(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,838 posts
  • 1,050 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by acedanger
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.07.15_834b23a7 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-20 om 18.08.28_c85b3c64 (resized).jpg
20240420_170649 (resized).jpg
20240420_170609 (resized).jpg
20240420_171019 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 6.01.36 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markymark2400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2208 5 years ago

Hi Guys,

HELP WANTED

New owner first NIB pinball, for my 40th bday, been waiting a long time , so many apologies if you have seen some of these questions here already, I just sadly do not have the time to go through 40 pages of the forum.

Things I am wondering, I love the game, was trying to get to grips with some newbie things, I am browsing through the menu system, I can see things like :

Directors Cut
Novelty mode
Extra Easy mode etc

Where on earth is the instruction manual? I have no idea what any of this means? What mode is it set to as standard? Easy ? Medium?

Also do you guys ever play with 5 balls or always a 3 ball game?

I REALLY appreciate any advice you can give. The game seems pretty hard in terms of rules and trying to look at what to do on the screen whilst keeping the ball alive!

M

1 week later
#2324 5 years ago

So feedback after 2 weeks of my new IM Pro Pin and a couple of questions from a newbie...

It took me a week or 2 to get into it, I found the rules hard to work out at first, but once you get into them and get into the game , this really is a fantastic pin, which worried me for the first week that I was not really enjoying it, because of lack of toys, (I am a big kid). But it truly is great and the music is just fantasticly exciting for a pin, the best of ANY pin. I did have a pre order of ACNC which now when I look at the videos that have been released of that, I am so thankful I got out of , as it really looks terrible, (anyway i wont comment more) just a shame it does not look like it can compare to any Stern or JJP games at all...

I have noticed some slight scratching after just 100 games on the playfield, so would appreciate any feedback on that and I have not replaced the balls but not sure to replace with what? No idea why you pay big money for a pinball and they cant send good balls? Seems crazy.

Also when the auto plunge operates when the ball drains in the first few seconds for example, I notice it always hits the top left flipper, is there any thing I can do to adust this? At the moment I just hold down the flipper to get it out the way...

Anyway here is a pic , not the best one i know as its dark but anyone thinking of buying this pin, if you like IM music which I love, it's really great, I also think the premium or LE unless you are seriously rolling in cash is not worth it, it plays just fine without the ramp moving up and down....

IMG_6553 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_6553 (1) (resized).JPG
#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

If you can take time to make some adjustments
It will be a game changer
My LE was crap and I always had to hold up mini flipper to make loop
The ball would always hit mini flipper, drove me crazy !
Solution ! make 2 adjustments
First, Lift mini flipper a couple of mm
Second, Adjust ball guide exit point to playfield by a couple of mm
Was a little time consuming and frustrating to get both Auto and Manual balanced
However some persistence paid off.
I did not need to adjust prongs on auto launch.
Now the ball launches how Kieth intended
So cool well working correctly, Especially loading Trooper multiball

can you make a YT video on how to guide for a non tech newbie , its driving me nuts - is this not a warranty issue?

#2350 5 years ago

I know I have mentioned this before and I am aware it is a known problem, but would be eternally grateful for anyone that can help by summarising how the hell to fix the fact that autoplunger flings the ball into the upper flipper , it rarely goes where I think it should (this is a new pin for me) round the loop and this effects multiball obviously as it ricochets, I know someone helpfully said to read through this thread, but guys its almost 50 pages and I am a hard working guy!

Anyone can help with what is the easiest fix for someone with literally no tech ability? lol I just bought the pin to play not to start messing with.

Also how the F are we meant to spend this kind of money and when there is a design fault, there is no real way to get it fixed, the dealer wont likely be able to help , but if this was a car we would have a warranty that would fix a major flaw to the design... thoughts?

1 week later
#2433 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My first opinions of the game are mixed. I don't think I like it as much as I thought I would and I find it plays a bit 'klunky', especially shots (and attempted loops) from the upper left flipper. Left ramp shots are not too bad and satisfying to make, but not easy to combo for sure. There seems to be a slight droop in the flippers for making the outer shots easier, but not like GB. I really like the mechanical sarcophagus lock on this premium and the underworld shot to start missions. I don't pay too much attention to the beacon (yet). Flipper feel and ball rebound just feels different on this game compared to others I own. The black rubbers just seem REALLY dead for bounce so I'm going to put red flipper rubbers on I think. The stock lighting is... just not very good with the red led compromising overall playfield illumination - there isn't enough white LED as a result. The stock sling leaf switch gap was too liberal, making them not very responsive (now fixed). My IMVE was initially like that too and it certainly made the game easier to play I found.
So it will take some more practice to learn the rules better and get a better feel for the shot geometry. I don't feel frustrated with the game because it plays ok and everything works. I just need to play better! I remember back to 2013 when I bought Metallica Premium and I had really mixed feelings about that game too. Sometimes it just takes a while to really 'click' with a game or theme. I don't regret my purchase and I think I've just been overly tired from neverending piles of work at my job. I get home tired and don't enjoy pinball when I'm that tired... 3 day weekend coming up so I plan to get some more rest and then play some more games!
Rob

it grew on me , now I love it, annoying about the fixes I have to make, as I am clueless.. but it's a great pin, with the exception of no real toy.

1 week later
#2496 5 years ago

anyone posted a youtube video on how to fix the auto launch when it hits the top flipper?

#2509 5 years ago

whats the best way to add this to the playield? do people drill it in or ??

IMG_6908 (resized).JPGIMG_6908 (resized).JPG
#2548 5 years ago

total pinball newbie, but how does the tournament button work? just got NIB... whats the difference between tournament mode and multiple (4) players? It will let you have more than 4? Or?? THANKS GUYS!

3 weeks later
#2798 5 years ago

Love the game and the rule set etc, but still despite a few tweaks which worked for a while, struggling with the auto plunge and ball hitting the flipper or the top of the skill shot, really fucking annoys me that you spend BIG money for NIB machines and effectively you are left with a machine you have to fix out the box, sorry just wanted to vent to fellow pinheads...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markymark2400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.