(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,842 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by woodmedic
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3370 5 years ago

Santa hooked up my IMDN Premium today! Stern "Egypt"-themed armor kit, mummy shooter rod, TrueColor plastic protectors, Pinball Life knocker kit, and a PinSkin cover. Also I finally got around to installing the quiet fan mod so we didn't hear the game running during Christmas dinner. Nice!

0DAD0EA9-D673-487E-A652-1EB2D5A95944 (resized).jpeg0DAD0EA9-D673-487E-A652-1EB2D5A95944 (resized).jpeg
#3371 5 years ago

Realized the shooter rod was cut off in the last photo. It's the official Stern one. A little smaller than I expected but really comfortable to use. And it fits the theme perfectly.

6114DC89-6522-4CAD-828C-B63BEF61FF1E (resized).jpeg6114DC89-6522-4CAD-828C-B63BEF61FF1E (resized).jpeg
#3373 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Looks great. I was considering the mummy fist armor. Could you maybe take a pic of the side of the cabinet? Thanks!

Sure! See attached.

I didn't want to put holes in the cabinet for the extra screws so I just used some black electrical tape on the backside to fill in the empty holes. I was a little worried it might flap around without the screws but so far it feels pretty solid.

DAE75A31-E5EF-475D-9C8A-27387B751488 (resized).jpegDAE75A31-E5EF-475D-9C8A-27387B751488 (resized).jpeg
#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks great, but I'd definitely change out that T-moulding to the light (or dark, your choice) blue that looks soooo much better. That yellow is just completely wrong for the color package of the cabinet and backglass.

Funny you mention that... I actually have both the dark and light blue t-moulding that I ordered a while back. I haven't gotten around to installing them yet, partially because I was considering powder coating and hadn't decided on a color yet. I like the "fist" armor so I'm probably going to abandon the powder coat plan so maybe I'll get around to swapping out that t-moulding now. Now just need to decide on dark vs. light.

2 weeks later
#3559 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Backbox – 8ohm

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Cabinet speaker type – 8ohm

Aren't the FF speakers 4 ohm?

#3591 5 years ago

Trying out bigdaddy07 's audio settings. As soon as I adjust the balance to negative (anything below 0) the backbox speakers completely shut off and all I hear is the cabinet speaker. Is this a bug with the new 1.06 code? I don't recall it doing this before.

#3595 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's strange. What do you have for speakers? Are they upgraded or stock?

It's the FF 10 inch kit.
Are you upgraded to 1.06?

#3596 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My thought is what works with FF speakers might not work with the stock speakers--as FF's have a different crossover (I'm pretty sure).

Yeah the FF kit I have has a built-in low pass crossover in the cabinet speaker (it's treated as a sub).

#3599 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes. Are you using my new settings? Post 3585? I can check those again on my side. My game was killing it with those settings.

Yes, post 3585. I think it's just a glitch in the menu. After I exit out of the menu with those settings and start a game it works fine.

Thanks for sharing!

#3630 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Finally got the yellow acrylic back in stock, sorry for all the delays on the latest round of orders!

Do you have any plans to do pop bumper protectors as well? I ordered the ones from Mezel mods but the color doesn't match yours (and I like yours better).

2 months later
#4289 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Had a play with some custom cards...happy to share but somone needs to help me find a printing program so I can customise the printing size!! Can't find anything that does 7.5" x 13.5"!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey these look great, thanks for sharing! Just one thing: You have a typo on the last line: "Ligt" => "Light."

I'm confused why you need that printing size. The cards aren't that big. Are you trying to fit them on one sheet?

3 weeks later
#4478 4 years ago

Truecolor sells a set of matching pop bumper protectors on the site as well. Good stuff!

3 weeks later
#4602 4 years ago

Question about the Egypt topper: Does it flash or give feedback based on gameplay or just cycle through patterns? It says "fully interactive" in the description but it isn't really clear what that means.

I think I'm just trying to justify to myself dropping 400 bucks on it.

#4614 4 years ago

Do toppers significantly factor into plays/revenue when used on location? I wonder if Stern considers that in their pricing moreso than just "looks cool" value for home users? It might be easier to justify if you could count on getting another 400 plays at $1 each (or whatever).

1 week later
#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What two Maiden songs would you ask for?

So many to choose from but for pinball I'd probably go with something like Iron Maiden and The Clairvoyant.

Revelations and Stranger in a Strange Land also great songs but don't seem as suited to pinball IMHO.

