(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,653 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2458 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2459 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6659 (resized).png
IMG_6658 (resized).png
IMG_6660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6664 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240325_202244_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240325_202205_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

378 posts in this topic match your search for posts by knockerptsd. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2946 5 years ago

I'm getting a Pro (and a shaker if they are in stock) next month.
Would the Pharoah protector be a wise investment? Do the edges take a bit of a beating? I've only played a few games and all the ramp shots seemed to be on target but I could see some weird angles damaging the back. Thoughts?

#2949 5 years ago

Does someone have the rubbers list for the pro model please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks

#2950 5 years ago

Also if anyone has changed their rubbers, I'd like to see how it looks if you have pics. I haven't decided on a colour yet.

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does someone have the rubbers list for the pro model please?
I'm looking to make a titan order and want to make sure I get the right ones.
Thanks

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also if anyone has changed their rubbers, I'd like to see how it looks if you have pics. I haven't decided on a colour yet.

I'm leaning toward Navy blue, Orange or a bit of a mix of the 2. I don't usually like to see mixed rubber colours but I feel there are spots that just work well with blue and some with Orange. Hell, I'm mildly thinking of putting 2 dark green post covers at the plane ramp to make it more obvious to my kid and guests

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Ten months away...[quoted image]

Toronto floors purchased and deposit paid on a pro.

20181114_002838 (resized).jpg20181114_002838 (resized).jpg

#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

If you don't have the manual, go to Stern's website under the game and download it. It will tell you what all the rubbers are. I went with the dark blue titan rubbers on mine. I'll try and get a pic of them.

I'm thinking light blue lower playfield, orange upper playfield with purple post sleeve at the orb. Pics would be much appreciated.

#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

How are you finding the post sleeves? Did you order stern slim? I'm apprehensive swapping the post sleeves as I've heard the tapered factory sleeve help minimize airballs. Have you noticed an increase in airballs? So far I've just picked flippers and slings. I may opt to leave much of it stock if it is affecting gameplay.
Did you do red sleeves at the right ramp or is it my eyes?

1 week later
#3044 5 years ago

I put my deposit down today for a Pro. I'll be picking it up in about 2 weeks.
I have a question so I can be all set to play on day one. I picked up a subwoofer for the game as I did with my Metallica pro. I was under the impression that Iron Maiden has a line out built into it for speakers but my distributor couldn't seem to find one on the display model. Is there indeed a line out or will I he needing to place another order with pinnovators? Thanks.
Ps. Ordering the following right off the bat from Mezel. Pharoah blinder kit, Pharoah protector, gel inserts and the mummy plastic.
It's going to be a very Maiden Christmas at my house

#3047 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on the model number of the board in the backbox. There is a line out for sub on SOME boards (not all) but you have to make your own connector to access it even if you have the "right" board series. There's information you need in the thread I made here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

I just ordered a pinnovators sub kit 2 minutes ago after a bit more reading. Hopefully no issues

#3052 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The stern art blades are very nice. For less than $100 shipped a great choice.
Also, once the fan noise is driving you crazy, you can get a plug and play quiet fan kit to replace the fan in the power supply.

I'm getting my pro in 2 weeks. I'd like to hear more about a quite fan. Just a normal pc fan from any electrical store or something more specific? Thanks

1 week later
#3123 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnVee:

Hey guys,
I’m trying to install some mirror blades on my Maiden, and the bottom of the mirror is hitting this piece pictured below. Can somebody tell me what this is used for, and is it ok if I remove it? They are on both sides.
[quoted image]

They are to help guide the playfield back into place when you put it back down.

#3153 5 years ago

Could some please point me toward speaker decals? It's just this big black boring abyss. I'm going to add some speaker lights but I've seen it done and it only slightly helps. I like the Sam speaker grills ok but these spikes with the LCD screens leave a lot to be desired.
Thanks

#3154 5 years ago

Also....if it hasn't been done, some sandy dunes and pyramids please

#3157 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Added some mods in the past few days. I used a pico size rgb LED for the Clairvoyant globe and very fine wiring (normally used for Lego LED lighting). I did consider drilling the arm to hide the wires but there really isn't much room for error to do that so didn't try and risk it. If i can find a good colour match i'm intending to blend the wire into the blue of her cape at the back. I fully intended the globe to be lit all the time and not connected to the globe underneath, the RGB colour sequence wouldn't match anyway. Piece of mind Eddie isn't exactly where i wanted him but he was never going to fit where the original was, just too tall. I'll most likely adjust where the chains attach also as i have some small eye bolts coming which should look far neater.

Unfortunately my camera washed out the colours on the globe but you can spot the colour changes on the Clairvoyants face and upper torso. These pico leds are damn bright for their size!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Eddie placement is great

#3161 5 years ago

Just a heads up to anyone looking to get mezel mods mummy plastic.....
It's cheap as hell. For the price I expected a proper gauge plastic similar to the Eddies. Its a razor thin piece of crap. You could print a photo card stock on a home printer of similar quality.
Oh, and the "insert gels"? Some squares of film and double sided tape? Going straight in the garbage. I ordered virelands light tree instead. Beautiful.
Mezel quality is lacking on this game. Overpriced trash.
Dont waste you money.

20181212_155241 (resized).jpg20181212_155241 (resized).jpg20181212_155247 (resized).jpg20181212_155247 (resized).jpg20181212_155814 (resized).jpg20181212_155814 (resized).jpg
#3170 5 years ago

Vic's(left) mezel(right)
20181212_175048 (resized).jpg20181212_175048 (resized).jpg

#3172 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Before the pitchforks come out, did you contact mezel and let them know you werent happy? They are great people and take care of their customers. They take feedback seriously and work hard to make things right. We sell mods through them and do the same. It's fine if you dont like a mod, but I'd suggest contacting them and at least allow them a chance to make things right before being critical.

In all fairness, just from my bitching on this thread, Mezel just sent me an email saying I would be getting a refund so good on them. I hadn't even contacted them as I was just going to eat the loss as it wasnt much.
So good on mezel customer support but production needs a kick in the pants. Thank you mezel(seriously)

#3230 5 years ago

The aces high one is actually pretty cool. Pricey af but cool.
Pro membership is less than 4 days away now.....

#3240 5 years ago

Does someone know where to get some speaker grill decals? (Similar to the creeping death mod for Metallica). I'm having a hell of a time finding anything and dont like the way these lcd/speaker grills look on the newer Sterns.
I dont know why Stern just leaves them bare.
I cant imaging its money. How much can a 2ft sticker cost them in bulk? $5 more a game maybe? I'd have been willing to pay extra for my game if some Zombie Yeti art continued up there.

#3244 5 years ago

Ahhhhhh, I'm getting twitchy! I'm supposed to pick up my pro on Tuesday morning from a local depot (a $50 van rental is better than a $200 delivery charge) but there is also a slim chance I'll get curbside drop off tomorrow instead. (Mind explodes)
I have to talk to the driver tomorrow. Hopefully he is good people. (Fingers crossed emoji doesn't work)

#3273 5 years ago

20181218_092954 (resized).jpg20181218_092954 (resized).jpg20181218_094758 (resized).jpg20181218_094758 (resized).jpg
#3281 5 years ago

Day one and I'm modding away.
Pinnovators board installed.
Shaker installed.
Pharoah blinder kit installed.
Pharoah protector installed.
Vireland's mode light tree installed.(before game one)
Titan rings (mostly installed)
Navy blue t molding installed
Cheap mummy plastic "installed".

Tomorrows mods
Finish Titans
Swap out fan
Install art blades

Only played 5 games today but my auto launch seems good
20181218_164053 (resized).jpg20181218_164053 (resized).jpg

#3282 5 years ago

The only issue I've had so far is an odd one. I think my glass is cut at just a slight angle. No matter how much figuring I do it goes in and I have to force the left side up as hard as I can to get the lockdown bar in place. (It catches the left edge of the glass)
I'm going to measure it tomorrow. Everything seems flush with no obstructions so idk what's going on.

#3292 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Lets get a better pic w/ the blue t-molding! I had thought about doing that too! Edit: you removed the chrome from metallica and went blue too?

Metallica is purple with purple speaker lights. Iron maiden is navy. Probably add some blue speaker lights. (Picture turns out best with the game soft but still comes out dark)
The blue goes really well with the side art on the head.
Chrome trim should be burned. Fugly stuff

20181219_002658 (resized).jpg20181219_002658 (resized).jpg20181219_002709 (resized).jpg20181219_002709 (resized).jpg20181219_002727 (resized).jpg20181219_002727 (resized).jpg

#3293 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm actually okay with the price of the pinstadiums. The UV lighting is a major concern, though, and the main reason why I won't have them in any machine I own or maintain on a route until there's better documentation of what nm range the "UV" light is in as real UV can blow out your eyes over time - permanently. There's literally no technical documentation on what the wavelength the UV light is in the pinstadiums, and that's bad. Eventually I will test pinstadiums with a spectrum analyzer, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

And you can make a poor mans pinstadium for about $25cdn. That's like one american dollar right? I made one for my blackout for about $15 with just some warm white. Pinstadium is overpriced for what it is. You are paying for the phone app

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Day one and I'm modding away.
Pinnovators board installed.
Shaker installed.
Pharoah blinder kit installed.
Pharoah protector installed.
Vireland's mode light tree installed.(before game one)
Titan rings (mostly installed)
Navy blue t molding installed
Cheap mummy plastic "installed".
Tomorrows mods
Finish Titans
Swap out fan
Install art blades
Only played 5 games today but my auto launch seems good

Edit. Couldn't sleep. Quite fan installed
Just some harder to get to Titans tomorrow and I'm waiting on Vireland's loop mod. Need to figure out a different way to do the speaker lights than the Metallica Sam layout. Shouldnt be too difficult.
The more I'm looking at it I dont think this game needs any speaker lights with that big screen. If anyone has added speaker lights, could you please post some pics? I was thinking about lining the rectangles, not the actual speakers themselves like I did with Metallica

#3312 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah....it's been done and it was more difficult to design than you would think. I've even put a SAM Speaker Light Kit in a SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit. Here are some pictures of them in SPIKE 2 games.
Doug (www.SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how deadpool looks like a Canada flag. That crazy Canucklehead

#3317 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So I was just playing, had mummy sarcophagus up and ready for a ball lock. Had a weird bounce off the drop targets and it ended you in the lock.
The game actually had a 'dirty pool' call-out.
Awesome!

If I'm remembering right I was messing around with the coin door volume during play when I heard it on mine. It made me grin but I'm not entirely sure what I did

#3346 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thank you Vireland with Pin Monk. Just installed fireball loop lens' and its rad. Install was fairly easy, took about 15 minutes.
[quoted image]

Bah, I was hoping mine would arrive today so I could have all my mods installed for xmas visitors. No luck. Looks great.

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from malklavious:

Finished installing vireland's light mods to the fireball loop, Eddie cards, and battle tree. Unfortunately the pictures of the battle tree doesn't do the colors justice, it looks much better in person. All of them feel like it's how it *should* have been from the factory![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I installed the mode tree before my first game and now it looks weird to see an all white one. Still waiting on my loop. Damned holiday mail.
The mode tree more than any other should have been that way from the factory. Aside from looking really sharp, it helps to distinguish modes at a quick glance.

#3410 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I ordered a set of cabinet blades from Stern and they came in yesterday. There were no instructions included with them or on their site. Does anyone know if these are the air-egress kind like Tilt Graphics are where they can be re positioned if need be or are they permanent once they are stuck the first time?

I dont know the product you are comparing to but I installed the stern blades on my maiden and pingraffix on my Metallica. The sterns are durable enough for minimal correction. I peeled mine back a bit a few times while applying. The pingraffix are stronger and are slightly more repositionable than the stern.
Sterns were still tough enough. I installed mine without even removing the playfield. Good luck. They look sharp.

#3426 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

No custom callouts, but used pinball browser to add all new songs...
Sabbath, ozzy, met, gnr, muse, black keys, etc.
Makes it so much more enjoyable.

But the modes make no sense then....
I like Iron Maiden music though

#3432 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I dont get why everyone says this. It will still say “2 minutes to midnight” and it’s not like the callouts are different - or the text, or the rules! I am replacing 2 minutes with “speed of light” per request of my son, and probably Aces high with “algorithm” by Muse. I don’t mind that, Powerslave is way over-represented

Clearly you dont listen to Maiden. The song lyrics tie in to the gameplay very well. Not a judgment. To each their own but if I dont like a band, I dont play that pin. You couldn't pay me to play Aerosmith.Theme counts for a lot with me though. I love Borg games but cant get into walking dead because its walking dead. I dont blindly go for theme either though. Ghostbusters is an amazing theme but I dont want to own one...or really even put money in one

#3438 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dang man you are missing out because AS and TWD are both great games, i think GB is as well. Borg is my favorite designer by far. Dont limit yourself like that.

Cant be helped. I also am a huge Borg fan. It's not like older pins where theme is just a skin though. Art aside, the modes, music, callouts and gimmicks in modern games (usually) tie directly into the theme. Even Tron took me forever to warm up to because I am a huge fan of the original and didnt like the modern movie. I can play xmen all day even with storm yelling at me because xmen was one of my favorite cartoons/beat em up games in the 90s. I've got a Stern Star Trek on the way. Im not a Trekkie and I dont have strong feeling about the series either way so the gameplay sold me on that one.
Good shots only count for so much in modern games. If i like the theme I am more likely to try and progress through the modes.
Bottom line, Stern should only make theme I enjoy personally lol

#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I asked a few weeks ago and it was mentioned that the game “plays best” when elevated. When i put it down to 6.5 it was bricks and missed returns everywhere

6.5° on mine equals smooth shots and 9.5/10 on my auto plunge.

1 week later
#3651 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the name of the game/band on the floor in front of the game. I can imagine a row of games like this looking pretty cool.

2 weeks later
#3764 5 years ago

Just got my first 2 minutes to midnight

#3766 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Exciting no matter how many times you get there. Congrats.

I hit every shot but the right orbit
I still have problems hitting that one consistently. I usually hit the upper flipper going for it.
2 minutes to midnight sure looks nice with those colored modes

#3783 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What are pinmonk lenses? Any other recommendations?

Game doesnt meed much.
Shaker motor is a must for everyone.
I've also got and recommend
-changing bulbs frosted
-Pinmonk's mode tree and loop mods.
-Pinmonk's fan mod.
-Mezels Pharoah blinder and protector.
-Pinovator's sub kit (with Polk PSW10)
-Titans (whatever you like but I went mostly dark blue with orange upper flippers)
-Stern art blades.
swapping out nuts for chrome domes looks great.

I feel like the shaker and the mode tree make the most obvious improvements.

#3804 5 years ago

My maiden flipper are considerably louder and clunkier than my Metallica ones but I just wrote it of as double the flippers, double the noise. Only recently have I thought about taking a closer look.

#3818 5 years ago

Metallica and Iron Maiden are the only machines in my house right now. Metallica is one of my favorites of all time but Iron Maiden is amazing. As mentioned earlier. Hit the spinner to change modes.
Have you really played the modes though? Finshing them and collect soul shards? It's not like star trek where every mode is just another version of the last (still love that game)
I have modes I love (hallowed be thy name and fear of the dark are sooo satisfying, mariner steering the ship through rough waters) and modes i dislike (looking at you icarus lol) Some of the tomb treasures feel really good (super slings)
Rip some loop jackpots, go for run to the hills, collect eddie cards. Lots to do.
I love my Metallica but unless I'm aiming for blackened or combo champ etc, the main game is bash 4 items enough times to play a crank or up. Thats nothing overly special. Once you are in one its not like the game really changes much. Keep bashing (plus some small variations) repeat.
Iron Maiden feels like it has much more variation than Metallica.

The Beast: DEATHBLOW!

#3840 5 years ago

Mine also did the same thing the first game (dactory installed) but it was so minor that fixing it only required a light push onn the metal guide to the right and it's been fine ever since.

#3870 5 years ago

Especially odd when my high score is only around 400,000 and I HAVE made it to Midnight (Once so far. One shot away from finishing)

#3900 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Where would I get those thin walled post sleeves? The yellow stock ones are worn out, all replacement ones I have in my stash are basically twice the wall thickness and would close up all shots.
where to go, what to do?
Thank you for your input

Be aware that the sleeves on Maiden are tapered to reduce airballs. Titan does not make anything like that yet. I change all my rubber to Titans. I change my Maiden over before the first game. I'd hold off on sleeves for now. Side note, yellow ones? Where did you have yellow ones stock? Everything was black on mine.

#3903 5 years ago

I love this game a little more every day. A few weeks ago I started to really nail down those ramp shots and that felt great. Tonight I was hitting both loops with much more consistency than I have in the past. Getting a feel for the shots in this game takes some time but feels so good when you do.
Week one was smash it up the ramp over and over. Now I only shoot for the ramp when its will start something. I have the Vireland fireball loop mod. Nice to finally see it lighting up during actual play now.
I'm not totally clear on some things.
-How exactly am I adding a ball to mb? I thought I knew but apparently I've been wrong.
-How do I earn an extra ball? I never seem to see how I've done it. I just know where to collect it once its lit.
-is the playfield multiplier just hit the x's then the rollover? Sometimes I feel like I've earned it another way but there is a lot going on in this game.
Thanks

#3907 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting...never noticed the taper. The only thing I noticed when replacing the posts is how hard they were...they don't flex at all. The stock posts feel like solid plastic...not rubber. I much prefer the feel of the Titan rubbers/posts on this game. fwiw, I don't notice *any* airballs from hitting posts.
Since many folks replace the stock rubber, I'm interested if they believe the Stern hard/tapered posts had any effect on airballs.

I did flippers, slings and posts that have rings but left the post sleeves stock.

#3914 5 years ago

Nah, bad choices

20190223_200258 (resized).jpg20190223_200258 (resized).jpg
#3950 5 years ago

I cant bring myself to paint these ones. I thought about it after doing the Metallica snake wireform but it's already so shiney and too nice to cover imo.

#3951 5 years ago

I could see gold plating them in a premium with the Pharoah package

#3971 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I like the music but the singing is a bit... annoying (personnal taste, sorry Maidens fans).
Thanks

Blasphemy! Dickenson has one of the best vocal ranges of any singer from any genre. He can sustain a note indefinitely. A witch must have cursed your poor ears lol.

1 week later
#4031 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What pin blades is everyone using on the pro?
Pics would help decide.

Stern made a nice set for this game.

#4032 5 years ago
20190315_193129 (resized).jpg20190315_193129 (resized).jpg20190315_193139 (resized).jpg20190315_193139 (resized).jpg
#4040 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same right and left corner with the Stern blades...[quoted image][quoted image]

I like to put the circles back in. They can pop back off pretty easily if I need to get at the hinge bolts.

20190315_220211 (resized).jpg20190315_220211 (resized).jpg20190315_220224 (resized).jpg20190315_220224 (resized).jpg
#4048 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

For those who got the pharaoh protector did you install it on the back or the front of the original. And if so, why?
I ended up installing mine on the back.
-there was already wear to the back of the plastic from the switch assembly
-normally plastic protectors go on the back to give the original Plastix more rigidity.
But in the case of this pin the plastic takes a head on beating, so maybe There is cases for both
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put mine in front so it actually protects the Pharoah plastic from all those missed ramp target shots. Easier to replace a $15 shield than the Pharoah if it chips or cracks.

