think it's just too close to the cabinet and it's picking up the echo of each and every flip. Place your one hand where the right upper flipper is on the cabinet and activate the flipper and I think you'll feel (hear) what I'm talking about.
If my theory is correct, slide your playfield to the left as far as it goes. If yours is like mine, the sound will fade.

I have thin neoprene that would be good for flipper sound proofing. If it's just an echo of the metal on metal hits, that should stop the sound. I'll try that.

#3856 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry I would have to say no here. I have owned IMDN for a month or so now and the lack of different routes on the game are making it a bit stale for me. I also own LOTR and TWD. You aren’t going to get anything like the code in those games with IMDN and it doesn’t look like any further development is coming.

What are the different routes on LotR? That's pretty much the same progression every time.

#3861 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Not so much different routes but just a more creative coding... collect the characters for multiball... path of the dead for multiball...light lock and lock 3 balls for multiball... vs. IMDN: hit captive ball for multiball or lock 3 balls for multiball.
IMDN has 2 multiball s just for starting a mode.

Okay, but that's not "different routes." LotR has one "route" just like Iron Maiden - you're still doing essentially the SAME things to advance every time in LotR. You can mix it up a little, just like Maiden, but you don't have the advantage of stacks which you do have in Iron Maiden that substantially change how the game both plays and scores depending on what you take and when. I think the main difference you're talking about is story integration into gameplay which you can't have with Iron Maiden since it's not a movie.

#3863 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

No that’s not what I am talking about. But that is true as well.
LOTR has 3 multiballs which can be had and can also be completed... these get to the destroy the ring mode or closer to super wizard mode (valinor) if you complete them. Also I can start each one and progress toward them as I want with different shots...
IMDN has trooper (one or two of the same shots to lock) and mummy multiball ( one shot again and again to start) and they are just multiballs for points ... doesn’t have the deeper dive ... can u complete those multiballs and get to something else? I don’t think so.

The POINT of those two multiballs is to complete them correctly and collect the corresponding eddie card (Mummy and Trooper) to get to Number of the Beast, which requires 4 cards to unlock and corresponds roughly to Destroy the Ring. Now if you dogged on Rime or Aces as point-fest multiballs only, I could see that, but the two multiballs you complained about absolutely have a point that is necessary for getting to the wizard mode. And Cyborg multiball is essentially mapped to Fellowship since once you collect all the types of power (pops, ramps, targets, etc) you start that one...I don't see the problem except that the things you're pointing out are because LotR is story based and the progression hits the story points.

#3875 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Can totally see your love for LOTR, but you and others have missed including the loops. The loops are what make this game epic. I never thought I'd see a game that could top BK2000 for loop euphoria, but IMDN has done it. Oh yeah, then add all that other code. LOTR has nothing like the loops for intensity and code that is slightly deeper.

And just to be clear I didn't mean to dog on LotR - it's a great game. But him saying the progression is somehow so different than Maiden is just wrong. It's very similar.

#3877 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Can you get level 2 Eddie cards before you get all level 1 cards? I mean once I collect the trooper card can I work on level 2 trooper card or do I have to collect the other 3 cards first?

I've gotten level 2 cards before collecting them all.

#3904 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

-How exactly am I adding a ball to mb? I thought I knew but apparently I've been wrong.

Depends on the multiball.

Mummy - hit both ramps
Trooper - hit the center shot when it's oscillating red and blue (purple?)
Aces High - hit the orb/power jackpot target
Rime - hit the orb/power jackpot target
Cyborg - Super Jackpot target. Also, hitting the orb after completing each triangle puts balls out again.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have the Vireland fireball loop mod. Nice to finally see it lighting up during actual play now.

I still look forward to lighting up that fireball loop with the colors on the inserts. Makes the animation much cooler and incentivizes me to keep the loop going.

1 week later
#3924 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know the part # or flipper bat size of the upper left flipper? I cant find it anywhere in the manual.

Seems to be the same one as the upper left one in Family Guy and the lower playfield of AC/DC. Part number 515-6275-06.

#3932 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m back in the club! I had to sell my LE last year (never even got to unbox it).. Just picked LE 376 from a buddy, the game is beautiful and plays great.. even the auto launch works flawlessly. The only downside for me is that we got hit with a snow storm and our power is out so I can’t play
[quoted image]

Power outages suck. We were without power for almost 3 days after the last freak snowstorm dropped about a foot of wet, heavy snow on the city and broke a TON of trees still recovering from the huge Carr fire this past summer. Literally never seen an outage that long in the city limits in over 40 years.

Welcome back to the club, though! Hope you've been able to get some time on it now...

#3934 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

We used to have at least one or two power outages every year in my neighborhood. I solved that by buying a generator. Since then, we've never had another outage.

Ha! About right. This last outage pushed me to get a generator. It would have been TERRIBLE without one, even though we were just running some key appliances and charging our tech.

#3936 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

...and he did all that, with no rubber on the mini flipper!

(takes off rubber on mini flipper on the one here)

#3938 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Whats the advantage/disadvantage of taking it off anyway?

3 billion scores is the advantage. Disadvantage is maybe more likely to crack the bat?

#3940 5 years ago

Robert also held balls on left flipper and still could hit loops with upper left flipper?
Don't seem to be able to do that on my game?

You just need to adjust the switch stack on your left flipper so there's a delay between the lower and upper flipper engaging/disengaging. So, you make it so the gap between the middle and last switch connection is very small so the first and middle contact stay engaged (and the lower flipper remains energized) while removing pressure from the lower flipper button SLIGHTLY and re-engaging will cause the upper to flip. Even with proper adjustment, it's a skill that requires a lot of practice.

