(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Since tightening the leg bolts puts equal pressure on the inside and the outside of the cabinet at the same time over tightening the bolts can't be a factor in cabinet splitting. The threads will strip before any wood damage.

looking good sir!

3 weeks later
#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

For anyone that loves this pin but isn't wild about the iron maiden theme, has anyone considered replacing the songs with their instrumental versions? That way you still get the songs without the singing? I was thinking about this, and it would just make the game more like a better sounding Judge Dredd?

I'm doing a disco version.

7 months later
#3716 5 years ago

played a pro at the weekend in tournament, and after falling out of love with my LE because of mech issues etc I had wished I'd got a pro. Not now. I'm so glad I've got the LE, the flow of the game is soooo much better.

1 week later
#3755 5 years ago

who did the videos for these? I can't believe the videos are so piss poor.

#3775 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I just picked up a premium and so far it has been a blast but there has been one nagging issue which has ruined a few games.
The sarcophagus lock will sometimes release a locked ball into gameplay screwing up the count. This lets two balls go live on the playfield and then when one drains, it stops the players turn. I would have figured that the software would accommodate for this issue but it does not. I am wondering if there is something I need to look at or tweak to prevent this?

install the roller switches. Its a must do on this. And I believe what was originally planned but then somehow didn't happen (look in the manual and you'll see they have roller switches rather than the kinked switch)

large (resized).JPGlarge (resized).JPG

Neil.

#3777 5 years ago

oh and while you are doing it, install the pin monk lenses

#3786 5 years ago

had mine in for a few weeks with no issues.

#3799 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

1. A captive ball that makes the power jackpot way easier to collect by mistake. I'm already trying to avoid collecting it, to build the value up. Would not want this.
2. Both balls end up at the lower RF every time. Same gameplay.
3. Both versions have the left ramp and captive ball shots in the same places. Some additional strategy is gained for Mummy multiball here, which is IMO the one significant difference in gameplay.
4. Keith Elwin disables 'can i play with madness' mode and prefers the Pro award, +15M to power jackpot. Nuff said.
I know prem owners must defend their extra spending, but in reality, the prem has a slightly different way to approach Mummy multiball, which is pretty cool, and that's about it. Everything else is very similar on both versions.
Watching the Prem/LE at INDISC on the weekend, it was very obvious that the strategy of the players was the exact same as when they play the Pro. The Pro has been used at many tournaments recently, so there is plenty of video evidence available to show that the differences do not greatly affect how this game is played.

I don't agree they both play very different. The flap changes the game considerably, if you go from LE to Pro its quite a different game.

#3823 5 years ago

I wish the game would do a status report of how far you got at the end of it. Its hard to track everything going on.

#3859 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
i want to add IMDN to my collection and i wonder if the code is as good as LOTR and TWD codes, which i think is the best codes ever created?
Thanks

I own TWD and IMDN and IMDN code is nearly as good as TWD. You'll love it. if you want a code deep game though -> Batman'66.

#3894 5 years ago

WJxxxx is nearly one of the top players in the UK

Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 20.42.48 (resized).pngScreenshot 2019-02-18 at 20.42.48 (resized).png

Neil.

1 week later
#3959 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m back in the club! I had to sell my LE last year (never even got to unbox it).. Just picked LE 376 from a buddy, the game is beautiful and plays great.. even the auto launch works flawlessly. The only downside for me is that we got hit with a snow storm and our power is out so I can’t play
[quoted image]

dood every time I see a post from you it makes my day better, and glad you got IMDN again - its a superb game.

#3960 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I just tried lightly tapping right flipper with 2 trapped balls.
No matter how lightly or hard I tap the upper right flipper does not move?
How on earth does Robert hold 2 balls on right flipper and then hit 5 loops in a row with upper right flipper?
Will ask around as I can't be the only one not able to do this!

even I can do this ! sounds like something is hosed on your machine?

#3961 5 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hi guys. Occasionally I seem to be starting battles without hitting the centre ramp target. Is there any other way of starting a battle or do I have a false activation. Perhaps a very tight switch gap on the target which is being triggered by vibration. Thanks. Gaz

No you have to hit the target, or lock the ball on the LE. Bang the game into switch test mode and just a few balls in and flip them around and watch for the bully activating.

1 week later
#4001 5 years ago

order in the uprated coil for when you need it.

#4010 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

2 rules questions:
1) to complete a POWER mode, you have to hit enough of the spinners, orbits, ramps, targets, and bumpers but then once you have hit the needed number (shown on the left side of display), do you just hit the orb to complete the yellow triangle insert for that POWER mode? Can you complete the needed hits for more than 1 (ie say you hit enough spinners, bumpers, and targets) and collect all at once with a single orb hit? Also, do you continue to collect the POWER hits during battle modes and in multiballs?
2) to complete mummy multiball mode, once it has started how many times do you need to hit switches for each letter to be lit up? From what I can figure out, it looks like 10 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 20 switches then hit captive ball>letter U, 30 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 40 switches then hit captive ball>letter M, 50 switches then hit captive ball>letter Y, hit bullseye center target and you get the Mummy Eddie card?

1: yes and combining it drives big points but if you lose the ball you lose the points! yes you are always collecting etc for when in cyborg.

#4053 5 years ago

agree premium but put the effort in to dial it in.

1 week later
#4130 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

From the beginning, I've only dealt with Chas.
The first pics were "submitted to our quality guys" on Feb 5th and he said he would let me know when he heard back from them. Apparently that takes at least 44 days, because I still haven't heard back about that.
He then ignored me for almost a month until I had to re-initiate the conversation myself. Upon doing so, all that he did was ask for more pictures.
It really feels like I am getting the run around, which is why I came here to post about it. Seems like too often nothing happens until people post on pinside, sad but true.
People need to know about the risks when buying a Stern NIB. I knew the risks and like an idiot, I still made a terrible decision. Let this be a warning.

on my Ghostbusters I emailed Gary Stern and he put me onto Pat Power's who was super helpful...Patrick Powers <[email protected]>

#4131 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I've said it too much, but when I see an Iron Maiden with that stock all white mode light tree, especially, it just looks...wrong. All the color brackets I've done improve Iron Maiden in a factory-look way that doesn't jump out as a "mod", but the mode tree one is the one I would say is mandatory. Fireball bracket next, then mummy gradient and eddie cards brackets. If I were to rank them in order of importance.

seeing all the stock IMDN's at TPF I agree, without the lenses it just look crap.

#4181 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So does everyone's ball launch send the ball all the way around the loop?
Mine tends to hit the post below the mini flipper 85% of the time.

see the iron maiden issues thread...

#4198 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

LE speaker lights by Kimballspinballs.com sweet![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

got any install pics?

#4211 5 years ago

yeah saw them at TPF but I don't like the square I want the round lights.

1 week later
#4328 5 years ago

not pinstadium.

#4329 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Update on my warped playfield (sorry it's been a while but I don't read pinside anymore):
11 days ago, Chas told me that he would get me a price on an unpopulated playfield, since they were unwilling to offer me a solution to the warping. Haven't heard from him since, must be hard info to get!
My distro, Nitro pinball, is completely ignoring the issue and will not reply to my e-mails. Great support!
Haven't played a game of pinball in over a month because it makes me sick.
Sold Joker Poker and Twilight Zone, because if I'm not playing, what's the point in owning them?
Quitting my local leagues because pinball isn't fun anymore.
Wish I hadn't booked trips to NYCPC and Pinburgh, because now I don't even want to go but can't back out for fear of letting down my travel buddies.
Still thinking about selling my other 5 games.
The joys of buying NIB Stern! So much fun!

dood this is pinball. It's the cheapest ass hobby in the world. Unless you make yourself a royal pain in the arse nobody will do jack for you. You have to be relentless... on the phone, call you in an hour, call you soon, speak tomorrow, hey its me again...

#4338 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Not entirely true.
I was the second owner on a TWD - original owner only had it for a few months - and stern sent me a replacement part at no cost. They didn't have to do that.
His warped PF looks really bad, but we also don't know the full story as to why stern won't send him a free replacement PF. There's got to be more to it.

Yeah I've had mixed experience, partly because I'm in the UK I think but:

Stern replaced my GB playfield and shipped a populated playfield to the UK for me.
Stern sent me a new motor for TWD
Stern wouldn't send me a light board for a brand new Star Trek Premium and the board was dead on arrival, I eventually got it by being relentless.
Local Distributor through my dealer sent me a whole mech for the orb ball on IMDN.

With GB I spoke with Gary Stern at the factory during the 2016 expo visit about my concerns and he said order the game and any issues they would take care of it. When it happened I emailed him directly and he took care of it.

I'd be inclined to email Gary and Pat Powers about the warped playfield which clearly seems terrible. If you paid by c/c I'd be calling the credit card company and do a chargeback. Have to say though Tommy is a great guy so maybe worth calling him. Email is too easy to ignore.

Cheers,
Neil.

#4339 5 years ago

The aces high topper is awesome!

5 months later
#5528 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Looked at those posts first, didn't see any mention of coil change.[quoted image]

its in the iron maiden issues thread.

3 weeks later
#5605 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Not sure if it’s just me but left flipper seems a bit weak , anyone else have this
Is there a way to boost power ?

you can adjust the flipper power in the settings but worth getting the glass off and having a look, Stern have had coil stop problems and also I've found sleeves are what they once where.

3 months later
#6036 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Thinking of selling a couple of games and getting my first NIB game. Choice is betwixt Iron Maiden and Jurassic Park (both Pro). What are your thoughts guys ? Are you still loving Iron Maiden ?

Iron Maiden.

JP2 is is great but its quite a tough game and I find it challenging to make progress on it which then makes it repetitive, the music on JP2 sucks to the point where even though I hate Iron Maiden I actually appreciate the music; where as I think Iron Maiden its a little bit more forgiving but still has a huge amount to do on it. I like Iron Maiden so much I bought one to put in Flip Out!

Although I'd try and get a second hand one mate, there are a lot of Maiden's about.

#6057 4 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Used is always an option but newer Sterns aren’t too plentiful in the UK because of the huge cost of new games.

put a wanted on pinball windup^winfo

7 months later
#7305 3 years ago

pinmonk has an epic Anubis already...

https://pinmonk.com/collections/iron-maiden-stern/products/iron-maiden-3d-anubis-kit

Anubis_foam_packaging_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgAnubis_foam_packaging_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7346 3 years ago

IMG_0709 (resized).JPGIMG_0709 (resized).JPG

#7347 3 years ago

exploit in IMDN. start icarus, start mummy, cradle up, wait for ball save to expire, let a ball drain, you've now frozen all the timers. I simply hit left and right ramps a few times and was getting 1B and 2B a shot. double flip, anything that plays an animation will kill it. stern know...

1 week later
#7425 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well, according to the JJP fanboys GNR is now the best music pin ever and Maiden is basically a cheap home pin. That is a real bummer, as I really like Maiden--glad I now know better...

nobody has flipped GNR yet and POTC was't exactly the most exhilarating experience.

2 months later
#7958 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

I noticed they bumped the version number from 1.06 to 1.08. I wonder if there was an intermediate 1.07 that never got released? That could explain why this one is such a beefy update.

1.07 I believe was 1.06 plus support for coin door open detection.

2 years later
#12876 1 year ago

Latest code has been working fine on my LE at home and Premium at our club (with thousands of play on it). (PS. I like the changes Ray added).

Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.