1 week later
#4153 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you use the wet method, they're very forgiving to install and you have time to get them lined up just right. DO NOT try to install them dry.
I like the official Stern art blades the best as they match the motif of the playfield the best. It all goes together seamlessly.

Stern blades are much thicker than other ones I've purchased. They are very forgiving and can be done easily dry. I prefer to do dry when possible. I'd like to keep water away from my machines as much as possible. My Star Trek blades are MUCH thinner and I will likely go wet.

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's such a small amount of water (and soap) and you wipe it away once you squeegee it out when they're set in place that it's not a big deal, and it makes a MUCH more forgiving install that you can do with the playfield raised up, then down to finish it off. About 3-5 minutes per side. I used to do dry only, but once I tried wet I never went back. WAY easier.

I do mine with the playfield in places well. Same time frames. To each his own I guess

#4164 5 years ago

Installed titans on my Maiden before game one.

Quoted from Supersquid:

Yeah, the 1" mini flipper rubber is what you want for the one on the left. I actually got all my "rubbers" from Titan.

#4223 4 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Still attempting to escalate at Stern and with distro. It's hard, nobody gets back to me, they all just hope that I will go away. Going away is what I'd love to do more than anything, but my love of pinball is proving stronger than I had imagined.
Waiting on a price for an unpopulated playfield.

Have you been emailing or phone?
I was largely ignored about my Metallica issues until I got someone on the phone.

#4229 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Best $100 you'll spend on Iron Maiden.

Well, after the mode tree

Also, the pop plastics look great

Honourable mention to the Stern side blades. Very well done

20190404_140420 (resized).jpg20190404_140420 (resized).jpg20190404_140430(1) (resized).jpg20190404_140430(1) (resized).jpg
#4231 4 years ago

I hope we see some nice castle blades for BK3

#4240 4 years ago

The waviness will mostly be in the backing paper but I still lay mine out for a few days first. Straighter is easier to manage.

#4246 4 years ago

Dont do anything until someone else confirms this but I would imagine it has to go on the right based on the pins wired

#4258 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

OK ... so I can't get enough of this game and was looking at the stern flyer for the premium
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMDN-PREM.pdf
Where do I find the CPU mounted line-out audio connector and the other features listed?[quoted image]

I'm not sure if it's the same for premiums but I was told the line out is hit or miss on Maiden (pro) and is consistent in newer games. I ask my distro to open one for me to look inside. No line out in the display model. My Maiden (pro) also has no line out. I bought a pinnovators sub kit. Easiest mod in the world.

#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There may be different grammar instruction in American, but the English grammar is correct.

Canadians use British spelling and grammar up here....
You are incorrect.
Pharoah's = belonging to the Pharoah
Pharoahs' = belonging to a group of Pharoahs
1 point for our American friend.

If you're going to grammar police, you should know your own laws

#4304 4 years ago

Americans just have a grudge against the letter U.
Flavour, labour, colour. Anything in that ballpark and the U gets kicked out. Not sure why.

#4307 4 years ago

The amount of times I've drained ball 3 only to have it then tell me cyborg is ready is sad. One more shot? Really? I've probably missed out on an collected cyborg MB as many times as I've actually gotten it. Maybe if the animations would keep up I'd have focused on the center ramp.

#4325 4 years ago

I've said it before but I had issues with my Metallica and was largely ignored until I got someone from Stern on the phone. Emails get ignored easily.

#4333 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yup that sounds like Stern, I have a playfield with a bunch of ghosting inserts, they wouldnt do a thing for me. Told me it was normal.

I had some ghosted inserts on my MET. They are sending me a new populated playfield and sent me an autographed translite in the meantime. Just stay persistent. Good luck

#4376 4 years ago

No but I want one lpl

#4392 4 years ago

Has anyone found these necessary? I was wondering if they seem to be needed further down the road or something. Mine seems to register everything fine but it's only 4mo. old huo

#4441 4 years ago

^^^I liked the beast better^^^

#4477 4 years ago

I cant remember who I bought them from right now but I've got ice blue in the sling area and yellow pop bumpers. Looks great.

20190430_234507 (resized).jpg20190430_234507 (resized).jpg20190430_234520 (resized).jpg20190430_234520 (resized).jpg20190430_234526 (resized).jpg20190430_234526 (resized).jpg
#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Maybe not for everyone, but fun as hell to play ... a little teaser ...

Oh God.
Eddie will find you for that one.

#4492 4 years ago

I'd like to see a radio mode like Metallica has in one of the updates.

1 week later
#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Anyone added an external sub to their IM? Did you use crocodile clips on the cab sub lugs, did it improve things?
Cheers.

Pinnovators sub kit. Inexpensive, easy install, clean look, great sound.

#4561 4 years ago

Owning a pro and having recently played a premium. I find the premium a bit easier to play. It's easier to hit the clairvoyant and it's way easier to start modes etc. in the underworld than hitting the sphinx target.

#4591 4 years ago

You are missing the most essential maiden mod. Vireland's colored mode tree seems like an item that should have been factory. Looking at a stock white maiden seems wrong. Color coded modes for the win

20190518_110546 (resized).jpg20190518_110546 (resized).jpg
#4593 4 years ago

I have the mode tree and the fireball loop. Not a fan of the eddie cards and the mummy already makes sense to me on white. Something for everyone's taste but the mode tree should be in every maiden

#4627 4 years ago

The ability to lock balls during Mummy or getting a 4 ball Trooper is pretty cool to. Maybe I'm missing something on the pro here.

You can get the 4 ball trooper on a pro as well

#4674 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought a Stern Shaker and I really like it. I have a coin taker in my MET Pre and hate it so it's disconnected. I should probably sell it...

I have a stern shaker in my maiden and I'm on my 2nd stern shaker in Metallica. (1st one was replaced) All 3 started squeaking after about 2 mo. of home use. Not bad but worth mentioning

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, unlock Run to the Hills and that becomes a permanent song choice in the game.

Its always a choice. I havent made it there yet but its readily available. (I had to cheat at Metallica to unlock End of the Line permanently)

#4702 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I would like to know if someone else feels the bottom right flipper lack a bit of strenght, already order a new coils and the coil sleeve, changed the strenght to hard, any other thing to look? im missing something? What is your degree pitch?

I keep mine around 6.5-6.6 and I'm hitting loops no problem.

#4705 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Upper right flipper is very nice, the lower one is the problem...

My mistake. No noticable issues with any of my flippers.

#4719 4 years ago

I like the pro. Too much power slave in the premium for me. I'd go LE if it were in my budget though.

2 weeks later
#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wonder why Iron Maiden doesn't have a Midnight Madness mode...?

It would go off at 11:58

#4801 4 years ago

Some things I would like to see in the next code update.
-Jukebox mode
-Better ball recognition in the orbit. (Too often I shoot the right orbit and the shoot right back up the left orbit but the game cant tell)
-the loop extra ball at a more reasonable number (maybe 25?) My loop record is only 24 so either i suck at loops or 50 is overly ambitious unless you are Keith Elwin.
-added code to icarus as its the only mode I really dislike playing
-more tracks possibly

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

- Plus, you don’t have to play the mode if you don’t choose and can progress towards other EDDIE cards if you choose too. Unless of course you’re going for RTTH, if that’s the case, good luck

I am always going for 2m2m. I agree that icarus wouldnt be so bad if the game didnt already force you to shoot ramps so much to progress. I dont see the mode progression changing so its icarus that needs some rethinking imo. It also doesnt tie into any interesting themes like some of the other modes try (shooting planes, correcting ship's course, breaking the chains, etc) Maybe it's just me. I just never enjoy icarus like the others. I try to do icarus with mummy MB but then I just focus on mummy and get the ramps that come along with that mode.

#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Feature adjustment n13.... Set the loop to 30, much more balance like this i guess.

My OCD wont let me change it if it's not factory setting. Other than free play mode and turning off the screaching "knockers", I go all factory.

#4854 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Too funny. I went through all the effort swap those fugly red bulbs out for warm white ones. Much better, doesn't wash out the PF and plastics colors around them and is still plenty "dark" for Fear of the Dark mode.
Each to their own...

Stern must have accidentally ordered too many red bulbs. It seems like each new release has more and more of them. I'm not a fan. They wash out the art and are just hard on the eyes. At least most red lights can be swapped out if the owner likes. They could be tied into the boards.

#4870 4 years ago

Mine was 95%+ for the first 6mo.
Only just lately has it been more like 10%
I clean regularly so its likely just the coil.

1 week later
#4941 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How Many modes in IM? Reading up on it before I get mine. It looks like 2 you can get when you start playing and spell Eddie. Saw several multiballs. Is there a mode start shot for later modes or does it change ?

Spell Eddie to get to each mode and ultimately get to 2 minutes to midnight. Shots reduce after completing 2 modes.
Mariner start with one ball. Hit the lit shot (Pharoah) to get a second and the clairvoyant to get a third.
Ace High is a 2 ball. More ball can be added by hitting lit shots/airplanes

Collect mummy for 2 ball mb. More balls can be added by hitting all lit shots.

Hit lock drop, pharaoh, then orbits for trooper mb. Hit a jackpot then "fire the cannon" up the middle for a third ball.

Collect all triangles on playfield (left side of your screen) for Cyborg mb. Again, shoot lit shots (triangle) for add a balls.

I'm sure I've left something out or made some mistake. (I just woke up) That should hold you over and get you most of the basics though.

#4949 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're doing that, you're missing most of the points. The lit skill shot is the worst point option available at ball launch. Go for one of many super secret skill shots to get up to 20 million instead of 1 million.

Unless its later in the game and you would rather take the free letter than hit the ramps

2 weeks later
#5037 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'll be seeing them in Toronto in a few weeks, its been many years since I last saw them live.

Friday or Sat? I have tix to Friday nd will likely be a the pint to play some pinball prior to the show

1 week later
#5067 4 years ago

Has anyone here installed those little plastic blinders for the loop opto? Do they work? My game is only registering about 2/3 of the loops when they get going fast.
I can hit about 5-6 in a row now but I sometimes collect as little as 3.

#5076 4 years ago

Does someone on here sell the opto blinders or should I just check the usual suspects online?

1 week later
#5140 4 years ago

6 must be super floaty. I keep mine at or just above 6.5 but I know many keep this game at 7

#5141 4 years ago

Check that the back of your playfield is level left to right. Anytime my plunge seems off, it usually is fixed with a simple leg adjustment

#5151 4 years ago

3rd back from the front of Maiden tonight

#5155 4 years ago

Close enough that I snagged a drumstick

20190809_233916 (resized).jpg20190809_233916 (resized).jpg
#5158 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Guess I have to join the club now![quoted image]

I came home and played mine

20190809_210430(2) (resized).jpg20190809_210430(2) (resized).jpg20190809_224444 (resized).jpg20190809_224444 (resized).jpg20190809_210928 (resized).jpg20190809_210928 (resized).jpg20190809_211203 (resized).jpg20190809_211203 (resized).jpg
#5163 4 years ago

Is this just if your maiden doesnt have a post in this area? (Mine does)
Does it improve the clunkiness of the upper loop at all?
I'm looking to order the opto kit but I dont think i need this part.

#5168 4 years ago

What does the shatz-able cross in the lower left do? Thanks

#5182 4 years ago

Dammit.
I just went to mezel to order the loop kit and of course they are sold out. Pretty sure they were in stock when I looked at them 48hrs ago.
Does anyone know another seller I can order from?

#5184 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just adjust the opto (the real fix IMHO) or just use a piece of tape. That "mod" made me laugh my ass off. Hold my beer, there's an Eskimo at the door who wants to buy some ice...

And the loop adjuster? I'm hoping it helps with the clunkiness of the inner orbit.
You must live somewhere hot. Of course he wants to buy some ice. Its August lol

#5196 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm assuming you mean this thing:
[quoted image]
I can't see how you'd need something like this. The inner loop is a tight and tough shot. If you don't hit it perfectly, the ball won't go around, no matter how many mods you stick in the game. Once you get that shot down, it goes way smoother. I've nailed I think 6 in a row until the spinner f'ed up the return. I nail two or three in a row almost every game, and I'm mod-free!
IMHO, no one needs these mods. It took me 15 minutes to fix my opto issue.

I meant that I thought it helped round out the inner loop to make successful loops smoother. Its got that thud again the right side when loops are made. Every machine I've played does the same clunk. Just hoped it was to smooth that out

#5207 4 years ago

What are all the possible ways to earn tomb treasures? Lately I seem to be getting at least one per game for reasons unknown to me. Thanks.

#5208 4 years ago

Was playing a great game last night, had revive lit, left outlane drain, game over.
Took the glass off to check it out. Damn switch issue. Worst timing I've had for a faulty switch. I'll open her up today.

#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Here's what I'm using[quoted image]

I wanted to do the same thing but our tickets were on our phones. Everyone apparantly because i couldnt even find a stub on the ground

I mean, I could try to cram the drumstick I caught in there somewhere I guess lol. Damn you modern technology

#5231 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Protector questions...
Has anybody installed the big on the Pharaoh face protector to stave off damage from jump ramp shots?
I'm not sure I've ever seen damage in that area on any of the pins I played but I haven't really looked that closely
Also regarding putting mylar behind at jump ramp where balls falling chew up the wood...
I noticed my premium seems to have some metal down there on the playfield (looks like only about half the width of the lane for some reason?)
Is that a problem on the premiums or just a pro where the wood gets damaged from balls dropping there?
Thanks!
BobC

I installed the Pharoah protector day one. I was already placing an order and the protector was $15 so why not? High impact area. Easy install. Not noticeable once installed. Cant hurt.

#5235 4 years ago

Where do you get the protector?

Mezel. I also got the Pharoah blinders. Good product. Avoid the garbage "gels" they sell for the mode tree though. Get the Vireland mod instead

#5241 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

The protector that your thinking of is from Mezel mods.

There are two separate conversations going on. One about the Pharoah protector from mezel, the other the metal orbit protector from more recent stern runs.

#5257 4 years ago

For the Pharaoh protector though, what is involved in that installation?

As long as you have a variety of screwdriver lengths it is easy. Remove the screws on the Pharoah. There are a couple hard to get to ones. (unless you want to start taking more of the machine apart).
Put the protector on and put the screws back in. Maybe 15min of work because of the awkward screws.

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Anyone know what build date they started adding the protector?

Mine is built Dec. 2018 and doesnt have one.

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Just received the upgrade kit from Pinball Life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-upgrade-kit.html
For those who have installed it - where did you put those 2 opto pieces? There's two of the loop opto units (and then two individual optos on each one of them), did you put one of the opto pieces on each loop opto unit or did you put both of them on just one of the loop opto units?
If you put one on each, did you put them on the outer or inner opto?
Basically I've got 2 pieces and 4 possible places to put them, just wondering what places were the most optimal to install them.

A piece of black tape over the bottom half of the optos seems to work best btw.
Either way you are looking to cover one of the optos for each set (the ones with 3 wires)

2 weeks later
#5372 4 years ago

Put up two 400k+ games this morning including my personal best. I also got my first lvl2 trooper card today. Everything is coming up Milhouse!
I still don't think I've ever gotten a mummy card. I know what to do in theory (spinner, captive ball, repeat) but I'm just not doing it when it counts I guess.

20190906_092759 (resized).jpg20190906_092759 (resized).jpg
#5387 4 years ago

Finished all the modes but didnt hit 2m2m (collected Fotd soul shard)
Trooper mb x2 (lvl1 card collected)
Mummy mb x3 (lvl 1card collected)
Cyborg mb completed (lvl 1)
I was excited to break my high score but also bummed at how close I had finally made it to battling the beast. Just a shot or two more to start 2m2m and I'd have been there. New personal best though.
20190907_181809 (resized).jpg20190907_181809 (resized).jpg

#5392 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Almost got 1.5 B. Crushed Cyborg Multiball. Had 3x play field going. WOOOOHOOOO [quoted image][quoted image]

Any cyborg tips? I make it to cyborg fairly frequently now but I never score very well. I think my cyborg high score is about 60m

#5397 4 years ago

Finally put up a new GC (700M) after figuring out how to use the pf multiplier a bit.
Now, if I could just figure out how to complete Mummy MB!

I went from.never having earned a mummy last week to earning one often. Once you get the hang of it and realize your progress continues on your next mummy mb it's pretty simple.
X amount of switch hits then the captive ball until mummy is collected again. Either shoot for the spinner then the captive ball or play how you are used to but remember to keep an eye on and hit the captive ball when possible.
Whatever letters you collect will still be lit when you make it back into mummy mb.

#5402 4 years ago

I can get to 2M2M more easily, so definitely need a new strategy.

Damn, I almost never make it to 2m2m. Maybe 4 times. I have often made it through all the modes but game over before collecting eddie again. (Those last few times spelling eddie are a lot of ramps) I really need to nail down the revive spinner still.

#5405 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Added this mod the other day!! So glad!! Fits perfectly in an open spot and love the propella spinning!!
Slow mo video: [quoted image][quoted image]

What art blades do you have? I have the Stern ones which are very similar to yours but no tanks or jetpacks. Pre battle art blades? Here is a poor picture of mine at a similar angle.
20190911_000848 (resized).jpg20190911_000848 (resized).jpg

#5409 4 years ago

Can you post a pic of the blades from an angle where most of it can be seen.
Was thinking to order a set.

Here is what they look like on the game.

20190911_073348 (resized).jpg20190911_073348 (resized).jpg20190911_073359 (resized).jpg20190911_073359 (resized).jpg20190911_073416 (resized).jpg20190911_073416 (resized).jpg
#5433 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

How do you have contacted stern ? I have asked on the stern website... No answer
With facebook messenger... No answer....
Thanks,
Yannick

Try a phone. Geez.
708 345 7700
^^from the website^^
I googled Stern customer service. Took 20 seconds.

#5442 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am cleaning my game after only about 200 plays since it was last cleaned and it is absolutely filthy with black rubber. Could Stern have used any cheaper rubbers than they did on this game? I have got to get these off of the game fast!

Titans before my first game was played. I had my Metallica for 6mo before switching over and now I order titans before a new game even gets in my home.

#5444 4 years ago

On second photo, what is that screw hole for[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It should have a washer and small screw to prevent the button collar from backing off.

#5462 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Just started really getting back into playing my maiden, have a rules question. After all 5 modes are complete, do you have to spell eddie again to start 2mtm? I had the best game of my life, not the best score, just progress, ive never played 2mtm. I had 3 eddie cards, and was on my last mode (fotd) and had 3 seconds left. Was i 3 seconds from hitting 2mtm or no? If i was im gunna be really pissed!!!

You were 5 more ramps and the center ramp away. You have to collect Eddie all over again. I make it to this point a couple times a month but only have made it to 2m2m maybe 4 times.

#5464 4 years ago

My big piss off was having cyborg, mummy and trooper collected and being 2 shots from 2m2m. I never thought I would EVER battle the beast but now I know it is within my grasp.....eventually.

#5467 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You can change the settings so that after your 5th mode you have 2mtm ready to go at the ramp, rather than having to hit 5 ramps

But that's cheating

#5497 4 years ago

What are the various ways to collect tomb treasures? I usually get 2 or 3. I've never made it past 4.
-Collecting soul shards
-Collecting loop jackpot (does this apply to all loop jackpot completions or just the first one? Hard to keep track)
-Collecting Eddie cards? If so, also lvl 2 cards?

#5498 4 years ago

While I'm asking questions, what are the prerequisites for the add a ball in Mariner and Aces High? I know to hit the clairvoyant orb target for add a ball but I dont know when it's ready and sometimes waste my time shooting for a nothing shot.

#5505 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Had some time today to add a few nice mods to my Pro:
First off, switched 4 of the white GI bulbs in the slings/Outlanes to red. It’s what the premium has and the code for the light shows are nearly identical, so happy with how this turned out.
The other thing I did was a song change. Changed Can I Play with Madness to Where Eagles Dare, and dang was that a sweet idea. Definitely recommend[quoted image]

I've been thinking of swapping out can I play with madness and wasted years for something silly. I dont particularly like those songs and unlike my Metallica, they arent tied into a bunch of other modes or anything. I'm leaning toward some classic video game music. So far I'm thinking Ken's theme from Street Fighter and Greenhill zone from Sonic. Those 2 would only fill one slot so I'd have other options but i like old game music so at least a little bit.

#5520 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wasted Years is one of the coolest intro songs to a wizard mode ever in pinball! I couldn’t imagine anything replacing it.
Can I play with madness. Fully agree that song can go. May have to try where eagles dare too. That could be a nice pinball soundtrack bonus.

Which wizard mode uses Wasted years? I assumed battle the beast was number of the beast and run to the hills was, well, run to the hills.

#5524 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Cyborg Multiball is Wasted Years. And I agree with Eskaybee that a different song just wouldn't sound right with that intro.

Crap, you are right. Good catch. I dont want to take anything out that is tied into gameplay so....
This is why I dont change my Metallica even though I cant stand half of the tracks they chose to use. They are heavily tied into the game. Samples are taken from almost all songs.

#5537 4 years ago

I dont know if this is common knowledge but I didnt know until tonight.
If you are going for the super skill shot and you hit the mini loop prior to hitting the target, it will light 3x playfield multiplier instead of 2x.

#5540 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Joined the club over the weekend and now have to travel all this week for work. By the time I get home my kids will have high scores I will likely never beat. I should have left the legs off until I got home. Still happy to be in the club!

Pull the fuses lol

#5543 4 years ago

I would love if the next code update implemented a mode lock (thinking TFTC)
Hitting the spinner until you collect Eddie changes modes. It would be cool to be able to lock a mode in somehow though if it's a mode you are after. It would add another (small) layer to the strategy of the game. Maybe hitting the orb or even the tournament button could.lock/unlock a mode. Idk, I've just been enjoying TFTC lately and could see that aspect working for Maiden as well.

#5546 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone answer the following questions please?
Does this shaker work in the game? I've heard guys having issues with the shaker activating the slam tilt. Is that still an issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
What mirror blades work for this game? Will these work even thought they say they are for Stern DMD?
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-mirror-blades

I've installed a Stern shaker in Metallica (SAM)
and Iron Maiden (Spike2).
The Spike2 kit came with an extra bit to install to prevent the issue you are referring to.
I've never had a problem with either.

Correction. My first one in my Metallica squeaked horribly from day one. My distributor gave me a new one and it's been perfect.

#5562 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I've had my Pro since March, and have put on about 300 plays. NO IDEA why I just thought about it now, and then went and checked, but I don't have any attract mode? Looked under settings and didn't find any. What am I missing?

??
So what does it do when you arent playing it?

#5564 4 years ago

There isnt sound in attract mode (unless you push a button). It shows you how to play, some clips of someone playing a supreme, tour dates and high scores. You dont get these?

#5566 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There isnt sound in attract mode (u less you push a button). It shows you how to play, some clips of someone playing a supreme, tour dates and high scores. You dont get these?

1 week later
#5589 4 years ago

Why doesnt my game have an interlock? 2018 run pro. It seems weird and less safe.

3 weeks later
#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes. The trooper Super Jackpot uses the super jackpot insert pictured here
[quoted image]

That's an odd choice of camera angle to show the super jackpot. You don't even have the target in frame lol.
As soon as I get my add a ball I focus on the super and just let balls drain until the ball save is over or I hit my target.

Screenshot_20191109-224300 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191109-224300 (resized).jpg
#5686 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

That’s awesome man .. my anxiety levels max out when I Cyborg lol .. sorry for the upside down[quoted image]

While we are sharing our personal bests...
This is the only time I didnt choke on cyborg mb (scored over 150m)

20191024_160034 (resized).jpg20191024_160034 (resized).jpg
#5689 4 years ago

Unfortunately, this is how my games usually pan out.
Great first ball followed by garbage, garbage, garbage.

20191111_112959 (resized).jpg20191111_112959 (resized).jpg20191111_113117 (resized).jpg20191111_113117 (resized).jpg20191111_113157 (resized).jpg20191111_113157 (resized).jpg20191111_113347 (resized).jpg20191111_113347 (resized).jpg
#5710 4 years ago

Mine has cones. The flat one looks like the stop for my trough coil though. I'm thinking maybe yours was an error?

#5728 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Just realized ,“ ITS SHOWTIME” is a throwback to AF ... well goddammit

Also "Dirty pool"

3 weeks later
#5765 4 years ago

I wonder if someone with pinbrowser knowledge could help me out. I'm computer illiterate but I own a pro and I'd like to swap out Can I Play with Madness for Dont Stop Me Now by Queen. Both tracks are within a second or two of eachother. I dont really like Can I Play with Madness and I dont have a premium so it never gets played anyway. Would someone be willing to send me a file with the swap?

1 week later
#5781 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I wonder if someone with pinbrowser knowledge could help me out. I'm computer illiterate but I own a pro and I'd like to swap out Can I Play with Madness for Dont Stop Me Now by Queen. Both tracks are within a second or two of eachother. I dont really like Can I Play with Madness and I dont have a premium so it never gets played anyway. Would someone be willing to send me a file with the swap?

Just a bump on my question. Merry Christmas.

#5800 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least you got awesome customer service. He won't reply to my emails trying to get a replacement for an AfM powerbladez inverter that died. I got one response in October when I initially emailed him where he asked for a picture of the one that failed, which I sent immediately. Nothing for every followup I've sent since then. Crazy.

I went through 3 units that all interfered with my Metaliica pro. In the end I sent all three back, kept the blades and got a partial refund. I wasnt too happy with the six months it took to end up with over priced art blades

1 week later
#5833 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

OK, it didn't happen if December--so let's hope our rumored code update does in fact drop this month--that would be a very nice present!

I've owned my Maiden for a year plus about 10 days. I havent updated code since unboxing day lol. It will be nice to see some kinks worked out but this game already plays so well. I'd like to see a jukebox mode and reset to attract mode.

#5836 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

??? Why would you not update to the latest code? I don't understand.... Any time new code drops, I can't get installed fast enough.

My point was that I installed the latest code over a year ago and there hasnt been an update since. I AM on current code. It's all I've played.

#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The last update was less than a year ago.... Hence the confusion.

Now that you mention it I must have played a couple games on old code because i remember the missile silo tilt screen before the beast tilt animation.
(Just checked and last update was 01/10/19 so I had the game for 3 weeks.)
I just didnt know the game enough back then to remember any changes made in January.
I'm excited to see what Keith has tweaked or added.

1 week later
#5892 4 years ago

It's my Birthday on the 28th Keith. Maybe a code update for the weekend? I keep telling my friends I will have them over for an update party.

#5897 4 years ago

Oh ffs!!
What's the easiest card for me to get? Trooper. Like pretty much every single game.
What card have I only gotten a small handful of times? 2m2m.
So this bs just happened lol.
I was so close to the beast but I somehow didnt collect the trooper card in either of the 2 trooper mb. That's pinball

20200118_002307 (resized).jpg20200118_002307 (resized).jpg
#5906 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

<
Thanks so much !
blockquote cite="#5419517">Hi guys , I’m considering picking one of theses up probably a LE. My question is : is the game to easy ?
I’m a decent player and played the pin a total of 8-9 times and I’m on it for long periods of time. Just curious!
Thank you

Long ball times? Yes. Easy? No.
I've owned the game for over a year now. I'm an average skill level and I still have lots of things I have yet to achieve even though I can get about 30min long games pretty often.
Also, like others have said, you can toughen it up by changing the outlanes or like my distributor did at a tournament, take the rubbers off of the inlane posts

#5908 4 years ago

Gameplay question
Could someone give me a breakdown on how the power jackpot works? How does one best build it up to the high numbers? I dont actively watch it while playing so I cant quite sort out how it grows so large sometimes (aside from multipliers). I DO understand the multiplier part tied to the cyborg objectives, I just dont understand how the points are actually accumulated. Thanks.

#5922 4 years ago

I feel like I remember someone mentioning this in the past but is there a known bug in the audits?
My center drains are 3115
My left drains are 1862
My right drains are 975
That's seems like too large a variance to me but the left lane is hungrier.

Also while I'm here. Wth is the (?) hi score?

#5925 4 years ago

How does it work then? I just know when I hit it she says "amazing!" I know nothing else about the function of this target lol

2 weeks later
#6004 4 years ago
Quoted from Angel:

Once I get my proper black legs from the distributor I will definitely remove those protectors. Then again I may take the advice of one of the pinside members and powder coat the pin purple to match...and leave the legs as they are...

Purple wouldnt work with your game very well though. I'd go black or just powder coat all of it to something more appropriate

#6014 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, what would people say if Run to the Hills was added as a separate game like Keith is doing with JP?
I would like it as no way, like as in ever, will I see RTTH!

I'm all proud of myself when I get the 3rd tomb treasure lol. Battle is somewhat achievable for me but r2th? No way man. (I'd also like to see the loop extra ball brought down to a non Elwinian number. Maybe 25?)

#6017 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I have played so many games in which I just focus on loops and ive never gotten past 35. 50 is insane, or as you put it, Elwinian.

I'll get a dozen without trying but I've also tried to focus on loops, sometimes making it to the mid 30s. Maybe if the loop jackpots also counted toward the overall loops I'd do better but even then I'd have only got the free ball a handful of times in over a year of ownership.

2 weeks later
#6136 4 years ago

Unless your mylar is chewed up, just clean off any wax/dirt with an alcohol swabs and stick the metal down on top of the mylar. Mine has been installed for months with zero issues.

#6145 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Any creative suggestions on preventing this from happening?[quoted image]

I added a ring at the right height to bounce any balls back into play and havent had any hang ups in over a year now.

20200225_052756 (resized).jpg20200225_052756 (resized).jpg
#6147 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

does anyone know how late in the run stern replaced the mylar with the metal loop protector, I have an LE and just wondering if it would have already been installed.
cheers

I think anything post 2018 is metal (mine is Nov.18 and did not have the metal) but you could just physically check. No glass removal needed or anything.

20200225_084315 (resized).jpg20200225_084315 (resized).jpg
#6149 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am thinking about giving this machine a whirl, but wanted to secure a different custom music mix someone has created first. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Buy it. Play it. Learn to love the music

#6163 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Tips right at the holes.

Childish chuckle

#6170 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just created these apron cards for an IMLE owner, so I wanted to offer them to the group. Cost is $10 per set (includes US postage - $12 per set if outside US). The cards are printed on a 6 ink photo quality printer using OEM inks and heavy ultra high gloss OEM photo paper. I then coat them with a clear gloss vinyl laminate, cut to size, then color the edges so that the white of the paper does not show.
Please PM me if interested in purchasing (sorry, but I do not share my artwork/files).[quoted image][quoted image]

You used the trooper beer label as a watermark? Because there isnt a ton of Iron Maiden art out there to work with?
Most people just share their homemade arts and crafts cards. Asking for money for junk art with bad fonts and at least 3 spelling errors? Don't quit your day job

#6176 4 years ago

I've got myself too excited for a code update. I've been checking Sterns website at least daily now lol.
lm crossing my fingers that we will see an update in the next week or so. My logic being that there were about 2-3 weeks between each of the more recent JP3 updates. JP3 hit 1.0 on Feb.19th. Fingers crossed that means Maiden is in the next week or so.
Non gameplay related updates I'd like to see (there is a whole thread for gameplay updates and bug fixes)
-Another track or two?
-A Powerslave mode (one of their best albums and the theme embraced by this machine but no mode?)
-maybe a wizard mode cheat a la JP3?
-power pyramid stats shown before plunge
-soft reset to attract mode
-legacy of the beast video game intro in attract mode (it really gives you a bit of a story to the gameplay)

Come on sk8ball lets see it. You rock harder than Maiden

#6178 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Isn't powerslave the mummy multiball? Same way trooper is trooper multiball and not an individual mode.

Fair enough. Hadn't considered that. So with mbs and modes, all songs are covered.....so lets get a new track or two to tie a mode to lol.
Trooper = trooper mb
Powerslave = mummy mb
Wasted years = cyborg mb
2m2m = 2m2m mini wizard
Number of the beast = wizard battle
Run to the hills = unattainable mini wizard lol
Cipwm = premium (only) multiball
Rotam, fotd, aces, hbtn, icarus = mode tree

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Last time I exchanged a message with KME it sounded like they had not even started to work on our update, so I've scaled my time expectations way back.

Unofficial downvote for bumming me out lol

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I designed this mod for my Iron Maiden and wanted to get you guy’s feedback? I used green, but can do it in white, red, blue, and purple as well. Thanks and let me know good or bad.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've always disliked the tomb mod that is available. This would look much nicer on the mummy captive ball. Nice job. Maybe a red or yellow light would look best?

#6193 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

Isn't powerslave the mummy multiball? Same way trooper is trooper multiball and not an individual mode.

How did I forget that when I even have Powerslave Eddie holding the sign lol.

20200302_065650 (resized).jpg20200302_065650 (resized).jpg
#6195 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Has anyone done any different speaker acrylics than the 666 or machine gun eddie?

I have a pro but I've always been a bit surprised nobody had made some with pyramids or the eye of ra for the premium and LE models.

#6198 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Someone should do another EDDIE face on a acrylic that’s not on the playfield. The first Iron Maiden album with young Eddie would look pretty sick! Do it speakerlightkits.com!

But that album isnt Bruce. I'd be trying to stick to Bruce timelines if it were up to me.

#6199 4 years ago

Actually, you know what might work well? If someone copied the pharaoh template from the premium center ramp. Keep that going in the speakers. Not for me but I could def see it on a premium model.

2 weeks later
#6264 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Thanks. It's taking me forever to get through all this. I think I'm up to page 63. Then I saw the 1.06 bug thread, and that's a few pages long.

Pretty sure the bug thread is from launch and the title has just been updated with each code update. The thread should not be about 1.06 exclusively if memory serves.
You want 1.06 though.

1 week later
#6284 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shaker motor is great on this machine IMO.
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
Also, the Stern art blades really finish the look.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-iron-maiden-art-blades.html
And yes the Maiden music is very well integrated into the modes. One of the best features of the game.

^^What he said about shaker and art blades.^^
Also....
There is also a guy on here named Pinmonk
He sells a quiet fan kit and some great lenses to change the colour of your insert lighting.
I recommend the fireball loop and I cant even look at a Maiden anymore without the mode tree colours. Not only are they stylish but they help to check what modes are left or next, etc. without as much actual looking down at them during play. Each mode is lit their respective colours based on the Eddie inserts in each mode.
Also some Titans are nice.
Oh, and the Pharoah light diffuser for the target and eyes.
20200326_212253(0) (resized).jpg20200326_212253(0) (resized).jpg20200326_212301 (resized).jpg20200326_212301 (resized).jpg20200326_212306 (resized).jpg20200326_212306 (resized).jpg20200326_212331 (resized).jpg20200326_212331 (resized).jpg

#6286 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the recommendations.

Clearly I meant the other guy lol.
It's a good product, man (thumbs up)

#6301 4 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I did that and Star Wars recognized the shaker right away. It acts like it’s not even there. Settings were set to max on shaker menu

I'm only going off memory but I feel like there are separate settings for on/off and intensity. I'd check through the menus just to see that you in fact have it set to on AND at max. All I have for you at the moment. The shaker is amazing in this game. Good luck

#6330 3 years ago

Aw man, I just did a double take. Stern released new code for Iron Man. I got excited for a fraction of a second as i thought it said Iron Maiden.

#6332 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Iron Man code is bigger news than you think

Didnt say it wasnt big news. I dont own an Iron Man though.

#6344 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'm yet to be convinced that having a shaker motor is beneficial in the long term. I've played a few machines with them and do agree it adds to the experience but i guess i'm more concerned that over time it's going to loosen screws, vibrate parts, etc. Is there any evidence out there that suggests one way or the other from long term use?

Plenty of good Last Action Hero and DE Jurassic Park still rumbling around collections and arcades 25yrs later. Most of which would have been in arenas, arcades, bowling alleys or pizza joints for the first half of their lives. Get a shaker. Its worth the gamble imo

#6350 3 years ago

I decided to just put it off until the new code gets released but I'm.itchi g to swap out Can I play with madness (I have a pro) for "Dont stop me now". The 2 songs are only 1 second apart in length. (Id also swap out "wasted years" but its tied into cyborg mb. Other than that I'm good. I loved Maiden already before I owned the game so I'm a very happy guy as is.
Better than Metallica where my favorite album is kill em all and the game had one track from it. Met is so heavily bogged down with Black album garbage for mass appeal. Kill em all, ride the lightning, master of puppets. No need to keep going after that imo.

1 week later
#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from PStudart:

Whats up guys!
I am Paulo and just started a Pinball channel that will talk mainly about Pinballs full of cool MODs!
The first episode was made with an awesome Stern IRON MAIDEN Premium! Hope you enjoy it.
This video has English subtitles. But the next one I am planning to do a full english version.
If you enjoy the content, please help with your like and sharing with friends.
Thanks a lot!

Have I gone too far with 9 spot lights? Nah, make it an even 10.

#6442 3 years ago

When the post it note was making the rounds at Stern saying "update IM code", somebody should have been more specific. Nice to see Iron Man get an update but I'm stuck at home during quarantine and I would kill for a Maiden update right about now. If an extra track or two were added like Metallica that would be extra amazing. Maybe count my loop jackpots toward my loop extra ball? I still wouldnt get one at 50 loops but I would be a lot closer.

#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Id like a left flipper start button game kill like others have
Cant tell you how many times I bump the start button

Only happens to me on games with a lockdown button. I will lean in to read the playfield inserts/art and check out shots (on games I am unfamiliar with) and hit that button. (No I'm not fat lol)

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, your Iron Maiden doesn't have a lockdown button? Canada, always getting the short end of the stick...
[quoted image]

See what you've started?

1 week later
#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I had superband/perfectplay rubber on my pin and it just felt like it made the shots inconsistent so put the original black rubber on the flippers and it felt better... but that’s opinion. Maybe try the black rubber again and see if you can find that shot. I love how superbands/perfectplay look but on some games they make the shots a little off.

Titans ftw

#6505 3 years ago

Has anyone brassed plated their Maiden maps and wire forms? Could look good. Could be too much.

#6525 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:That truck plate make me wonder; If May the 4th is Stars Wars Day, couldn't May the 10th be Iron Maiden Day.

The band was formed on December 25th. Christmas shmistmas

#6526 3 years ago

Didnt even have the playfield up but spotted all this gold. I'm rich!!!
Guess its about time for some stops. I.havent had any issues with gameplay...so far20200509_095252 (resized).jpg20200509_095252 (resized).jpg

20200509_095304 (resized).jpg20200509_095304 (resized).jpg20200509_095323 (resized).jpg20200509_095323 (resized).jpg

#6536 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

How do you lite the revive?

Shaker motor is great in this game.
20200510_111100 (resized).jpg20200510_111100 (resized).jpg

#6539 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I think Shaker Motor is best on the minimal setting. If any higher, it will shake and score points before you even plunge. I think it shakes the newton balls....At least on my new premium.

Crank that shaker baby! All good on a pro or a properly adjusted premium (he is talking about the clairvoyant newton on the premium. It can be finicky to tweak properly)

#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Run the shaker on maximal!

Screenshot_20200510-180532_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200510-180532_Google (resized).jpg
#6574 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Once on ball 2, holding the Start button down for about 5 seconds resets the game with mine. Same as my last run MET Pro. I don't recall that being an adjustment setting.

That just resets to a new game. He is talking about resetting into attract mode again.

#6584 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

So I asked everybody on this thread what are the best mods to get for Iron Maiden. Most people said a subwoofer and a shaker. The subwoofer is huge add on for this! Thank you guys for recommending the sub. However the Shaker is useless. I bought the spike shaker from Stern and it barely shakes. I have it on maximal use and I can barely notice it. Beside a game like my iron man that has a red Tremor and is constantly going through the whole game, Iron Maiden seems to only go if you hit a jackpot. It barely shakes at all even when you do hit a jackpot it's a couple small turns. Very disappointed with the Shaker use in Iron Maiden. Hopefully they update that with a new update

That's not right. I have the Stern shaker in my Maiden and my Metallica (same skater, different hookup) Shakes the pin so much it sometimes Moves around the floor. I considered adjust Metallica down. I HAVE had a defective shaker before that squeaked like crazy (my distributor replaced it). Something isnt right.
Red tremor is great if you want to feel like you are playing a 25 year old Data East game in a bar.

#6593 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

. It's still useful to throw a cheap switch in it though, considering the power switch is in a crappy place.

This is a big reason I bought some wemo plugs. "Hey Google. Turn on Iron Maiden"

#6599 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have a broken plastic from this. Happened in the first week of owning the machine. Can't buy individual plastics either...

Goody bag should have you covered. Have you checked?

20200518_163408 (resized).jpg20200518_163408 (resized).jpg
#6600 3 years ago

Yeah I checked. Mine came loaded up.

20200518_163744 (resized).jpg20200518_163744 (resized).jpg20200518_163807 (resized).jpg20200518_163807 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Had a weird stuck ball the other day... i tilted to free it as my score was sucking balls that game.
Anyone else ever have one snag up here?[quoted image][quoted image]

I put a rubber on that post after several hangups in my first month of ownership. Not a single hang up since.

20200526_221233 (resized).jpg20200526_221233 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6638 3 years ago

Code update dang it!!!!
Something fresh during quarenteen would be amazing right now. So much for January as the possible code update.

#6667 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

IMDN is the last game waiting for the 5.25" speaker treatment. I installed on EHOH and BKSOR and they look fantastic. Another order coming your way!

What kind of speakers have you been buying?

#6670 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pyle and Rockford Fosgate. I like the Fosgates because they’re aesthetically nicer than the Pyles, but have similar sound. About $40 a pair on amazon.

Like these ones?https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BF6HX9E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VCf4Eb4Q91EV0
I have an external sub but I've never swapped out the head speakers. Straight swap.or more involved?

#6672 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sorr I don’t belong here yet .Bought first Pin WOZRR in feb n I’m hooked like a catfish on stink bait!!!! Between MET n IM for second I’m ready to pop What say you about IM?

Huge Metallica fan. Dream theme. First nib. Told myself it was forever and modded the hell out of it.......sold it 18mo later. It gets old. My Maiden is now about 18mo old. It has more than 5x the plays on it my Metallica had and it will NEVER leave. One of the best games out there period. Go for Maiden. You will NOT be disappointed. 18mo later and im actually looking into upgrading the the backbox speakers as we speak. Grab a Maiden qnd a sub and never look back

#6677 3 years ago

Decided to go with what was recommended by speakerlightkits themselves
$70cdn locally

20200610_151255 (resized).jpg20200610_151255 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6689 3 years ago

My thoughts were that new Maiden code may be done but is supposed to include new tour dates in attract mode. Maybe a previously made agreement. Uncertain tour dates could be one reason the code seems more than a little late from what we were hearing in the winter. Still an amazing game as is but now would be a perfect time for a code drop. Lots of time stuck at home.

#6708 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

you'll earn an extra ball after 50.

Lol. Ok Keith.
Still haven't got my loops past about 30.

#6714 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

I’d like to see better progress indicators in new code. Show my EDDIE status all the time please. Where am I in the mode and what do I still need to do? I wouldn’t mind if they settled on one name for the main target in Pro version either. Is it the sacophagus? Pharaoh’s tomb? The cannon? What? Just call it the ramp target for all I care, and the tell what it does. “Shoot the ramp target to fire the cannon, open the tomb...”. whatever it is would be fine. I could also live with a prominent indicator on the lcd of what shot to hit when there’s a callout telling me to collect some bonus. I think these things might help me score better and for sure would make it more accessible for casual players. Not complaining. It’s an awesome game. Just some things I think of after a few months and a few hundred plays.

I like firing the cannon, shoo(t)ing the bird and climbing over the wall. It is never referred to as the sarcophagus. That's the mummy captive ball. Pretty sure when its referred to as the tomb its only when it says to hit the target to collect Pharoah tomb treasure.
I agree id like to see a more present power feature count and Eddie collection but i see no need to mess with the centre ramp callouts. The callouts are only confusing if you dont bother to look at the brightly lit, color coded arrows showing you where to shoot.

1 week later
#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

2-3 miles drive from DC ideal but might travel further for the right deal.

Driving a powerwheels? They do have a limited battery life.
Good luck finding almost ANY pin in that search radius.
My distributor is an hr drive away. I drove 500k for a High Speed and about 1000k for a Donkey Kong. Maiden is worth a whole day of driving imo. You clearly dont want one that badly lol

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Any idea when this machine will stop being produced? IMDN being vaulted in the near future.

I dont see them stopping Maiden runs for another year at least. If you are hloding out for a vault of a game still in production yiu might want to check out the tron or lotr vault rumour threads. Stern doesnt vault what the publics demands. They vault what is convenient

#6801 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The 50 loops EB seems like a mythical beast to me. I guess timing out the loop jps would help, but that's seems equally crazy. Gotta cash those in. The struggle is real.

Maybe if all loops counted toward the 50 id have an occasional chance but i average about 20 loops and max out in the low 30s.
Im really hoping this is something that gets nerfed a bit for us normal pinball folk. Ive already got R2TH to never achieve thanks.

#6804 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You can Nerf it in the settings. I had mine at 40 until I started getting it more often. 50 is high IMHO. 40 is more realistic considering jackpot loops don't count. I doubt anyone playing this on route had ever achieved that exb.

Quoted from ectobar:

You know you can adjust the number right? It's one of the feature adjustments. Maybe try setting it to 40?
I'm going to leave mine alone for now, but it's still fun to grumble about.

Sure. If i wanted to cheat. I could also have it set to 5 ball and battle the beast this week but i like to play as intended.
I want the FACTORY setting to be lower lol

#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Problem with my game is a lot of big loops fail to register... what was the fix for this, covering the bottom half of the opto cutout holes, or was that JP's fix?

Taped over half the opto. Registers every time since

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lol. Comparing 40 loops to five ball.
To say factory is always perfect for settings is ridiculous. I have to turn off all xbs on TZ or I tour the door twice per game. Does that make me a god? Hell no. Factory is too easy.
I think IMDN loop setting and Di sim carry over are the only two things I've ever nerfed. IMDN is back to 50 for me, but 40 is a much better factory default for most players.
For the record, I've had games at about 1.5 billion and never battled the beast.
5 ball... Lol. That's funny.

Twilight Zone wasnt designed with home use in mind though. There are many 90s games with much more achievable goals than modern games. Totan is easy as hell.
I hit final battle in Shadow regularly and made it to showdowns with Bob when i had a Junkyard. Never made it to end of the line or battle the beast though. Deeper code these days.

*also, maybe look up the definition of compare and reread my previous post. Im having trouble finding the comparison.

#6851 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

grab it and pull it back, or put a flathead screwdriver shaft on that post to the left and on the left side of the target and use that for leverage to force it back over.
There is a modified version of the target bracket you can install that prevents leaning. Pinball Life has it:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Ive done this more than once. Even tried locktite. It always goes back tonthe left. I want to order a bracket but shipping to Canada was like $40 for 1 little bracket

#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whelp, I sure hope so. Maybe they were waiting for the Maiden showdown win...

"Maiden won the showdown. Dont waste your time with a code update, its good enough"- Gary Stern (in my mind)

#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Anyone start with a pro and move to premium? I love my pro but thinking about getting a NIB premium while I can. I beleive I will own a version of this indefinitely.

Love my pro. No desire to go premium. I dont like the egypt package and the extras hardly seem worth the extra money.

#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I played the pro and went LE. .

Ill take 2 pros over an LE almost everytime. Its really just about how you want to spend your money.

#6919 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

One man's "wank factor" is another man's better art, mirrored back glass, powder coating, invisiglass, and shaker motor.

Invisiglass and shaker arent expensive enough to justify the price hike imo and are available through all models. The rest of the stuff you mentioned is literally "wank factor" though. Nothing wrong with wank factor but you are proving his point.

2 weeks later
#7136 3 years ago

34 Maiden thread posts since i last logged on.
Really hoped there had been a code drop.

1 week later
#7178 3 years ago

Remember when we were all pretty sure we were getting a code update back in January.....then again after JP hit 1.0
Keith has finished game 3 and is working 4 now.
I hope we dont get left waiting too much longer but Maiden seems to be a low priority

#7181 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Isn't Rick the programmer? He would be providing the update....

I think of Rick and Keith as PB and J. Thet can work alone but are best paired together

2 weeks later
#7213 3 years ago

New GC!!!
Absolutely tanked Cyborg but did ok for 2m2m considering it was only my 4th time playing it i think and im pretty sure i had only collected 1 or 2 soul shards.
Was only missing mummy (and barely) or id have finally got to Battle the Beast. So close.

20200903_171806 (resized).jpg20200903_171806 (resized).jpg20200903_171820 (resized).jpg20200903_171820 (resized).jpg
#7238 3 years ago

Werent we supposed to get a code update after JP hit 1.0 code?
Im stupidly excited about Avengers but i still want my Maiden update.

#7261 3 years ago

Hell, id be happy with bug fixes and a nerfed loop extra ball.
Id be over the moon if we got a new track or two with the new jukebox mode Stern is implementing going forward.

#7267 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

You can change the loop extra ball count in the game settings. I set mine to 30 and I've enjoyed the change.

Well yeah, if i wanted to cheat

#7279 3 years ago
Quoted from truthdivides:

Complaining about a setting that is within your power to change and refusing to adjust it doesn't make a lot of sense. You paid a bunch of money for the machine. Set it up so you get the most enjoyment out of it.

I enjoy it plenty. Its my favorite game. My brain wont accept high scores unless the game is on factory settings though. Never feels like a true accomplishment to me if i mess with the settings.

#7285 3 years ago

Im no insider but werent we told last winter that the next Maiden update was basically ready but waiting on some JP 1.0 finishing touches? I think (hope) its taken so long because there is a big surprise coming. I mean, you never forget your first....right Keith?

3 weeks later
#7408 3 years ago

As if this game wasn't already bolted to the floor, the gf started playing a few games on her own tonight. Put up a score of 118,329,650
Shes a keeper
......so is the gf

20201004_211150 (resized).jpg20201004_211150 (resized).jpg
#7465 3 years ago

Also, fuck soccer! This is a Maiden thread. No room for sissies faking injuries :p

1 week later
#7486 3 years ago

Almost 2yrs now. I can hit the 400s fairly regularly. My high is just over 850.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

Gotta master those ramps, they are late on the flipper

....thanks tips :p

#7512 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

By 2x I thought he meant playfield multiplier which would have been huge.

-Hold left flipper
-Plunge to upper left flipper
-Hit mini loop
-Hit super skillshot (sjp) for instant 2x playfield multiplier.
(It was hinted to me that two mini loops then the super skill will award a 3x multiplier but im not that good)

#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Well ok then. That is beefy. Game on.
Plunging the outlane is still super fun.

I still go for the basic shot later in the game because inwant those Eddie letters. I care more about mode progression than points usually

1 week later
#7523 3 years ago

I havent had a chance to get the glass off yet (i have to move several pins) but has anyone else had this problem.
When my mini flipper post drops it doesnt hug the left rail to the flipper like it used to. The post now bumps it so it hops from the center of the lane to the middle of the mini flipper. A minor annoyance, i know.

1 week later
#7555 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I need some help. I am about to do a Titan rubber swop and I can’t decide what colors I want to go with. I am also not sure if I should get the low bounce flipper rubber or their standard. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Im about ready to reorder myself. 2yrs on mine now. Dark blue with orange upper flippers. Only way to go. If you go a little bit more like i did, i put yellow by the left ramp and a green one behind the drops. Standard stock Stern post sleeves are my preference on this one though.

#7564 3 years ago

I dont get the figures thing. This isnt Monster Bash. The focus isnt the Eddie characters. Maiden is an amazing shooter with basically zero focus on toys or mechs. I feel like all these figures people buy just seem out of place and in some cases just tacky.

#7570 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Little harsh, don't you think? Plus, the Prem and LEs came with 2 molded figures on the playfield, so it's hardly "zero focus on toys or mechs".
I actually agree with you in general, I'm not a fan of *any* figures on playfields, always struck me as kind of lame - "look at the little toy batman", or whatever. In fact, I recently purchased a DP Pro over the Prem because I preferred the art package, and I didn't want the figures on the playfield.
Having said that, I kind of went nuts when I got my IMDN LE and I'm fine with it on this game. I went high-end and I think it turned out pretty great... except sometimes it still bothers me that I have action figures on my pinball game.
In any case, each to their own, they are all just big toys anyway.
[quoted image]

You downvoted my comment, misquoted it, then agreed with it and went on to bash toys being added to games in a harsher way than anything in my original comment.
So, ...we agree?
You are a hard man to follow sir

#7575 3 years ago

Not necessarily disagreeing but my thoughts...
As you mentioned, Eddie is already prevalent on the game. It not Eddie himself that bothers me so much as look of these Eddie toys. Most look like cheap action figures and most seem excessive is all. The piece of mind Eddie works but the rest are just Eddie overload to me. It not like every shot represents a different Eddie and needs another figure. I installed a flat plastic mummy Eddie (mezel i believe) at the Mummy MB. That all i felt was needed for my tastes. (from a guy who dropped far too mich money into Metallica mods. Snake ramp, cemetary arch, etc). Anyway, i feel like this is a mountain from molehills thing now. I dont have an issue if someone adds toys. No downvotes for them. I just personally dont like it for this game and was sharing my thoughts.

Sidenote: Big Metallica fan. I dont consider Sparky a representative of the band. Sure he is there but id never have thought twice about him if i erent also a pinball guy. Insuspect the same could be said about "jackie" jester as id never seen the character until pinball but i cant stand Aerosmith anyway (the band or the game)
-rant ended

AIQ ARRIVES THIS WEEK
MAIDEN GETS A BROTHER

#7578 3 years ago

Nov 20 code update? Please please please

Omg if we had the ability to select studio or live versions for all tracks?!?! Holy hell that would be great

1 week later
#7616 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Let’s see, installed yet? I ordered the same speakers...
I’m getting Yellow ring. I have the Premium.

With blue

I like the blue, yellow, purple and red swirl effect

20201123_172521 (resized).jpg20201123_172521 (resized).jpg
#7620 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. Its not just green it changes colors so I need to find one with RGB colors.

Just take it off and enjoy one of the best games ever.

#7631 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Tried ordering IMDN from my distro and was told that it's been discontinued
I knew I should've got it instead of DP earlier this year, but hindsight is 20/20. Went with TMNT instead.
I will join this club at some point, once people start tiring of it and sell it 2nd hand!

Told this by whom? As far as anyone i know is saying they are still planning to run Maiden in 2021. There is just a huge backorder list of Stern titles right now. Cant get a JP or EHOH nib right now to save a life.

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Im going to tape the receiver of the opto to see if that helps

Dont tape the receiving end. Whats happening (with most loop opto. Not necessarily yours) is that the ball passes through the beam so quickly that the opto doesnt register a broken beam. Covering half of the output side reduces the size of the beam thereby causing the ball to break the beam for a slightly longs time giving the opto a chance to recognize what happening. I did this and my loop is all 100%.
Covering the recieving end would technically do the same but you are making it much harder to line up the optos. Narrow beam with large reciever will work much better than a large beam with a narrow reciever. Good luck

#7668 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't settle for less than 100%, and don't use the absolutely ridiculous tape method. The issue is misalignment. You're taping off opto bleed. This is not new, and the best fix is to put your machine into switch test mode, loosen the screws on the send side of the opto. Flick your finger past the opto so that you can mimic the failure. Adjust the angle of the opto till it's 100%. Use paper shims to keep the opto in position and tighten. My loop opto was off and it is now 100% after this 20 minute fix.
I've seen opto shims on old w/b games too, and I'm not sure who unfortunately "invented" the silly tape fix, but I guess it's better than buying the mod that does the same thing.

Except this isnt accurate. I have a tool that actually sees the opto on my screen and mine qere aligned perfectly. The loop was getting so fast on repeating shots that the ball was flying through the opti so quickly it wasnt registering. The tape method is not ridiculous as many have done this and it not only works but makes sense. There is a reason people sell opto blinder mods for this title. A little piece of tape wont hurt your game or ever be seen (or thought of) again.
Also, IF it was just helping with alignment, a piece of tape is so much easier to do than an adjustment lol

#7669 3 years ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Was it a matter of "dialing it" in terms of tape placement and coverage in order to achieve the 100%

Just tape off half of it and call it a day. I guarantee itll be worth it. Easy peasy

#7692 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

So what does that mean anyway?

Seems pretty self explanatory. Make a playlist to listen to Maiden without playing pinball i assume.

1 week later
#7703 3 years ago

Anyone else finding themselves checking the Stern website daily for a code update?
Im far too excited to get this. Its like a mini Christmas.
2020 was shit but Maiden got an update

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 39.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
378 posts in this topic match your search for posts by knockerptsd. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=knockerptsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.