Honorable mention to Doctor Doctor although it's technically not a Maiden song it's such a part of their live shows it would be perfect for an attract mode.

It would be fun to start a poll for this.

3 weeks later
#4843 4 years ago

Two more: Above the shooter lane (behind the UR flipper), and behind the drop targets (the upper bulb not the one right behind the drops).
944CB015-B484-4E26-9A25-81252F78025E (resized).jpeg944CB015-B484-4E26-9A25-81252F78025E (resized).jpeg8BFD77B9-D7AF-4148-B8FE-2C6E3548D3EE (resized).jpeg8BFD77B9-D7AF-4148-B8FE-2C6E3548D3EE (resized).jpeg

edit: One of these might what you referred to as "mid-right."

#4844 4 years ago

In this diagram, it's the bulbs marked 151 and 154. Stern PN 112-5034-02.

719E8A58-15CE-4D73-A1C7-C09BFF23BA96 (resized).jpeg719E8A58-15CE-4D73-A1C7-C09BFF23BA96 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#5518 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having an issue with my auto-launch not making the full loop.
Half the time, the ball goes off the post, or hits the little upper left flipper.
Any suggestions on how to get it making the full loop consistently?

For me it took three things to get it working reliably:
1. The coil upgrade (see earlier post).
2. Added a flat washer and lock washer to the adjustment screw at the end of the ball guide. I haven't seen much discussion of this on here but before I did this it would work for a few days then loosen up and stop working again.
3. Adjust the angle at end of the launcher ball guide and/or mess with the launcher coil strength in settings until it is working well (both manual and auto plunge). Tighten the screw.

3 weeks later
#5586 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I made one more adjustment to my shooting guide today that made a big difference, so I thought I'd pass it along. I have made all the normal adjustments and installed the more powerful coil, which has helped. After time my percentage of accurate auto launches was decreasing so I thought I'd take another look at it. Stern had sent me the new and "improved" metal shooting lane guide. I tried to install it and found the adjustment mounting tab was in the wrong place--and I didn't want to drill another hole in the playfield. Both guides are very similar, except the new one does not have the threaded rod riveted onto the guide near the adjustment screw tab. So, I cut the one off of my original guide, filed down a small burr that was right at the end of the guide, polished the guide and put it back on. Oh, ho--a little more adjustment is available with that rod gone! I had to lower the tip of the upper right flipper to make use of that adjustment, but now auto launch is at 100%--and it has never been that good. The only neg to dropping the flipper a smidge is that the ball will not loop all the way around to the lower right flipper, but I can live with that. Another plus is the loop shot is way easier to hit with this new alignment--so I like that a lot.

Are you using a washer and/or lock washer on the adjustment screw? Every time I adjusted mine it would work perfectly for a day or two then work itself loose again. Super frustrating. Finally added a flat washer and lock washer to that screw and haven't had a problem since.

Sounds like you have it dialed in but if it stops working again I'd recommend trying the washers.

7 months later
#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Hey Quarter! Lighting Revive and other basic rules I just compiled in this under 5 minutes video. Hope it could help you. And UP THE IRONS!

Really enjoyed your rules video PStudart! Also, sneaking The Evil That Men Do in there made me long for some new music to be added to the game.

7 months later
#7904 3 years ago

I noticed they bumped the version number from 1.06 to 1.08. I wonder if there was an intermediate 1.07 that never got released? That could explain why this one is such a beefy update.

#7913 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

For those of you who already updated, did you go into your settings and make some mental notes of some of your current settings before you updated? I like how mine is set up other than the update I'll be doing tomorrow. Just like to know how I had a majority of it set before it all changes.

Before I do an update, I always go through the settings and take photos with my phone of every setting that isn’t listed as “factory default” (and also my high scores).

One thing to be careful of using this method is that because on IMDN the setting names flash on the screen, make sure the text is visible when you take the photo. Especially since the setting numbers generally change between updates as they add new settings.

#7926 3 years ago

Anyone else notice that if you disable song selection between balls, it goes into a musical loop (sounds like the “bass breakdown” section of RotAM) until you shoot the ball? I wish it would just keep the current song playing. It’s kind of distracting the way it is, messes up the groove.

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

This new code has started a fire under me. Tomorrow morning I'm going full on, cleaning, fixing loose bulb sockets and replacing rubbers as needed.
Stern crew really delivered on this code, I couldn't be happier.

It motivated me to fiddle around and get my ball launch adjusted again. Seems like that thing needs re-adjustment every few months.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=mikeking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.