(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,641 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Sorokyl
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240325_110734_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_110223_Gmail (resized).jpg
20240322_134838 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2722 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday

Drove 1200km (750 miles) round trip, but it was worth it.

IMG_20181013_143051 (resized).jpgIMG_20181013_143051 (resized).jpg
#2723 5 years ago

Home...

IMG_20181014_201742 (resized).jpgIMG_20181014_201742 (resized).jpg
#2732 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Ha . . . Up the Irons (both Maiden and Man)!

Too bad I don't like GOT, or I'd also have an iron throne

#2741 5 years ago

Not a bad start...

IMG_20181016_174553 (resized).jpgIMG_20181016_174553 (resized).jpg
#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's about, what, 400 Mil US?

Nicely done.

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

About a week overdue. I got my LE!
I'm going to trade out my ToM for a JJPOTC, then my collection will be complete for awhile.[quoted image]

Not to be a party pooper, but that le sure looks like a premium

#2814 5 years ago

I've done 3 minis, but it was luck. I think it's just a very tough shot.

Like hitting gem on Tron. It's definitely doable, but not consistently.

1 month later
#3242 5 years ago

Holy hell. Put up a huge ball 1 and a terrible ball 2, average ball 3.

Finished trooper and mummy cards, but only did two modes (aces high and hallowed be thy name).

I just blew it up and ran out of gas.

IMG_20181214_173911 (resized).jpgIMG_20181214_173911 (resized).jpg
#3316 5 years ago

So I was just playing, had mummy sarcophagus up and ready for a ball lock. Had a weird bounce off the drop targets and it ended you in the lock.

The game actually had a 'dirty pool' call-out.

Awesome!

#3320 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yeah those callouts are great...dirty pool from TAF, the “ 2x completed” sounds straight outta Centaur and I also got “Feel my Power” from Sorcerer the other day.
Wonder what other old school callouts are hidden in there.

I thought dirty pool was afm. When you sneak a ball behind the target wall as it goes up.

2 weeks later
#3514 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

After selling Alien, I knew it wouldn't be long before I broke down and got something new. I am now a proud member of the Iron Maiden owners club (got a pro).
...now, do I really need to go back and read all 70 pages in this thread??

Yes. At least twice, and make sure you take notes.

Then, write a 24 page thesis.

Up the irons!

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Big thread
Do you Premium owners wish you bought a Pro instead?
I keep reading in other threads the Premium/LE mechs are guaranteed problematic.
Seems like Pro is the way to go unless I want to tinker more than play?

I've had 0 issues with my le and I like the extra stuff MUCH more than the pro

Just my $0.016

*I'm Canadian, my 2 pennies are worth less than USD pennies

#3618 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Keep in mind that it’s like any product: those who have issues are going to be much more active and loud about it. My imdnle has given me very little trouble, so little that I was/am shocked. Many others have reported the same good fortune. If you get a bad one, you’ll be tinkering. You should be able to sniff out a good one on the used market.

This.

9 months later
#5659 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have an odd problem on my IM Pro. Any time I am playing a multiplayer game, once the 2nd player starts their first ball, the following callouts will start to be randomly emitted:
"Well.... I'm WAIIIIIITTTTTING!"
"Are you dead or something?"
I would assume these would be what you would get if you just let the ball sit in the shooter lane, but I get these callouts at random points during the game. They don't seem to come when some mode has just been achieved or anything, just randomly. They never occur on a single player game.
I think this may have started when I put in a clear shooter lane protector, because sometimes the game will try to autoplunge a ball after I already manually plunged it, and THIS behavior started after I put in the clear protector.
This doesn't really impact gameplay at all, just seems to be an annoyance and I don't think it's supposed to work that way. Anyone have any ideas?

100% due to the shooter lane protector. It must be covering part of the switch causing the game to think a ball is sitting there.

Can you take a picture?

Possibly you bent the switch as you installed and the protector isn't the issue, but now something is causing the switch to be active.

Take a closer look.

1 month later
#5799 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least you got awesome customer service. He won't reply to my emails trying to get a replacement for an AfM powerbladez inverter that died. I got one response in October when I initially emailed him where he asked for a picture of the one that failed, which I sent immediately. Nothing for every followup I've sent since then. Crazy.

Doesn't sound like his norm. He's usually amazing with communication and customer service.

#5811 4 years ago

So I just spent the last 30 minutes reading through every sarcophagus post I could find in this thread.

I am having an issue that I have not come across, wondering if anyone has any advice?

I have already done a switch test and the switch behind the moving wall is functioning perfect the two switches in the sarcophagus lock both active 100%, The to mb moves to all different levels properly without any issues.

