(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,911 posts
  • 552 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 minutes ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,452 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

41C8CEAE-DDF3-487C-BBEC-D97177AB7442 (resized).jpeg
20200118_002307 (resized).jpg
5DCF1580-2DF3-4DD0-AF7F-11478C41198D.jpeg
IMG_6063 (resized).jpg
IMG_6062 (resized).jpg
20200108_220157 (resized).jpg
60013717168__CD22B853-FD28-40F1-8E34-94373A62C2A5 (resized).JPG
885F84ED-FC58-46FC-B7A3-16CA075105E0 (resized).jpeg
Anubis_Columns_with_Torches.gif
IMG_20191228_200616.jpg
Screenshot_20191224-140039 (resized).png
CD634BE5-33A4-4758-94DB-459125B728B4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191218_173453 (resized).jpg
E40626BA-08DB-41ED-BC9F-293DE1292F55 (resized).jpeg
Posts.pdf (PDF preview)
D06DFAF9-C9FA-4AE6-B41D-ECF13BAEAC89 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (1 year ago)

Post #1039 Link to Iron Maiden Rules provides by Stern Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #2584 Part numbers for the components of the free ball trap kit from Stern. Posted by mollyspub (1 year ago)

Post #3081 Setting to change so Keith shows up in Iron Maiden more Posted by Who-Dey (1 year ago)

Post #4413 Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (9 months ago)

Post #5013 Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (6 months ago)

Post #5363 Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 months ago)

Post #5829 Sarcophagus dumps ball instead of locking problem area to check Posted by metallik (19 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjruser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4887 6 months ago

Hey All,

Playing around with PBBrowser with IM. I noticed that the songs are duplicated in many cases. When importing do I need to import over both of them or will one do it? Wanted to add a bit of AC/DC, Aerosmith and Metallica perhaps to shake things up for my wonderful wife. Who's not a metal head

Thanks!

Mike

songs (resized).png
#4889 6 months ago

Thanks for the reply. They are the same length so I'm guessing updating one will do the other, but I was hoping to get a confirmation.

Cheers!
Mike

#4891 6 months ago

Thanks again. I'm in a holding pattern waiting for a new SD card to arrive. Thought it would work with the usb, but after a lot more reading. Seems backing up the SD and starting with that is better than going with the 1.06 download.

Cheers!
Mike

P.S.Just got IM Prem 2 days ago and the whole family is loving it. Sure glad the dude I was going to get MMr from was unresponsive!!

#4905 6 months ago

ratshack Thanks for the reply!

#4919 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

its one of the best shooters and call outs of any game. enjoy it.

Fun game and as a side benefit of it's fast and open playfield it's a hell of a lot easier to wax than our Twilight Zone!

The calls out are the best I've heard in any game!

Cheers All
Mike

#4980 6 months ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Does anyone have a link to alternative Iron Maiden song roms for the game? I’m looking to change up the soundtrack a little.

Buy a couple of class 10 SD's, I got mine a Walmart for 9 bucks each.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SanDisk-32-GB-Ultra-PLUS-Class-10-UHS-1-SDHC-Memory-Card/52198325

The using pinballbrowser you can change out the songs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/64

Install https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

This will let you copy the original stern SD card into an uncompressed format that pinballbrowser can edit. Do NOT overwrite your original..keep that for backup.

Then source your music (legit??)

https://freelistenonline.com/artist/Metallica

Import the songs using pinballbrowser and then write the updated .img file to a new sd using HDD Raw Copy Tool.

During import I needed to adjust the volume to 140% on the songs downloaded from freelistenonline to get them to match the volume of the rest of the songs.

For the longer songs, it might take piecing together two or three other songs to fill the space. I used audacity for this. Open the first song, then import the 2nd. Mouse over the second song to highlight it, copy and paste it at the end of the first song. Delete 2nd song from the list of tracks.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

Have fun!
Mike

P.S. Doubt you can buy sd cards with songs due to copyright issues.

#4983 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

You'd be surprised what can be done with Maiden ...
Mark
Pinball MIX

I'd like to be able to add more songs to the list, but it doesn't seem possible. Know any secrets on that Mark?

Thanks!
Mike

#4986 6 months ago

Howdy Mark,

"You can, however, easily go back and forth between your custom mix and stock. So, it is like having twice as much music to play in your machine."

Is there a way to do it without swapping out the SD-Cards?

I was hoping to write multiple images to a 32gb SD card, but never could figure it out. Would be cool if, during boot you could select Mix 1,2,3 or 4.

Cheers!
Mike

#4988 6 months ago

Thanks Mark! Pinsound going into TZ soon, I'm leaving IM alone it sounds great with our external subwoofer!

#4991 6 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Are all the songs used in modes?

I believe the songs listed twice in pinballbrowser are used in modes. But so long as you enjoy what you've picked nothing else matters We have Aerosmith Walk this way on during flight of icarus mode. They both were 3m:39s, so it was an easy replacement. In a few weeks it will be something else. Iron Maiden has long songs so it took 3 Metalica songs to replace Rime of The Ancient Mariner. If we hear the final song shout at the devil, we know it was a good game. Maybe it will be the Who's pinball wizard in the future perhaps. But we stuck with metal/hard rock for now to keep it in theme.

It's easy enough to change things back if you ever feel different, we have two sim cards that we keep shuffling the music around on a bit and kept the original untouched.

Cheers!
Mike

#4996 6 months ago

I only had to change the auto plunge so it would make the loop, too strong and it hits the lower post on our machine.

Feature #78 set to 220 now.

#4999 6 months ago

I think the Neca toys are really nice, I removed all the stock one's and replaced them. Have trooper on the other side, like everyone else

eddie (resized).jpg
#5005 6 months ago

Hi All,

Noob alert! We’ve had IM for a few weeks now and occasionally we get an Eddie or two lit up, but we're not quite sure what it is that we are doing that causes it. How specifically are Eddies ‘collected’?

Thanks!
Mike

#5008 6 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

There are 4 Eddie Card inserts to collect, which are required to qualify Number of the Beast (NOTB) wizard mode.
The four Level 1 Eddie Cards (lit solid) require:

Super Jackpot on Trooper Multi-Ball
Super Jackpot on Mummy Multi-Ball
Reaching Cyborg Multi-ball (Completing the Power Pyramid)
Reaching 2 Minutes to Midnight

If you perform even better during those four tasks for Eddie Cards, you can collect a Level 2 Eddie Card. Once you’ve collected a Level 2 card, its insert will be pulsing instead of lit solidly. Level 2 Eddie Cards remain lit even after a failed NOTB wizard mode, and are required to reach the Run to the Hills super-wizard mode. Level 2 Eddie Card requirements are:

Advance all Trooper MB JP shots to 3x value (yellow) or collect one 5x Trooper JP (red).
A second SJP on Mummy MB.
Collect a 5x Cyborg MB SJP.
Collect a 2MTM double SJP.

Thank you!!
Mike

#5025 6 months ago

Hi All,

Was noticing just a bit of wear from the trough eject. By default, this is set to the maximum of 255 which really slams the ball into the shooter lane. I lowered feature #77 to the minimum value accepted 176 and it still loads great without the excessive slamming into the channel.

I can't think of any reason to keep it at 255, so save some wear and reduce this number if you haven't already.

Cheers!
Mike

#5027 6 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I have had the opposite experience. The ball occasionally gets stuck right at the eject lip to the shooter lane. I lowered the power at first, noticed the ball getting stuck and have raised it up more but still seems to get stuck every once in a while. Does anybody know if there is an adjustment there? I’ll probably increase the power to max but I’ll have to see if I can adjust something there so I don’t have to use full power.

There usually is some play in the assembly. Check that the plunger assembly is lined up nicely so that it hits the ball dead center.

Hope that helps,
Mike

#5032 5 months ago

jfink8222 Grats on the new machine, we love it and still are learning how to get points on the board in a regular manner.

My question of the day is specifically what modes can be stacked. I think it was fear of the dark I just stacked with trooper multi-ball that got me the fear of the dark champion.

Does anyone have a list of recommended stacks on IM?