#3945 5 years ago

So, if I understand right, you have to adjust the flippers from factory? So, making it easier?
Is this aa common adjustment? First I have heard of it!

It's not really "easier" as it requires a lot of skill to pull off even when the game is helping it happen. Some machines are "loose" from the factory and some are tighter, so whether or not you need to adjust it to get this to work is different machine to machine.

#3946 5 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i will just put it here.... hahaha
COMING SOON TO MEZEL MODS!
here is a sketch only without paint of my patent pending 3d sculpted apron covers. this one i made for this great game iron maiden and im working on 100 designs for other machines i also made one for indiana jones. and working on munsters, bsd, potc (jjp) and more machines (i also got license for few top games).
this is only a prototype. The middle line in the steps is for perspective only and i need to make few changes like to finish the plunger area to make something very cool there and to add more texture to the stairs bricks and to make them look like broken in few areas and its will be awesome! and after paint its will be just perfect
this item is mezel mods exclusive item!!!! check them out for more info soon!
[quoted image]
for more info you can check my other mods and threads

Looks really good overall. Having spent a LOT of time with the Anubis character to get it into 3D for the mod on the back wall, I would suggest that the angle of the eyes is too horizontal (they should angle up more towards nw/ne instead of almost due w/e) and the nose/mouth area needs to be more triangular. Wide and flat like it is now gives a cow nose impression rather than a jackal/dog. That's not to take away from everything else you've done, which looks really great. Just a little more tweaking on the anubii (anubuses?) will really polish it.

anubis-head (resized).jpganubis-head (resized).jpg
#3953 5 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hi guys. Occasionally I seem to be starting battles without hitting the centre ramp target. Is there any other way of starting a battle or do I have a false activation. Perhaps a very tight switch gap on the target which is being triggered by vibration. Thanks. Gaz

It certainly sounds like you're getting a random switch hit. Put it in switch test mode and smack the playfielf with the palm of your hand firmly by the ramp to see if you get a vibration trigger of the pharaoh target.

#3956 5 years ago

Well, I just tried lightly tapping right flipper with 2 trapped balls.
No matter how lightly or hard I tap the upper right flipper does not move?
How on earth does Robert hold 2 balls on right flipper and then hit 5 loops in a row with upper right flipper?
Will ask around as I can't be the only one not able to do this!

You just need to adjust your gap between the middle and last switch contact so it's very close, which will make it so just as you ease up on the flipper button the upper flipper will drop.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

No, I didn't replace it. Is this a common mod? I will double check the switch but it seems fine. I am wondering how the ball gets loose during game play?

As a follow up, the roller switches have been installed for a few days and I have seen none of the errors I saw before. I also installed the Pinmonk lenses which look great.
Only one gremlin left when the ball gets stuck behind the backboard and does not reach the sarcophagus lock. After shaking the game and ball search mode a few times, it determines the ball is gone and adjusts. If the ball does shake free during game play then the game gets all screwed up with its ball count.

I don't have a premium, but maybe you can shim that little U turn piece with a washer to raise the left side just a smidge. It's probably just not at enough of an angle to encourage slow ball travel.

#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

This was a good adrenaline game for me. Would this be considered a respectable score? I was pretty psyched for it.
[quoted image]

With stock outlane posts that's definitely respectable.

#3994 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Forgive me, I’m a little confused on following this 6-way combo rule. Can someone correct me where i might be wrong?
+ is a super Death blow the cash in for the 6-way combo? Or is it a cash in for any # of combos?
+ does the 6-way combo have to be accomplished in 6 shots or is there a grace period if you brick a shot during the combo or hit another target?
+ is there a way to track your current combo count or deathblow value, perhaps instant info?
+ does 6-way combo light a tomb award? I assume it does.
Thanks in advance.

One thing that's interesting when you're in the combo hunt is it will not stop the ball for Tomb Treasures like it usually does. I reported it as a bug, but it's actually a feature. I had a 5 way combo and a tomb treasure lit, I hit the right orbit to get the 5 way and it rolled through, unlit the treasure and played the 5 way combo guitar clip, but didn't stop the ball. I thought that was a bug, but I know now that was so I could make the 6th combo shot and it did award the treasure, it just didn't show it to stop my flow.

1 week later
#4014 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey guys, wanting to upgrade the piece of mind eddy on my pro to the premium version.... anyone make the clear plastic that he stands on for the premium/le’s? My early run pro has no clear plastic there...

That plastic is part of a free ball trap kit Stern will send you. Just tell them you want the ball trap kit for the left upper pop bumper. It fixes a potential ball trap, but also provides a place to zip-tie Eddie's ankle on the pros.

#4015 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Check out posting #2584

There's a link in the Key Post index to jump right to it.

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Mmm they gave the the ‘ol “you have to purchase a whole plastic set from your distributor” lip service.

I don't think the ball trap plastic is part of the Pro plastic set, that's the problem...

#4033 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What pin blades is everyone using on the pro?
Pics would help decide.

Stern ones are the best.

#4035 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What pin blades is everyone using on the pro?
Pics would help decide.

Same right and left corner with the Stern blades...

IMG_5993 (resized).JPGIMG_5993 (resized).JPGIMG_5994 (resized).JPGIMG_5994 (resized).JPG
#4038 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I put these on my premium.

Did they license those? I don't know how they could sell them with all that copyrighted art without a license...

#4052 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I did a temporary trade for an IMDN pro and loving it. Is it worth it to pickup a premium eventually over a pro? I like the art package on premium slightly better.

I do not like the Premium art on the translite all that much. Can't get over the drum major Eddie. That said, if you can take the time to dial in the finicky newton ball mechanisms and the ball lock, the Premium is a much different game and I really like it. You are FORCED to master that left ramp shot, and the way you hit the ball out of the captive lock is really neat since if it's done hard, it seems like you're turning one ball into two instantly. Very cool. The orb light is RGB which adds to that area's look quite a bit as the orb color changes relative to what's going on. Plus the Anubis raising and lowering is super-awesome once you have the 3D Anubis I've made on it (that will be out very soon).

#4057 5 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

Just got home from expo 5.0, i spent the last 2 hours of it playing premium for the first time, i have to say i prefer it to the pro.. im having withdrawls now

It's a substantially different game from the Pro. I like the Premium a LOT.

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone bought the Premium/LE Eddie figures from pinballLife.com?
I know one comes with a bracket, but wasnt sure how the other one is mounted.

Piece of mind eddie is mounted with a zip tie (the Stern special) to the ball trap plastic on the left.

eddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpgeddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpg
#4068 5 years ago

While I'm in here, might as well post that I just opened the interest list for the 3D anubis mod for Pro and Prem/LEs. Will be shipping very soon. More information is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp

Here's one of the prototypes (the final is gold as in the pics in the above thread):

anubis_movement.gifanubis_movement.gif
#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I guess the pro does not have the ball trap plastic.

I got a kit for free by requesting it from Stern tech support because airballs were getting trapped on that leftmost pop bumper as the Pros didn't ship with it. You can try asking tech support for one, but I'm told they're making people buy it now.

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I don't see the plastic ball trap peice on pinball life. Would anyone else sell it?

The kit isn't just the plastic piece but the plastic and some standoffs and screws.

#4077 5 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

I got a few games in on Munsters yesterday, but kept peeking out of the corner of my eye for the Iron Maiden Premium to open up and it finally did. I played pro before and it wasnt bad, the little upper left flipper (on the pro) would stick so it kind of messed things up. But i seriously didnt want to stop playing it yesterday. I've been looking to buy a Star Trek because its a little less money and theres a lot more used ones that come up than IM premium, but I liked it so much I think i'm just going to get a new one.. at all costs. Because life owes me

Putting up Maiden Prem vs Star Trek Prem, Maiden wins all day long.

#4083 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Look ma, I can stand on one leg! The left support rail does not sit on the lockbar receiver and the left hook does not sit level.
This is why people worry about buying NIB Sterns.

Is the cabinet out of square or the playfield warped?

#4086 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

It's also planked/ribbed/whatever we are calling it.
Hard to photograph, but if you look at the translite reflection, this is what the entire PF looks like with the naked eye, right out of the box!
[quoted image]

Yeah the visible grain thing is becoming more common on Sterns. I don't think they're prepping the playfields well. They don't really do anything for that these days, but warped should DEFINITELY be replaced under warranty.

#4090 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

According to this thread:
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/twd-pro-with-new-playfield-mint.8709/
Pinsider Damien was sent a brand new populated PF by Stern for visible grain.

It's situational, but that one was almost a year ago, and I think Stern has been doing that less and less for grain issues because more and more are leaving the factory looking like that. You have a strong claim with the warping, but if it was grain only, I don't know if you'd get the swap.

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

You are correct about the inserts rising.
Thanks for your input, hopefully they replace the PF.

In my opinion the warping makes replacement under warranty a must. I can't see them not doing it.

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

I let them know about this issue on Feb. 5th, and so far (15 emails later) all that they have done is ignore me for long periods of time and request more pictures.
I really hope that you are correct, because if they leave me hanging on this one, I won't be able to get over it.... you'll see a TWD, TSPP, MET and a planked/warped Maiden on the marketplace ASAP.

I'd try calling technical support directly. Sometimes that gets action more quickly than an email queue. The warping is your main focal point since there's no arguing that, I'd focus on that. The wood grain issue would be endlessly debatable and Stern has been more hardcore on not replacing those more recently since so many have it now.

#4102 5 years ago

That looks awesome as usual vireland. Makes me want to buy a premium!

Thanks! It's cool on the Pro, but the MOTION on the Premium/LE lock makes the 3D Anubis really pop. I can watch it over and over. The pre-order list is already long, and that's great! Should be shipping them in about two weeks. I've been printing for a while already on all my machines at once, but since it's a small extruder with small layer height for very nice detail, the daily yield is small.

I eventually want to get most or all of that back into 3D like it should have been for the Prem/LE from the start, but I'll tackle it piece by piece and see how it goes. Working on the next piece now.

#4104 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Just heard back from Chas and for the first time I am somewhat optimistic, as he said "hopefully we will have good news for you soon".
This is the first promising sign so far!

My *guess* is they're busy with Munsters and will probably be putting Iron Maiden back on the line after that briefly and they'll have a populated playfield available to swap then, so that's why nothing has happened yet. The warping you have is pretty bad. I'm confident they'll swap it and it sounds like you're nearing the point of resolution.

#4106 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Can you please put me down for one as well?

Done. Paypal invoices will go out late next week and shipping will start the week after.

#4109 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

They are the same for all models, right? I don't think I specified game model in the interest thread.

Yes, I'm including everything you need to install it on a Pro or a Premium/LE for simplicity's sake.

#4112 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Oooh! What’s the next piece?!

Something on the backboard. When I have something less embarrassing, I'll show it. These always start out as rough ideas that don't always work in real life until they're refined. For now getting the Anubis out so everyone can get it in their machines is the main task...

#4124 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Could you put me down for one as well?

Gotcha covered.

#4126 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks! I picked up a mode tree light mod earlier and will pick up the rest with this too. Looks so good it should’ve been standard from the factory.

Yeah, I've said it too much, but when I see an Iron Maiden with that stock all white mode light tree, especially, it just looks...wrong. All the color brackets I've done improve Iron Maiden in a factory-look way that doesn't jump out as a "mod", but the mode tree one is the one I would say is mandatory. Fireball bracket next, then mummy gradient and eddie cards brackets. If I were to rank them in order of importance.

#4129 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Put me down for an Anubis please Vic. Kimballs looked great.
Thanks
Jeff

That was kind of a last-minute thing to get it out there for people to see the real deal in person at TPF in advance of shipping them. Glad you noticed it was in there! Thanks to Kim for helping out.

#4135 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Can I ask you or anyone else for a link where one could check these out? I am not a big modder. Thanks

Store link to the 5 Iron Maiden items is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-game/2685-iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast

The 6th item will be the 3D Anubis once I get the preorders out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-anubis-3d-character-for-left-ramp

#4139 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

My ball often gets stuck here after shooting the bullseye on premium and it bounces into this gap. Any protector something that exist?[quoted image]

I haven't taken that trim plastic off, but if there are hex posts underneath it, you could just buy about 1/2" taller hex posts and raise that trim plastic enough that the ball either wouldn't get up there at all or would roll out if it did.

#4148 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

FINALLY joined the club, and it's been a long time coming. Best Stern I've played yet. Love this game. What are the must have mods and protectors etc for it? Side art blades vs side mirrors too is what I can't decide??

The art blades from Stern are really nice for Iron Maiden. I would do those over mirror blades.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html

Use the WET method to install them, though. Makes it so much easier...

#4151 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Yep, these are the ones I'm leaning towards. These or the album covers blades. Easy to install I assume?

If you use the wet method, they're very forgiving to install and you have time to get them lined up just right. DO NOT try to install them dry.

I like the official Stern art blades the best as they match the motif of the playfield the best. It all goes together seamlessly.

#4154 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern blades are much thicker than other ones I've purchased. They are very forgiving and can be done easily dry. I prefer to do dry when possible. I'd like to keep water away from my machines as much as possible. My Star Trek blades are MUCH thinner and I will likely go wet.

It's such a small amount of water (and soap) and you wipe it away once you squeegee it out when they're set in place that it's not a big deal, and it makes a MUCH more forgiving install that you can do with the playfield raised up, then down to finish it off. About 3-5 minutes per side. I used to do dry only, but once I tried wet I never went back. WAY easier.

#4178 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I would start a new thread and name names. Start with stern and the people you have spoken to and then name the distributor as well. Need to put pressure on everyone to get the result you think you deserve. Keep updating the thread regularly. Best of luck.

100% this. And focus the warping as the problem, not the wood grain. The warp should be the warranty trigger.

#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Not quite. Machine is pretty, but until you install vireland insert light mods, it will never be complete

Haha! I wasn't going to say it because my OCD seems to now flag white insert Maiden's as "wrong" but thanks for doing it for me!

#4202 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

My ball often gets stuck here after shooting the bullseye on premium and it bounces into this gap. Any protector something that exist?[quoted image]

After saying I hadn't had that problem on the route I help with, we promptly had this happen two times in the past week. Because of the movement of the sarcophagus next to it, it really jams the ball in there so you can't even shake it loose. I used a scrap piece of PETG I had around and a small post and made a standoff that solves this issue.

Here's the factory look with no standoff:
step-0 (resized).jpgstep-0 (resized).jpg

I used an 11/32" standoff in the back and a 5/8" standoff in the front so the plastic is sloped slightly down (mouser bags with part numbers for your reference):
standoffs (resized).jpgstandoffs (resized).jpg
step-1 (resized).jpgstep-1 (resized).jpg

On the back of the plastic I put the mini post and a 27/64" rubber to help bounce balls that might try to get up there away:
step2 (resized).jpgstep2 (resized).jpg

However, if they DO get up there, they now roll off, or into the sarcophagus or over the sarcophagus - no more stuck balls.

And here's an actual size 300dpi scan of the lower plastic you can use as a template to make the upper plastic:
ramp-adacent piece.pngramp-adacent piece.png

#4205 5 years ago
Quoted from Dopes214tx:

Just joined the club, better late than never. Picked up a Refinery edition Pro at TPF. Can't stop playing. ZombeiYeti killed the artwork on this game and Keith nailed the flow. Already ordered some pinstadiums and pin monk's color insert covers. Now I just need to make my way through this thread and get caught up.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think the red flake is the best look for powdercoated armor on these. Really looks sharp.

#4224 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Joined the club last night
Does a shaker add anything to this game?[quoted image]

Yes. Best $100 you'll spend on Iron Maiden.

#4227 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Really? Serious question. I’ve never bought a shaker, so curious to know.

It has a number of nice effects like shaking the machine when the tomb scrapes open. Overall it has a good integration of the shaker effects into the gameplay.

#4230 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Well, after the mode tree

Well, those aren't $100 unless you get all 4 brackets, but definite thumbs-up for the mention!

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also, the pop plastics look great
Honourable mention to the Stern side blades. Very well done

Yeah the Stern blades are very nicely integrated into the playfield theme. Much better than Deadpool's art blades.

#4241 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine came with the Stern shaker.... meh. I put it in my SW. I have the red tremor shakers in 2 other pins, now those are nice.

I despise the Red Tremor shakers. They're unpleasant jackhammer-like shaking.

#4242 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

My Stern blades just showed up today. Hope to install them this weekend. Do they need to be almost completely flat, or can they be installed a bit wavy? I've only done mirror blades, so this is new to me.
[quoted image]

Wet install with soapy water and a squeegee/wallpaper tool to smooth them out and get rid of the excess liquid and you're golden. No need to wait for them to relax.

#4248 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Has anyone figured out a way to deaden the knocking sound from the upper right flipper? I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but not it's 85 pages long! It's driving me crazy.

Longer return spring (to slow the return), or stretch out the one you have. Or, put deadening foam on teh backside of the bracket where the coil arm snaps back to rest so the sound is deadened.

#4250 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintor:

Joined the club! Purchased mine from vireland and it came with all his mods already installed!!! I love the gel inserts, it makes a big difference on the appearance of the PF.
I’ll have to pickup the shaker!
[quoted image]

You got the 3D Anubis I was using to test out the mounting on a Pro. The first one in the wild.

#4263 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

OK ... so I can't get enough of this game and was looking at the stern flyer for the premium
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMDN-PREM.pdf
Where do I find the CPU mounted line-out audio connector and the other features listed?[quoted image]

It's not an easy jack. You have to make or buy a cable. I covered it here:

#4264 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not sure if it's the same for premiums but I was told the line out is hit or miss on Maiden (pro) and is consistent in newer games. I ask my distro to open one for me to look inside. No line out in the display model. My Maiden (pro) also has no line out. I bought a pinnovators sub kit. Easiest mod in the world.

Yes, this is covered in the thread I made about making an audio out cable to hook to an external amp. For some reason there's a running revision on the boards and some of them don't have sub out. You can still DO a sub on those, but you'll have to use the line out for the speakers to an external $20-30 amp, and use that for your crossover and output to the sub.

#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Requesting some advice for a first time pin owner. Loving my Pro table and decided it was time to clean the play field for the first time. I used the Novus #1 (plastic clean &amp; shine) to remove the grime followed by Novus #2 (fine scratch remover) to give it a bit of polish. Play field looks great so I close up the table and start up a new game. Much to my dismay, when I manually plunge the ball it now routinely hits the post on the right side of the regular skill shot target instead of going up the left loop. The auto-plunge is doing the same.
I've played a couple hundred games before cleaning and the manual plunge has always gone flying up the left loop. The auto-plunge was about 80% but I've yet to dial it in.
Any advice?
While the plunge is not a huge part of the game (multi-ball aside) this has lowered my enjoyment of the game. Trying to get the super skill shot was a fun challenge and now it's all but impossible. If I had to choose between a clean table and a functional game I'd live with a bit of grime

When your playfield is clean and as a result faster, it changes the ball movement slightly. You may want to do a combination of adjusting the guide down a smidge (to fix the manual plunge) and putting the stronger coil on to fix the auto plunge. There are links to posts that discuss this in the thread index at the top of each page in the Iron Maiden issues thread.

First post about shimming the guide rail is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/30#post-4726439

#4282 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Agreed. I tried to put a white border around it like you see in the Iron Maiden on free play but it washed out the colour. So I might need to have a look at it, see what I can do.

If you ghost the background a little it will help with text legibility, but the colors should be changed to help with that, too.

#4293 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I'll fix the typo tonight and amend here, sorry guys! As for the printing, my printer software won't print at the right size of 75 x 135mm which is the size needed.

Your measured size and DPI both have to match the target you want or you get it too big or too small.

#4294 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I'll fix the typo tonight and amend here, sorry guys! As for the printing, my printer software won't print at the right size of 75 x 135mm which is the size needed.

You have more than one typo. "Pryamid" is on there at least twice.

Here's a PDF that should print at the size you wanted (but it's VERY hard to read with that font size and non-ghosted background). Print it at "actual size".

IM-CARD-FIXED.pdfIM-CARD-FIXED.pdf
#4296 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

With spelling errors corrected...hopefully! lol
vireland thank you for redoing the card and sorry for the silly question but at what size do i print it out as. When I print at 10 x 15cm (or 4" x 6") it is still slightly bigger than the Stern official cards. Feel free to pm so we don't clog up this thread if you like. Cheers
[quoted image]

It should be something like 142mm x 76mm, I think.

The aspect ratio of your instruction cards is roughly correct, but the last one (that used to have the "FREE PLAY" at the bottom) has the wrong aspect ratio.

#4298 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

"Pharoh's" should read "Pharohs'"
Pharoh's = Phaaroh is
Pharohs' = belonging to the Pharoh

Actually pharaoh is the correct spelling.

Multiball also is typo'ed as "mulitball" a few times. Save that for the Joe Dirt pinball.

Your possessive lesson is not correct unless the word already ends in "s" that you're making possessive.

#4301 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There may be different grammar instruction in American, but the English grammar is correct.

Have a read:
https://www.ef.edu/english-resources/english-grammar/forming-possessive/

We're talking about ONE pharaoh, so to use "pharaoh's" as the possessive form is correct. IF we were talking about a GROUP of Egyptian kings in a possessive way, then " pharaohs' " would be the form you want.

#4305 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Americans just have a grudge against the letter U.
Flavour, labour, colour. Anything in that ballpark and the U gets kicked out. Not sure why.

Because Americans are all about me, me, me, me, not u.

#4343 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Finally joined the Maiden crew

Welcome! You're going to love it!

#4349 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

My lower left flipper is not consistently firing when I press the left button - however the upper left flipper always fires. I called Stern and got the "clean out the switch" advice, which I did using a business card as instructed. This worked a bit, but after 10 or so games the lower left flipper is non-responsive again. Looking for some clues/advice from this awesome bunch, thanks ahead of time!

Sounds like the leaves of the switch stack may be too far away and just need to be bent closer. Take a picture of the switch at the flipper button from the top, both at rest and with the flipper button pressed.

#4352 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

It looks like the little nub that makes contact is defective. Compare the one the green arrow is pointing to against the one the red arrow is pointing to. With that shape it would be making intermittent or no contact. Take the switch stack apart and replace that leaf or replace the whole switch stack. You might be able to file the pointy one down so it makes better contact just to get you up and running temporarily, but that needs to be replaced for long-term use.

flaky flipper (resized).jpgflaky flipper (resized).jpg

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Same. Its how its done on the Premium/LE too.

He's factory zip-tied on the back foot on the Premium we have here.

eddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpgeddie-piece-of-mind-mount (resized).jpg
#4362 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Oh wait...you are right....though, isn't he also screwed down? Maybe I'm misremembering a picture I once saw...

I think the front foot is screwed in and the back is zip-tied.

#4367 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Initial strategy immediately after the plunge is to get the ball to the right flipper and then shoot the Revive spinner 2 times to light the outlanes. This almost always guarantees a game over 100 million, even with EB’s turned off.

And get good at the super secret skill shot to the left outlane for 20 million a pop. Guarantees a 60-80 million point game just right there if you get 1 extra ball and can do it consistently.

#4374 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

I picked up this plastic after having so many stuck balls on our IM Prem in the arcade. Taking the glass off 2-3 times a day to help customers with stuck balls is not fun. This one should do the trick. Have them now on the site as well.
[quoted image]

I sent a pic of the one I whipped up for our Maiden Premium here to Stern but they have to be aware of the problem. They should do a running change and include something to stop balls from getting in there. It's a very common ball trap.

step2 (resized).jpgstep2 (resized).jpg
#4380 5 years ago

Couldn't find a NECA Cyborg figure so found 2 Minutes to Midnight NECA as that is the other mini-wizard mode.
Fits perfectly with just 2 zip ties and no drilling of figure etc.
I think it looks pretty good and way better than flat plastic Cyborg!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The leg looks weird just laying there. Hang it in front of the pharaoh target and make it a piñata the ball can hit on its way to the target.

#4387 5 years ago
Quoted from Novastorm:

Hey everyone, I'm new to the hobby and have a question i hope someone can answer.
The opto for the big loop on my premium needs adjusting, it registers whenever the left flipper is used or when i hit the playfield with my hand near it, now I've read a lot about Stern using softer/lower quality wood, so my question is should i remove some parts on the playfield to reach the opto, or is it safe to just unscrew it from the bottom?
I'm a bit worried that if this part needs adjustment often and i always remove the assembly from the bottom eventually the screws won't have any wood left to grip when reinstalling?
Perhaps that doesn't happen so easily but like i said I'm new to this so better safe than sorry

A few times in and out with the screw won't cause you trouble, and even if you DO wear the hole out, a toothpick piece and a little wood glue will make the hole grip like new again.

#4391 5 years ago
Quoted from Novastorm:

So i adjusted my opto and was curious, is this how they are from factory or does mine have a mod? (bought it second hand and seller couldn't remember all the mods he had installed)
There's a bit of plastic in front of the receiver that I remember seeing under the mods section of some shops, but i don't know if that is just an improved version of the factory plastic or that the plastic isn't there when it's new in box. [quoted image]

That's a mod so fast orbit shots register consistently. Maybe the factory is doing it now, but I doubt it.

https://mezelmods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-loop-adjuster-kit

#4393 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Has anyone found these necessary? I was wondering if they seem to be needed further down the road or something. Mine seems to register everything fine but it's only 4mo. old huo

I never had a problem with orbits registering on the Pro OR the Prem.

#4399 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I'm considering buying an IM Prem, there is a long thread about code issues, is everyone here generally happy with the code as it is or do you find the bugs annoying and code lacking polish?
Also can you adjust the music volume and sound effects volume independently? Was thinking if I got tired of the music I could make it more a of background sound.

Fairly long buglist, but pretty complicated code, none of the bugs are so annoying I can't stand it. Totally recommend the Premium.

#4442 5 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I noticed the update from 1.05 to 1.06 changed the Tilt from devil/beast to a nuclear blast. I thought hmmm, perhaps some people were offended by the devil. Still don't know the specifics that brought us the change.

I think it's because they didn't want to dub the devil. I hope the change is temporary and he comes back as a Chatty Kathy with taunts galore.

#4444 5 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

just unboxed my first NIB and powered it on
says Node 8 board not found
tried to start a game and it says locating pinballs
then nothing
ive reset all the cables and added the pinballs with the power on \
nothing
it keeps saying locating pinballs \
\
any ideas
this is the worst,

Check connection of the cables that look like network cables in the backbox and going into the node 8 board under the playfield. Might just have a loose/disconnected cable.

#4449 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Sorry if this has been posted or asked already, but wondering if it’s normal for this pin to have louder flipper mechs?
On my example, particularly for the right flippers, they sound much louder. Not sure if it’s simply because there’s 2 full size flippers on the right side and the coils are naturally louder?
Thanks!

The right flipper is especially loud because the upper right one is *right next* to the cabinet and it creates an echo/vibration feedback kind of situation. It's why you get that after clunk (and if you haven't yet, you will once it breaks in).

#4472 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Plastics Protectors?
Please recommend a source for a set of plastics protectors. My last set - for another title - came from Pinbits and they were fine/complete, but they don't seem to make a set for IMDN. I found just one set - an abbreviated one from Pinball Life. Is this all owners have found? I would rather have a more complete set. Does one exist?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I recommend these:
https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/iron-maiden-truecolor-plastic-protectors

Neon yellow looks fantastic on Maiden.

#4475 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have true color protectors on most of my games. They are awesome.
Wonder if they will make these in orange instead of yellow.

I think the orange may be too much. Yellow looks amazing on Iron Maiden.

#4501 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Can someone tell me why this happens, and if there is an easy solution? When my trooper locks are lit and I hit the center ramp, the majority of the time it locks the ball, even if it comes out the right side? Has this happened to others ?

Put it in switch test mode and hit the playfield with your open palm firmly a few places around the upper PF. See if it triggers any switches. You may have a switch that's triggering from vibration.

#4506 4 years ago

Mystery Protector?
Please tell me where on the PF the protector in the middle of this photo belongs. If you're going to say the Super Jackpot lane/target, it doesn't really fit there, despite having the tell-tale "tear-drop" cutout. Kit is from Little Shop of Games in FL - perhaps the only "complete" kit.
Thanks.[quoted image]

Over the sarcophagus captive ball to the left of the ramp.

#4512 4 years ago

The protector you speak of is in the upper right of the photo. I know its location on the PF. The mystery protector is in the center of the photo.

You're confusing pro vs premium. The protector is different for each. I'm assuming you have a Premium/LE and that protector in the center (for the sarcophagus on a pro) isn't used.

#4513 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered, but what is the function of the "upper deck" of the Sarcophagus ball lock cover? By upper deck, I'm referring to the "wing," with its mysterious polygon shape. This mech seems to be an effort to put several ugly screw heads in a prominent place. I like to see the balls in the lock, so, speaking of mods, I'm less keen on repurposed sarcophagi. If someone's going to make a mod, a basic, clear cover would be nice. Mechanical engineers don't incorporate wasted materials into pin designs, so I'm guessing someone is going to clue me in shortly about the essential aspect of this thing.
[quoted image]

It diverts balls to the upper left flipper when the sarcophagus is already loaded.

1 week later
#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

hey all. I'm having a very peculiar problem that I've never seen before. When I boot up my game it automatically goes into "mystery award" mode. And every time I hit a flipper I get points. See video and please lmk why this might be happening. fyi I tried re-installing 1.06 (the most recent) and that doesn't seem to help.
Adam

Your newton ball on the left is registering hits from vibration or needs to be adjusted. Put it in switch test mode and you'll see it. If it's not immediately obvious smack the playfield with your open palm to create vibration which should trigger it.

#4555 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

IMo Pro, less time tweaking your game. No Newton ball issues, sarcophagus lock shot happens only a few times a game. Middle scoop is cool but I don’t like how it pops back out, should have been a subway return to your flippers.
Premium art is dope though.
To teach their own

We had a pro on the route for almost a year before upgrading it to a Premium. The Premium is a way better experience. It plays a lot different because of the raising center ramp and hitting the left ramp to load the captive ball. We got a late build so zero problems with the sarcophagus or newton ball. Having played both extensively, it's Premium all the way.

#4569 4 years ago

Sorry to take up space quoting my own post, but does no one have any experience with the problem of a ball getting stuck in the Sarcophagus? A ball gets stuck there in every game, so *I'm* stuck 'til I can sort this.

Likely just needs the switch in there adjusted so the game knows a ball is in there. Check the switch by going into switch test mode.

#4588 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m considering an IMDN prem purchase. It sounds like some of the early builds had some issues? If you were buying today and had the option between an early build vs one built in 2019 and the price difference was in the $300-500 range, would you take the new build? All other things equal.. # plays etc.

for that little difference, new

#4606 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The Egypt topper looks really cool... But $400? It doesn't look that cool, unfortunately.

Yeah, it's like $50 in materials, if that. I hate these newer toppers Stern is putting out that are so basic. Game of Thrones' topper was epic, Batman'66 was pretty nice, but they're getting worse, not better as they go.

Maybe Star Wars' topper will change my mind IF it ever gets approved for release. Crazy that there's still no official topper for it.

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Dumb question, what Cliffy’s? Don’t see anything on his website??

Look in the "new" section. Here's a picture of the set. Email cliff to order one.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/IMDN-LE-Set-001.jpg

#4640 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Decided to fire up my game this weekend and to my surprise I had a couple of pretty nice games. I even got to 2 minutes to midnight. This is the first time I got to it on the current settings and code update. Been close a few times, but finally was able to get there.
Do you guys think there will be another code update, or is IM done with the code. Just curious. I really like the most recent code. As the change I liked the best was to revive and how you can start to build it back up after just using one outlane.

There are still issues and they need a version with the new OS released, so I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one more update.

#4642 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... One thing I'd wish they'd do. Is the game to keep track of the balls in play better... My game wigs out when I hit the ball out of the mummy lock and it doesn't register. So then when one of the two balls in play drains... Well... My ball ends because teh MB never started.
And then sometimes when I do trigger the MB on the next ball. It launches 2 balls. So I have 3 balls in play instead of the correct 2...
And then when I drain down to 2 balls... Sometimes the MB ends... But, when I do finally lose the 2nd ball. The ball doesn't end. It ends when I lose the final ball...
But, there are rare times when the ball ends with still 1 ball in play...
And on other multiballs like hte trooper it can send out an extra ball as well... However, if I stay away from mummy or if it triggers like its supposed to, I don't experience these issues.
And I really don't see how hard it is to program in the game to know where the balls are. Maybe it is... But, I think they could fix it with code...
I do know I need to adjust my sarcophagus ball and finally fix it... But, I'm really not good at these types of fixes. So I'm hoping that the next time I buy a pinball from Hemphispheres I can pay them to make that fix for me when they set up my new game...
But, I might just try to make the fix myself eventually... But, its not a major issue... Just a minor annoyance really.

It's weird how some pins handle ball management really well and others don't. But yeah, I agree with what you're saying.

#4654 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Finally got time this weekend to color and install Virelands Anubis Figure kit.
One of the easiest mods to install.
Very cool.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So choice.

I will get to putting out instructions to uplight it on Premium/LEs one of these days. You have to basically double-stack the spotlights. The lower will be a spotlight and the upper will be the existing flasher.

#4676 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have a stern shaker in my maiden and I'm on my 2nd stern shaker in Metallica. (1st one was replaced) All 3 started squeaking after about 2 mo. of home use. Not bad but worth mentioning

Try Pinball Life ones? Never had an issue with them...

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Well you got “Number of the Beast” playing the B side “That Girl.” Interesting bit what I want is an official release with the track title artwork. Like I said before, they don’t have to make any new modes. Just add two songs.

Well, unlock Run to the Hills and that becomes a permanent song choice in the game.

#4692 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

To be blunt. Are there hidden songs?

It's not hidden per-se, but it's not in your song rotation until you play the Run to the Hills super-wizard mode. After that, you can select it as a song from then on any time in the game.

#4694 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What song? Run to the Hills is always selectable.

Haha, maybe it changed and I didn't notice. I have my favorite songs to play to and that's not one of them.

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I am going to be joining the club! Should get it next week sometime. I’ve read through a lot of the posts in this thread plus the Iron Maiden issues thread and wondering if I should plan on changing the coil for the auto plunge. Has that been the universal fix for auto plunge issues? Also, would it be a good idea to get the corner braces for this game or do the newer production runs have them? I’m not worried too much about aesthetic mods at this point, I just want to get my game dialed in ASAP after receiving it. What’s the best pitch this game should be at? Also, is the loop adjuster kit really necessary? It’s suppose to correct for really fast balls through the loop...Thanks, looking forward to exploring this game in much more depth.

Auto launch coil change will become necessary, but maybe not at the beginning
Corner braces are a good idea. Not that hard, and I put up a step-by-step how-to here
Loop adjuster, wait and see. Some machines don't have this problem.
Definitely get a shaker motor ASAP. The game makes very good use of them, and it's only about $100.

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I can’t believe Stern has not installed better corner braces on these games. I thought they changed that shit.

It's weird, they make a step back in the right direction, then it's back to cost reduction land and it goes away.

#4732 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I agree. Switched to prem translite for my pro. Is was like $100 from Stern. Did not like the pro one.

I dunno. We had a Pro on the route and then got a Premium, and I can't get the image out of my head that Eddie is a drum major in a parade of weirdos on the Premium translite. It's the way he's holding that scepter with his mouth open like he's barking orders.

#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I hear you . Even with that drum major Eddie I still liked it better than the pro. I also have custom apron with lit pharaohs so it matches better.
Delt 31, forgot to mention Stern charges $25 to ship a poster roll. Crazy. Hopefully they are still avail on Stern site if you want one.

Probably cheaper to have Terry at Pinball Life special order it for you. I we got the Deadpool Pro translite (to replace the Premium one) for like $77. I imagine Iron Maiden is similar.

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I have wanted an Iron Maiden Pro since release and at Christmas time, the local nightclub got an Iron Maiden Pro in their side bar. I've been playing it every 1-2 weeks since I found it there (my city hasn't had a new Stern pin since AC/DC was released). I love the cabinet art the best on the Pro, but have also been throwing around the idea of buying a Premium or LE when the time comes. Worried that the shine will have worn off the Pro if I buy one after playing it so much. Extra features might be nice.

The premium/le plays a lot different than the pro. After spending a lot of time on both, I prefer the Prem/LE play.

#4748 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Premium LE owners will argue for their choice and pro the same. Tough to get a straight answer on pinside.

In my case, at least, the difference is, we've had BOTH on the route, and I've played BOTH extensively. Not a normal owner situation. The Premium/LE plays a lot different than the pro due to the newton ball, center raising ramp (RotAM hurryup is MUCH easier) and left ramp for mummy loading plus shooting the ball out the back when you hit the captive ball to start mummy. I like the differences and recommend the Premium.

That said, unlike Deadpool where the Premium/LE is hands-down the best choice, for Iron Maiden it kind of comes down to personal preference since the two versions ARE so different.

#4762 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I own a pro and was hoping someone on here could produce some apron cards that have the premium translight on one with rules and another with the LE translite and game designers on it for the other? OR can someone tell me the software you guys are using to design my own? Thanks!

Photoshop.

#4764 4 years ago

Any tips for getting Mummy SJ?
For me hardest to get of the 4 Eddie cards.

Rip the upper left spinner. Win. Those turns count as switch hits which qualify the mummy jackpot, so you can qualify the mummy jackpot with one rip if the ball's fast enough, two at most. Then hit the captive ball and repeat. It can be over very quickly since the spinner shot is not hard.

#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Easier said than done... I can't hit the revive spinners with any consistency. . Do I just need to play better or is it a tough shot?

It's a moderately tough shot, right at the end of your right flipper, but you need to get good at it. It should be the first thing you light up when you start a game, to give you outlane insurance.

#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

How hard would it be to remove the head of IMDN? I don't have any spike games to check.
I know there are less cables but isn't there a power supply up there? Can you unplug that?

Power supply is all within the head unless you have a DBA. Power supply goes to power distribution board, then to the machine. Way less cables than a classic 90's game or JJP.

#4777 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

So you can unplug that power cable that goes to the machine?

To move it? Sure.

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Yea, I need to remove heads to get them into my game room. LOTR was like 30 plugs...
Thanks

Spike is just a few plugs. One of the few ways Spike is better than SAM/Whitestar.

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Got my first ever mummy eddy card from this. Thank you!

Now go for a level 2 card!

#4783 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

fack i have no idea what that is. Time to read the ruleset again

Just get another super jackpot in the mummy multiball. Easy peasy now that you've done it once. The card will flash signifying it's a level 2 card.

#4785 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This might be a dumb question, but in league last night I was having a brain fart. To stack a mode with multiball, do you have to start the mode 1st, then multiball? Or is it the other war around?

Mode first, then multiball.

#4788 4 years ago

I wonder why Iron Maiden doesn't have a Midnight Madness mode...?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

753 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.