So here's the problem...

Once I hit the captive ball and spell mummy, The left ramp back wall opens and the tomb raises to catch the ball.
I hit the ball through the switch activates the second door to let the ball out and the ball falls into the tomb. However, the tomb will then just move back down all the way to the bottom releasing the ball into the center lane VUK.

This means that I can never activate mummy.

I can't seem to figure this one out...

It's not a switch issue, it almost seems like a logic issue in the programming.

The weirdest part is, I have the updated code installed for months now, and this only started in the last week or so.

#5813 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a switch problem.
Get the game into switch test mode with the sarcophagus raised. While in switch mode, manually roll the ball into the sarcophagus (maybe recording the screen in slo-mo with an iphone or the like on a stand in case the switch activation sequence is too fast to discern in real time). You will likely have an unexpected switch activation there that makes the machine think it needs to unplug a jam. It may be the switch for the kickout at the underworld. Some combination of switches is causing the issue. Once you know which one(s), you can correct so it plays right.

It's definitely before the underworld switch, as it decides to dump the ball before it ever gets there.

I was still able to collect tomb treasures so it's not the switch behind the backboard.

When I roll the ball, it seems to be normal. First switch on, and then off then second switch on as it rests there.

#5816 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does the sarcophagus ever stop at the center position? Maybe the sensor for the center position of the mech is not working right so it can't sense when it's there and keeps going. What does test mode for that mech say?

It doesn't stop (during gameplay)

Mech tests fine in all positions.

I will test switches tonight or tomorrow, haven't been in the basement since I posted

#5820 4 years ago

Tested with ball using slow mo suggested by @vireland

Switches fire in order:

1) captive ball switch (top switch)
2) top ball sense switch (captive ball switch) this seems odd to me
3) ball lock switch (lower switch inside tomb)

Once ball sits, only the ball lock switch (step 3) stays lit.

#5821 4 years ago

Update,

Played with the spoon of the captive ball, it solved the issue for a game or two, but now the issue is back.

This is horribly frustrating

#5823 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Just replace the switches and your frustrations will go away.

On the spoon?

#5824 4 years ago

Decided to pull apart the switch from the spoon, was hella dirty. Cleaned up and working again.

Let's hope it's better for good now.

It was never an issue for over a year

#5826 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You seem really hesitant to replace the switches in the mech... is there a reason for that? I think I paid less than $20 for them and I never had a ball lock issue again. Cheap investment to cross that off the list of potential issues.

A few hesitations.

1) I never had an issue until now, so I feel like it's just dirty or maladjusted, and thus why not keep what works, just get it working again

2) I'm not a tech. Sure I can fix and repair issues, but I'm always hesitant to do it. Purely personal

3) can't get the switches as p1 is closed until the new year, and even then, I never have time off during the day to get there. So just getting the switches is actually the hardest part.

#5827 4 years ago

Also, seems like the problem is based on the mummy Newton ball, not the tomb switches

So I'm just not sure I want to year out the tomb switches if they aren't the cause (see point 1 above)

1 month later
#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I"m looking for just a left side head decal. Any idea where I can obtain one from? I contacted my distro, they said Stern only sells them in full sets.

It's possible that Stern will help out.
Have you contacted them directly yet?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6183 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I too do not share my art for free, and I'll throw mine out there too at a more competitive price: $9.00 for the set free worldwide shipping and handling.[quoted image]

I think this might be the BEST one yet

1 month later
#6331 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Aw man, I just did a double take. Stern released new code for Iron Man. I got excited for a fraction of a second as i thought it said Iron Maiden.

Iron Man code is bigger news than you think

2 weeks later
#6449 3 years ago

My Canadian le doesn't have a lockdown button.

What is the point on this game anyway?

Also, it can be deactivated in menu settings can't it?

#6457 3 years ago

It's not April 1st guys....

1 week later
#6468 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Flipper switch leaves bending away from each other, or maybe a broken coil stop. Do you have gold dust on the floor of the cabinet below one or both flipper coils?

Keep in mind the many different looks of goldust.

ebe3988f42c6b2ca70a11dbe6a84ff95 (resized).jpgebe3988f42c6b2ca70a11dbe6a84ff95 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Had a weird stuck ball the other day... i tilted to free it as my score was sucking balls that game.
Anyone else ever have one snag up here?[quoted image][quoted image]

I have, but I have an le, so when the ball search cycled, my ramp lifted and let it free.

1 month later
#6797 3 years ago

Story of my Life....

Amazing ball one, three cards and five modes complete.

Decent rest of the game, but still never battled the beast.