Thanks!
Mike

#5034 5 months ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Flight of Icarus, Hallowed Be Thy Name and Fear of the Dark can be stacked with Trooper and Mummy.

tktlwyr Thank you!

#5039 5 months ago

Hi All,

I was looking for score cards and didn't find quite what I was looking for. So opened photoshop and downloaded the Metal Lord font, messed around with effects for longer than I care to admit. Have photoshop...not an expert. Long story short here's the first batch of beta 1 cards. Still working on making them easier to read. I need to do a lot of clean up on the PSD but once I'm done I'll upload that as well so maybe you don't have to start from scratch.

I'm pretty good at introducing typos, so let me know if you see any mistakes. Print @140mm width.

Cheers!
Mike
fp1.pngfp2.pngfp3.pngfp4.pngsc1.pngsc2.pngsc3.pngsc4.pngsc5.png

sc5 (resized).pngsc4 (resized).png
#5044 5 months ago

Hi All,

After doing some sample prints I found that my old eyes had a hard time reading the rules, so I removed the IM logo and enlarged the font to make it easier to read. Maybe I should just drop the red Iron Maiden font out of the rules?

edit: after more print tests I found that a light outline of the maiden font seemed to make it easier to read.

Cheers!
Mike
sc3.pngscv2.png

scv2_white_outline.png
#5054 5 months ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

These are awesome. The only thing wrong with them is now I have to decide which ones to use Well done sir

Thank you!

Did you like the 2nd edition rule cards with larger font and no Iron Maiden Logo or the original? I can post more versions of the 2nd edition if anyone likes that better.

#5056 5 months ago

Here's more of the 2nd edition. Still working on rev2 of the free play card.

Have fun!
Mike

P.S. print @ 140mm width.

Score_Card_beta4_red.pngScore_Card_beta4_white_maiden_gun.pngScore_Card_beta4_white_maiden_heart.pngscv2_white_outline_cell.pngscv2_white_outline_horse.pngscv2_white_outline_trooper2.pngtrooper4.pngdemon2.pngblue.png
#5062 5 months ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm wondering that with all the excitement of the new JP if the IMDN update won't get pushed to the back burner.

Are there some issues? The code seems pretty solid, though we've only had it for 6 weeks now. Only have gotten 3 eddies lit up once on three balls, all factory settings. So we've not seen the end game modes or the scoring.

#5064 5 months ago

vireland Thanks for the info.

#5072 5 months ago

Search google for Resin coatings, there are all kinds of how-to articles on coating artwork, jewelry, etc. Practice on something throw away first of course.

#5084 5 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What adjustments did you do to your opto? I’m starting to think I’m getting cheated on my loop count.

Ditto

#5089 5 months ago

wildbill327

Thank you for the instructions.

#5101 5 months ago

Damn, I was happy to get 300 million. You still on 3 balls with all factory settings and open left/right outlanes? That's just insane. The world champion got like 800 million on IM.

#5104 5 months ago

insane!

#5135 5 months ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Hey guys what was the final verdict on the auto launch issue mine finally started doing it

Are you talking about the auto-launch hitting the post instead of going through the loop?

#5139 5 months ago

Our auto-launch was working perfect @ 6 degrees with 220 power. We changed to 6.5 degrees and no power setting would work. We took off the right return wire and a couple of pieces of plastic to expose the screw behind the upper bend. Then loosened the screw and had my son push on the ball guide so the radius was increased allowing the ball to take a higher path. Then tightened the screw. There was just enough play in the mounting tab for this to work.

#5144 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The opto kit works great. My loop shots register every single time now. Well worth the money, which isnt much, like 12 bucks if i remember correctly?

Did you just install the Opto part or the ball diverter as well?

#5146 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I didnt install the ball diverter because my game had that fix installed from the factory.

Mine didn't, guess I'll install that too. Thanks who-dey

#5177 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Add me to the club! I've wanted one, but I honestly didn't see this one coming. I couldn't pass up an awesome deal 10 minutes from my house on this fantastic game though. World Cup Soccer out, and Iron Maiden in.

Grats on your new toy, it's a good one!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjruser.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside