(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,646 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by vikingerik
  • Topic is favorited by 497 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).png
IMG_8121 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 5 years ago

First pro’s are going overseas, so domestic games will be a couple of weeks longer

Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Question, sorry if this has been addressed before. How many machines are pumped out of the Stern factory on a daily basis? When can we expect the machines to be delivered to the distributors?

#263 5 years ago

Nope, you can always make it harder (adjust posts, ball save time, etc)

Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone else think the layout is going to lend itself to long ball times?

#266 5 years ago

The shaker setting in Stern games has nothing to do with the intensity of the shake. Its to control the frequency (when it shakes).
So if your shaker is too strong, you need to install a PWM controller to cut down on the shake intensity.
These are cheap and work great.

Quoted from Cserold:

How do you do this other than in the settings menu. Had to turn my shaker
In MET off because even on “minimal” setting it was obnoxiously powerful

1 week later
#300 5 years ago

I read Marco brought 50 Stern games (30 IMDN and 20 other recent Sterns). This will probably be the most ever NIB pinballs brought to a show.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

40? I thought marco brought 30?

1 week later
#414 5 years ago

Wow that is a good point!

Quoted from MikeS:

It could just be because there are 4 of them? I used to have a TSPP and those flippers were super loud because there were 5 of them.

2 weeks later
#622 5 years ago

Also run to the hills is not programmed

1 week later
#876 5 years ago

You can always play it on route (somewhere they have pinball in your town).

Quoted from waspinat0r:

I think my biggest pinball regret is that I was forced to leave the hobby before I got to play this machine. It looks and sounds so amazing.

2 months later
#1839 5 years ago

Bad advise. Everyone has different skills and those struggling with the game are looking for a way to make it easier for THEM to play and enjoy the game. That's why there are settings, you know?

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Advice for those plugging up the outlanes due to excessive draining: sell your machine and buy an original Nintendo and one game: Contra.
Here's the secret: up+down+up+down+left+right+left+right+B+A+Start.
Not only will this save you significant money, but you will be even better at something with even less effort.
On a side note, I'm now offering legitimate online master's degrees. No prerequisites! No homework! Get that job you've always dreamed about! PM for details.

1 month later
#2429 5 years ago

If you want a warm white, I'd suggest installing warm white 2LED bulbs not incandescents.

Quoted from RyThom:

Replacing the factory bulbs with warm white/sunlight LEDs is a good start, but the real magic happened when I replaced the backboard lights with yellow incandescents.

1 week later
#2520 5 years ago

Yes, install a pwm controller and you can fine tune the tremor down to a purr. Check twd thread for info but adjust for spike2

Quoted from Shredso:

I have a Red Tremor in mine right now, I want to swap it out. It's violent. I'm hoping it's a bit more subtle with a different one. Is there any way to dial the Red Tremor down?

#2531 5 years ago

ow, if thats confirmed I retract my advice! Silly spike2..... sorry for mis-speaking. The PWN controller works great on SAM to adjust tremor shakers.

Quoted from Raegor:

A pwm on spike will blow a node board.

2 weeks later
#2676 5 years ago

Whats an SE? IMDN modes are Pro, Premium or LE.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Joining the SE club this weekend!
Without reading the past 54 pages, can anyone tell me what the best shaker motor i should buy is? Stern sells one, but I know there are other manufacturers and people were having problems with one earlier this year.
Are the speakers for the SE decent enough? I'm wondering if I should already plan on a speaker upgrade or if I can plan on lights and other mods first.

#2678 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Premium, sorry. JJ lingo i guess.
Actually, not them either. I don't know where I got 'special edition' from.
I'm getting a premium

Shaker motor - Pinball Life Rev C shaker for spike/spike2
Speakers - Premium has the same speakers as the PRO (whereas the LE has upgrade speakers). I'd say try before you buy new ones, they may be good enough.

1 month later
#2991 5 years ago

Wow thats the first one I've seen to get to Run to the hills. You are a madman! Congrats!

1 year later
#7180 3 years ago

Isn't Rick the programmer? He would be providing the update....

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Remember when we were all pretty sure we were getting a code update back in January.....then again after JP hit 1.0
Keith has finished game 3 and is working 4 now.
I hope we dont get left waiting too much longer but Maiden seems to be a low priority

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.