Grrrrrr

IMG_20200704_094043 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094043 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094054 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094054 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094634 (resized).jpgIMG_20200704_094634 (resized).jpg

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Preach on. My top is around 680M, finished with three cards a fair number of times, but never more. My barrier is never yet getting EB#2 as fifth tomb treasure. Got 4 tomb treasures handful of times. Mode completion is not yet reliable enough. And several times in an otherwise promising run, I bricked the soul shard target shot. Grr

Before the last update my gc was 1.8bil, still no beast.

3 weeks later
#7040 3 years ago

Random issue started last night.

When coils fire (flippers, pops, etc.) A bunch of the playfield lights will blink. Almost like a loose connection that switches on with the vibration of the coil pulse.

Any thought on where to look first?

#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you make it happen by smacking the playfield firmly with an open palm in various places?

Will try to do this, but I don't have any switch errors.

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Joining soon the club with LE model.
Can someone tell me what are the known issues on this game and What are the must buy adds-on kits or mods?
I read some key posts and there is one mentioning a loop counter issue fixed with a kit. What else? cliffy needed?
Thanks

I say play the game and see what needs fixing. Some games are better than others.

My le has not had any loop issues, but I did have to adjust the lower captive ball (orb)

So best to play test and work from there.

3 weeks later
#7201 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I've actually seen a transistor I believe go bad as I was playing a friend's Tron before I bought my own and we were talking the rules while I was holding the flipper and after probably 5 minutes it burned out.

Funny enough a friend blew a fet when he was holding a ball on my Tron lol

4 weeks later
#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I do not understand why Stern doesn't mix the sound in software to prevent additive clipping. It makes no sense. A software mixer with auto limiting would stop all the clipping nonsense and they could use it as a plug-in on every title.

Cost

#7327 3 years ago
Quoted from arkin:

Hi Everyone, question for everyone. My ramp screws on my Iron Maiden keep loosening up. I was thinking of using Loctite but I thought it might be a little too strong to undo at a later date. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Which screws?

#7334 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Can someone explain the left light in the pop bumpers. First I thought it was a bad light board, but it comes on every now and then. Looking at a couple of videos of other peoples games, it seems this is a feature, not a bug, but for the life of me I don't understand the logic of when that pop bumper light comes on, why it is off to begin with, etc. Teach me pinball wizards.
Mike

It's a flasher, not a standard light.

#7339 3 years ago

Have to make a huge shout-out to arkin for helping he get my anubis looking absolutely amazing!!!

Thanks so much...

And of course, PinMonk for making the anubis in the first place.

You guys rock!

PXL_20200926_154856684 (resized).jpgPXL_20200926_154856684 (resized).jpg
#7340 3 years ago

Now just need to find time to install. Came to abement to do it, but got called upstairs immediately.... The joys of having a toddler on a Saturday.

#7342 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks incredible, very nice! Mine’s still sitting in the box because I don’t have the nerve to mess it up with my lack of painting skills

I totally hear you on that, hence I had arkins help. Love local camaraderie

#7371 3 years ago

Kiss did also

1 month later
#7587 3 years ago

Finally installed my pin monk Anubis that was painted so graciously by Arkin s daughter.

Man what an ordeal.

The holes didn't line up perfectly, so had to file out a very tiny amount to line it up on the mounting points. No big deal.

Once installed decided to test the motor to make sure movement was all good and of course, the motor switches are now not activating.
Had to bend one of the diverter tabs as it was hitting the ramp rather than going through the cutout.

The 2 minute install lasted closer to 60.

But hey, that's pinball!

PXL_20201113_225901693 (resized).jpgPXL_20201113_225901693 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7976 3 years ago

I usually do the right side, feels easier to access.

1 week later
#8093 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I can’t find the setting to use the real knocker. Is it named something different?

There are no knockers in modern sterns. Only digital squacks.

You can modify the game and add one.

#8127 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Wow! This is dedication! Congrats.
Send us some pics when you have a chance.

Check out post 2722

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/55#post-4634253

#8130 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There were so few LEs shipped to Canada, that would be worth the trip! I think we only got 10 or something stupid. I don't think the US games got the tournament button either. But does anyone even use those buttons?

One if my games is a usa game, but I added a tournament button.

I've never used them, just looked out of place without it. (It's not hooked up lol)

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Hook it up! Even if you don’t start a tournament mode, there’s a little surprise when you press the button (on IMDN).

My imdn is canadian, I'll have to press it one of these days lol

1 month later
#8431 3 years ago

Still no beast..... Ugh

PXL_20210214_202111933 (resized).jpgPXL_20210214_202111933 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.