(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,581 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by WizardsCastle
  • Topic is favorited by 235 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,363 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191009_201145 (resized).jpg
20191009_201200 (resized).jpg
0C3CE15C-ED3E-46B9-A602-8CD740C6DB27 (resized).jpeg
20190924_151606 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-09-24 150210 (resized).png
D0F10FEF-07BF-4124-AC02-DB3440115F5D (resized).jpeg
20190921_210458 (resized).jpg
20190921_223113 (resized).jpg
20190921_221126 (resized).jpg
20190921_221321 (resized).jpg
20190921_213614 (resized).jpg
20190921_224434 (resized).jpg
F335E893-C292-4991-A6E8-CD664CA63B02 (resized).jpeg
25A07106-3246-4E3D-8722-6F7C3A19AC88 (resized).jpeg
AD1385F2-F993-40D8-8FB9-D0996CFD5B51 (resized).jpeg
14AC3A57-27DC-4162-BBB1-749F88955B49 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (1 year ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (10 months ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 months ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (86 days ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (40 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#312 1 year ago

Considering picking up a pro model...
Weren't there issues with stern playfields recently?

#316 1 year ago

Thanks for the input guys! Who does anyone recommend to purchase one from ? I'm in buffalo ny .

1 week later
#509 1 year ago

Was able to get some games in today! I typically don't care for music pins but I've always liked Iron Maiden. Loved the 4 flippers and game flow.Would like to add this to my collection ! Even my wife agrees!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#588 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Going to PC my pro. Ordered a few swatches. I like either the red or orange. The pic doesn't show it well,.but it has a Metallica flake/sparkle in it. It's from the prismatic illusion family, illusion orange and illusion red. Leaning toward orange.
What do you think?

Orange

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Ordered heavy duty leg bolt plates from Marco and bought some #10 1/2” pan head screws and L bracket kits. Took about 15 minutes per side. I’ve only down the front on Maiden so far. You really need to remove the playfield, IMO, to do the rear properly.
Now that I’m done with IM I’m going to do the others.

Where did you get the top brackets from?

#807 1 year ago

do these come with cabinet protectors or do I need to purchase a set?

1 week later
#1012 1 year ago

The charge begins!!!

image (resized).jpeg

#1025 1 year ago

Impressions after a weekend of playing ...
Game play, modes,being able to pick your songs after each ball and call outs are amazing!!! LOVE the British babes accent. I played this on location a few times and it feels even better once it's in your collection!

This is my first stern and on a down note, I noticed that the cabniet feels whimpy
compared to my 90s Williams games. I did however like that the decals are cut away form the mounting point for the legs
Also I was slightly disappointed with the sound quality of the speakers. I thought for sure this would stand toe to toe with my DP BOP 2.0. Not the case.

Lastly If anyone is on the fence about this game, don't be! Order one now!

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from grh450:

My Iron Maiden PRO
» YouTube video

How did you mount the plane?

3 weeks later
#1395 1 year ago

Egyptian art blades...couldn't agree more!

#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just a heads up for those considering side blades, ZY mentioned on a recent podcast he is making them, just not released yet.
May be worth holding off a bit to see them.

Who is ZY ? Who ever he is I hope he comes up with something good. I've been hoping for something that blends in with the backboard. Don't care for anything that's out there now.

1 week later
#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

So I got my game finally. I love it. However, what is the deal the ramps? I can't hit them to save my life. They may as well be jackpot shots, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else struggling with them or is it just me?

It's not just you man. I felt the same way when I first got my game. I'm better at the left ramp now than the right for some reason.

1 week later
#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

The pro is a bit faster, more brutal and tougher to play. Depends what gets your juices flowing...for me that's the pro. Play both and decide.
Real playas, play pro's (TM)

How so???

#1795 1 year ago

Going to install a cliffy for the shooter lane but, how should I remove this post? Nothing on the underside. I'm afraid of damaging the clear.

image (resized).jpeg
#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Not sure which Cliffy you purchased? I worked with Cliff at the Golden State Pinball Festival and purchased the one that fits Aerosmith. When I got home I had to alter it because of the post under the metal side round screws. I didn't need to remove the post because the Cliffy fit around it. I plan to buy the REAL IM Cliffy for the shooter lane when he starts making it.
But to remove the post is no bid deal. It takes a LONG time using an combo wrench. The best way is with a nutdriver but typically the head of the post wont fit down the open shaft of the nut driver. Take your time and unscrew is with the hex at the bottom. It's a screw in post.

Ummm dude... I did get the REAL IM cliffy. It's on his site now!

#1851 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Question for everyone. If I buy a NIB pro what should I expect as far as the auto eject hitting the loop and is there a way to adjust the game if it is not making it consistently. To me a 90% success rate seems pretty bad but maybe that's what everyone is experiencing. This may be the deciding factor between me buying NIB or looking for a HUO one with a perfect auto eject. That just seems like a pretty essential gameplay feature especially on the pro (where it shoots the balls up there for start of trooper multiball)

Guess I'm pretty luck...my pro hits it everytime .

#1884 1 year ago

Anyone install a shaker in their pro? At what stages of the game does it active?
Just ordered one from stern and would like to hear what everyone thinks!

1 week later
#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh yeah one more interesting thing. My game came with the bally/Williams type corner brackets. Another friend of mine has a pro and his doesn’t have them, how about you guys, does your game have them?[quoted image]

My pro doesn't have them either

1 week later
#2123 1 year ago

Some subtle mods to my pro

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Code updated. The speakers and sound is 10x better! Thanks Stern!

With the stock speakers?

#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Indeed. The sound with the stock speakers is more clean and less distorted.

#2216 1 year ago

On 1.4 it states there are bass and treble adjustments. I don't see these in the menu.

1 week later
#2278 1 year ago

Does anyone sell regular clear plastic protectors?

1 week later
#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just order them through your distributor. The part number is 550-7422-00.
These figures aren’t rare or limited. If you like them vs. the MacFarlane toys, get them from Stern.

How about cyborg Eddie ? This can be obtained from stern as well?

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Part 550-7421-00. Available from Stern.

Can anyone post a pic of how this would mount ?

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It uses preexisting mounts on the right ramp. You’ll need a bracket. The part number is in the Premium manual (available online).

What bracket will I need ?

image (resized).png
#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Stern stuff showed up today [quoted image]

How much did they charge?

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here’s what you need if you want both Eddies:
Cyborg Eddie, part #550-7421-00
Piece of Mind Eddie, part #550-7422-00
Bracket for sculpt mount, part #535-1854-00
Screw 6x1/2 PTH A, part# 237-5809-00 (x2)
Screw 6-32x3/8 PPH MS SEMS (x2)[quoted image]

Do you know what the part number is for the black mount on the back of Eddie for the screw?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hmmm. I dont have that on mine. I assume that’s for airballs...[quoted image]

That's what I thought it may be for. The pic was taken on location from a premium edition.

#2463 1 year ago

Cyborg Eddie on my pro.

image (resized).jpeg
#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is a shaker a must for this pin? Is it integrated well? For those that have it, what setting do you use?

Yes! Got it right from stern. Easy to install. I have mine set on minimal use.

1 week later
#2558 1 year ago

image (resized).png
#2584 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Just the auto and manual ball launch issues some people have been plagued with. Fixable, but annoying.
Also, if it's an early one, there may not be a plastic near the upper left pop bumper that prevents a ball trap. You can request it from Stern. The first run didn't have it.

Here are the part numbers for the pop bumper plastic for early run pros if anyone needs one.

image (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2849 11 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pinballlife.com has the art blades and much cheaper shipping ($5.45 USPS):
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html

Aren't these different than what's on the actual game?

1 week later
#2885 11 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

THEY'RRRRE BACKKKK!!!
Aug 24th in Indy, prob hit Cincy show too.
UP THE FCKN IRONS!!!
[quoted image]

Buffalo ny August 13th

#2997 11 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

How are you finding the post sleeves? Did you order stern slim? I'm apprehensive swapping the post sleeves as I've heard the tapered factory sleeve help minimize airballs. Have you noticed an increase in airballs? So far I've just picked flippers and slings. I may opt to leave much of it stock if it is affecting gameplay.
Did you do red sleeves at the right ramp or is it my eyes?

I've swapped mine out and the only ones that caused a concern (air balls) are the ones on the right ramp. Went back to the factory versions.

1 week later
#3017 10 months ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I own a pro and love it. All of a sudden I am thinking of upgrading to prem.
Is it worth it? Better or not?

I own a pro as well and played a premium on location. NOT worth it

2 weeks later
#3166 10 months ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

You got 2 sided tape?? Not fair!
Have to agree with you there.
There is also a link for instructions that don't exist. Not that you need it but they don't say which order to place them in and they don't include a blue one for Aces High.... But they included a second red gel....
I've also had to repair 2 of their other mods to get them to work before installing... different game though...

Thanks for posting this. I've been considering getting this and almost put it on my Christmas list!

#3168 10 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Just a heads up to anyone looking to get mezel mods mummy plastic.....
It's cheap as hell. For the price I expected a proper gauge plastic similar to the Eddies. Its a razor thin piece of crap. You could print a photo card stock on a home printer of similar quality.
Oh, and the "insert gels"? Some squares of film and double sided tape? Going straight in the garbage. I ordered virelands light tree instead. Beautiful.
Mezel quality is lacking on this game. Overpriced trash.
Dont waste you money.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Referring to this post

1 week later
#3357 9 months ago

I got mine right from Stern. Nice upgrade!

1 week later
#3456 9 months ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The game was designed to be played at 6.5 degrees. I had a right ramp where the ball was flying off maybe 4 times out of ten, Stern sent me a new one and has been fine ever since.

If you need to raise the pitch of the game to have it play correctly, you aren't fixing the issue. My game is at 6.5 and everything works as it should. If you've dialed the game in while it was pitched higher, you will probably have to dial most things in again.

It's funny, people think raising the pitch makes the game harder because it feels faster. Usually, not every game, but usually raising the pitch of the game makes it easier. Raising the back decreases the amount of side to side action so the game usually won't side drain as often.

Do you mean the ball was flying off the wireform and not the ramp? My left wireform will do this from time to time.
Were you in warranty when they sent you a new one?

#3537 9 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Spoke to Elwin tonight. It’s definitely coming.

Any insight on the changes?

1 week later
#3707 8 months ago

Does the new code have ball lock issues?

#3717 8 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I have not noticed any.. Have you, in any specific circumstance ?

I've just reading in some posting with the start of trooper multi ball where the balls won't lock even with the correct settings in 1.6. I own a pro

#3722 8 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No. And I’m a little confused as to what the issues others are having. New code does cause ball locks to act differently for Aces High and ROTAM modes.
As for trooper multiball, it should work like this: ball locks are virtual, nothing physically locks the ball and keeps it captive until multiball start. So it should act like this, light locks > shoot lock, ball temporarily locks and you get a call out and animation “Ball 1 Locked”, then it releases the same ball into play > hit lock shot again, “Ball 2 locked”, then releases ball back into play. Once you hit the 3rd lock, the game should hold the ball and spit out 2 balls and autoplunge load them one after the other around the loop til all 3 are captive. IF at anytime during the loading sequence, any switch registers the locks will release and just start multiball. If your autoplunge works 100% you’ll get a full effect trooper multiball lock and release sequence.
So to those having lock issues; is it trooper lock issues on a pro or prem? Or is it that the lock posts no longer hold for aces high and ROTAM? Or something else?

So how does the aces high and rotam behave now with the new code?

#3724 8 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Much better! The flow is so nice now.

Can you elaborate?

3 weeks later
#3831 8 months ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Got my B/W brackets installed! Fairly straightforward install...took maybe 1.5 hours for all 4 corners plus setup/cleanup.
[quoted image]

What kind/ size screws did you use ? ummm... There's one missing.

#3842 8 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Question for you on the right outlane rubber. Did you install it? Stern has been shipping all games now without the rubbers installed.

Am I reading this correctly ? A NIB comes without the rubbers installed?

1 week later
#3919 7 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

For those of you that haven’t seen it yet, Robert Gagno live-streamed his gameplay on IMDN and he got to Run to the Hills and a score of over 3 billion. Enjoy.

Impressive ! I wonder what the pitch is set at. Game play seems a bit slower than mine. He does a good job of slowing down the game and great use of control.

#3943 7 months ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i will just put it here.... hahaha
COMING SOON TO MEZEL MODS!
here is a sketch only without paint of my patent pending apron covers. this one i made for this great game iron maiden and im working on 100 designs for other machines i also made one for indiana jones. and working on munsters, bsd, potc (jjp) and more machines (i also got license for few top games).
this is only a prototype. The middle line in the steps is for perspective only and i need to make few changes like to finish the plunger area to make something very cool there and to add more texture to the stairs bricks and to make them look like broken in few areas but its will be awesome! and after paint its will be just perfect
this item is mezel mods exclusive item!!!! check them out for more info soon!
[quoted image]
btw this will be a 3d art. for more info you can check my other mods and threads

Finally ! I've been saying this for a while now for Iron Maiden and BSD!!!

2 weeks later
#4012 7 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey guys, wanting to upgrade the piece of mind eddy on my pro to the premium version.... anyone make the clear plastic that he stands on for the premium/le’s? My early run pro has no clear plastic there...

Just contact Stern..I'm pretty sure I have the part numbers. Pm if needed.

#4013 7 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Hey guys, wanting to upgrade the piece of mind eddy on my pro to the premium version.... anyone make the clear plastic that he stands on for the premium/le’s? My early run pro has no clear plastic there...

Check out posting #2584

#4034 7 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What pin blades is everyone using on the pro?
Pics would help decide.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).png
1 week later
#4141 6 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Any custom rules cards for Maiden?
I checked all the usual haunts and nothing.

Check out Mikonos here on Pinside

#4143 6 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Will do.
Thanks

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
1 week later
#4237 6 months ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

My Stern blades just showed up today. Hope to install them this weekend. Do they need to be almost completely flat, or can they be installed a bit wavy? I've only done mirror blades, so this is new to me.
[quoted image]

If it were me , I'd like them flat before install. Less chance of air bubbles and easier install. Wet method is much more forgiving as well.

#4290 6 months ago
Quoted from jardine:

Had a play with some custom cards...happy to share but somone needs to help me find a printing program so I can customise the printing size!! Can't find anything that does 7.5" x 13.5"!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

You should remove the free play.

1 week later
#4377 5 months ago
Quoted from billrz:

Joined the club yesterday! Bought the pro. What a great game ! I received one of these with my game, it’s the only one my distributor (tommy at nitro!) has ever seen.. anybody else get one. Any idea if it’s value??
[quoted image]

It's not worth anything! Let me take it off your hands for you .

1 week later
#4454 5 months ago
Quoted from Bundy:

For some reason Iron Maiden is louder than many other games from Stern.

Any way to quite this down?

#4468 5 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Plastics Protectors?
Please recommend a source for a set of plastics protectors. My last set - for another title - came from Pinbits and they were fine/complete, but they don't seem to make a set for IMDN. I found just one set - an abbreviated one from Pinball Life. Is this all owners have found? I would rather have a more complete set. Does one exist?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I think little shop of games has a set.

3 weeks later
#4655 4 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Decided to play around with my upper flipper alignment to see if I could find a solution that didn't involve having to leave the flipper rubber off completely which could leave that flipper vulnerable to cracking. My flipper was previously centered on the alignment hole but I moved it forward about a cm. The results aren't as dramatic as with the rubber removed but it is much easier to hit the super jackpot shot now. Loops are slightly easier to hit than before and the lower loops shot is more open now. Overall it's a nice improvement from before. Not as dramatic of an improvement as with the rubber removed but a nice compromise.[quoted image]

So speaking of flipper alignment...does anyone think the lower flippers are too low? I'm sure thats what they had in mind when designing this game but, if you compare where they sit with other games, they sit lower. Would it be considered cheating if they were raised a tad?

3 weeks later
#4824 3 months ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

My ball launch has been pretty much 100%. Lately it hits the post sleeve about 5-10% of the time. Looked and noticed that the end of the guide was dinged a little, so figured this was the problem and went to take it off to file it smooth again. Low and behold when I took it off, I noticed the anchor stud that is riveted on to it was broken. That might cause an issue. Emailed Stern and waiting to hear back. Here are a couple picks of it. One with the rough edge and one with the broken piece. Kinda weird.[quoted image][quoted image]

Does your game have a lot of plays? That's a serious ball trail you got there.
Either way...hope Stern comes through !

#4830 3 months ago

Has anyone installed Mezel Mods clear shooter lane protector ? Seems like a good idea.

#4864 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks again. Just updated. I love the look. Just need my Crystal ball mod and I'm good
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where's cyborg and piece of mind Eddie?

1 week later
#4908 3 months ago

Installing the premium and le version of piece of mind Eddie on my pro. Can someone post pics of how the plastic underneath him mounts and how does Eddie attach to the plastic ?

#4910 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Zip tie on the back foot is the factory way. But you need the ball trap clear plastic fix installed first. Some pros did not have it installed and you need to request it if you didn't get one.
[quoted image]

I got the plastic from stern as mine didn't have it. Mine doesn't have a hole for a zip tie. Also the only place it actually mounts is to the pop bumper. The ends are just floating spacers. Is this correct ?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5000 87 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That topper needs to go and fast.

It all needs to go ! Looks like a 5 year old just set them there with no reason.

1 month later
#5216 56 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Updated cards a bit. You’ll have to scroll down because I linked all of the original resolution so they’ll need to be resized when you print. A few new ones too and updated the font.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5153032

Here's what I'm using

image (resized).jpeg
#5243 53 days ago

Can someone post a pic of the metal protector ?

#5262 53 days ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for the help. It looks like the ball will ride on the metal piece and not the playfield. Im going to have to call Stern and have them send me that piece.

Spoke with Chaz . One protector on the way!

#5271 52 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They asked me to send pics of the area. I assumed they would say it was fine.

Courious who you talked to.

#5344 46 days ago

Got my protector today

image (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5434 31 days ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Thanks for the heads up @vireland!
BTW, I highly recommend to fellow Pinsiders the Pin Monk gel inserts, got them on my IMDN, DP and MET.
If anyone has any interest to purchase these blades, PM me with a offer.

Pm sent

#5459 28 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I got these same art blades from pinball life yesterday. Order now while supplies last!

Just checked their site. Don't see anything for Iron Maiden.

#5470 23 days ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I removed the mylar on mine. It's pretty easy to do and there was no damage at all to the pf. Give it a good cleaning though, it left a lot of residue and the protector is more narrow than the mylar strip.

Can you elaborate on this ? Did it just peel off or did you use freeze spray?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside