(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 500 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11394 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am just wondering if I can pre-order one some place? It's hard to tell from Stern's sight if it is still in production or not....

There’s none on the released production schedule this year but it’s also not been archived, so the unhelpful answer is no one really knows. I think it’s unlikely there will be any this year as it’s not on the schedule but maybe next year.

3 weeks later
#11492 1 year ago

The pro doesn't have any magnets does it?

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am just wondering if I can pre-order one some place? It's hard to tell from Stern's sight if it is still in production or not....

Iron Maiden had now been moved to the archived section on the Stern site

#11516 1 year ago

IMDN is back in the 'in production' section. Who knows what's going on lol

4 weeks later
#11628 1 year ago

I have a pro. I’ll be honest and say premium is better, premium is better for almost every game imo. Toys/mechs add excitement or another dimension to games especially to visitors/ people who don’t play a lot or to kids or big kids! Mechs can also give better visual queues on what to shoot for beginners or people who can rarely even glance away from the flippers.

In a flat comparison a premium almost always wins against a pro unless you really, really valve not having to tweak mechs (because let’s be honest premiums of any game almost always have a toy that needs tweaking that pros don’t have, although pros may not be tweak free either!)

But it’s not a flat comparison, it’s a pro +$2100 or a premium. If I had space for one machine and money for a premium I’d get a premium. If I had endless money, I’d get a premium. I have space for 4 machines, for how much I want to spend on machines I can either have 4 pros or 3 premiums. I opted for 4 pros, I played every day so I appreciate the variety that 1 extra machine gives me. Someone else may valve the added fun factor of 3 premiums over the variety of 4 pros.

I don’t think when people say ‘the pro is better’ they really mean the pro is better, they mean ‘hey to me the premium isnt worth $2100 more’

2 months later
#11824 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Not sure if has been mentioned in this thread, I may have missed it ?
Anyone installed SiC in their Iron Maiden ?
Worth while addition ?
I am thinking about if any value adding Insider Connect.
Its ok on Godzilla but SiC kit is $400 aud here its either that or put the money towards more mods.
Appreciate any feedback about Insider for Iron Maiden please.

If you still have that Godzilla on your profile page, just buy an sd card and wifi dongle for Maiden and register using Godzilla's scanner if needed. Then just use home team for IMDN. Much cheaper option

#11833 1 year ago

I don’t think it’s cheating, it’s your machine set it up however you like. People spend a lot of money on their machines, they should set them up however they want to make them the most amount of fun for them, if someone wants to play on 10 balls on their own machine I think that’s fine too.

I like having flipper fans and Titan rubbers, I won’t be getting the precision flippers though. I feel like the fans just make the game work as intended when I play for a long time. The titans are partly to make the machine not get as dirty. I think these new flippers, if they make shots easier, that’s actually going to make me a worse player over time. There’s other settings I’d rather play with to make a game easier. I played with a really loose tilt bob for a while and it made me worse after a while because I knew I could just slide the machine around endlessly to save any bad shots so I didn’t have to be as accurate.

I also hope they don’t become so standard an add on that designers start making games more difficult because their games are becoming easier than they intended.

3 months later
#12198 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yep, read this - no idea what this means on Trooper "Collecting 3 Jackpots lights the first Super Jackpot at the corresponding target" What corresponding Target?

The deadend shot from the mini flipper, above the loop. It has a red insert that says super jackpot

5 months later
#13039 11 months ago

What are the chances of stern rerunning the flag side armor for the new run? Or are they still available anywhere? I can only find out of stock

3 weeks later
#13275 10 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Why pay $2500 for the Aces High Topper?
They’re going back into production 3rd quarter of this year.
We’re taking preorders for them now with a $100 deposit.
$999.99 plus shipping
Send me a PM if you’d like to order one.

Any idea if the side armour will be rerun?

1 week later
#13362 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you that worked;
——————————————————————
Few questions what are the recommended settings for :
A) trough eject power
B) auto-launch power
C) upper left flipper strength(bump it up a bit to 200?)
D) upper right flipper strength (default?)
————————————————
Now let’s talk about some of the games shots and difficulty levels
1)Is backhanding the left orb shot supposed to be hard?
~I can rarely do it from the left flipper trapped. Usually it happens on the fly
~Forehanding that orb shot is super fast and dangerous! I’ve had many a ricochet back SDTM.
2)right ramp way harder to hit then left atm for me;
is it possible to backhand either ramp not on the fly but trapped?
It seems like this gameplay is constant flow and not really stop and go the fact that there is no real scoop (pro)is a nice change….
Appreciate the helping of a newcomer and I think this game is unreal!

Woah! Wait just a second here ?!?!?!
when you launch the ball it’s supposed to go up left loop? (I assume left orbit)
This is actually impossible in my game cause of the angle there is no way !!: it hits the skill shot target every time automatically lol
Here is a pic attached of my ball guide…
Hopefully my tech can fix this for me I had no idea !!![quoted image]

A - as low as it goes and still kicks out, think mine is the lowest possible allowed by settings
B,C & D - all default

The auto plunge should go around the big loop not the left orbit.

Personally I don’t think backhand to orb is a difficult shot but we all have different strengths.

1 month later
#13853 9 months ago

Has anyone done anything other than red for powder coating on the pro? Pics please!

1 month later
#14316 7 months ago

How do you build the loop value to 2.5m to get the Lucrative Loops achievement? I seem unable lol

2 weeks later
#14546 6 months ago

Timers in Maiden can be adjusted up a lot if you want to complete modes. But also remember if your target is getting to the beast you actually only need to start the Eddie modes, not complete them.

So if you are an average player or below who wants to get to the beast and you start mummy or trooper and an Eddie mode at the same time, your focus should be on the mb not the mode.

You can also use the mb Eddie modes to work on power objectives for cyborg instead of doing the mode if you are constantly finding yourself short of ramps or whatever.

Adjusting the Eddie mode timers upwards can actually make it harder to get to the beast because if you don’t hit all the shots you have to survive for longer. Making them longer only makes it easier to get to run to the hills. Make mummy and trooper ball save timers longer and add a ball ball save timer longer will help you get to the beast if that is your aim.

3 weeks later
#14730 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I totally agree. I wish you could change the settings, easily back-and-forth or save them. I’m surprise that’s not an option.
Do you need to collect soul shards? Exactly what do they do?
I always freak out when I have to collect one and usually miss it lol

If you’re going for run to the hills , yes you need soul shards. But RttH is really for top players. If you just want to get to the beast then no you don’t need soul shards and you’re actually making the game harder by increasing the Eddie mode timers.

I think you’re just not hitting the spinner cleanly. It’s a hard shot but very rewarding once you get it down. Hardest shot for me is trooper super jackpot, I hate it! The amount of times I’ve got a lvl 2 card from trooper instead of lvl 1 is stupid!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=noskills and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.